Harshlands/RT crash.

Options

Comments

• HeartlHunteR - Harshlands
    HeartlHunteR - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    IMO 300 supply tokens its quite too much, we the affected people should get around 100 tokens in compensation for this occurrence, this might be little to low for somes, little too much for others but i think its fair, what its not fair its letting some peoples gettin ridiculous ammount of cash IG and let the others get screwed up by just getting a "this wont happen again". You can do it, its not something imposible, just the right thing. I know its not GMs fault, but wasnt our fault neither and we are the one wasted their times, and the ones that are affected by it.
  • Mythbreaker - Harshlands
    Mythbreaker - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Compensation compensation compensation...everyone sounds like whining, snivelling brats.

Every hiccup, server crash, freeze, longer than normal maintenance....compensation. Me me me. Grow the eff up already.

So you think its fair 1/4 of the server just got 250 mil+ for doing nothing?
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Or that it's fair to spend loads of coins/rl cash on charms pots repairs etc to get nothing in return? Trolololol somewhere else please...
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Coins are just pixels and computer code. So what.

As for spending real life money for charms etc, again so what. We all go through them doing anything in the game, like hot wings and beer goes through a drunk. It's not like when the game is said and done you get real money back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    How about a NationWar Rollback b:bye ... I think the only fair thing to do is to rematch it. Nuff said Lets do it GM's REMATCH THIS WAR server rollback and war-rematch before maintanence GO GO b:angry

I honestly think its the only fair thing to do. I know people are scared to hear it or see it .. but in similar circumstances in the past it was the only fair thing done by GM's in glitched scenarios. So let it be done here so that all resulting funds due to the glitch are also rolled back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • XxSnoopDawg - Harshlands
    XxSnoopDawg - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Give everyone that wasn't in Frost 300 tokens. b:dirty
    Oh please. There were so many in Frost that didnt get anything, so dont even start. :P
  • kyndjiall
    kyndjiall Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    from 100+ tokens to 34 QQ I demand reparations! b:cry
  • destinylynne
    destinylynne Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Now that I had time to think about it I think the best thing that should have been done is take the totals from where the crash started and award based on that. After that crash way too many people were not able to get on and this allowed for undefended areas. I didn't get very much out of it less then I normally get however to be fair awards should be determined with the scores starting at the crash and nothing afterwards.
  • FoosYu - Harshlands
    FoosYu - Harshlands Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    why is everyone bashing on _Althea_? you guys must really be bored b:chuckle

I don't think it should be much of a "compensate me NOW!" because if anything, we should be compensating the Ca$h $hopper$ because they're making PWI free to play b:thanks
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    How about a NationWar Rollback b:bye ... I think the only fair thing to do is to rematch it. Nuff said Lets do it GM's REMATCH THIS WAR server rollback and war-rematch before maintanence GO GO b:angry

I honestly think its the only fair thing to do. I know people are scared to hear it or see it .. but in similar circumstances in the past it was the only fair thing done by GM's in glitched scenarios. So let it be done here so that all resulting funds due to the glitch are also rolled back.

Oh and here is a video from my perspective on the events :

http://tinyurl.com/NationDC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Some people lied to you or you say that without know, I was in frost and didn't get 250m and I know other people in frost that didn't got that.
    Now that I had time to think about it I think the best thing that should have been done is take the totals from where the crash started and award based on that. After that crash way too many people were not able to get on and this allowed for undefended areas. I didn't get very much out of it less then I normally get however to be fair awards should be determined with the scores starting at the crash and nothing afterwards.

Yea ofc all frost was able to log and attack but not the 3 other nations, frost got kick out too ijs. My squad and I was stuck for 30 minutes too unable to go in a war, as the rest of my nation, all nation was stuck not just you.

It's just one time, that happen some week that I don't even got 50 tokens do I come cry here to GM to send me 100 tokens compensation cause my nation sucked? No I deal with it and hope that next week I'll be in a better nation.

