My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I thought it was interesting that they rendered the timberwolves with cell-shaded 3D animation. I don't think they've ever used 3D stuff in the show before. I hope it's a one-time deal though since those wolves didn't match the look of the show well at all. I guess having to animate all those small pieces of wood in 2D was too hard this time around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    b:surrender

I gave in and watched the first 2 episodes.

Not bad...... but I don't understand the obsession

..... Gonna go watch Code Geass againb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    b:surrender

I gave in and watched the first 2 episodes.

Not bad...... but I don't understand the obsession

..... Gonna go watch Code Geass againb:chuckle

Even though I watch the episodes as they come out and appreciate the characterization of each of the bearers of harmony and etcetc along with that they're not humans(watching shows where the characters are humans bores me normally for some reason :x Emempting like.. House and the like xD House is awesome~), I don't really get the obsession either/ponies being everywhere sometimes irritates me to varying degrees (I've gone back to stage of 'eh I really don't care that they're everywhere' xD)

Also I didn't notice the animation difference before except for in a few scenes; I went and watched the scenes with them again and it bothered me a bit that it was so different D: Since I don't think in the Granny Smith episode the Timberwolves were animated as such, symbolism as them as wild animals from the forest doesn't work as a legitimate reason >:
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    To tell the truth I thought it was the weakest of the season. Spike was just such a loser the whole episode. I liked the random banter but the actual story was lame.

Well yeah, his incompetence in this episode really irked me. I enjoyed it because of the facial animation improvements on the ponies. xD

This episode had its ups and downs.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012

I'm sorry but I have to post a link to this video. It is intended to be humourous, but crude humor. It may offend you pony lovers. Also not for kids, but it is an age protected video

Brony Style
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012

I'm sorry but I have to post a link to this video. It is intended to be humourous, but crude humor. It may offend you pony lovers. Also not for kids, but it is an age protected video

Brony Style
    The van part reminded me instantily of this video/comedian skit that someone made a video thing for, it's totally unponyrelated though.
    So many Rainbow Dashies/Iiii don't know who any of the ponies not from FiM are. xD I don't really know what my reaction is, but even though it started getting repetitive after a while I watched the whole thing and normally stop when videos stop getting like that, so that must stand for something. (Almost instantily clicked the X when it did Carameldansen though, can't stand Carameldansen. x3)

You know I blame myself posting on here for attracting Gecko to this thread, is that the case at all? xD Getting closer to your purple title~
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    I'm sorry for being mean D:

Enjoy your ponies!

I however just found out that the new code geass series thingy has finally started airing!!!!!
    Been waiting years for this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Brony Style

Normally I don't post here but... Pro song. Best Gangnam style parody I ever saw LOL. No offence or anything but that is just funny b:shutup

....Wait, there is another season of CG?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Normally I don't post here but... Pro song. Best Gangnam style parody I ever saw LOL. No offence or anything but that is just funny b:shutup

....Wait, there is another season of CG?

Ikr!

and yea they are doing like this 4 part each hour long series in Japan in theaters. The first part of it just came out in English subs. OMG b:dirtyb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013

Oh, that.. that's so incredibily wonderful xD
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Hey lookie what I found. This made me smile. Yay for random links on the internets!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is it true Hasbro is pulling mlp youtube videos so they can take MLP to china? ;-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • skaitavia
    edited January 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Hey lookie what I found. This made me smile. Yay for random links on the internets!

Ah that brings back memories b:pleased
    edited January 2013
    Getting closer!
    countdown.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm.. I haven't watched ponies in weeks... I really should catch up. MLP marathon tomorrow? MLP marathon tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • skaitavia
    edited January 2013
    That episode felt rushed, but I guess there's only so much you can put in 22 minutes D:
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    RukinaChan - Archosaur Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You might be right Skai o: I was like woah that was fast. I loved the episode, since Discord is a favourite of mine XD It was just too cute overall :3 Discord's back ^____^
    *erases Discords name of the Villain list*
    Am I the only that don't want Twily to become an alicorn? ._.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40071431003&dateline=1423248837[/SIGPIC]
    위너 ★ 빅뱅 ★ 투애니원 ★ 이하이 ★ 샤이니 ★ 비에이피 ★ 엑소 ★ 비스트 ★ 빅스 ★ 에프엑스 ★ 소녀시대 ★ 갓세븐
    edited January 2013

Am I the only that don't want Twily to become an alicorn? ._.

