Are merchants, scammers?

2»

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Always makes me both laugh and a bit sad at the same time when i see them.
    -Trying to sell tokens of luck as if they are BEST tokens of luck.
    -Accidentally having their price wrong by a factor 10, hoping some is not going to notice.
    -Selling flawless for the price of immaculates
    -Having buy orders for 1 coin
    -Asking millions for eye of the jungle/wildmane mantles hoping someone will not know how common they are and just think its a reasonable price for a great item.
    etc etc.

Makes me happy to see many people keep themselves busy with that. Less competition in the real merchanting bussiness :) Makes me a bit sad though that so many gamers are idiots without morals who want to make money like that :( In the end of course, real merchanting makes millions per day while those losers stand waiting forever for someone to fall for their traps.

Real merchants though i think are usually better opportunities for the buyer than many non-merchant sellers. They know what stuff is worth and try to buy for like 5% less and sell for 5% more. (or as little as 1% with high volume items like tokens and mirages) Not a big deal usually if you need something. Non merchants very often seem to think they have gold in their hands, dont understant the worthlessness of their 2 socketed wrongly-sharded armors and just flood the AH and streets with useless auctions and catshops that wont ever sell. So you better start loving the serious merchant ;)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So you better start loving the serious merchant ;)

I do love them b:cute. They give me great cheap deals when i have the money, no bs. Players who get a few high ticket items, think they are the bomb are the ones to avoid. As a merchant when i go on buying spree i spend 100~500m. I sell that stuff at 1~30% and move on. I often see other shops, selling the same thing at 50~100% profit 2~4 months later, while i have made 2~3 times the profit they have at their price. The sad thing though, it is those big ticket item players that are most vocal in world chat.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A guy today on HL forgot to put a 0 to his price and sold 3rd recast lunar claw 32m beside 320m.... that guy should cry. (tbh i don't understand why he didn't check his price 2 time before set shop)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When you make a generalization in the form of a question, the answer is always no.

bump for spam freedom
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm kinda in a rush so I only read first few replies, but if I understood correct the person was convincing him the item is worth less then it actually was and then buy it for cheap from alt. It was a PC at first, not "low offer". So I say this is scam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Humm people taking advantage of ignorance, Perfect world indeed, just like in the real world
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That reminds me of this one time I got this rare stone, and decided to sell it on WC. The pm's I got really pissed me off since what I was selling was worth around 90m. I had idiots trying to buy it from me for 47m-55m. Then someone asked to buy it from me for 76m and I finally ended up selling it. Damn, looking back on that day, it pains me to see how cheap people really are in this game. And that stone I believe was for R9... I think.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think the better question here is... are idiots scamees?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Theoclese - Harshlands
    Theoclese - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I suppose I am a different kind of monster. I farm, then sell, but I can farm rather quickly so no biggie. Things that sell fast and I know it (been doing this and have shop in the same place for 2 + yrs) go in my shop. I have the lowest prices in town and people know this, so I sell out rather quickly, probably to other merchants. Stuff that does not sell so good, goes strait to AH where it gets regurgitated till it goes.

Cool thing is, and by just me saying this you can guess what my market is, I set my prices for the last time ( tokens were roughly 9k) and have not budged since. Even though there are times I look in AH and see something listed at sometimes 2x the price I charge, I still keep them at what people like to call "2x drop prices" as a matter of fact if you are part of the harshlands server and have not frequented my shop on at least 2 occasions you are a serious noob. lol :P

But yes, we farmers and merchants def live off of peoples laziness. I do anyway. But never would I live off ignorance. I always sell at a lower value than worth becuase I do not buy, I cut that part out and acquire mine from playing the game.