Quick Question with no Exp loss

GrazieElis - Heavens Tear
GrazieElis - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Cleric
So where do we Cleric's go to get that skill for not loosing EXP appon death?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clerics are the ones for me..
~Not that hard to see~
Post edited by GrazieElis - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In Morai, in the order Luminence if I'm not wrong. Level 95+ can get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • GrazieElis - Heavens Tear
    GrazieElis - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    alright ty I'll go Luminance then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clerics are the ones for me..
    ~Not that hard to see~
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yep, need 3.5k prestige in luminance to buy it. And unlike the other morai skills, can be learned at 95.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That damn skill should be one of those super cheap ones that can be aquired in a couple of days and have lv.80 as requisite...at level lv.95 you get a chain of quests in morai that brings you 3/4 of the way to lv.96, now, before you get 3,5k prestige if you do enough FCC/dailies you probably gonna hit 100/101 before getting the said skill....and maybe you aren't planning to level any further at that point, kinda pointiless
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    That damn skill should be one of those super cheap ones that can be aquired in a couple of days and have lv.80 as requisite...

Meh, I still say one of the requisites should be the cleric having level 11 rez. Seems only fair to me, if you get no exp loss that you give that bonus to others too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2013

Meh, I still say one of the requisites should be the cleric having level 11 rez. Seems only fair to me, if you get no exp loss that you give that bonus to others too.

God forbids clerics to have things just for themselves I don't remember Assassins giving bloodpaint to archers, or seeker giving their free 35 Def. Levels to someone else.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    God forbids clerics to have things just for themselves I don't remember Assassins giving bloodpaint to archers, or seeker giving their free 35 Def. Levels to someone else.

God forbid a support class to not give 100% of the potential they can to others. Yea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2013
    God forbid a support class to not give 100% of the potential they can to others. Yea.

No.

Support Class =/= Slave
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013

If your xp is so precious to you, buy them the book. Why should a Cleric have to sacrifice their hard earned money for a skill that in no way benefits them. Clerics are more than a support class silly goose, they're plain beastly.
    edited January 2013
    If your xp is so precious to you, buy them the book. Why should a Cleric have to sacrifice their hard earned money for a skill that in no way benefits them. Clerics are more than a support class silly goose, they're plain beastly.

Level 11 ress is not only about the 100% exp save, sage have 40 meters range and demon half channeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Level 11 ress is not only about the 100% exp save, sage have 40 meters range and demon half channeling.

Neither of which benefit the Cleric in question, unless they're reviving someone. Which falls under the category of not benefiting the Cleric in question.

I got by fine with level 10, nobody complained. I wanted to get Demon Revive, but 20m wasn't worth it for a skill that wouldn't benefit me or drastically improve my gameplay.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    I wanted to get Demon Revive, but 20m wasn't worth it for a skill that wouldn't benefit me or drastically improve my gameplay.

Well if cutting the channeling time in half and being invited to more squads isn't worth it to you, I dunno either :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2013
    Its been months since someone asked my Cleric if she have lv.11 rev.(It happened just yesterday in a TT run after months lol), mostly because in Warsong its not a factor and in lunar well, I don't happen to run lunar much often. But lol, any lv.100+ if he wants to level so badly above lv.101 knowns how to get the very little exp loss from a lv.10 revive....*cough*phoenix valley

If someone below lv.100 asks if I have lv.11 revive...I would laugh at him lol
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, I still have lvl10 Revive though I'm looking to buy the Sage version but it's not because people complained to me about my Revive level.

Shorter channeling or longer range does benefit you actually O.o I don't see how it doesn't.

**** may happen and the tank may die, the short channeling will allow enough time for you to get the tank back up to life with HP healed and probably buffs while the DDs hold the boss (and probably die). Don't say "a good cleric won't let a tank die" because...**** happens; bosses glitch; you never know.

I'll admit the longer range for Sage isn't as useful but it's still quite handy in a few situations like when the dead person is surrounded by mobs so you can safely Revive them outside the mobs range (especially if they are patrolling).

I agree, yes, the skill is stupidly overpriced but I wouldn't say is doesn't benefit you as a Cleric. I used to think it's stupid but then I realised it's not all about the no exp-loss. Plus the majority of people who try to level beyond 101 and are serious about it will always carry Guardian Scrolls with them. I do, so I don't care what's the Cleric's Revive level.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On my cleric I have lvl 11 (sage) rez. The one and only time I see its usefulness is in TW, to rez distant people from a safe place (it benefits me cause I don't die). To me it's useful, since I made my cleric mainly to TW with. Other than that, the XP loss of a lvl 10 rez is lower than that of a mystic's rez buff (same as sage I think?), which I have yet to see people asking NOT to get.

