Are Sanctuary pkers better than Lost City pkers?

Options
upsides
upsides Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Twilight Temple (West)
The word around is that Sanctuary pkers are more skilled than Lost City pkers. How much of that, if any, is true?
Post edited by upsides on

Comments

• Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    100% true
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    110% true
  • _Charlex - Harshlands
    _Charlex - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    TBH it don't really matter what server your on ive been on sanctuary and seen people scared of pvp and ive bin on lost and see the same it has to do with if you as a individual pvp and how often and serious you take it and practice. Both servers got good pkers some well known one on each are cheze and TheDan both of them are pretty badass from what ive seen but meh either way when the expansion comes your we will see when we get to do server vs server but either way both will lose some and win some we will see then.

Oh yea i don't think you should expect to much fair answers seeing that most people who will answer would be one sided and bias even thought some of them havn't really been able to actually go to both servers and have a fair fight with everyone that pks on both servers then know for themselves, seeing that watching each other in the videos and talking on forums and actually fighting them for real are 2 different things.
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    what if i already beat those "top players" 1v1 on their server
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lolol b:chuckle so funnyz
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Whirlina - Harshlands
    Whirlina - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Assuming you're talking about PVPing on Purple_eyes (the sin with 3rd R9 armors/ +11-12 APS gear) account, beating two people 1v1 on the best 1v1 class does not make you the best. It simply proves sins are broken as ****. Play a real class and win some 1v1s otherwise go away nerd.
  • uranig
    uranig Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    TBH it don't really matter what server your on ive been on sanctuary and seen people scared of pvp and ive bin on lost and see the same it has to do with if you as a individual pvp and how often and serious you take it and practice. Both servers got good pkers some well known one on each are cheze and TheDan both of them are pretty badass from what ive seen but meh either way when the expansion comes your we will see when we get to do server vs server but either way both will lose some and win some we will see then.

Oh yea i don't think you should expect to much fair answers seeing that most people who will answer would be one sided and bias even thought some of them havn't really been able to actually go to both servers and have a fair fight with everyone that pks on both servers then know for themselves, seeing that watching each other in the videos and talking on forums and actually fighting them for real are 2 different things.

You just said TheDan b:laugh
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    is archer a real class
  • _Asuma - Lost City
    _Asuma - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    what if i already beat those "top players" 1v1 on their server[/QUOTE

then you actually have the answer
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    best would be if we could SvS 'equal' gears 1v1 etc...
    2nd best is video evidence, though not every1 good makes vid n post, wished they did b:sad

personal theory Sanc pk pool is 'elitest/smaller' if you begin pk on sanc you will either 1) quit b/c you get ridiculed (ridiculous amount) for sucking so bad or 2) get good quick. which leads to having fewer failures in pk (sure we have a few)

LC larger pk pool, in general if majority of pkers are fail then LC has a greater amount of fail b:laugh making it more acceptable to be "fail" since is more normal (leading to longer lifespan of 'failures' and a higher ratio of fail), even if there are a few exceptionally good players.

previously LC led the way in terms of genie development. HF BR was common on LC before sanc, occult ice was big on LC before sanc, spark/faith was standard on LC before sanc... in terms of innovation of gameplay having a larger PK pool and more consistent PK led LC to develop prevelant gameplay faster then sanc. ofc some ppl on sanc were using this skills at the same time or perhaps even before but they did not become 'mainstream' until much later then LC.

I dont really feel this to be true any more as 1) theres not much left to develop 2) the game is dieing b:surrender
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • ASS_ASS__IN - Lost City
    ASS_ASS__IN - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Lets just do Server War. Y?Y?Y?
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Pretty sure Sanctuary's top 10/6 pkers will go head to head with Lost City regardless of the "winner". Both sides have great players if not the best of their class, though, as it was stated on previous post, we will have to wait and see in SvS. b:surprised
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    u gotta beat rinc - their best # 1 pker to be better than LC kirby, else it doesn't count even if u beat bait or reckurworld in a fair 1on1.
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    i never even considered the 2 to be good
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    What happened to LC's pride? You guys sound so tame and subdued. This is not even as good as trolling Sanct ****.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • upsides
    edited September 2012
    Options
    what if i already beat those "top players" 1v1 on their server

Who did you beat?
    u gotta beat rinc - their best # 1 pker to be better than LC kirby, else it doesn't count even if u beat bait or reckurworld in a fair 1on1.

Kirby, it looks like your fellow Sanctuary player is challenging you to beat Rinc. Does this mean you haven't been able to defeat him in a 1vs1? Or have you not had a chance to do so yet?
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sanctuary has GoddessNoa, who can pretty much solo all Lost City's top PKers b:chuckle
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    upsides wrote: »
    Who did you beat?

Kirby, it looks like your fellow Sanctuary player is challenging you to beat Rinc. Does this mean you haven't been able to defeat him in a 1vs1? Or have you not had a chance to do so yet?

none of the above.

from what i heard rinc doesn't wanna 1on1 kirby whenever he asked. b:laugh
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    What happened to LC's pride? You guys sound so tame and subdued. This is not even as good as trolling Sanct ****.

Too many troll threads on LC, most of us tend to ignore them now :/
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    already asked LCs pride and joy Rinc to 1v1 several times and all times he refused stating the same thing "sorry i dont 1v1 sins its boring" you tell me what hes trying to say by that
  • Whirlina - Harshlands
    Whirlina - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    umadsheduncareaboutu?
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    already asked LCs pride and joy Rinc to 1v1 several times and all times he refused stating the same thing "sorry i dont 1v1 sins b/c i need to have class advantage and better gears at least" you tell me what hes trying to say by that

thats what he tryna say.
  • Kreize - Lost City
    Kreize - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    already asked LCs pride and joy Rinc to 1v1 several times and all times he refused stating the same thing "sorry i dont 1v1 sins its boring" you tell me what hes trying to say by that

Yo kirby you are using a facking r9 3rd cast sin with same shards as his. OP *** asking for 1v1 lol

Also, we gotta do that server v server.... U_Sasuke gotta try at me see if he can beat me! b:laugh
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    asked him for 1v1 pre 3rd cast, denied 3 times
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

Why would we discuss who is better on a stupid forum? Let's better wait for inter-server pvp to see who is the boss.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    That's not the point. 2 years ago there would have been some pretty strong reactions if a PvE person posted something like that on LC forums. b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Options
    That's not the point. 2 years ago there would have been some pretty strong reactions if a PvE person posted something like that on LC forums. b:chuckle

get used to it after a while, now it's just b:tired
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

pretty sure every1 quit b:chuckle yes I am KING !! of an empty kingdom b:sad
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • upsides
    edited September 2012
    Options

That certainly is strange. I saw 2 videos of him in a 1vs1 against ***_***_IN. Perhaps that means he could be convinced to 1vs1 some way or another.

Besides Rinc though, is there a consensus that you're a better pker than ***_***_IN and AEMsintake?
This discussion has been closed.