Undocumented changes/bugs/complaints about new update

Comments

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I disagree that TW time change is a negative thing. Something, ANYTHING, needs to be done to switch up TW. Clearly, the stronger towers is not helping. So what if people can't make it to TW during Monday at 2pm PST? Thats the POINT....to make factions vulnerable.

Which means we may see some EU factions pop up on the map. How cool would that be?
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dont know where to list that but, think could have been good to relace the current R9 3rd cast look with the one from china that wasnt released, the look would fit more with the expansion in my opinion

also, dragon orbs cant be made in the nation wars forges (and its possible in china)
  • x6geno6cide6x
    x6geno6cide6x Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can still dual client, but you have to open your Perfect World program file, go to element, and click on elementclient.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This game become more and more level 100+ oriented.
    All changes what had been done after Age of Spirits expansion do it even worse for my Wizard.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Territory Wars have been moved to Saturday, Sunday and Monday time slots. The order of battles scheduled are as follows: Sat 8pm, Sat 2pm, Sun 2pm, Sat 8am, Mon 2pm. Bidding Time remains unchanged.
    - Each Territory War time bracket now accomodates up to 11 scheduled fights.

translated: u will have tw at different hours/days than sat 8pm ONLY if u have more than 11 battles....if not all tw's shall be at 8pm sat or next sat 2pm

am i wrong?
  • DPenetration - Lost City_1354790747
    edited November 2012
    You can run two clients - you just have to run the second client by directly double clicking on "elementclient.exe" in your installation's "element" folder.

I tried this... doesn't work for me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearleeable - Lost City View Post

Yeah, you have to use the old method of running the .exe.

@BearLee
    Are you referring to altering the elementclient.exe? I forgot how to do that... haven't done it in years...

Dunno if it's related, but i also my patcher cant seem to connect to the internet for the latest update news...
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    o_o Wait, what in the world have you all been doing if you haven't been dual-clienting with the elementclient shortcut? xD
    Nahktuul I'm not even going to bother quoting you, but I laughed. And facedesked. And just lol.... it was bad.
    D'aw I still think it would have been better if the tw times weren't changed and the 20vs20 thing was at the same time as them, so that the non tw-faction people would have a chance at doing them without tw geared people dominating them completely, too. Or at least a bracket where some are outside of tw times and some during so the people who participate would vary more. Than euh... moving tw o_O

Eum things to do with the expansion...
    The barb's true forme apparentily says something about stunning for 2 seconds now instead of cooling down after 2 seconds (made fun of that already though xD)
    Lucky Scarab level ten's stun increase to 3 seconds was left un-updated and stuns for 2 seconds still.
    Swimming mastery wasn't fixed
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1520071 DQDQDQ. I remember farming for two weeks straight(at least) on my veno at level 84 to get my skills updated, and apparentily, that wouldn't be something I'd be able to do anymore p-p
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1519821 Nirvy mats from supply tokens; this thread deserves some sort of answer soon.
    I never got this before the update (ever ever), but quests to teleport into locations such as morai, or the meditation realm take like thirty seconds to finish teleporting now; it was like this when I got on immediatily after I patched, when the server was mainily empty, and only worse with a fuller server.

But I'm very happy about feral being a both forme skill now, and the skill damage increases for all the skills that got them, 'specially the DoT against stupid mobs like wizzard slaves xD
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ciber - Raging Tide
    Ciber - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously Saturday Sunday Monday tw time?
    Come one pwi. you killed one of my best reasons, which kept me playing this game. Whole week i was wating for tw time to have a 4 hrs fun ( sometimes less), and now you guys changed it with a 25 min s v s.
    My faction and all big factions, need active peoples, who can attend tw ( not s v s ). Beside that, our server is a US server friday and saturday ( sometimes sunday), is our free days, when we can attend tw, but now after update we have to be online at late of night, when we have school/ work at morning ( europe users, who playing in Us server).
    2 days of our tw is off for s v s. And we have to wish and hope to be enough lucky and have a tw at Saturday.
    (Pwi Please Dont make it hard for us to keep playing this Game) b:cry b:cry
    Opinion: why not set territory war at firday, saturday, sunday ( just like befor), but server vs server can be 2-3 hour befor Territory war.
    Please pay more attention to members and their time zone problems
    b:bye b:bye
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    read above...basically u need to have more than 22 tw's to have tw on saturday...and more than 44 to get passed sunday (basically kinda close to impossible...47 lands total if im not mistaken)...so even with tw on all lands ull still get only 3 tw's on monday (and the chances to get on monday on a single land at elast 2 weeks in a row are too high to even bother)...so stop qqing
  • Frankenstein - Momaganon
    Frankenstein - Momaganon Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Autonavigation is no longer possible at WQ / Paperclip quest.
  • Ciber - Raging Tide
    Ciber - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    slamstone wrote: »
    read above...basically u need to have more than 22 tw's to have tw on saturday...and more than 44 to get passed sunday (basically kinda close to impossible...47 lands total if im not mistaken)...so even with tw on all lands ull still get only 3 tw's on monday (and the chances to get on monday on a single land at elast 2 weeks in a row are too high to even bother)...so stop qqing

Link GM or MoD post ?? LOOOL
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This game become more and more level 100+ oriented.
    All changes what had been done after Age of Spirits expansion do it even worse for my Wizard.

And that is the right way actually...Today I lvl101ed my 15th alt...Til that level, the game itself is motivating enough...but what do u do after reaching level 100? Leveling and thus getting tremendously stronger with each new gear set ends at level 100...u can just farm and get better gears, which u can use to farm better and even more...