You think everyone got 500 tokens in frost while it's not the case, I know some people that got 200 and less, and I know some people of the other nations that got 100+ tokens.

Edit: I just watch some part of Synth video and before the crash you can see that Frost is winning and have almost double credit than light that was third place. Plus in the video people in his squad get more than 50 tokens and in his gc people say 100+ so seriously it's not all that got nothing or 30 tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Leoninidas - Harshlands
    Leoninidas - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I was in flame and not at all just be all NW and step with an acceptable amount of credits to me 0 tokens.b:angry
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    picolo08 wrote: »
    OMFG did anyone notice how the only ppl seriously complaining and typing are the ones so cool in game. Verdya and Irca, wanna be cool ig, never saying nothing, never commenting, but DAUMN, 3000 posts just by them on this 1 thread..jesus cristus. Get a grip of urself. Yes we got stuff to complain about, but you dragging ur issues to forum and pouring ur soul out onhere is kinda idiotic. WE GOT YOU HAVE AP ROBLEM WITH NATION WARS. No need to post 100 posts nagging about this and that. No wonder i NEVER want to come around on this forum. Excuze me, i could express myself alot drtyer about them ppl...but nah, i'll drop it. If you got a problem to comaplin about send a ticket, don't whine ohere. Half of the posts are same 2 ppl whinning and nagging. *HORRIBLE*

Need an attention much? Go hugg ur hubby that is sitting next to you as u said on one of your posts. Damn i wish for a block button on forums also.

engrish plz? and lol at you for thinking there is such thing as "cool" people in a game. Anyway...back on topic.

I don't want any type of monetary or token compensation. I just want a detailed explanation of what actually happened and why it happened. I also want an official guarantee that it will not happen again. If possible it would be niceto have a "redo" on a different night for the majority of the participants that were not able to....well, participate.
    Some people lied to you or you say that without know, I was in frost and didn't get 250m and I know other people in frost that didn't got that.

Yea ofc all frost was able to log and attack but not the 3 other nations, frost got kick out too ijs. My squad and I was stuck for 30 minutes too unable to go in a war, as the rest of my nation, all nation was stuck not just you.

It's just one time, that happen some week that I don't even got 50 tokens do I come cry here to GM to send me 100 tokens compensation cause my nation sucked? No I deal with it and hope that next week I'll be in a better nation.

You think everyone got 500 tokens in frost while it's not the case, I know some people that got 200 and less, and I know some people of the other nations that got 100+ tokens.

Edit: I just watch some part of Synth video and before the crash you can see that Frost is winning and have almost double credit than light that was third place. Plus in the video people in his squad get more than 50 tokens and in his gc people say 100+ so seriously it's not all that got nothing or 30 tokens.

Also...my husband was in light, I was in Frost. I could not war after the crash and he was able to for at least an hour longer than me. It was not just frost that had their few people able to participate. You are absolutely right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Oh and here is a video from my perspective on the events :

http://tinyurl.com/NationDC

Nice vid

Off subject but the fact that you invited your faction in the same bf's is part of the problem with balancing issue for the nw. To be truely equal your 9 man squad should have been split 4 ways with the 9th going to a random nation.

Rematch I wouldn't mind. I am normally anti pk but I really enjoy the capture flag in this and was in light for this particular war... I know I even pop on your screen a few times in that video.

I think I walked away with 30 tokens that night... less than what I normally get but all things considered wasn't to bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    still waiting on an official response other than mods (thank you guys for trying!!!). Where is our response now that it has been over 24 hours later?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    u ain't gonna find it...at least not that soon....maybe in a few weeks....and by the way this topic is compiling every nw crash thread....i think is harder even to read and make a general opinion on what action to take (same as it was with the xxxx number of page thread about nw that had so many random ideas because of the compiling...sure it reduced the flame but made alot of nonsense to the original thread)

i hope u really get your answer b:cute
  • Verolina - Harshlands
    Verolina - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Do you know that crash or not not all nation would not get 300 tokens by player, Frost was already winning before the crash and many times in the previous NW without crash many people was getting nothing or not a lot of tokens cause they wasn't in the winning nation.

You really are dense aren't you. We saw last week that the nation out in front at midway wasn't the winning nation at the end (Flame went from 1st to 2nd place) so get off your horse and stop trying to act like Frost was so innocent and would've won without the crash. You're as much a troll here as you are in server.
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hey folks,

Our engineers are investigating exactly what happened with our servers on Sunday; we hope to prevent this from happening again.

I'll post again when I get more information.

- Val
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You really are dense aren't you. We saw last week that the nation out in front at midway wasn't the winning nation at the end (Flame went from 1st to 2nd place) so get off your horse and stop trying to act like Frost was so innocent and would've won without the crash. You're as much a troll here as you are in server.

lol... Lets not forget that on friday light went from dead last to first place to b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

So now we are blaming the team that won for the server malfunction?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Our engineers are investigating exactly what happened with our servers on Sunday; we hope to prevent this from happening again.

I'll post again when I get more information.

- Val

Sticking this on page 1 so it's not missed. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've been playing this game for a number of years and it's still a game. Like most games, it has a few glitches in it, as we all know. I got booted Friday and it took 2 trys to get back into the game after restarting PWI twice. I got back into NWs and played solo - my former squad mates telling me I was still showing in their squad (but, no squad chat on my end.) I did finish NWs with a lower than normal contri. However, the sun did come up the next morning here. It's just a game we play to enjoy. Play between the glitches is a continuing mantra for any game and applies to all here. Play for fun and roll with these small hic ups. When all is said and done, it hasn't effected world peace, starving humans; but, may get you changed from the nice to naughty list. They will get some of the issues fixed in time.

b:bye
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've been playing this game for a number of years and it's still a game. Like most games, it has a few glitches in it, as we all know. I got booted Friday and it took 2 trys to get back into the game after restarting PWI twice. I got back into NWs and played solo - my former squad mates telling me I was still showing in their squad (but, no squad chat on my end.) I did finish NWs with a lower than normal contri. However, the sun did come up the next morning here. It's just a game we play to enjoy. Play between the glitches is a continuing mantra for any game and applies to all here. Play for fun and roll with these small hic ups. When all is said and done, it hasn't effected world peace, starving humans; but, may get you changed from the nice to naughty list. They will get some of the issues fixed in time.

Nicely said, Boartracker.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So now we are blaming the team that won for the server malfunction?

Tunnel Snakes was in Frost, maybe that made the server crash to have so many talented players in Frost. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Verolina - Harshlands
    Verolina - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Tunnel Snakes was in Frost, maybe that made the server crash to have so many talented players in Frost. b:chuckle

Yet another testament to the very unbalanced nature of Nation Wars. Players squading together to create "OP Super Teams" that manipulate the balance of power.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yet another testament to the very unbalanced nature of Nation Wars. Players squading together to create "OP Super Teams" that manipulate the balance of power.

OP? We have 1 or 2 R9 in squad rest is TT99-R8 and I think 2 3rd recast Nirvana and not even full. (We even had a level 75)

Tunnel snakes is good cause we work as a team, not cause our gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Raizin - Harshlands
    Raizin - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well we can simply hope this doesnt happen in the next NW xD
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well we can simply hope this doesnt happen in the next NW xD

It didn't crash in the previous NW, it was probably just a ''badluck'' xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Great post dude.

The red text - we've had this before. Resquad and you'll come back. It actually will show everyone who DCed still in the squad but they wont be in the squad. Just have someone else invite everyone in and it fixes itself, its really weird - you don't even have to drop squad (it doesn't let you sometimes anyways). I've only seen this in NW.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Just happened in Dreamweaver server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks