Level 100 gear

Options
Eclod - Raging Tide
Eclod - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Cleric
As you can see, I am slowly approaching level 100. So, I was wondering what gear would be best-suited to go into Caster Nirvana, TT 3-2 and TT 3-3, etc.

I was thinking going with R8 weapon, top, and pants. After that, I'm not sure what is good to have.

My current gear: http://pwcalc.com/055cbd472486e5c6 datderphysicaldefense

So, this is what I have for level 100: http://pwcalc.com/45522676635a892b

Should I keep TT90 boots? Should I shard with Citrines or Garnets? I feel like I am leaving something out. ;;

Could I get some help figuring this out? b:surrender
:S
Post edited by Eclod - Raging Tide on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Slightly expensive option that requires a bit of thought: http://pwcalc.com/bd33e01f285544a4

Cheap option: http://pwcalc.com/257c832c57db06f0

R8 gears can be re-bought for max sockets, +3/+5 are virtually free, sea captains don't need much for 4 sockets.

Also you want to get near 5k HP and then worry about your pdef. Hence cit heavy in the cheap build and garnets in the other one.
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Slightly expensive option that requires a bit of thought: http://pwcalc.com/bd33e01f285544a4

Cheap option: http://pwcalc.com/257c832c57db06f0

R8 gears can be re-bought for max sockets, +3/+5 are virtually free, sea captains don't need much for 4 sockets.

Also you want to get near 5k HP and then worry about your pdef. Hence cit heavy in the cheap build and garnets in the other one.

I like both! I feel like the first would be more of an "if I were rich" option. ; 3;

Where can I find Guard of Thundershock? I tried AH but it didn't find anything. Would there be another option for the Attendance ring? I stopped doing that and sold my sheets. b:shocked
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Where can I find Guard of Thundershock? I tried AH but it didn't find anything. Would there be another option for the Attendance ring? I stopped doing that and sold my sheets. b:shocked

It's the belt you receive from unlocking the fourth and final past map, Old Moonshade Desert.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The FC gold ring, but i don't remember the name right now. Lunar ring is good, but kinda expensive.

Rest of what the others said is right..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Aiwana - Harshlands
    Aiwana - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I would personally change the r8 pants with tt90 green ones, for the subtle gain in pdef.
    my 2 cents
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I would personally change the r8 pants with tt90 green ones, for the subtle gain in pdef.
    my 2 cents
    I will consider this, I think I can manage without that extra 300 magic. :s
    It's the belt you receive from unlocking the fourth and final past map, Old Moonshade Desert.
    Thank you~
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The FC gold ring, but i don't remember the name right now. Lunar ring is good, but kinda expensive.

Rest of what the others said is right..
    Yeah, those rings are all really expensive. ; u;

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16036

That, right?
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    For rings, you could also try for a http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20391 with decent bonuses.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thank you~

My pleasure.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I am surprised no one commented on him using magic ornies previously. Correct that and your survivability will shoot up.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Oh, yes.

Thank you guys for helping me out. ; v; Never officially thanked you. :s
  • Anmori - Dreamweaver
    Anmori - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I would suggest Physical defense necklace if you are looking to do instances with lots mean physical mobs xD (Caster bosses does physical damage too >.> and they hurt!)
    Sky Demon's Pearl should be affordable, they are around 1.5mil on my server.
    For belt you can have the lv40 Eye of the Jungle belt for more p def, it gives hp and also has reduce physical damge taken +2%, which is really nice. Also, the belt only cost around 300-500k
    Save up your attendence sheets and make a Perfect Attendece ring :p it's pretty awesome and free
    Changing your headgear to something that adds phy def/magic/vit/hp would also help.
    TT90 boots should be good enough til you farmed enough to make TT99 :p
    As for Sharding, shard more garnets than citrines if you think your pdef is too low, they are cheaper than citrines too :p
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I am surprised no one commented on him using magic ornies previously. Correct that and your survivability will shoot up.

I personally didn't comment on them since he didn't put them on the pwicalc for lvl100 and people used protection ornaments on the pwicalc they made as suggestion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I would suggest Physical defense necklace if you are looking to do instances with lots mean physical mobs xD (Caster bosses does physical damage too >.> and they hurt!)
    Sky Demon's Pearl should be affordable, they are around 1.5mil on my server.
    For belt you can have the lv40 Eye of the Jungle belt for more p def, it gives hp and also has reduce physical damge taken +2%, which is really nice. Also, the belt only cost around 300-500k
    Save up your attendence sheets and make a Perfect Attendece ring :p it's pretty awesome and free
    Changing your headgear to something that adds phy def/magic/vit/hp would also help.
    TT90 boots should be good enough til you farmed enough to make TT99 :p
    As for Sharding, shard more garnets than citrines if you think your pdef is too low, they are cheaper than citrines too :p
    How much physical defense is enough? :s I currently have like 809...ahahaha I don't die very often, Plume shell helps a lot. :s I will start doing those to eventually get it ;(
    edited October 2012
    Options
    How much physical defense is enough? :s I currently have like 809...ahahaha I don't die very often, Plume shell helps a lot. :s I will start doing those to eventually get it ;(

You will need more at lvl 100. I would say that if you do only PvE 3-4k unbuffed should be enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options

Think I have 4k self buffed and about 6k with demon bell.

