[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 12-11-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• ZulaBeeBad - Momaganon
    ZulaBeeBad - Momaganon Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What happened to basic good old fashioned Swords and Wizardry. PWI has gotten so off base with what we used to be. Everything has to be FLASHY and SHINY and all this Bright Shiny **** is lagging us worse. Now spells and attacks have so much graphical looks to them its ridiculous. If we are gonna go with NEW and Some OLD then at least break out something more like Modern Lord of the Rings and D&D type stuff with, some new age technology of Star Trek - Star Wars like stuff.
  • EleganceSong - Raging Tide
    EleganceSong - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just got a new laptop and it came with windows 8. I keep getting disconnected every 5 minutes or so if I am active in it. b:sad I notice that the download says its compatible up to windows 7 :x if thats the problem when would it be compatible with 8?? If not anyone have any solutions??? b:surrender
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Show: DR WHO,

Items.
    Sonic Screwdriver, (After he programmed for wood. lol).
    K9 the robot dog, (Battle pet for Veno's)
    T.A.R.D.I.S. (Save alot of teleport fees. lol)
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Aliens and Predator. Who wouldn't want the ability to bust out of other peoples chests lol. Also would give sins in stealth a bit of fun to see three red spots on their chest before they explode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    christianity

No no no we dont need to set the evolution of pwi back 1000 years
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Final Fantasy with the limit break system, a different one for each class
  • garwaf
    garwaf Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I love PWI and have played it for 4 yrs.
    I would definetely like for NPCs to make sounds, they seem like statues-robots that move a lil so definetely stories that feel more "alive" I would also make the evironment more alive like for example if by walking a box fell out of place but then reapeared or that by moving around grass it moved when char passed by... I know I am totally asking for too much but imagine the graphic quality of a ps3 fantasy game in here!? that would be mind blowin. Just more details. And perhaps being able to change into an animal? for example if u buy "the dragon active vest" u get an extra skill that turns the player into a dragon (keeping same skills just changing looks) I know LOTS of players would feel hapy about that :D b:dirtyb:victoryb:pleased
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    garwaf wrote: »
    I love PWI and have played it for 4 yrs.
    I would definetely like for NPCs to make sounds, they seem like statues-robots that move a lil so definetely stories that feel more "alive" I would also make the evironment more alive like for example if by walking a box fell out of place but then reapeared or that by moving around grass it moved when char passed by... I know I am totally asking for too much but imagine the graphic quality of a ps3 fantasy game in here!? that would be mind blowin. Just more details. And perhaps being able to change into an animal? for example if u buy "the dragon active vest" u get an extra skill that turns the player into a dragon (keeping same skills just changing looks) I know LOTS of players would feel hapy about that :D b:dirtyb:victoryb:pleased

Not going to happen, also there is the new turtle quest the rewards the telepathy charm for constant turtle transformations

4 Year player, first forum post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • garwaf
    garwaf Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yeap, on this account. Turtles aren that fun to turn into
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    garwaf wrote: »
    yeap, on this account. Turtles aren that fun to turn into

b:angryb:angryb:angry

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, TURTLES ARE AWESOME!
    When I was a little kid, in like 1st grade, we wrote a short paragraph on what we want to be when we grow up. I wanted to be a turtle!
    HOW DARE YOU INSULT TURTLES
    b:infuriatedb:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Mk II sentry drones with cov-ops cloaking, and my alt will be using Noctis with Mk II tractor beam and salvage drones.

Yeah, I know, wrong game....b:sad
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't mean to pee in anyones cereal, but.. isn't mentioning any other games on the forums a no-no? b:embarrass
  • Juggarjew - Harshlands
    Juggarjew - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about we just stop stealing other games ideasb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Initial post by Hey You allows it!

but some of the ideas mentioned already have their own mmo rivalry games
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you can not speak any other Game name on this forum..... its in the CoC. and the admins that allow it to happen should be ashamed
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't mean to pee in anyones cereal, but.. isn't mentioning any other games on the forums a no-no? b:embarrass

For at least the sake of this thread, it's all good ^_^

- Hey, You!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you can not speak any other Game name on this forum..... its in the CoC. and the admins that allow it to happen should be ashamed

you can not say "its in the CoC"
    its against the ToS

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would ask for repairs to the errors added during the last expansion but I realize that would be in vain. Hopes that PWE would actually be interested in the memory leaks or quest errors would be useless since they are not sold in the boutique. I would ask that they actually had GMs to monitor what happens in world chat except I realize that fact that world chat can be more risque than a triple X rated movie does not interest them either.
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would have to choose to take the materia from final fantasy and use it. I mean what would be more awesome than summoning Bahamut in the middle of NW? b:laughb:laugh
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear
    _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Final Fantasy....so much potential

+1 x1000

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, Final Fantasy XI.
    Venomancer 100: _Wesa_ - Semi-Active - Faction Leader: Jerusalem
    Cleric 100: LilyKatt - Retired/Deleted. All storage Characters: Deleted
    On Facebook: Manny's Menagerie
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Portal Gun from Portal 2 so i could become a teleporting barb or just plain teleport ppl from where theyre standing to a random portal set up in a hole somewhere in the map just to see their reactions :3
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Birthday maintenance for Kritty!b:victory

Got a PSVita for my birthday, couldn't be happier!b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Personally I'd go for something like Aliens or the Walking Dead, but I think the Alice in Wonderland universe would probably be the better fit in objective terms... Just not in the vein of the lame Burton film...

Edit; Oh and grats KrittyCat.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Star Trek, or StarGate - new worlds and maps to explore.
  • memworld
    memworld Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Either Asheron's Call or the original Everquest.

AC had a bunch of different spells at your disposal. And though it would drive you a little nuts having to carry mats to cast different spells, it kept you in place.

EQ had some really cool utility spells. Nothing cooler than casting Levitate and walking over mobs heads.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its probably been said but 'Green Lantern' for sure - just make whatever you want in the middle of a fight.
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited December 2012
    For me this question is easy; it's true.
    My pick is Avatar!
    (not the movie; sub-par)
    Or people who are blue.
    (that was bad too)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ^-h'ohmygosh, EQ, yes. <3 Adored that game/the game that got me into this sort of genre. I watched parents play it xD

Ooh yes, happy birthday, Kritty~
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PrincessInge - Heavens Tear
    PrincessInge - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Harry Potter

HE MAGICAL WITH HIS MAGIC SPELLS

IT WOULD BE INTERESTING