edited March 2013
    "you will experience the fun of the modern red hole."

Umm, translate much?

b:chuckle
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20130318/69470.shtml

1. Comprehension 2.0 sounds more like a big expansion (or maybe PWI 2.0) which is set in a whole new world map.

2. The new world in question is dynamic in nature: each and every of your action can change the map, the buildings, the npc's, your battle pet, gameplay, quests, rewards etc... (sounds like 'dynamic events' from you know where... but this might better: dynamic world v/s local dynamic events)

3. It seems that level would not matter anymore: anyone in the comprehension 2.0 will have same level. (no more pwlvl :D)

4. There is a new stats system. No specific detail about it. It only says that there are 4 different new stats and its about developing the spiritual soul and the physical body.

5. New battle pet system, each pet has different personalities, 100's of available skills. Each battle pet will be unique.

6. Server war (might be a major change to nation war to accommodate players from different servers)

7. Google translate the name of the expansion as 'comprehension 2.0', it can also be referred as 'cultivating the truth' or 'developing the true-self' (its more likely it is making a reference to some Chinese-related philosophy on how to be perfect)

8. Release date in China is 2 April. My guess is that it will come to the international servers in 3 to 6 months. We are still expecting panda/ninetails form, new nw map, eu server merge, weapon fashion, tw reset to come along in our own upcoming content update.

b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2013

1. Comprehension 2.0 sounds more like a big expansion (or maybe PWI 2.0) which is set in a whole new world map.

2. The new world in question is dynamic in nature: each and every of your action can change the map, the buildings, the npc's, your battle pet, gameplay, quests, rewards etc... (sounds like 'dynamic events' from you know where... but this might better: dynamic world v/s local dynamic events)

3. It seems that level would not matter anymore: anyone in the comprehension 2.0 will have same level. (no more pwlvl :D)

4. There is a new stats system. No specific detail about it. It only says that there are 4 different new stats and its about developing the spiritual soul and the physical body.

5. New battle pet system, each pet has different personalities, 100's of available skills. Each battle pet will be unique.

6. Server war (might be a major change to nation war to accommodate players from different servers)

7. Google translate the name of the expansion as 'comprehension 2.0', it can also be referred as 'cultivating the truth' or 'developing the true-self' (its more likely it is making a reference to some Chinese-related philosophy on how to be perfect)

8. Release date in China is 2 April. My guess is that it will come to the international servers in 3 to 6 months. We are still expecting panda/ninetails form, new nw map, eu server merge, weapon fashion, tw reset to come along in our own upcoming content update.

I'd say it will come on PWI anniversary LOL. But seems the update its cool and interesting
  • kayeeee
    kayeeee Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sounds pretty interesting although I'm quite confused as well. It does sound like it's a new version of PWI but at the same time it doesn't x.x
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow this sounds like too awesome to be true. Don't fully trust google translate to get too excited about this so..

*patiently waits for someone with chinese comprehension to translate*
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Doesnt seem to have been mentioned yet - just a lot of stuff about Barbs and Venos.

Barbs need something, since they haven't quite recovered from the release of Caster's Nirvana yet.

Anything for Mystics?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Gee, that sounds a lot like a certain other game that just got released last summer.b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Google translate better not be lying again...

I know what I am doing April 2nd. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From what I read on that Chinese link(using Google Translate), it seems to me that:

1) they are opening a new "instant-max lvl" server. The new server will NOT affect the normal gameplay of current PWI. You will be able to instantly make a new account/character there if you are atleast lvl 40+ and Aware of harmony on your character in pwi. If I read it right, you will get high lvl character and high lvl gold gear instantly for free on the new server if you meet the requirements.

2)Coming back to the current pwi servers, there will be a 24/7 active pvp instance(similar to NW) you can enter to fight against players of different servers. Also there will be 2 new map layouts for TWs, besides the current TW map.

3) The current original pw map will be getting extended with new areas to travel. Also if seems after stealing too many concepts already from the biggest MMORPG game of all time which has a monthly subscription, PWI will yet again have another interesting concept of player interaction with NPC factions. Im not sure, but it does seem like players will now be able to gain favour with specific npcs throughout the world starting with the Qing Emperor's envoys that will be introduced in the next major expansion. The players will thus will be able to buy pots/gear/stuff for cheap than regular prices/repairs might cost less than usual if you hold enough favour, etc.
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I hope someone can confirm this
    I might be black
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is an April fool joke.
    Gotta hand it to the Chinese lololool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013

XD I forgot it's almost April.
    I might be black
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Indeed, I noted that when I saw the date a second time earlier today.

But wasn't sure is April's Fool was an international fun day or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, it is pretty obvious by the fact that it takes quite a few hitting on a decent barb...just to tick his charm. Barbs should be right up front of the line with wizards and archers ready for a big fat nerf stick.

I think Seekers would be up front, ijs b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013

OMG... this had BETTER be a separate game, because I like PWI how it is, and if they make me lose my gear, character, level, or change the game in a matter such as this in general, I swear I'll beat the Chinese people who made this with a nerf stick b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    OMG... this had BETTER be a separate game, because I like PWI how it is, and if they make me lose my gear, character, level, or change the game in a matter such as this in general, I swear I'll beat the Chinese people who made this with a nerf stick b:angry

look at the release date in China XD
    I might be black
  • w34kd0g
    w34kd0g Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bolocactu wrote: »

If it's a joke why didn't they pick April 1st as release date
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    w34kd0g wrote: »
    If it's a joke why didn't they pick April 1st as release date

because you touch yourself at night
    I might be black
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) We are in March not April
    2) April Fools is on April 1st not April 2nd
    3) April Fools is a western tradition not chinese
    4) The news post isn't even funny.