I dont like the idea either, but the Coronation may be referring to this pony?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited January 2013
    That ep needed just a little fixing. Like a scene after Fluttershy storms off where Discord tries to have enjoy some random Chaos but realized it wasn't any fun without a friend like Fluttershy.

1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013

Am I the only that don't want Twily to become an alicorn? ._.[/FONT]

...who in the world is Twily.....
    Also didn't this same general plot happen in one or two fanfics before? xD Regardless it was pretty interesting to see :3
    I remember Discord's back being alot less straight, though, aka he held it at more a cuuurve(not just in statue forme either, like in last season when he was running around doing stuff~) and this bothered me the enter flippin' time I was watching the episode xD.

Edit wow I just realized you meant Twil(e)y as in Twilight and not Twily as in like.. Twil a type of wood and thus a totally different character. Well I'm smart. :x
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Eh, the new episode.. I dunno ._. The start was meh. Just wtf celestia, what are you doing. ==
    It actually got cute in the end but yea, I'm not really convinced ._.

I found http://egophiliac.deviantart.com/art/eternal-night-265676790?q=gallery%3Aegophiliac%2F9238802&qo=114 by the way. So awesome. o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    RukinaChan - Archosaur Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hasbro...
    Princess_Twilight_Sparkle_Alicorn.jpg
    W r u doin'
    Princess_Coronation_Clip%2C_Twilight_Sparkle.jpg
    Hasbro
    tumblr_inline_mhf7ttWp1D1qz4rgp.jpg
    Stahp!

Lol Veneir :D Rumors down there in black:

I really hope that Princess Skyla has to do lot of things with the new episode, because it'd mess up everything to make Twily a princess so early. I saw texts that she'll become an alicorn, I've seen others saying not. I dun get why'd they put something in the show that (as I read) most of the bronies&pegasis' (including me) dun really want. :I All the bronies and pegasis' are confused now O.O Is that true Tara Strong not gonna give Twily's voice from S4? Q~Q
    Well, I'm pretty confused.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40071431003&dateline=1423248837[/SIGPIC]
    위너 ★ 빅뱅 ★ 투애니원 ★ 이하이 ★ 샤이니 ★ 비에이피 ★ 엑소 ★ 비스트 ★ 빅스 ★ 에프엑스 ★ 소녀시대 ★ 갓세븐
    edited January 2013
    >Alicorn Twilight

Assuming Skyla's still in the picture, I bet Twilight goofed and swapped destinies with her and this...this happened. Well, with that said, I'm definitely enjoying the ****storm it caused, but I'm withholding judgement till we see what happens. It may be a one episode thing or maybe it'll be reverted later on (or not)...time will tell.

(I can still admit that this rustles my jimmies though...oh well, if this world will burn then I may as well make smores~)

Edit: As for Tara Strong...

She's quite the card, so its likely a joke.
  • skaitavia
    edited January 2013
    They have to create a story to sell the toy. That's the company's first priority. And I'm confident that M.A. Larson will do good with this episode.

Best not to worry about it and enjoy the show!
  • opkossy
    edited January 2013
    inb4 Dream sequence, "What if" scenario, or something equally not nearly as big a thing as the fandom is afraid it will be.

Like how a while back enough people thought Trixie's allicorn amulet episode was something more tied in to King Sombrero (I know I know but I'm calling him that anyways!) posessing her. b:chuckle
  • skaitavia
    edited January 2013
    xDDD Yeah.

Twi just drunk one too many red bulls.
    edited February 2013
    I think its good to mix things up every once in a while. Even if this is an executive directive it can spur a lot of creative decisions that wouldn't otherwise be made. I'm sure the wedding themed S2 finale was also a rouse to sell toys but that turned out very well. I have confidence the team there is going to make it work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited February 2013
    princess_derpy_by_forsakensharikan-d572a4d.png

Best princess hands down.
    edited February 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    princess_derpy_by_forsakensharikan-d572a4d.png

Best princess hands down.

Indeed.