• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    last nw here, 3rd nation, 11k credits, 169 tokens

second to last nw, 1st nation, 10k credits 151 tokens

dafq b:surrender

thats weird indeed b:surprised

But it is possible the #1-3 nation were close together so the difference was not much, just a wild guess ..........
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've only been able to attend one nw so far. I ended up base locked on the losing side. Out of the few battles i attended i got relatively high contribution.

280 people per nation 64k pot of tokens

1st battle i was in lasted aroudn 15minutes and i ended up 3rd and got 1500 contribution victory. i think i maybe got 3 kills, the rest was me just dding and tanking damage.
    2nd battle lasted around 8minutes ended up 3rd again and got 1200 contribution. it was a loss.
    after that i was landlocked in for quite a while and was only able to attend a few more battles for maybe 30secs per battle. after all was said and done i ended up with 38 tokens and only 3k contribution.

Your contribution does seem low gecko. Maybe the rankings are by class in each nw? In the two battles i was in i know that there were 4-5 mages in each one. If they are by class you could place high in archers but have other classes doing better then you. aka 3rd place archer in battle but 8th place total score for battle. so less contribution then actual 3rd.

This is all speculation on my part, waiting on aster to math this stuff out once we provide more data
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've only been able to attend one nw so far. I ended up base locked on the losing side. Out of the few battles i attended i got relatively high contribution.

280 people per nation 64k pot of tokens

1st battle i was in lasted aroudn 15minutes and i ended up 3rd and got 1500 contribution victory. i think i maybe got 3 kills, the rest was me just dding and tanking damage.
    2nd battle lasted around 8minutes ended up 3rd again and got 1200 contribution. it was a loss.
    after that i was landlocked in for quite a while and was only able to attend a few more battles for maybe 30secs per battle. after all was said and done i ended up with 38 tokens and only 3k contribution.

Your contribution does seem low gecko. Maybe the rankings are by class in each nw? In the two battles i was in i know that there were 4-5 mages in each one. If they are by class you could place high in archers but have other classes doing better then you. aka 3rd place archer in battle but 8th place total score for battle. so less contribution then actual 3rd.

This is all speculation on my part, waiting on aster to math this stuff out once we provide more data

Past few Nation wars were high in rewards due to some reason:

1. people were low geared(Being a few NW's and people popping up with G16 suddenly, becoming the average gear). This will be the big factor. More people surviving and killing more=less reward from the previous people who were dominating others. More for the ones who were lower geared before NW came.

2. No alt's. While we may have increase in alt's this will remain a small factor VS ^^ above this.

3. Ranged classes/+10 or +12 sins(As I've noticed, 10k+ HP sins get a decent amount and don't go down easily)will dominate all the time. If your playing a BM or seeker you'll be doomed to get lower rewards anyway unless your +10 or +12 but you'll still be at a disadvantage as everyone is becoming equally geared G16 standards minimum, some aiming for R9.

Proof of this is every NW the red rumors spam 24/7 with non stop nirvana gear and weapons.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I already knew the amount of tokens you recieve at the end could vary, but still, im confused to how it was rewarding me little to no personal credits per battle. Past few weeks ive been base locked and been getting 9k, ended up with like 150 tokens in a losing nation, Yesterday in winning, constant fighting, dealing massive damage, taking massage damage but staying alive (I love running into their mass, iging, and killing 4-5 before aclaritying away). I was getting far more kills then normal, almost all of them lv 100s, and primarily shooting at r9 targets instead of lower geared. I honestly dont know a way it couldve calculated my credit to be so low
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

3. Ranged classes/+10 or +12 sins(As I've noticed, 10k+ HP sins get a decent amount and don't go down easily)will dominate all the time. If your playing a BM or seeker you'll be doomed to get lower rewards anyway unless your +10 or +12 but you'll still be at a disadvantage as everyone is becoming equally geared G16 standards minimum, some aiming for R9.

Proof of this is every NW the red rumors spam 24/7 with non stop nirvana gear and weapons.

