Merging of Euro servers

KingThis - Heavens Tear
KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
Title says it all, just received an email stating that the current European servers will be merged.

Hope this is a practice which will follow onto our western servers.
b:dirty having my fingers crossed!

Heck, even server transfers would be fine by me. b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
Post edited by KingThis - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Trololol? Server transfer can't be done under PWI's style of name databases.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Trololol? Server transfer can't be done under PWI's style of name databases.

servers share name databases. they were designed to be merged eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VairyHagina - Momaganon
    VairyHagina - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Don't you think our western servers are over populated enough as they are right now? b:shutup
  • KING_OF_RT - Raging Tide
    KING_OF_RT - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    servers share name databases. they were designed to be merged eventually.

Not all servers share the same name database. Definitely the French and German share it. I am sure one server shares the database with at least one other server though.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Don't you think our western servers are over populated enough as they are right now? b:shutup
    sanctuary kinda is... but might be good if a newer smaller server pour in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    imo the only thing these servers are populated with are alts and catshops. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Servers#Character_Name_Exclusiveness
    PvE West: Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur
    PvP West: Lost City
    PvE East: Dreamweaver
    PvE East: Raging Tide
    PvP East: Harshlands
    PvE EU: Lothranis, Momaganon

I wouldn't mind absorbing Archosaur.

Still even if two servers don't share name databases they could just rename any conflicting character names on server merge. IE Asterelle -> Asterelle_S. They have demonstrated the power to rename characters that have offensive names so this would be similar.

I do wonder what they will do about a merger leaving merged accounts with more than 8 characters. That will just affect the character select screen tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited January 2013
    Still even if two servers don't share name databases they could just rename any conflicting character names on server merge. IE Asterelle -> Asterelle_S. They have demonstrated the power to rename characters that have offensive names so this would be similar.

People would be upset at their name change. My BM is called Cathulion, and if I was ever forced to change it idk what I would do. Some like their character names as they have a special meaning...(as well as character cosmetic to follow up on name)
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nooo, they can't let Asterelle participate in any events if server merge happens, they just can't! QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People would be upset at their name change. My BM is called Cathulion, and if I was ever forced to change it idk what I would do. Some like their character names as they have a special meaning...(as well as character cosmetic to follow up on name)

I wouldn't expect there to be another Cathulion on a different server as that sounds pretty unique. For nonunique names, I'd lust let whoever picked the name first to be the one to keep it. The other person would get a temporary unique name plus a chance to pick a new one if desired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    HT Server LF merge.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It two server merges, does itit means you will likely get 1/2 of the token you used to get in NW because nearly twice the amount of people sharing the loots now.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I do wonder what they will do about a merger leaving merged accounts with more than 8 characters. That will just affect the character select screen tho.

I don't think they change the underlying value, just the label that we see. Someone had a name that they said looked like it was GM, so they changed his name. It kept going back and forth between it's original state, and changed state when he'd log. So not sure if they actually got the coding in place to actually change the value since 2008 or not.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    HT Server LF merge.b:cute

I second b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It would be EPIC if they were to make it like just about every other MMO and make a channel system. PVP Channel 1,2 and 3 ect with PVE. I for one would switch to PVP if I could.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I bet this server merge will be done next content update till then we gotta wait . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It would be EPIC if they were to make it like just about every other MMO and make a channel system. PVP Channel 1,2 and 3 ect with PVE. I for one would switch to PVP if I could.

Who's gonna pvp if everyone is on different channels? The world map is huge compared to the number of people who are usually on it. Imo having channels greatly kills any pvp action.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
    edited January 2013

I prefer PWI as it is, much more better. Channels get full, you can't see your friends, so many complications!
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Asty, I respect your position on this, however you lack a key piece of data: Name Changes are an alias only, at least from my experience having a renamed character.

I had an Archer named Sarrafeline1, and I politely asked the support team to rename me to SarraCrit. This was approved.

However, in Faction Chat, local chat, and on the faction list, there's a 50/50 chance of me appearing as Sarrafeline1 or SarraCrit. In whisper, on WC, and on market channel, I'm always SarraCrit.

This shows that either 1) I appear in the database as Sarrafeline1 still, but have an alias as SarraCrit on the character or 2) There's something that got missed, or wasn't deleted from the database, which causes my old name to show up in some places.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Asty, I respect your position on this, however you lack a key piece of data: Name Changes are an alias only, at least from my experience having a renamed character.

I had an Archer named Sarrafeline1, and I politely asked the support team to rename me to SarraCrit. This was approved.

However, in Faction Chat, local chat, and on the faction list, there's a 50/50 chance of me appearing as Sarrafeline1 or SarraCrit. In whisper, on WC, and on market channel, I'm always SarraCrit.

This shows that either 1) I appear in the database as Sarrafeline1 still, but have an alias as SarraCrit on the character or 2) There's something that got missed, or wasn't deleted from the database, which causes my old name to show up in some places.

Yea, I've seen this happen like twice from people I've met. They had a name change too, from my understanding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For a weird reason i don't think the western or eastern server will merge with the euro.

My opinion is that the Euro server will merge into one.

Since the Name base on every server is diffrent compared to the euro ones that share the same name from what i heard. I really doubt they will merge the western and euro together, since the western server is already over populated.

It will most likely be the two Euro servers merged into one.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For a weird reason i don't think the western or eastern server will merge with the euro.

Since the Name base on every server is diffrent compared to the euro ones that share the same name from what i heard. I really doubt they will merge the western and euro together, since the western server is already over populated.

why is this genious on page 3?...
    anyway, asterelle:
    Amount of characters: all your characters will be safe. If one account exceeds the max amount of characters because you play on both servers already, some will stay hidden until you delete one of the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Its not your opinion anymore. Its turning into a fact soon.

http://view.email.perfectworld.com/?j=fe5a1776726306757510&m=fec216717c6d0778&ls=fdc815707662067e7111707d63&l=fe9412787563077f74&s=fdf51575756105747315757c&jb=ffcf14&ju=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I bet this server merge will be done next content update till then we gotta wait . b:surrender
    this^ which probably will be on the next 1-2months for sure
  • __Conn - Archosaur
    __Conn - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    imo the only thing these servers are populated with are alts and catshops. b:surrender

True, in archosaur, 80% of everyday players are catshops :( and u dont see much players running around besides from the main cities. Server merging involving archosaur would be greeeaatt
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So are they merging because the servers don't support their own costs for licensing and such, or for some other reason? Either way, glad I'm on an established server that should last longer.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Always wondered why they thought 2 euro servers would be populated enough to sustain themselves.

I don't like the idea of NA servers merging though <.<
    W.Archo is full of enough catshops D: we don't need to double that >.> Hard enough to shop there as it is b:chuckle
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:cute Why hello there, Kiran.

time to get monsieur unband
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013

It would be option 2. There was likely a fault in the method they used to change your character name and it ended up getting changed on the SQL database, but not on your characters XML table.

Also, I was pretty sure there were two other servers that shared a database, but now I'll have to go and look up my data.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith