Purple_eyes vs Rinc

Options
upsides
upsides Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Twilight Temple (West)
To the Moderator: It seems that my previous thread had a very broad topic. In this thread I have attempted to narrow down the topic and make the subject more relevant to the forums.
Please let me know if any further modifications of the thread are needed.

Rinc has long been regarded as one of Lost City's best pkers. However, Purple_eyes(Kirby) has shown willingness to 1vs1 Rinc.

Each player is very skilled at handling the Assassin class. In the fight between the two, who would win the majority of the fights, and why?

Video will be posted here.

A poll has also been opened. Please take the time to vote.
Post edited by upsides on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No idea on their gears, tbh. But apparently heard Purple eyes is a 3rd cast R9 sin, so without even considering skill (assuming both are similar skilled), purple_eyes will have the higher odds of winning.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • truthhurtsouch
    truthhurtsouch Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No idea on their gears, tbh. But apparently heard Purple eyes is a 3rd cast R9 sin, so without even considering skill, purple_eyes will have the higher odds of winning.

^ This. Though, Purple_Eyes doesn't have a full recast set (missing weapon?) and not all of the armor pieces are +12 and its not 3rd cast is 2nd cast. Have to also consider the advantage sage sin have over demon, I'd say it would be an interesting fight to see 2 players with "nearly even" odds of winning that are known to be the best of their servers go at it. My vote goes with Purple_Eyes.

So, can both individuals agree to the challenge and set time and place? b:victory
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Oh, well this anonymous forum poll sure settles things b:chuckle
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • upsides
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Oh, well this anonymous forum poll sure settles things b:chuckle

I hope not.

Who do you think is the better player?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    upsides wrote: »
    I hope not.

Who do you think is the better player?

Never seen kirby pk..
  • upsides
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Never seen kirby pk..

Kirby's being rated as player of the year in the Sanctuary thread. Which means he's one of Sanctuary's best players, if not the best.

I'm looking forward to seeing the fight between Kirby and Rinc. I'm very excited. Sanctuary had the guts to bring the fight to Lost City. Does Lost City have the drive to respond? This is a great opportunity.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Kirby's being rated as player of the year in the Sanctuary thread. Which means he's one of Sanctuary's best players, if not the best.

Yeah.. that means absolutely nothing to me.
  • upsides
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yeah.. that means absolutely nothing to me.

That's fine, it doesn't have to mean something.

What's important is the result of the fight, and the context.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    That's fine, it doesn't have to mean something.

What's important is the result of the fight, and the context.

I didn't realize anything about this was important.. my bad.
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options

He looks like a good sin, the thing that impressed me most was the hotkey rolling and hitting immune at the last possible second so many times. That being said, there was an obvious gap between the players in this vid (all of them were at a gear disadvantage, and many of the better geared in the video just suck).. which was obviously at least somewhat made up for in numbers. I wish there was some tourney pk footage or something where you run into some of the better players on LC, there is more of an opportunity to see how he plays. It's like the best player on server could run around killing level 30s, but you'd never be able to tell if they were any good just from the vid (obviously those weren't level 30s in the vid, but you know what I'm saying).
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Same channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkHdXh7rB9Y&list=UU2RPIJiEkrVKqqbpSv-IVvQ&index=1&feature=plcp. Heard Bait is one of the top players in LC, fight was unbuffed vs fully buffed to make up for the gear difference. Should be close to what you asked for I think.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Same channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkHdXh7rB9Y&list=UU2RPIJiEkrVKqqbpSv-IVvQ&index=1&feature=plcp. Heard Bait is one of the top players in LC, fight was unbuffed vs fully buffed to make up for the gear difference. Should be close to what you asked for I think.

OK you're all better than us- we surrenders!b:cute
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bait doesnt have full r9... He was already undergeared comparing to normal r9's and was doing well against them as dph int sage sin... Funny part is that actually purple still gotta 3spark... I think Rinc would do better because of gears - +12 refines, full r9 and jades... though it seems that new r9 makes a huge diff...
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • upsides
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I didn't realize anything about this was important.. my bad.

