question: OP archer VS OP other class

2»

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    at least someone is keeping the the nigerian princes in business.

relevant
  • locker09
    locker09 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

And I ofc havn't heard of any Archer that would have survived a full+12 Barbs Armageddon.

for this one i just do evasion buff everytime barbs arma me. works everytime
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    locker09 wrote: »

And I ofc havn't heard of any Archer that would have survived a full+12 Barbs Armageddon.

for this one i just do evasion buff everytime barbs arma me. works everytime

Yeah sure, xD I had to make it more clear, I never heard of anyone surviving it when it actually hits. Thats a main reason why I never pk without BloodBath on =P 9,6k Accu will have a decent chance to hit (:

For the main Topic: Killing heavy classes depends on your luck, really. If you gonna fight a good BM with your kind of "End-game" gear then you need to purge the bm. The rest of your attacking strategy depends on what marrow the BM will use, most likely Mage marrow. Thus would mean that his phy def will go down quite a bit, but will still be higher then his mag def (depends on gear tho).

So if you're not tricky and use other debuffs, then it will be so hard to kill them (hint: like stated before, get yourself a r8recast Bow with thunderstrike proc (freezes Target for 4 seconds and reduces phys and mag def by 50% for 8 seconds) and combine it in that situation with tangling mire which will result in 0 Pdef for the bm, but it's really luck dependend if you even get all this done in a few seconds).) That's why I dont like Archers that much. You need to perform tricky stuff to even be able to kill some classes, unlike Barbs. The Barbarian is the only class that can kill anything in pk. Debuffs come fast and Arma zerk crit is more then enough dmg to one-shot even 30k+ HP ppl if purged ofc =P).

So you see, it all comes down to debuffs End-game wise. If you can debuff your enemy you can beat them easily. That's why Psys suck and sins as well End-Game-wise. Archers got at least their Metal def reduce, better then nothing. There is just no way to get through those redicolous def levels without debuffs. Try to kill a full buffed ~140 def elvel seeker with 25+ HP...nearly impossible, same goes for barbs like this.

Tho purged and debuffed seekers are more like helpless BMs. In this state they shouldn't be hard to kill anymore.

Off-Topic: Isn't it funny that at first sins were feared the most in low and mid-range PvP and now they suck so bad in End-Game. I don't even care if I see sins pop up at my side in NW, TW, doesn't matter if they are full r9. Sins are laughable, good for you guys that you are archers xDDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    Dai_Viper - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2nd) wizards and psys are a cake to kill...usually 3 shot.
    Come to eat me plzb:chuckle
    Gear info: pwcalc.com/ca03cfa26484422eb:victory
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Off-Topic: Isn't it funny that at first sins were feared the most in low and mid-range PvP and now they suck so bad in End-Game. I don't even care if I see sins pop up at my side in NW, TW, doesn't matter if they are full r9. Sins are laughable, good for you guys that you are archers xDDD

eh you're a barb.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The real problem here is the balance between offense and defense in this game. When classes can defend much better than they can deal damage, archers lose out.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here is what to expect from such a wizard as you guys are discussing
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1553951

Personally I think psy is probably still the most op, but both wizzy an archer are reasonably op too.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Here is what to expect from such a wizard as you guys are discussing
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1553951

Personally I think psy is probably still the most op, but both wizzy an archer are reasonably op too.

You need more endgame experience.
    Plus adroit was killing narbs in those vids mostly.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well to be honest, archers are very capable of scoring hits of 10k+, even 20k+ against people with worse gear. It is really the endgame targets that this thread is discussing about.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Archer ... endgame sucks compared to almost every other class.

Sounds eerily familiar to the archer forums in '08-'09! b:surrender

We'll always be perceived as the gimped class of pw, but the fun factor overall is pretty high imo.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]