Psssh... you're underrating Seekers pretty heavily (yeah... they're a also a ranged aoe class that can soak up damage which increases personal contrib) in NWs here... and over rating Sins just as much too. They are plenty 10K+ HP Sins running around in NWs. But with like 99% of them still wearing squishy and out dated aps gear (sharded with DoTs to boot too... lol), 10K HP isn't going to save them from a one shot by nearly every other G16 out there.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I already knew the amount of tokens you recieve at the end could vary, but still, im confused to how it was rewarding me little to no personal credits per battle. Past few weeks ive been base locked and been getting 9k, ended up with like 150 tokens in a losing nation, Yesterday in winning, constant fighting, dealing massive damage, taking massage damage but staying alive (I love running into their mass, iging, and killing 4-5 before aclaritying away). I was getting far more kills then normal, almost all of them lv 100s, and primarily shooting at r9 targets instead of lower geared. I honestly dont know a way it couldve calculated my credit to be so low

The reason for getting little amount of credits per battle is because everybody else is doing better than you in some way or another. If there were 20 people on your side, the credits will be divided into the 20 people based on ranking. Maximum credits per battle is around 24750 (highest that i have seen). while rank 1 gets close to 2.8k points, rank 20 will get like 500 credits. Maybe you are entering a few min late into every battle... maybe people on your side are getting more kills than you now... maybe previously, people were doing worse than you. But whatever is the reason, if you want to get a bigger share of the cake, you have to work your way up the rankings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The reason for getting little amount of credits per battle is because everybody else is doing better than you in some way or another. If there were 20 people on your side, the credits will be divided into the 20 people based on ranking. Maximum credits per battle is around 24750 (highest that i have seen). while rank 1 gets close to 2.8k points, rank 20 will get like 500 credits. Maybe you are entering a few min late into every battle... maybe people on your side are getting more kills than you now... maybe previously, people were doing worse than you. But whatever is the reason, if you want to get a bigger share of the cake, you have to work your way up the rankings.

as i already stated, was never lower then rank 4, normally 2-3
    this was not the case
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've noticed that the amount of tokens fluctuates with:

1. The total number of people in the war
    2. How well you personally do
    3. How well your nation does

I do not think contribution was cut in half b/c I still got 19k contribution last night and even though our nation won (GO FLAME) I only got an average amount of tokens for me. I think it was due to the fact that there were something like 26k tokens awarded to our region and probably something like 300 people splitting that pot. The first week the number of people in my region was only around 200 people so there were a lot more tokens per person that week.

Also... One of the big changes from week 1 is that the average person has way better gear already. This levels out the number of tokens a bit and the R9 well refined people are getting fewer tokens b/c the previously TT-99 (now S2-S3 Nirvy) people have stepped up and are grabbing more of a share.

Edit: We also noticed that the max credits you can get per battle is 3,000 as our top player got that exactly. Can anyone verify that?
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    as i already stated, was never lower then rank 4, normally 2-3
    this was not the case

You will have to screenshot those. or at least provide the 3 basic piece of data together: rank, personal credits, total credits per battle.

Assuming you are rank 2 or 3, among 20, you should be getting close 2k or more in a full battle (assuming total credits to be distributed: 24750).

I'm petty sure that the math system hasn't changed in the past free nw. The data that I've collected from myself and others have been more or less consistent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Edit: We also noticed that the max credits you can get per battle is 3,000 as our top player got that exactly. Can anyone verify that?

I have also 3k'ed out exactly last weekend - this may be the maximum or just coincidence. I literally blew a full silver charm + that battle, personal kills over 30, BT'ed/AoEd lots of groups, never died, carried 1 flag, I think almost 20 minute fight and we won.

I haven't heard of more - most of the time high scorers are in the 2500 to just under 3k area.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've noticed I seem to get fewer credits for doing better.

Assume 20v20 scenarios.

I get one kill in, and I'm maybe in that battleground for 8 minutes before I've died too many times and get booted out. (not sure if won or lost)

650 points

I get 3 kills and I'm there for the full 20 minutes AND we win the battle.

350 points

So confusing b:surrender
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    friday losing nation 240 tokens
    sunday winning nation 142 tokens

wtfack D: QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    From all the posts I've read, it is possible that the NW reward system can be based on a similar algorithm with the Tiger event.