Don't u think it's the most important thing for a MMORPG to deliver good End-Game-Content? I squeezed out every possible bit of "Before-End-Game-Content" and now? I wanna do something, so PWE keep the end-game stuff coming (:

No offense, but U'll see when u get ur first alt to level 100^^ and even with this expansion there's still way too less things to do..>.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    NPCs (tailor, craftsman, apo, backsmith, jewelcraftman) have been added to oht.

I would give all those up for a banker and mailbox in there instead.b:surrender
  • Xaliie - Dreamweaver
    Xaliie - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the Mysterious Old Man in south is a good thing. I was super happy when I found out that I don't have to go to RT every day on 4 toons.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the Mysterious Old Man in south is a good thing. I was super happy when I found out that I don't have to go to RT every day on 4 toons.

In north Arch also near the tele.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't u think it's the most important thing for a MMORPG to deliver good End-Game-Content? I squeezed out every possible bit of "Before-End-Game-Content" and now? I wanna do something, so PWE keep the end-game stuff coming (:

No offense, but U'll see when u get ur first alt to level 100^^ and even with this expansion there's still way too less things to do..>.<

I don't want to level up to high level and be yet one useless character because of absence of proper gear.

I want to play game instead.

But repeating kill same mob for drop action is boring for me if it is more than 1 month long.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A thing to add to neutral:

There is some combat text that did not get changed over. When a seeker uses QPQ on an Assassin with Tidal Protect active, there's a chance Chinese text will appear over the sin.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • JoeDirt - Raging Tide
    JoeDirt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    New World quest has been extended from 30 Vol's, to ???

Not sure how many now as stuck with - Vol 33 - Luxuries.

No longer able to use green tracker text help, from Available/Repeatable if having difficulty finding the NPC.

not exactly sure but i think it is 37 volumes, ended after 37 all 3 times i've done it since update. all of the new npc locations are in the tideborn and earthguard area's. if you hover your cursor over the world history item in your quest inventory it will tell you the area the next npc is in, go there and look around a bit and you'll find them. adding their locations to the find quest tab is probably one of the very very very very few things that was overlooked in the update.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can now repair your gear inside the faction base (at the Faction Manager)

This has always bothered me, I'm glad they fixed it
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can now repair your gear inside the faction base (at the Faction Manager)

This has always bothered me, I'm glad they fixed it

Also note: you can not repair your gear out in the world at non-crafting NPC's. (i.e. The Jewelcraftsman will not repair gear in the sale window, but the tailor and the blacksmith will.)
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is a Maibox, Auctioneer and Banker in the Reflection now. You can also open a catshop and jump there.
  • The/ssassin - Dreamweaver20
    The/ssassin - Dreamweaver20 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A thing to add to neutral:

There is some combat text that did not get changed over. When a seeker uses QPQ on an Assassin with Tidal Protect active, there's a chance Chinese text will appear over the sin.

happens if mobs/bosses want to put some negative effect on you too
    basically everytime tidal protection lets you evade something
  • klystron
    klystron Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    World Quest may have been extended but volume 31 location does not appear in quest log to auto track and when i check volume in inventory says Laid Back old Man in Netherspring Camp maybe interested in this. Prolblem there is no tracking point to him to appear in available quest log. If you goto Netherspring camp and exchange with Laid-back Old Man there is no follow up volume or return to collect reward. So waste lot of time doing a WQ that is screwed up
  • Morfeen - Dreamweaver
    Morfeen - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Idk if that happend to anyone, but my chatbox can switch from private or squad to normal chat randomly b:surprised and that just really making me b:infuriated
    Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it is a plan!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can run two clients - you just have to run the second client by directly double clicking on "elementclient.exe" in your installation's "element" folder.

to add to this:

Make a desktop shortcut of elemtclient.exe, rename it if you want (called mine PW2) and use it for ya second client - ye I know lazy mans version b:laugh
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    to add to this:

Make a desktop shortcut of elemtclient.exe, rename it if you want (called mine PW2) and use it for ya second client - ye I know lazy mans version b:laugh

What I want to know is what were people doing before that suddenly doesn't work anymore... Did the launcher launch the client twice or something?

I rarely open up the launcher, don't need it other than for patching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bubbles@

Until this update, I just used the normal PWI desktop shortcut to run two clients, but after the update, I got the error: client running - Unable to update.

Got it to work useing the normal shortcut for launch 1 and a elementclient.exe shortcut for lauch 2 - didn't change any settings in or around the game, just auto updated it - took some time, but did some other stuff while the patching was runing xD
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    happens if mobs/bosses want to put some negative effect on you too
    basically everytime tidal protection lets you evade something

Ah, so basically there are notifications now of if we avoid status effects now. That's great in the sense where you'll know if your status effect didn't hit, so you can plan accordingly.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    klystron wrote: »
    World Quest may have been extended but volume 31 location does not appear in quest log to auto track and when i check volume in inventory says Laid Back old Man in Netherspring Camp maybe interested in this. Prolblem there is no tracking point to him to appear in available quest log. If you goto Netherspring camp and exchange with Laid-back Old Man there is no follow up volume or return to collect reward. So waste lot of time doing a WQ that is screwed up

Not really. Keep looking at your quest items for the next volumes and their locations. Did it successfully on multiple characters at various levels with no issues.

Ah, the age of auto-everything sure has spoiled so many of the newbies. b:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    What kossy said b:chuckle . Though I was not playing when autopath did not exist, I understand how spoiled the feature made new players. But then again such a feature is expected in a MMO like so.

For WQ, the location and coordinates for the NPCs to go to can be found here.
This discussion has been closed.