Quick Question with no Exp loss

Options
2»

Comments

• cawcawwww
    cawcawwww Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I chose demon for cleric primarily because of rez skill. My fault, your fault, fail squad, whatever people die, and I always wished I didn't have to stand there all constipated for 6 seconds try'n to rez em while other people were starting to die.

The whole thing about this skill or that skill doesn't benefit me is so SILLY. If it benefits anyone in my fac, squad, nation, server, etc. it benefits me.

When I chose demon for rez I had no idea about tome skills and was pretty bummed to find out demon rez is not easily aquired, but when I finally got it b:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    cawcawwww wrote: »
    My fault, your fault, fail squad, whatever people die

I consider myself a pretty good cleric. I'm active in forums, well educated on the class, fast reflexes, strong heals, I play and know the other classes... I still make mistakes. I think one of the nicest ways I can make up for my mistake is to make sure they don't lose any more experience than necessary. That's why I completely agree with this. It may not help me, but it helps cover mistakes if I make them. It also helps cover my squadmates when they make mistakes.

And that's why Ancestral Blessing is such a nice skill. It rarely actually is the clerics fault. Maybe the cleric didn't react quickly enough or had purify in cd, but its usually someone else who gets the squad in trouble first, but the cleric who pays.

And 20m is a drop in the bucket nowadays. When a skill like level 11 rez is "too expensive" yet it costs 1/8th the cost of a single endgame shard, then thats just being stingy.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    For the price clerics are lucky the most expensive skill is what? Let's say 25m, BM's DG skill is around 100m and many other class have freaking expensive skill, I would to be honest cry if needed to pay one single skill over 75m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Never had demon res, and never will. I get invited to squads just fine :3

b:pleased

/highfive! b:victory

On my demon cleric, I had demon rez waiting for me to learn as soon as I finished my 89 cultivation. I bought that sucker well in advance, under the impression that it was crucial to have if I wanted to get into good squads.

Nope. As someone else pointed out, people who are 100+ and actually care about their exp will carry Guardian Scrolls; they don't give a fur what level your revive is. (I'm the same way really. My main carries 30+ Guardian Scrolls at all times, and usually a couple rez scrolls for good measure).

I mean, I guess it comes in handy when I'm on an alt and AFK fly into something that kills me. And I've definitely wasted more than 20 mil on other worthless ****, so it's not a big loss, but overall, it was just unnecessary. I've probably cast it less than 20 times on players that weren't my alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I bought and learned Demon Revive,also because I often use on my own alts soooo..... b:cute
    (Also 20M its a small fee for me,considering I have over 1 billion worth fashion)
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    As someone else pointed out, people who are 100+ and actually care about their exp will carry Guardian Scrolls;

People who care about their exp realize its cheaper to find lvl 11 rez clerics than it is to buy GAs.

I don't care about my exp, but I'm not going to throw it away needlessly either. This means that I'm a little restricted avoiding dieing if my cleric doesn't have their skills updated.

Also, I will put my *** on the line 100% of the time to save our cleric because our cleric can then rez me.... Not so much if my cleric's rez isn't upgraded.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I consider myself a pretty good cleric. I'm active in forums, well educated on the class, fast reflexes, strong heals, I play and know the other classes... I still make mistakes. I think one of the nicest ways I can make up for my mistake is to make sure they don't lose any more experience than necessary. That's why I completely agree with this. It may not help me, but it helps cover mistakes if I make them. It also helps cover my squadmates when they make mistakes.

And that's why Ancestral Blessing is such a nice skill. It rarely actually is the clerics fault. Maybe the cleric didn't react quickly enough or had purify in cd, but its usually someone else who gets the squad in trouble first, but the cleric who pays.

And 20m is a drop in the bucket nowadays. When a skill like level 11 rez is "too expensive" yet it costs 1/8th the cost of a single endgame shard, then thats just being stingy.

I more or less agree with this post but object to people not being able to afford it as being stingy. Not everyone can afford endgame shards either. Some people simply don't have the time or money to invest in this game for it.

People who care about their exp realize its cheaper to find lvl 11 rez clerics than it is to buy GAs.

I don't care about my exp, but I'm not going to throw it away needlessly either. This means that I'm a little restricted avoiding dieing if my cleric doesn't have their skills updated.

Also, I will put my *** on the line 100% of the time to save our cleric because our cleric can then rez me.... Not so much if my cleric's rez isn't upgraded.

Is it honestly common practice on Sanctuary to ask someone their rez level and is it common practice for all the endgame players to keep a list of 100+ players without level 11 rez? I have NEVER seen that on DW. Like ever. I know when I was in squads with my 100 sin 99/100 nobody asked the cleric even when they did rez and they all said "ty" and went about there business. I have gotten "woots" before when I say that I have sage rez, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone not get into a squad because they didn't. That said, I more or less agree that sage/demon rez is memorable and that alone can be beneficial to the cleric. As well as the skills on there are useful as well.

@People saying sage rez is too slow

Use sage magic shell in conjunction with the rez, it may not get them up faster than demon or sage rez by itself but it saves times on the rebuff/heal process and so the overall process is much faster than without it. I don't feel like it's that slow when I use that.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    why are people being pedantic about sage rez "too slow"? while i agree demon is better because it's quicker, if anyone dies during the 6s channel then its their fault not the cleric's "slow rez"
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Honestly it's a matter of what's going on.

Demon res has a nice speed that makes it great for when you're in the middle of things, but due to the lower range can make it problematic after a squad wipe.