Seeing how an archer score so high in kills and points getting less than a barb who doesn't have as many kills can mean the reward system is also class rank dependent when reward is given out. I know on all servers, there are more r9 archers than any other r9 classes since that is one of the best class choice for mass pvp. In one night that I didn't get as many tokens as I expected based on past scores, I had noticed that same night had a **** load of seekers I had to compete with too. This fact also supports this theory.

I haven't done NW for the past few weeks, but for the times I have done them, I often placed 1st and 2nd in every battle, but never less even considering I was over powered and outnumbered at some times. It is possible that the ranking is based on how well you score against a set number in the system to determine how much points is given to you, and not a rank comparison between players. Like with the game I am playing now, in events, everyone can get 1st, 2nd or 3rd placed and that will determine their reward value. There was this one time I entered a battle and I didn't find anyone to kill, but still end up being 1st - which was really weird.

Since even Asty is still stomped on figuring out the scoring sense in her recording, it just means that randomness in token distribution can also be a factor. Similar to the random points you get in the Tiger Event.
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Y'all aren't getting 1/2 tokens.

The have nots are now geared up with T3 gear and NOW doing more damage. As they contribute more and more to battles, the top guys in the past, are being diminished based on the have nots contribution.

Also, people playing alts, are learning to do a tad bit more during NW's so they can reap tokens from both toons. thereby taking YOUR tokens as well.

As the game matures, Third cast r9 will dominate the token totals, and the rest will split more evenly due to a more equal gearing of toons.

First couple of weeks, my own faction mates who were poorly geared were getting few or no tokens at all. Now that they are geared in T3, they are getting tokens, and each week, their totals are increasing. While mine, being full r9, are going down. Even when I get more contribution points, my tokens are not equal to weeks past.

That is just life. Distribution of tokens will become more and more even in the next couple of months.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I don't think you guys are realizing that there are likely many considerations factoring in on scores. It may not just be the number of kills but the quality of your targets. It may not just be the damage you deal but how much you take. It may just not be debuffing your oponets but buffing your allies as well. We are not yet at the point of truly understanding the scoring system, so that empyrical experience for the time being is probably being tainted by observation bias.

Until we actually get some hard data this is all a matter of speculation.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Also remember that the amount of contribution you get is based on the total amount of soulforce of the opposing side, this could explain why you were getting lower points even when placing in the top 3 for the battle. Fighting battles against lower geared opponents will net less contribution than being in a battles full of r9 +10/12 even if you were to come 1st place in each of those situations.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Also remember that the amount of contribution you get is based on the total amount of soulforce of the opposing side, this could explain why you were getting lower points even when placing in the top 3 for the battle. Fighting battles against lower geared opponents will net less contribution than being in a battles full of r9 +10/12 even if you were to come 1st place in each of those situations.

Anyway to back this up? I've noticed the more lands you have the better the total tokens given to your nation. Or perhaps the total amount of victories/loses for your nation.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Anyway to back this up? I've noticed the more lands you have the better the total tokens given to your nation. Or perhaps the total amount of victories/loses for your nation.

I am at work so can't be bothered to search for the post but someone translated the way you can get points in a battle, it mostly comes down to damage dealt, damage taken, damage healed, time spent on battle field, whether you nation wins the battle, and is also effected by the total soulfore of the opposing player (and a few others things I can't recall).

People are still trying to figure out the formula for determining how points are allocated and I am as much up in the air but the above does sound right based on my experience.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    All these possibilities as to why, are stating exactly what i didnt do. I go for the r9s, because other people cant. I get loads of kills, take loads of damage but live, rank high in every battle. Im used to getting like 1600-1800 in long battles from past weeks, but this week every long battle, i still ranked the same, and i got 600-800 instead. i honestly cant see a reason why based off of the scoring system that i would get that much less for same-better performance in the winning nation.

Hey You, can you find us out the exact scoring calculation system? would help tons of usb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've noticed I seem to get fewer credits for doing better.

Assume 20v20 scenarios.

I get one kill in, and I'm maybe in that battleground for 8 minutes before I've died too many times and get booted out. (not sure if won or lost)

650 points

I get 3 kills and I'm there for the full 20 minutes AND we win the battle.

350 points

So confusing b:surrender

Don't forget that in a 20 minutes wars people die more than 6 times get boot and other enter to replace them, so example a war give a amount of points (example 20k points), if you are there and beat them in 10 minutes without people of your side be kick that's 10 people, but if it's a war of 20 minutes and let's say 10 people get boot and 10 new people enter it's 20 people to get points.

I don't know if a battle have a total of points that is distribute on the amount of players that was in the war, but if so in the long wars since people get boot and other come that could explain why less points than a war half shorter, but no one kick out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    that actually makes sense. I mean i got into one battle which i found out was against my factions squad. so i left after taking some damage and went back to base. once the battle ended i got i think 400 contribution. so in longer battles people max out on deaths get booted and then you may end up spliting your battles contribution among 30 people instead of 20. Did you take much notice of who your allies were during the battles?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Don't forget that in a 20 minutes wars people die more than 6 times get boot and other enter to replace them, so example a war give a amount of points (example 20k points), if you are there and beat them in 10 minutes without people of your side be kick that's 10 people, but if it's a war of 20 minutes and let's say 10 people get boot and 10 new people enter it's 20 people to get points.

I don't know if a battle have a total of points that is distribute on the amount of players that was in the war, but if so in the long wars since people get boot and other come that could explain why less points than a war half shorter, but no one kick out.

That might be part of reason why, but still doesnt explain why other people in same battles who did worse then me got more credit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    b:surrender Must of got Gecko's tokens as i got 88 and never got more than 40 before...
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    b:surrender Must of got Gecko's tokens as i got 88 and never got more than 40 before...

It was you!!!!

well at least it went to a friend b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Options
    That might be part of reason why, but still doesnt explain why other people in same battles who did worse then me got more credit

Perhaps you entered too many battles where too many people got booted as new ones came in so they got a share of that battle, draining your normal amount. Hence your low amount.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I heard a rumor that low levels (as in below 100) and poorly geared players netting next to no kills were actually getting more tokens than lv100+ r9 players.

There could be 2 explanations for this.

1. PW might have implemented a "balancing" system, buffing your score if you are equipped with lower grade gear, dying a lot, lower level, ect. Or reducing your score if you have an excess of g16 gear or a very high level, ect.

2. Contribution might be class based and everyone might be going in on archers more since it's a strong PvP class. This results in a lot more competition for score compared to other under used classes.

I agree something might be changed from reading the OP. I spent most of NW getting one shot by r9 psy's and mystics and aps'ing everything like I was PvE cause my axes are rubbish. Ended up with 120 ish tokens and my nation came second last. I got 2500 credits in just one battle even after getting booted for 6 deaths. O.o
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    shut this spawn killers thread down,,,shut it,shut it down!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I heard a rumor that low levels (as in below 100) and poorly geared players netting next to no kills were actually getting more tokens than lv100+ r9 players.

It's true sometime, a low level in the wining nation can get more tokens than a R9 in the losing faction sometime. I think the winning faction and losing nation make a huge difference on the amount of tokens more than the personal credit or level/gears.

On the same nation thought I don't think a low level ungeared will get more than a high level geared, but from 2 different nation could be possible if the low is lucky and are in the winning one and not the R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    It's true sometime, a low level in the wining nation can get more tokens than a R9 in the losing faction sometime. I think the winning faction and losing nation make a huge difference on the amount of tokens more than the personal credit or level/gears.

On the same nation thought I don't think a low level ungeared will get more than a high level geared, but from 2 different nation could be possible if the low is lucky and are in the winning one and not the R9.

I meant as in players in the same squad mentioning this (same nation). However, rumours are rumours so I have no idea how true this one is.

I'm fairly tokens are divided evenly depending on your nations percentage of map credits. So if your nation has 30% of the total map credits between the 4 nations, your nation gets 30% of the total tokens.
  • Verolina - Harshlands
    Verolina - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You said you played better than usual, maybe others did too, I'm always in the same squad of ten since the start of NW and we are never at the same '''rank'' btw us, sometime I have more than one person and the next NW the person have more,

The way you speak you wasn't playing as usual, maybe for your class that wasn't a good playstyle, next NW try the same way than before.

**** like this is why NW is completely unbalanced. All the extreme CSers can end up in a few squads and control which nation wins the fight. NW should be COMPLETELY random. So far, its been a great event, and a fix like that would possibly make it the best update many of us have seen in awhile.