A player being able to consistently defeat Rinc is not important in your eyes?

I'll be honest with you, you have me very confused. I can't see where you're coming from.
  • Kreize - Lost City
    Kreize - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bait doesnt have full r9... He was already undergeared comparing to normal r9's and was doing well against them as dph int sage sin... Funny part is that actually purple still gotta 3spark... I think Rinc would do better because of gears - +12 refines, full r9 and jades... though it seems that new r9 makes a huge diff...

You`ve obviously not noticed all Rinc does is triple spark in pvp.... herp derp sage gets more chi than demon......
  • uranig
    uranig Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

Bait doesn't have full r9 but with the buffs he was more or less about equal to purples r9 gear, you can tell by looking at the damage dealt and taken. That being said, the fact that purple has to swap around to interval gears makes it so that overall Bait > Purple gear wise. When swapped to interval gears there's no doubt that Bait had the advantage in terms of damage and survivability yet he still lost.

On a side note, it's funny when you think triple sparking is bad in a 1 v 1 sin vs sin. God knows they can't get chi fast enough. God knows the other class can't kill them easily. b:shutup
  • upsides
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So far it seems that the forum is unable to reach a consensus on who would win. If any of you hear of or watch the 1vs1 between Kirby and Rinc, or better yet, manage to record it; please post what you know in this thread.

Kirby, all the luck to you in trying to have a 1vs1 against Rinc. I know you can convince him to 1vs1 you.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So far it seems that the forum is unable to reach a consensus on who would win.

Who you want the forum to agree on? I can make it happen b:pleased
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Who you want the forum to agree on? I can make it happen b:pleased

Make the forum agree that some random level 30 wizards will come out of nowhere and kill them both with an AoE.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Make the forum agree that some random level 30 wizards will come out of nowhere and kill them both with an AoE.

I'm pretty sure that's what would happen. I can't see any other outcome being possible.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    uranig wrote: »
    Bait doesn't have full r9 but with the buffs he was more or less about equal to purples r9 gear, you can tell by looking at the damage dealt and taken. That being said, the fact that purple has to swap around to interval gears makes it so that overall Bait > Purple gear wise. When swapped to interval gears there's no doubt that Bait had the advantage in terms of damage and survivability yet he still lost.

On a side note, it's funny when you think triple sparking is bad in a 1 v 1 sin vs sin. God knows they can't get chi fast enough. God knows the other class can't kill them easily. b:shutup

it shows the weakness actually, as much as I know u can rebuild chi fast. i remember watching rinc vs as. i think was like 9-1 score or smth. the video was split into 7. u could see rinc almost never sparked, yet he lost only once. Buffs help a lil for sure, but still dont make it equal. Prety sure bait is better skilled. maybe they should just go 1 vs 1 using npc gears or both int gears?
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    already offered bait to 1v1 on interval gears self buff, he asked me what my hp was on interval gear, then he said no he gets full buff and I have to go self buff. Bait is trash, cant win with full buff and his deaths were by APS 3 out of the 4 times and you can see from the 1st fight, using full R9 took too long.So how is it that bait being more skilled, dies full buffed to someone that is unbuffed on a magic cube neck also.

As for the ***_***__IN vs rinc stuff, rinc was already max geared with full +12 JOSD g16 +12 pdef cube neck and as. was only R9 + 10/11 maybe 1 or 2 pieces +12, so theres obviously a gear difference. Since As. is now full +12, pretty sure he would beat rinc 1v1
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lol man there is no point arguging with them. Obviously if they dodge, they scared? I've realized this long ago 90% of online communities are dumb. If u told them 'jesus play pwi' they would believe that. The truth is they will never give respect or recognize someone if they are good or yet better. 'rinc is this rinc is that lalalala'. so if rinc is really good he wouldn't be crying about gear difference. In-fact 99% of LC all they do is cry about 'omg gear difference i wont fight lol!'. The fact is u are not good if u can't beat ppl better geared than u. So if y'all 'rinc the bestest player alive' is that good, then why not 1on1 our best player of sanctuary server to prove that he really is the best player. Other wise this is pointless and boring and mega-dodge. b:bye

p/s: stay free LC-Community.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that's what would happen. I can't see any other outcome being possible.