So if anyone complains about getting rezzed by a lvl 10 rez cleric, just tell them to refuse mystic buff whenever they get have a mystic in squad as well.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013

*tentativeily raises paw* I think cleries should be able to lose no exp themselves when they have to be the only ones to run back to a squad where they died and get blamed for everything and blah blah all clerics have to deal with before they have to spend an arm and a leg of their own to make their revive that's already 90% decreased exp loss decreased to no loss :x

All of the cleric skills combine together to make a new playstyle for the cleric different than the normal one aka a less selfless one with PvP oriented healing for themselves and blah blah... except for the exp loss one, which is PvE oriented... My clerie's 84 now(I made her forever ago(she has the purple fox for instance) but got really involved in getting things for my veno so put her on hiatus), and while I think the second 'forme' for clerics is nice since with her, alot of times I end up in a BH where the barb's dual clienting his cleric so I just end up going offense/debuffing anyway... eum but I would have been perfectily willing to have the exp no-loss skill be the one 80 skill, and the forme skills all be in the 90s.
    Most of the chattering about cleric skills is that 'the new skills are pointless'(for the support carebear cleric, yes, they are considering VD's cooldown especially) and the exp loss skill comes to late to make a difference, so the exp no-loss being earlier would certainily make most people happier about it since it'd purge the only complaint.

Anyway...
    Level 11 revive does seem even by common sense to be the most applicable based on the extra addons in TW xD which isn't about the exp loss.. it's loveily in instances but it's certainily not necessary over level ten revive. (If it's thaaaaaat necessary based on the exp loss it's probabily a fail squad anyway or going headfirst into something they can't handle xD or something really really screwed up in-instance like a bug.)

Also sage mystic resurrect decreases exp loss by 95% and demon resurrect by 88%.

OP's question was already answered, so nothing more to add to that. Sorry it takes so long to get the skill :x And it's no longer tradeable.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    11 rez does have benefits for cleric too of course, but to me is not worth the money. I am getting no xp loss skill, but no 11 rez and I don't think that's unfair in any way.

And yeah... that got off topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Never had demon res, and never will. I get invited to squads just fine :3

b:pleased
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Never had demon res, and never will. I get invited to squads just fine :3

b:pleased

My goal is to be better than the other clerics people in my squad have ran with. If this means stacking before a pull, or purifying quickly then thats one way to please your squad and gain notoriety. If it means having a skill that prevents exp loss than thats another way to be better than another cleric and more preferred.

Think about demon HF. Its a skill 5x more expensive and really doesn't help the bm at all. It helps the squad. If the bm were soloing he'd have no use of HFing but not triple sparking, and triple sparking+Tangling Mire is about as effective for the BM considering mine lasts 11 seconds and I lose 2 seconds casting HF. But, we all know demon HF BMs are more pursued. I rarely am asked "demon HF?" until we reach the boss or even after the boss is dead but its something people rememeber. Same can be said about lvl 11 rez. Its not something people ask about but if they have the opportunity to be selective and bring a level 11 rez cleric or a level 10 rez cleric who both can otherwise get the healing job done, who do you think they'll pick?

Also, how does faster rezzes or longer ranged rezzes not help a cleric. The same ones in here that are complaining about sins pulling too many mobs and then you having to clear mobs to get to them, or that a barb couldn't tank while you rezzed a sin for 12 seconds (7 seconds to rez then another 5 for bubble to go backup ) without heals. You know how many times I've prevented my own death and own exp loss by rezzing a squad mate and healing the tank before the tank died that I couldn't have done without lvl 11 rez? I'm sorry, thats like saying lvl 10 IH doesn't help you so you're sticking with level 1.

I've also saved alot of time and difficulty in squads with level 11 rez clerics by being able to die repeatedly on purpose. Say 3-3 Emperor wipes you and you're at his feet. "Hey, you got level 11 rez? Cool, then don't heal" Rezzes, walks 5 feet, dies, rezzes walks 5 feet, dies, rezzes, walks 5 feet, dies, rezzes and escapes. Now we can all rebuff together and start at one time. Wouldn't do that with a lvl 10 cleric because 1 death is fine but 3 or 4 isn't worth it. Would just release and take my time walking back wondering why I brought a cleric.

I'm guessing that 15m I spent on demon rez has more than paid for itself in squads I've gotten. Both from me rezzing quick enough to not die (50k rez scroll, 70k GAs), from me not having to walk back saving 5 minutes I can put towards farming elsewhere, and from getting better, faster squads.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ...snip...

