Undocumented changes/bugs/complaints about new update

Options

Comments

• axejst
    axejst Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So how is that whole DQ gold nerf going?

"It's a known issue and GMs are working on a fix"

Yeah. Sure.

But it's ok seeing as everyone has shut up and moved on to the cash shop, just as planned.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    axejst wrote: »
    So how is that whole DQ gold nerf going?

"It's a known issue and GMs are working on a fix"

Yeah. Sure.

But it's ok seeing as everyone has shut up and moved on to the cash shop, just as planned.

Ir actually IS being dealt with and worked on. The exact specifics are unknown to us but Hey, you! is doing his best to get it dealt with for us.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    when updating via Patcher- once the update has finished it says;

''Update is complet'' missing an ''e''
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    when updating via Patcher- once the update has finished it says;

''Update is complet'' missing an ''e''
    That's only because the window area for that message is smaller than the message. It's been like that for forever.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • KTheUndead - Archosaur
    KTheUndead - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to report a bug.

About an hour ago today, I opened my lvl 20 supply box and got nothing. The box just disappeared. b:sad

Also, you know how in the chat box it tells you when you gain or lose an item? It said nothing this time. Nothing at all. Just what the others players were saying in the world channel.

I'm really upset because I don't want to buy a new one for real money when it's not my fault I have lost this one :c

And yes, that means I didn't get a lvl 25 box either and therefore I won't get a lvl 30 box etc etc :c
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to report a bug.

About an hour ago today, I opened my lvl 20 supply box and got nothing. The box just disappeared. b:sad

Also, you know how in the chat box it tells you when you gain or lose an item? It said nothing this time. Nothing at all. Just what the others players were saying in the world channel.

I'm really upset because I don't want to buy a new one for real money when it's not my fault I have lost this one :c

And yes, that means I didn't get a lvl 25 box either and therefore I won't get a lvl 30 box etc etc :c

Do you have at least 4 open inventory slots, and is your quest list full?
    This was mentioned in the other thread that you necroed, it also is a personal bug and not something that was introduced with the update. If the above tips don't work, submit a ticket. I have tested opening the stash on a couple of alts in your range and have not had any issues.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Connera - Heavens Tear
    Connera - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Instead of getting glitched and stuck when you reach the upper limit of chorno world 4/Moonshade Desert, you are teleported to Taochih
    I'm hated by former friends, entire factions, PWE, and people I've never met before. I'm hated on servers I've never logged onto.

... and I honestly wasn't even trying.

Enrage has nothing on me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    okay, I would like to report a single issue that has manifested itself twice to me since I downloaded the patch and which is downright killing me financially in the game... which was around 2 weeks ago for me.

First I was trying to sell over 2,000 of each Phoenix Feathers and Source of Force at 12,000 each. I expected to make a bit more than 48,000,000 because I actually had over 4,000 total of both combined to sell. Turns out when I actually did the math afterwards, I ended up only making roughly a little over 4,800,000 for the combined whole package. And yes, Source of Force and Phoenix Feathers are worth WAY WAY WAY MORE than 1,200 coins a piece.

Now add to the fact that today I sold a Max Duration 2.50 base speed EarthGuard Flyer for what was supposed to be 10,000,000 coins, and ended up netting a profit of exactly 0 coins for my effort... I am beginning to think that even if we had DQ Items and were merchanting them in our bazaars, that we wouldn't be making much of an improved profit margin anymore.

I don't know if this is a glitch that I am somehow the unwitting victim of, or if it was intentional on the part of Perfect World: China... but if it is a glitch, it needs to be repaired, and I really really would like to be compensated (especially for losing the income from those Source of Force and Phoenix Feathers because I spent real world money on those and this just isn't funny anymore). When Cash Shoppers start getting punished, you know the game is dying.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    okay, I would like to report a single issue that has manifested itself twice to me since I downloaded the patch and which is downright killing me financially in the game... which was around 2 weeks ago for me.

First I was trying to sell over 2,000 of each Phoenix Feathers and Source of Force at 12,000 each. I expected to make a bit more than 48,000,000 because I actually had over 4,000 total of both combined to sell. Turns out when I actually did the math afterwards, I ended up only making roughly a little over 4,800,000 for the combined whole package. And yes, Source of Force and Phoenix Feathers are worth WAY WAY WAY MORE than 1,200 coins a piece.

Now add to the fact that today I sold a Max Duration 2.50 base speed EarthGuard Flyer for what was supposed to be 10,000,000 coins, and ended up netting a profit of exactly 0 coins for my effort... I am beginning to think that even if we had DQ Items and were merchanting them in our bazaars, that we wouldn't be making much of an improved profit margin anymore.

I don't know if this is a glitch that I am somehow the unwitting victim of, or if it was intentional on the part of Perfect World: China... but if it is a glitch, it needs to be repaired, and I really really would like to be compensated (especially for losing the income from those Source of Force and Phoenix Feathers because I spent real world money on those and this just isn't funny anymore). When Cash Shoppers start getting punished, you know the game is dying.

your description isnt clear.

i cant tell if you are misusing the word profit to describe net, it seems like you are.
    are you putting things in the AH or in a cat shop? are you putting in the prices wrong?
    AH charges a percentage of the item sale price in addition to the listing fee.

are you using a shop license? in which case you are getting big notes that you arent noticing.

are you saying that the game is modifying the prices of the items in your catshop on its own? I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Options
    your description isnt clear.

i cant tell if you are misusing the word profit to describe net, it seems like you are.
    are you putting things in the AH or in a cat shop? are you putting in the prices wrong?
    AH charges a percentage of the item sale price in addition to the listing fee.

are you using a shop license? in which case you are getting big notes that you arent noticing.

are you saying that the game is modifying the prices of the items in your catshop on its own? I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else.

I am putting these things in my bazaar and not the auction house. And when the first instance (selling the Source of Force and Phoenix Feathers) occurred a week ago, I had initially thought that it was simply a matter of me putting the wrong price into the bazaar.

But when I looked at the "You're item sold" indicator indicating my Aerogear had sold at the expected price of 10,000,000 coins, and yet, my Assassins coin purse was still as empty as I had left it after transferring all of her pre-existing finaces over to my main account... I began to see the pattern. This is not simply me randomly assigning the wrong price. This is obviously either a glitch or an intentional nerf.

If it is a nerf, then I demand it be rectified, because preventing cash shoppers from offloading there merchandise to people who actually farm, while also preventing farmers to make their coin is only going to lead to one inevitable conclusion:

The game will unquestionably die in a few weeks if this is not fixed soon and fast.

As for my use of the term profit, it probably isn't an accurate use of the word from an economists point of view. I am many things, but an economist is not one of them however. I am simply using it here to refer to my attempts to use simple Supply and Demand Mentality to find a way to profit by it somehow. This is being hindered by these bugs, glitches, whatever they are.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    you dont need to be an economist

profit is the money you made on top of the money you invested.

if you sold something for 10m and you have no coins, there is probably a 10m big note in your inventory that you are overlooking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    you dont need to be an economist

profit is the money you made on top of the money you invested.

if you sold something for 10m and you have no coins, there is probably a 10m big note in your inventory that you are overlooking.

The ten million big note caught me out the first time I got one, thought I was being scammed till I found it in inventory. b:laugh
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
    edited December 2012
    Options

yeah, wow, I totally did not see that in my inventory. Wow I feel like moron. Now that you mention it that might explain the 5 Ten Million Big Notes I ended up with that I don't remember obtaining prior to my several month long hiatus (those were obtained when I sold the Source of Force/Phoenix Feathers instead of what I originally assumed).
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I noticed another change on my wiz besides the one mentioned in the lead post about distance shrink canceling autopath.

If I cast a spell on my wizard that consumes chi (BIDS, Blade Tempest, Mountain Seize, etc.) and the target dies or moves out of range while the spell is channeling, the spell will not cast, but the chi is still consumed. Previously, the spell would continue to channel but when the channeling completed nothing would happen (no spell cast or chi cost).

This does not happen to all other classes. I tested with Tempest (cleric) and Ion Spike (seeker) and these skills do not consume chi under the same circumstances. I don't have characters of all classes to test on but it is particularly annoying losing 2 sparks at a time on a wiz due to a glitch.

I've found since the update my wizy channels if mob dies skill doesn't cast but i lose my chi b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingClawX - Lost City
    KingClawX - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    so like two or so months have passed and since then one nation alwasy seem to do teh poorest.

its the nation every other nation get points and land from FLAME nation in lost city.

if that is not a bug to have a nation that loses every singel time.

i cant see the randomnes in it losing or having the worst player possible each time.

so as for bug or glitches i think it have merit to be looked at.

light sometimes loses land and then re new its str just like that but flame never.

please look into why this happen nw is fun but only cos its sopused to be random.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think this is the right place to post this, if not feel free to move this

The auto recovery stone actually uses up more pots then you are supposed to be using.

I noticed today in TW that whenever i died and went back to base, it automatically used up MP/HP and my last ditch stone turtle pot while i was both ways charmed!

so every time i died i lost 3 pots while i was max HP/MP ( which charms are for )

This has to have something to do with the order of things in the programming, i.e. the auto recovery stone procs before HP/MP charms do.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
    edited December 2012
    Options
    why isn't this stickied anymore? have all the changes/bugs/complaints that the players dislike either been explained or fixed? If not I feel this should still be stickied until they are amended in some fashion.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    why isn't this stickied anymore? have all the changes/bugs/complaints that the players dislike either been explained or fixed? If not I feel this should still be stickied until they are amended in some fashion.

The point of the thread was just to document and aggregate the changes so people would stop making threads about everything. No one claimed that any actions were going to be taken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I was helping a friend with 20x3 in bh 69, apparently it is not 20x3 anymore, it is fewer mobs. Others might be affected, if someone else is in that level range and could double check, that would be great.

Chrono/culti might have a few tweaks, someone said they needed astral for culti/chrono, again, not at that level, so can't check. This change was for chrono, they needed bosses in 2-3.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I was helping a friend with 20x3 in bh 69, apparently it is not 20x3 anymore, it is fewer mobs. Others might be affected, if someone else is in that level range and could double check, that would be great.

Chrono/culti might have a few tweaks, someone said they needed astral for culti/chrono, again, not at that level, so can't check. This change was for chrono, they needed bosses in 2-3.

The reduced mob change was documented in the patch notes for the release and is not an undocumented change. Chrono bosses in 2-3 is common and is not a change.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    In the last NW I could not get the Overseer's Blessing. Not happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    bumping for freedom & because this isn't stickied anymore & so we don't get it depthed

*bump bump*

that is all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This isn't gonna get depth'd or something anymore than the undocumented changes in dynasty or descent were when those threads were created to put in things that weren't in the patch notes. This merely served as a way to document all the changes made with the sirens update. But now, we are looking towards a new update with the veno pets and such. Players have documented all the changes sirens has brought to our game. The most crucial of the issues are being looked at by the GMs. Any more changes are not a part of the sirens update and don't belong in the first post. So there isn't really a reason to have it stickied anymore. The sticky has served it's purpose. Nothing more and nothing less.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The reduced mob change was documented in the patch notes for the release and is not an undocumented change. Chrono bosses in 2-3 is common and is not a change.

Thanks, i dug through patch notes. I thought it referred to bh29 culti, guess it works for all :).

Astral wasn't on the list for me when i did 2-3 for chrono, usually it is wurlord and feng.
  • XxKelyaenxX - Archosaur
    XxKelyaenxX - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Lu Zah NPC for turning in the quest you get when you pick up an Astral Stone is missing in Sanctuary.

What do u do Trash it now that its done?
  • Gravediggr - Dreamweaver
    Gravediggr - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    When is the quest "Disabled man's story" going to be fixed?b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • YoshiEgg - Sanctuary
    YoshiEgg - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hello.

I have a Problem with the Quest Astral Shard (a Aurum Specter drops it).
    I cant find Lu Zha (636, 563). The Autopath bring me to the Bridge, but no NPC is there.

I hope you can help me with my Problem. Thank you. b:bye

Ps: And i cant trash the Quest! :/
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    On the first page of general discussion there's a thread called Astral Shard ;P

Unfortunately it's already too late for you... You can't complete the quest and it will stay forever in your log b:surrender
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • LovezDemand - Harshlands
    LovezDemand - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Dear PWI, sincerly from a majority of your players you have killd alot of the game that has made it fun, Venos are quitting because they cant level pets in cube( mice bashing ) anymore and mystics pets level with them so why cut us off? and also Venos NEED bramble to protect themselves from sins in PVP its entirely UNFAIR because psychics can have a buff that reflects damage that hurts even more than bramble Venos are an old class of PWI and people love to play them you need to consider everything before making a change in skills venos now a days spend slot of money on herc and nix the les venos the less buyers of feathers and such for herc and nix you need to make all classes equal there are things you can do to fix venos so players return to pwi alot of my friends and i made venos 3 yrs back and we loved them till you killed them leveling herc has come to be a pain and a waste of game time you need to take into consideration that not every1 has hours of play and no1 wants to take forever leveling herc or nix it would be very kind of you if you fixed the issue of the cube of fate (mice bashing) to give exp again and fix the bramble to have it in PVP to make a good game you need to understand how every one feels about the equality in the classes.. please understand and i beg you to fix this because i still would love to play PWI as a veno i have for so long and i dont wish to give up now thank you PWI Team and please help the venos !
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    venos now a days spend slot of money on herc and nix the les venos the less buyers of feathers and such for herc and nix you need to make all classes equal there are things you can do to fix venos

also "now a days" herc/nix cost is nothing compared to gear overall, its a order of magnitude cost lower than it was before relative to the rest of the gear, actually in coin cost herc/nix cost as much as they did 3 years ago while gold inflation is 400%, this is NOT taking into account inflation, taking into account inflation its a good 4 times CHEAPER than it was then

yes pwi needs to fix venos, multiple antistuns, 10 sec invul skill, r999 with purify++, fastest running speed overall(demon), 100% chance purge, OP bramble in NW, more pdef than a bm when in foxform, bramble is OP in pvp anyway, hate attidentally hittin a noob veno with an aoe and getting a 5kreflect back in my face
This discussion has been closed.