The real dilemma here is whether or not the wiz will drop a sad card on their corpses.
  • zopran0
    zopran0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    cheze!!!!

go 3rdCastR9 with ur sin and solo em both...
    with a 10 Josd bet
  • uranig
    uranig Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    it shows the weakness actually, as much as I know u can rebuild chi fast. i remember watching rinc vs as. i think was like 9-1 score or smth. the video was split into 7. u could see rinc almost never sparked, yet he lost only once. Buffs help a lil for sure, but still dont make it equal. Prety sure bait is better skilled. maybe they should just go 1 vs 1 using npc gears or both int gears?

http://pwcalc.com/1c512036ec0a98e8

purp in interval gears

http://pwcalc.com/db582c106c7e8aa0

Bait in interval gears + buffs

^no contest between who has the advantage

http://pwcalc.com/c75270e4d0dae89f
    purps gear unbuff r9 3rd

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html#charClass=6&level=105&vit=119&mag=16&str=105&dex=625&hp=15309&pdef=6409&mres=8345&deflev=88&opplev=105&oppattlev=73&pdefbuff=0&mresbuff=0&hpbuff=0&pdefgearbuff=0&mresgearbuff=0&hpgearbuff=5&dlevbuff=0&optimalType=0&opppreset=0&buffpreset=2&gemquality=1&calcOptimal=0&numSock=24

Purps survival index unbuff, physical survival index 45630

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html#charClass=6&level=105&vit=84&mag=16&str=104&dex=510&hp=12005&pdef=8338&mres=5819&deflev=35&opplev=105&oppattlev=75&pdefbuff=150&mresbuff=60&hpbuff=35&pdefgearbuff=0&mresgearbuff=0&hpgearbuff=5&dlevbuff=0&optimalType=0&opppreset=0&buffpreset=4&gemquality=1&calcOptimal=0&numSock=24

Bait's Survival index with buffs, physical survival index 63359

Offense wise, purp has 10% more crit.

Bait has way more atk speed.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'd rather see Cheze in full 3rd cast r9 +12 (with the godly stats he can get), with whatever shards and **** them both in a 2v1.

But hey, that's just me. Somebody who got to see Cheze before he made the wizard.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    zopran0 wrote: »
    cheze!!!!

go 3rdCastR9 with ur sin and solo em both...
    with a 10 Josd bet

Seems legit, cheze is probably one of the top 3 most skilled players I've seen across all PWI servers from what I've seen from the videos posted of him fighting players with similar/equal gear. If he had the gear he would probably be the best contender from Lost City. I haven't really watched any videos of Rinc fighting people of similar gear, so I can't really measure his skill.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Seems legit, cheze is probably one of the top 3 most skilled players I've seen across all PWI servers from what I've seen from the videos posted of him fighting players with similar/equal gear. If he had the gear he would probably be the best contender from Lost City. I haven't really watched any videos of Rinc fighting people of similar gear, so I can't really measure his skill.

Hm, not sure how I'd do if I had dph gears on sin, especially since I just came back to playing a month and half ago. If I spent some time to practice I might do ok, but just focusing on playing wiz and earning coins for gear right now.

I've played against both Rinc and ***_*** on aps sin, psy, and wiz, and from my experience Rinc plays very near optimally. ***_*** used to be an average sin before I took a break about half a year ago, but now he has improve significantly. However still behind Rinc a bit. When I used to 1v1 Rinc on cheze, his full r9 +10 josd vs my +11 aps gear, we were very close to tied after 50+ rounds, but that was with skill canceling so I probably would do much worse now since random zc can hit more than my max hp.

From kirby's vid, I can tell he plays very well. Although the part that stood out is the gear switching. If they were to 1v1 though with same gear, it would probably be close to a tie if they ever manage to kill each other.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude