Merging of Euro servers

2»

Comments

• IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    taringa181 wrote: »
    time to get monsieur unband

QQ help me unban that awesome seeker so i can get r9r2 and one shot all b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Servers#Character_Name_Exclusiveness
    PvE West: Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur
    PvP West: Lost City
    PvE East: Dreamweaver
    PvE East: Raging Tide
    PvP East: Harshlands
    PvE EU: Lothranis, Momaganon

I wouldn't mind absorbing Archosaur.

Still even if two servers don't share name databases they could just rename any conflicting character names on server merge. IE Asterelle -> Asterelle_S. They have demonstrated the power to rename characters that have offensive names so this would be similar.

I do wonder what they will do about a merger leaving merged accounts with more than 8 characters. That will just affect the character select screen tho.

They sent out an email detailing all of this:
    Dear player, For the past months we have discussed the possibility to merge the servers Lothranis and Momaganon for various reasons. Now that we have gathered all your feedback and concerns it is time for you to give your final vote! Before you vote, please read carefully what this server merge would change/not change for you: Changes: - the french server Lothranis and the german server Momaganon would become one big EU server. - The official language of the server would be English; the system announcement will be in DE, EN and FR (depending on your Game Client). - GMs online will mainly speak in EN, it might be possible that some of them speak DE or FR, but it will not always be the case. - The Territories are going to be reset, like at the end of a Territory War season. No Changes: - The characters will keep everything: name, gears, levels, flyers, coins, fashion, marriage status, etc. You will keep everything. - Factions: Factions remain as they are (including factionbase) - Language: the language of the gamecontent will stay the same and fully localized. It depends on the Game Client you are using. Also Forums and Customer Support will still be available in DE and FR as usual. - Amount of characters: all your characters will be safe. If one account exceeds the max amount of characters because you play on both servers already, some will stay hidden until you delete one of the others. If you want to learn more about the topic please go to: Discussion on a server merge. You will find all the informations you need directly answered by our Community Managers. Now it's time to give us your vote! Please fill out the SURVEY to make your choice on the future of Lothranis and Momaganon Your PWI team.

survey is here

if you have characters on both euro servers that total more than 8, the the first 8 will be shown, the others will be hidden (i don't know if the order of the characters on the new server will be shown by creation date or by server, I will be testing this myself)

they say that the only way to get to your other characters is to delete other ones, but this isn't exactly true
    you can use arrow keys or page up/down (iirc) to access the other characters
    a scrollbar might even appear

I don't remember all of the exact details but 8 characters on one account is a client based limitation. If one knew how, they could disable it in the exe.
    I haven't seen anyone actually do it though, but that much is known about the account slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dysconnect - Lothranis
    Dysconnect - Lothranis Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To access the prettied up version of the mail you can click on these links:

English

French

German
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It would be really nice if Raging Tide and Dreamweaver merged.

Hardly going to happen tho...
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Nooooo! We already have 1200+ people in NW as it is, a good deal of them being alts. We don't need to reduce rewards so bad that everyone will get 20 tokens at the most.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013

raging tide and archosaur are to be merged into one server named

Rageosaurus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    LOLZZzzz.......b:pleased

b:questionI wonder if there ever was a servers merger for {PWi} If they'd ever merge {Etherblade Server} with any of the (general purpose ~ servers) like {HT server} or if they'd still keep it seperate for patch tests, like they've been doing with it, since the beta phase ended ~ Aeons Ago????b:puzzled

b:chuckleb:thanks
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013

-absolutily /not/ D:! omg that's a terrible idea.
    ...Rageosaurus
    lmao xD

Also, voted on the survey thing o.o
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Raging Tides is rather populated from what I hear. Though i think Archosaur may need more people.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013

No, and thank god. Why would it be really nice?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    servers share name databases. they were designed to be merged eventually.

No they don't.... seen sere
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013

i agree with this statement
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2013

You really should be careful what you wish for. They might just give it to you. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • villiers124
    villiers124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can we get a confirmation from PW and approximate date/month when the Moma/Loth merge is expected to happen please?

So we know what to expect and when.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can we get a confirmation from PW and approximate date/month when the Moma/Loth merge is expected to happen please?

So we know what to expect and when.
    I'm sure that when the information is available, it will be readily announced on the appropriate websites.
    This, however, is not one of them.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith