Manual Patch Link - Sirens of War

Options
13»

Comments

• Chaura - Archosaur
    Chaura - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I had the same problem all i did was run the patch without starting the launcher and it worked fine for me.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i did that too but still didnt work i guess im gonna have to remove it all again and download it all over again
  • Chaura - Archosaur
    Chaura - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sorry to hear that not sure what else i can tell you.
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    They mentioned that they were having issues with the site, so they may have set the launchers to all receive news from the German setup.

Yup, my patcher is now german too apparently o.o
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok, I think the manual patch worked fine to me :)
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Mchen - Dreamweaver
    Mchen - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thanks so much, my update isn't really working well.
  • brazilianboy2
    brazilianboy2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    [QUOTE=Lolgasmic - Raging Tide;18
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Gonna leave this here from tech support.

PWI is being read as a virus

Solution:

Explanation: Note about Virus Protection
    Most likely a false positive, which can happen after a major update because so many files are changed. Your security software can get all distraught over it. You can either add the game folder and .exe files within to your exceptions lists, or temporarily fully disable your security software while updating until you login successfully.

There is usually pwprotector.exe, launcher.exe, elementclient.exe, I think. Plus, if the direct download has Pando Media Booster, it runs as PMB.exe (which you can uninstall AFTER you have installed the game). Please note, there is NOT a new game client with expansion content available yet, as of this post.

Tech support help is just a link away: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com

Patcher missing with virus flag
    AVG and certain other anti virus programs are flagging the update with a false positive. There is no virus.

Consider the fact that elementclient.exe is a program downloaded from the internet that takes information installed on your computer and shares it with the servers however far away from you they may be.

Consider the fact that a trojan virus is a program usually downloaded from the internet that takes information installed on your computer and shares it to someplace else however far away from you it may be.

It's easy for a program to mistake something safe (the game) for something malicious (an actual virus)

Now, for the missing patcher, someone uploaded it to drop box so you shouldn't have to reinstall the whole game.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18070441&postcount=23

Other things you may have to disable
    Updated manual patches linked here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717

We are unable to mirror them, due to their size.

New client is in the works.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

GM NOTE
    False positives can happen after EVERY update, and often do. Some existing files change, and new ones added or replaced. Some security software does not like this.

PWE would not be doing very good business by having tens of millions of players with viruses put on their systems by our games.

Please always make sure you download the game and patches directly from us. Or, when we mirror patches, linked directly by us on the forums.

Problem with Patching

Solutions

Using the manual patch
    Do not start the game launcher. Exit it out, restart your PC if you need to.

See if this helps:

Go to the folder you saved it to. Right click on it and select Open with. Browse to the game folder and select the PWI launcher file as the one to open .cup patch files with. Select ok.

Double click on the cup file. The launcher may come up and ask you to select auto patch location. You can, but cancel and unselect the check boxes for updating online.

It should start updating from the manual patch.

If you try Manual from the game launcher, it may give you that error.

You can also try the auto patcher, select which way you want to update. It can take 30 mins to 3 hours to complete the auto update.

If it still isn't working
    Open task manager, go into "Processes" and kill Launcher.exe, Patcher.exe, Elimentclient.exe, etc. Anything that says is associated with Perfect World Entertainment. Then try again, your game SHOULD then open again.

If not, a restart perhaps?

If Patcher is in German
    amyescence wrote: »
    What is going on...? Whenever i try to patch my client it turns German and says "unable to patch, select new server"

Anyone know the solution to this?

http://imgur.com/qOcwV

EDIT!!!: This is how i got my PWI client to actually start downloading everything and working:

FOLLOW ALL STEPS.

1, If you tried to update it and your patcher looks different, you will need to reinstall the game.
    To find the install without having to redownload the game from the internet follow these steps.
    Windows Vista/7 (don't know about XP) Start>Type "install" in the search bar> look for the icon that looks like a Archer. IF IT SAYS SOMETHING IS MISSING YOU NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD PWI

2, REINSTALL THE GAME!

3, Open the patcher DO NOT PATCH ANYTHING YET!!!!!! If it asks you to update click NO!

4, go here : http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download and download the patches.
    For the Siren update use this link - http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patch...ch_670-676.cup

5, DO NOT USE AUTOMATIC PATCHING!! If you are having the problems described in this thread IT DOESN'T WORK! once those patches are downloaded click "No" if it asks for automatic patching.

6, use the button : Manual Patch and use the patches to update the game.

Good-luck!

More complicated issues/other OS
    Sounds like it may be best to send in a ticket to tech support, and fully explain what you have tried so far. You should include your system dxdiag.txt and hijackthis logs if you can please. Info about those in the Support knowledge base up top ^

Make sure that one of the game files is not already running while you try the manual patch. You may have to restart your system and try again.
    I never used Mac personally in this case you have a get in touch with a Gm through Customer Support or from our New Technical Support Zone. Good Luck !

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • brazilianboy2
    brazilianboy2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    how the heck can i male it work?b:sad
    can some 1 help me PLZ? b:sad
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    how the heck can i male it work?b:sad
    can some 1 help me PLZ? b:sad

Try any of the above solutions. Sorry about that. b:cute

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • purifypwi
    purifypwi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think PWE and the tech guys should get **** together. Seriously every other game can have huger expansions and only have 1 or 2 players that have errors. PWI on the other hand, manual patch doesn't work and auto patch is even worse. I use tried to use both servers to auto update and both say use another server. I've downloaded manual patch so many times and when I use it, it says that there some file errors.

On top of that, all the GM's and MOD's can say is sorry? C'mon we've always heard you apologizing but little or nothing has been done. It's like apologies are a casual thing you guys say without any meaning.

Very disappointing. I really liked this game but I guess it's worth all this hassle. Hope you get fixed very soon and fix the DQ nerfs or there won't be many or if any new players and many players will quit which means less profit.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    purifypwi wrote: »
    I think PWE and the tech guys should get **** together. Seriously every other game can have huger expansions and only have 1 or 2 players that have errors. PWI on the other hand, manual patch doesn't work and auto patch is even worse. I use tried to use both servers to auto update and both say use another server. I've downloaded manual patch so many times and when I use it, it says that there some file errors.

On top of that, all the GM's and MOD's can say is sorry? C'mon we've always heard you apologizing but little or nothing has been done. It's like apologies are a casual thing you guys say without any meaning.

Very disappointing. I really liked this game but I guess it's worth all this hassle. Hope you get fixed very soon and fix the DQ nerfs or there won't be many or if any new players and many players will quit which means less profit.

I will say this once:

We MODS do not work for PWI.

We have NOTHING to do with the patch, and any negative effects it has brought.

We've even been trying to help by relaying the info to the CM, who has said that they are looking into it.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    purifypwi wrote: »

Question...
    Have you bothered to read/try any of the troubleshooting?
    Particularly as it pertains to anti-virus software, and running the patcher with admin rights?

The issues you are complaining about are fixed the majority of the time by following those simple steps. And those are primarily an issue because the client is almost 10 years old, is not optimized for much newer system hardware and OS's, and because the way that it interacts with the server is commonly mistaken as Word macro viruses. (The last of which will not be easily fixed as it will require re-designing the interface between the client and the servers databases.)
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • xsheebangs13x
    xsheebangs13x Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I wish this could be uploaded as a torrent.. My down speed is like 400kbps. and it's not stable so it may stop, and I have to go back to 0 . but I will try to dl it directly.