Learning to use shields is great. You just can't have plume shell active all the time and even if you do it takes time to cast, time that I'd rather use casting heals.

At level 100 you'll get Bh Seat boss who uses only phys attacks, including 2 phys aoes. He 1 shots many clerics even through bb. You either need alot of hp or good phys def. I prefer both. I also don't find much use for -channeling on a cleric. Most of our skills have 1 second channeling, and equal casting so -6%... even -24% isn't a big deal. Most people also cap it at ~34% because of cooldowns getting in the way and skills glitching and stopping casting, overall slowing you down. Thats easily achievable without -channeling ornies. If you do want -channeling ornies, wait till oyu have G16 or R9 well refined.

Also, the base magic damage on your rings is... sad. Upgrade the rings and find better stats. No point in having +magic attack on rings that have a base +magic attack of 51. Just get an cheap attendance ring or something and the base is +100 magic attack.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • forumtrololo
    forumtrololo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i would personally wait 1 more level and get this great, and very cheap build

http://pwcalc.com/655f322b8d6ac726
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i would personally wait 1 more level and get this great, and very cheap build

http://pwcalc.com/655f322b8d6ac726

Omg yes! YES! Thxxxxxxx!!1!
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You will need more at lvl 100. I would say that if you do only PvE 3-4k unbuffed should be enough.

Okay, I will aim for that.
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Think I have 4k self buffed and about 6k with demon bell.

Learning to use shields is great. You just can't have plume shell active all the time and even if you do it takes time to cast, time that I'd rather use casting heals.

At level 100 you'll get Bh Seat boss who uses only phys attacks, including 2 phys aoes. He 1 shots many clerics even through bb. You either need alot of hp or good phys def. I prefer both. I also don't find much use for -channeling on a cleric. Most of our skills have 1 second channeling, and equal casting so -6%... even -24% isn't a big deal. Most people also cap it at ~34% because of cooldowns getting in the way and skills glitching and stopping casting, overall slowing you down. Thats easily achievable without -channeling ornies. If you do want -channeling ornies, wait till oyu have G16 or R9 well refined.

Also, the base magic damage on your rings is... sad. Upgrade the rings and find better stats. No point in having +magic attack on rings that have a base +magic attack of 51. Just get an cheap attendance ring or something and the base is +100 magic attack.

How much HP do you have?

I thought channeling would help....but I don't see a difference. So, I don't mind giving those up.

Ya, rings are just temporary. Pretty much everything is right now. I made new ones, but they are only +80 base.

Thanks. ;D
    edited November 2012
    Options
    How much HP do you have?

I thought channeling would help....but I don't see a difference. So, I don't mind giving those up.

Ya, rings are just temporary. Pretty much everything is right now. I made new ones, but they are only +80 base.

Thanks. ;D

with 3-4k p.def unbuffed and 5k hp+, you should be fine to do all the PvE you want, of course if you can get more it's better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    with 3-4k p.def unbuffed and 5k hp+, you should be fine to do all the PvE you want, of course if you can get more it's better.

y unbuffed ;o;

So high. Best way to get that high is by.....refining?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    How much HP do you have?

I only have 4.8k hp, 4k pdef, and 13.5k mdef but I'm waiting on a few rerolls to refine past +3 on some gear and I get a 500 hp set bonus next piece also. By the end of the month I should be over 6k hp which as Bella said is plenty to do anything PvE.

And I agree most people think channeling helps, and it does to a point, but most people imagine there is more of a difference then there really is. Scientifically, the 'Threshhold of perception' for most people is around .2-.3 seconds, meaning you won't notice a difference in speed between two things until its around .25 seconds apart. Even people with excellent perception don't really notice things until .15 seconds difference and that is a the upper limit of human ability. So people who say they notice a -3 channeling, -6 channeling, or even 2 x -6% channeling speed difference are really only imagining they see a difference as a placebo effect. They know there is a difference so they percieve it as being different more than they actually see it as different.

-channeling really only matters when its stacked. Without trying for -channeling most of us will end up with 21-36% anyways which is good.
    y unbuffed ;o;

So high. Best way to get that high is by.....refining?

Yes. Refining will account for almost your entire hp amount endgame.
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes. Refining will account for almost your entire hp amount endgame.

What's the best way to go about refining? D: After I get to +3 it's hard to get past it. Sometimes even getting to +3 is a hassle. Even with the blue stone, it fails. Not really sure I want to spend 9m+ just to refine something to +5. ;o;

Edit: The 9m+ coming from using a +5 dragon orb and the orbs to get it to +4.
  • D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur
    D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/516759cd0a310ebb (un-buffed by theway) okay heres my thoughts on this
    I swapped rings to the demon heart ring since he said he stopped doing daily roll call and sold the sheets.
    I swapped the sea captines for the tt90 arms since the +7/8 vit works out at 70/80 hp right
    Included the idea of using swapping r8 pants to the tt90 pants like Aiwana said
    Put a +4 on r8 top and took 5 off mag and put them on vit to get that much closer to 5k hp (4999 b:sad)
    well thats my thoughts on this feel free to agree/disagree.
    :b (my version)
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/516759cd0a310ebb (un-buffed by theway) okay heres my thoughts on this
    I swapped rings to the demon heart ring since he said he stopped doing daily roll call and sold the sheets.
    I swapped the sea captines for the tt90 arms since the +7/8 vit works out at 70/80 hp right
    Included the idea of using swapping r8 pants to the tt90 pants like Aiwana said
    Put a +4 on r8 top and took 5 off mag and put them on vit to get that much closer to 5k hp (4999 b:sad)
    well thats my thoughts on this feel free to agree/disagree.

Crying. I just socketed my Sleeves of Sea Captain. ;(

I didn't get those wristguards, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks XD The ring is kinda eh, but great idea on the wristguards. 8D
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    with the latest expansion pwi gave us the option to get good pve gear, for free!
    the only thing you would need to buy in this set-up would be the necklace.
    http://pwcalc.com/10877f069f11bdb3
    if you don't have the attendance and/or want also a free necklace, then you could alternatively make free oht rings and/or necklace and hope for good adds. i consider refines up to +4 and g7 shards free; you'll get mirages every day from nirvana npc / bh1 reward. and after doing some caster u will swim in g7 shards.

sure surviving emperor in tt3-3 will require lots of skill and even then he might one shot you, but i saw r9 clerics fail there, so don't worry. also this will steel your cleric skills. :D

judging from your "current" gear you like channeling. everyone loves channeling. but you want to survive, not dd. even in caster you won't be able to contribute damage wise. focus on survival / debuffing / supporting with genie skills / support buffs e.g. magic shell for better channeling or more chi depending on your culti. people value good support, even with lower gear - at least i do. a squad with just one heavy-hitter accompanied by a well timed and synced support squad, finishes caster-nirvana faster than a r9 squad that just facerolls. ;)
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    with the latest expansion pwi gave us the option to get good pve gear, for free!
    the only thing you would need to buy in this set-up would be the necklace.
    http://pwcalc.com/10877f069f11bdb3
    if you don't have the attendance and/or want also a free necklace, then you could alternatively make free oht rings and/or necklace and hope for good adds. i consider refines up to +4 and g7 shards free; you'll get mirages every day from nirvana npc / bh1 reward. and after doing some caster u will swim in g7 shards.

sure surviving emperor in tt3-3 will require lots of skill and even then he might one shot you, but i saw r9 clerics fail there, so don't worry. also this will steel your cleric skills. :D

judging from your "current" gear you like channeling. everyone loves channeling. but you want to survive, not dd. even in caster you won't be able to contribute damage wise. focus on survival / debuffing / supporting with genie skills / support buffs e.g. magic shell for better channeling or more chi depending on your culti. people value good support, even with lower gear - at least i do. a squad with just one heavy-hitter accompanied by a well timed and synced support squad, finishes caster-nirvana faster than a r9 squad that just facerolls. ;)

Ohai

Is that gear actually worth getting? D: I was considering it since I'm over 95, but the magic defense is much lower than TT90. o-o The add-on's don't seem that great either.

The necklace is better than the Sky Demon's Pearl. I want...but I haven't seen any in AH lately.

Yeah, I've been noticing that a lot more recently. In a crew, I'm healing and debuffing 95% of the time. Most of the main heals are fast, so channeling doesn't help very much.

A question regarding caster Nirvana, do I need to have like my healing skills at level 11? ;o;

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. :D
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The G15 Morai armor is excellent and completely worth getting imo if you are not planning to do any sort of PvP on or with your cleric. Unfortunately, it is the final stage of a set of armor, so there's no current way to upgrade it and it requires level 101. But hey, it's cheap and very effective for PvE!

EDIT: Here's what you'd have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Since Decus covered the Morai bit...
    The necklace is better than the Sky Demon's Pearl. I want...but I haven't seen any in AH lately.

If you feel like farming/chipping mats, that necklace is the TT90 gold phys necklace. Fortunately, all the materials are in 2-2/2-3, so it's not too expensive if you choose to farm or buy them.