Who would think it's a joke?
    From what I read on that Chinese link(using Google Translate), it seems to me that:

1) they are opening a new "instant-max lvl" server. The new server will NOT affect the normal gameplay of current PWI. You will be able to instantly make a new account/character there if you are atleast lvl 40+ and Aware of harmony on your character in pwi. If I read it right, you will get high lvl character and high lvl gold gear instantly for free on the new server if you meet the requirements.

2)Coming back to the current pwi servers, there will be a 24/7 active pvp instance(similar to NW) you can enter to fight against players of different servers. Also there will be 2 new map layouts for TWs, besides the current TW map.

3) The current original pw map will be getting extended with new areas to travel. Also if seems after stealing too many concepts already from the biggest MMORPG game of all time which has a monthly subscription, PWI will yet again have another interesting concept of player interaction with NPC factions. Im not sure, but it does seem like players will now be able to gain favour with specific npcs throughout the world starting with the Qing Emperor's envoys that will be introduced in the next major expansion. The players will thus will be able to buy pots/gear/stuff for cheap than regular prices/repairs might cost less than usual if you hold enough favour, etc.

Thanks for this. Interesting stuff.
    Sweetiebot award 9 points to Kwandelan - Heavens Tear for his translation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    1) We are in March not April
    2) April Fools is on April 1st not April 2nd
    3) April Fools is a western tradition not chinese
    4) The news post isn't even funny.

Who would think it's a joke?

Why don't you? Ask anyone else. Why you gotta call me out? I'm not the first one to even say it was a joke. Why you got something against me? Q_Qb:cryb:cryb:angryb:cryb:surrender
    I might be black
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot award 9 points to Kwandelan - Heavens Tear for his translation
    Asterelle - Sanctuary awards 9 points to Kwandelan - Heavens Tear!
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear now has a total of 9 points and is in 30th place.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Asterelle - Sanctuary awards 9 points to Kwandelan - Heavens Tear!
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear now has a total of 9 points and is in 30th place.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.

k........
    I might be black
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    bolocactu wrote: »

Yeah but, this is a NEW game right? I'm serious, I don't think this game needs this kind of change. Or at least give us the option to opt out of this rubbish China is coming out with, and continue to play the game we love. Kind of like another game, which brought back their old school servers. Two different games, just under the same title. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Yeah but, this is a NEW game right? I'm serious, I don't think this game needs this kind of change. Or at least give us the option to opt out of this rubbish China is coming out with, and continue to play the game we love. Kind of like another game, which brought back their old school servers. b:chuckle

I don't even know if we can trust google translate.
    I might be black
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    True, this is something that the GMs and Devs need to personally address, and soon. Because I'm about to start getting r9, and with cash. I won't do so until I know my investment isn't going to be for nothing within the next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wait, wait, wait...A new server that instantly gives you high level stuff? o.o;;
    Ummm....that almost sounds like a private server...No thanks...What's the point of playing that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    True, this is something that the GMs and Devs need to personally address, and soon. Because I'm about to start getting r9, and with cash. I won't do so until I know my investment isn't going to be for nothing within the next year.

GM will not tell you do don't get R9 for future, they won't say something that will make people stop spend money in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    GM will not tell you do don't get R9 for future, they won't say something that will make people stop spend money in the game.

Why are you mean to everyone? Q_Qb:cry
    I might be black
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013

That's just treachery and deceit, and will make them lose an even BIGGER player base. Lying to the people that pay your bills is a bad idea. It's called biting the hand that feeds you, and we have every right to know if our RL money is going to be for nothing. Instead, a more appropriate way for them to handle this is to be honest, and tell us. Give us something to look forward to in this new game, something to keep us interested. Look at console games that give you DLC in between in game releases for a particular series. Something like this would help keep at least SOME of their player base, instead of causing us to mistrust them. Keeping the people happy should be of the UTMOST importance to them in a scenario like this.

PWI isn't well known enough to be able to afford to lose the amount of people that will likely go elsewhere if they follow a deceitful course. They don't have commercials on TV like some of the more well known MMOs, only YouTube vids that advertise to already established players, maybe picking up a few new people. The only TRUE advertising that PWI gets is by word of mouth, and if I tell my buddies that this game company kept a replacement game under wraps until after I spent $1000 or more for end game gear, and then I lost it, do you think my buddies would play a game made by PWE? Likely not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    That's just treachery and deceit, and will make them lose an even BIGGER player base. Lying to the people that pay your bills is a bad idea. It's called biting the hand that feeds you, and we have every right to know if our RL money is going to be for nothing. Instead, a more appropriate way for them to handle this is to be honest, and tell us. Give us something to look forward to in this new game, something to keep us interested. Look at console games that give you DLC in between in game releases for a particular series. Something like this would help keep at least SOME of their player base, instead of causing us to mistrust them. Keeping the people happy should be of the UTMOST importance to them in a scenario like this.

PWI isn't well known enough to be able to afford to lose the amount of people that will likely go elsewhere if they follow a deceitful course. They don't have commercials on TV like some of the more well known MMOs, only YouTube vids that advertise to already established players, maybe picking up a few new people. The only TRUE advertising that PWI gets is by word of mouth, and if I tell my buddies that this game company kept a replacement game under wraps until after I spent $1000 or more for end game gear, and then I lost it, do you think my buddies would play a game made by PWE? Likely not.

I'm sorry to say this but this is PWI what do you expect. This game has almost no respect for it's player base. The only reason they might try to appeal to us is if they are losing money due to players leaving because they realize how broken this game is. All they care about is our money and that's it.
    I might be black
This discussion has been closed.