I am assuming you are replying to other people but quoting me for expediency. I never said demon res is useless, overall. I just said I never had a need for it to be invited into squads. If having level 10 res makes me a less desirable pick, then that's fine. I understand and would never fault anyone for it. For what it's worth, I've never required any BMs I run with to have demon HF either. At the end of the day, if I get invited into less squads then you, that doesn't bother me in the least. I get my BHs done, and have been invited to plenty of instanced gameplay. That's good enough for me. If anything, I suppose it means less effort for you in distinguishing yourself from me.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Think about demon HF. Its a skill 5x more expensive and really doesn't help the bm at all.

I can't see how's that true. I see BMs spark+HF all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013

In a squad its effective because you start combining debuffs and you're doubling other peoples damage. Demon HF+ amp is 260% damage, and that alone makes your damage greater than not using it. Then someone else can use Mire since you used up your genie to cloud erupt to use HF. But the curse is applied after the channel and so we miss part of our own HF as we cast, as well as giving up 2 seconds of attack time (10 attacks). So when we're on our own, giving up 10 attacks to double our damage really isn't more effective than a decent Tangling Mire.

BMs will argue this, and honestly it probably is slightly in favor of HF+spark being better than spark+TM, but not enough to notice. I've soloed enough TTs to know that I get about the same dd (within 5%) from triple spark+HF as I do from triple spark+TM when I'm alone, but it takes 5 sparks to HF and empties my genie entirely.

And Decus, I was responding to the whole thread in general. I quoted you because I thought you were a proponent of the "Why get level 11 rez when it doesn't help me" attitude which is wrong. As I pointed out, it helps in many situations and probably pays for itself. The reason I specifically quoted you is sure you get squads without it, even the worst clerics in the game get squad (not saying you are one). I quoted you to point out that better squads get to be selective and as a cost:value analysis you'll probably find faster squads that kill you less, are better geared, and earn money quicker by being better geared and having more to offer your squad, like level 11 rez. Basically, its not whether you can get a squad or not, its the quality of the squads that want you.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's a recurring theme in the cleric section. all questions once answered devolve to the same arguments we've had since OB. vit vs pure, lv10res vs lv11 etc
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited January 2013

^ i got mine for free from a friend b:cute, or it would have been one of the last skill i get on my cleri

edit* demon or sage hf help he bm in pvp and pve. o.o' with nw as your primary source to get raps and cannys nowadays, it is very important if bms has demon or sage hf.
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I find Sage Rez useful in TW and pk with the extra couple meters in range. And it was my 2nd Sage skill I learned after Ironheart.
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    Seirina - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love the range on sage rez, I have saged all my skills so I didnt leave out rez, but no one ever asks me if I have it, I just get invited to squads because I'm a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters: Seirina (101 Sage Cleric)
    Server: Dreamweaver
    The Answer to the Universe: 42
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013

Plus they can use it in PvE as well as PvP, Clerics Revive skill cant be used by itself, it has to be used on Other People.
    edited January 2013
    Neither of which benefit the Cleric in question, unless they're reviving someone. Which falls under the category of not benefiting the Cleric in question.

I got by fine with level 10, nobody complained. I wanted to get Demon Revive, but 20m wasn't worth it for a skill that wouldn't benefit me or drastically improve my gameplay.

It's not about the other, I have 2 clerics, one demon and the other sage, on my demon I don't regret it at all, in TW half channeling is really important, not for the other, for myself, but on my sage cleric I regret I bought it, cause the distance don't matter for me, if someone died at 40 meters of me than even if I ress him I won't be able to heal him, go back in time I would not buy it for sage, but will for demon. Once you did had demon ress there's no way you would go back at level 10, I seriously fall asleep when I ress on my sage since it's so long. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Seirina - Dreamweaver
    Seirina - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's not about the other, I have 2 clerics, one demon and the other sage, on my demon I don't regret it at all, in TW half channeling is really important, not for the other, for myself, but on my sage cleric I regret I bought it, cause the distance don't matter for me, if someone died at 40 meters of me than even if I ress him I won't be able to heal him, go back in time I would not buy it for sage, but will for demon. Once you did had demon ress there's no way you would go back at level 10, I seriously fall asleep when I ress on my sage since it's so long. xD

Lol the channel on sage is quite long I agree b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters: Seirina (101 Sage Cleric)
    Server: Dreamweaver
    The Answer to the Universe: 42
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Once you did had demon ress there's no way you would go back at level 10, I seriously fall asleep when I ress on my sage since it's so long. xD

Ikr b:laugh And the short channeling makes it so much easier to get someone up mid fight and go back to healing. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]