Sage res, on the other hand, is better for after one of those squad wipes or for if you're in any situation where you just need to res someone from a distance.

And that's standalone because taking other skills, apoth, gears, and so on into account, the situation may change quite easily.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Is it honestly common practice on Sanctuary to ask someone their rez level...

...That said, I more or less agree that sage/demon rez is memorable and that

Its not common practice. Its as you said, memorable. Its just one more skill in a cleric's toolbox that helps make them either one of the good ones or one of the bad ones and helps you remember one way or the other after the run.

I will sometimes ask if I'm planning on doing something stupid (but fun) or if I'm intentionally risking my life. For instance I joined a Lunar squad that was "at final boss, LF a barb, splitting essences." Tank 1 boss and get a split of 2 essences sounded like a great deal. When I joined I found the squad had wiped and everyone but the cleric who had released and walked back were at the bosses feet. My initial thought was to tell the cleric to not heal me and I'll hold the boss while they rez and get out of range, then I'll get out of range, die, be rezzed, and we'll buff and start fresh. That may take several deaths on my part but who cares if its no exp loss, right? Asked the cleric and they had level 10 rez, decided I didn't want to do it that way, and so we started the boss and she rezzed as I dd'd and pot tanked. Basically, it turned something easy into something harder because she didn't have her rez up-to-date. Not a big deal, but something I catalog for future reference. She was a good cleric, and I'll balance good cleric+lvl 10 rez in my head on whether I want to run with them in the future.

I also make it a habit on just checking when I die on whether I'm losing exp. No big deal if I am, usually. If the cleric is good and I die and lose exp, oh well, it happens. If the cleric is bad and I die and lose exp, now I'm mad because the cleric sucks and I lost exp because of them. Makes a difference.

I know some cleric's who have left their rez at level 1 and specifically told the squad this (some had level 11 and lied) just so the squad would be more careful. Thats their choice. For me its alot more fun to try to push my own limits and risk myself (and unforuntately the squad and cleric's life) for faster and more exciting runs. I feel bad if I mess up, but not as bad if theres a safety net like lvl 11 rez. It allows me to be a little more guilt free and have more fun with the game, pushing the limits of what I can do without as much penalty if I or someone else dies.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

Meh, I still say one of the requisites should be the cleric having level 11 rez. Seems only fair to me, if you get no exp loss that you give that bonus to others too.

Yeah makes sense i have to pay 20mil+- to res other people for being idiots. Perfect sense. I only got no xp loss after 95? Yep seems fair. Not to mention all the times i had to run back and res everyone, all the times i had to lose xp just cause the idiot squad i was with was qqing over their xp, while not one would release and help fight the way to the rest. Lol if i was on sanc id never res you, id charge you for a res.

If you played in old grinding times you'd understand why so many clerics are offended by your statement.
  • ErlangQR - Dreamweaver
    ErlangQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    make cleric XP loss/death depend on cleric res level.
    *enthusiastically translates suggestion and sends it to pw only to get completely ignored*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If you played in old grinding times you'd understand why so many clerics are offended by your statement.

I did. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yeah makes sense i have to pay 20mil+- to res other people for being idiots. Perfect sense. I only got no xp loss after 95? Yep seems fair. Not to mention all the times i had to run back and res everyone, all the times i had to lose xp just cause the idiot squad i was with was qqing over their xp, while not one would release and help fight the way to the rest. Lol if i was on sanc id never res you, id charge you for a res.

If you played on sanctuary I wouldn't be inclined to protect you. You could exercise your no loss exp skill all you wanted while I protect myself because my cleric can't pay 15-20m for a skill that helps their squadmates. Support cleric... support skills... nah we don't expect those to go along together.

5 people in the squad risk their life being first in, aggroing the mobs, swapping defense gear for dd gear so they can contribute more, and if things get sketchy they risk their own lifes to make sure the cleric survives. They expect the cleric to also support them back.

500+ mil in aps gear, 80m of demon HF, another bil in refines and shards, and using pots and getting crazy repair bills because I'm tanking and 5 apsing. Ask cleric if they have lvl 11 rez and get "Whu? 15m is too expensive for skill *troll face*"
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If you played on sanctuary I wouldn't be inclined to protect you. You could exercise your no loss exp skill all you wanted while I protect myself because my cleric can't pay 15-20m for a skill that helps their squadmates. Support cleric... support skills... nah we don't expect those to go along together.

5 people in the squad risk their life being first in, aggroing the mobs, swapping defense gear for dd gear so they can contribute more, and if things get sketchy they risk their own lifes to make sure the cleric survives. They expect the cleric to also support them back.

500+ mil in aps gear, 80m of demon HF, another bil in refines and shards, and using pots and getting crazy repair bills because I'm tanking and 5 apsing. Ask cleric if they have lvl 11 rez and get "Whu? 15m is too expensive for skill *troll face*"

The point being that for a very long time it was the cleric having to lose all the hard earned experience mainly due to the fault of the squad members. The same squad members who would wait dead until the cleric got back inside to rez them.

While I agree 15-20mil is nothing for a skill, it is also something that the cleric sees no direct benefit to themselves. The couple of bil you have put into you gears directly benefits yourself (and the squad of course). The no xp loss part of lvl 11 rez actually does not benefit the squad - if people were so worried they would carry guardian scrolls, its what clerics had to do prior to the morai skill.

Too many people these days are careless and think they can tank anything with BP and then expect a cleric to come in a scrap them off the floor when they die. I think it is great that you would put yourself on the line for the cleric in your squad but you are probably only one of the few that does b:surrender