Count to 20000

Options

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It's good entertaining movie but not great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I liked the lady in Despicable me 2
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hmm then what movie should I see next? xD

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hmm then what movie should I see next? xD

all of the pokemon movies in sequential order.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Gonna start watching attack on titan today o_o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • krisnda
    edited July 2013
    Options

Gonna start watching attack on titan today o_o

DO IT!!!

ITS AWESOME!!!!!!

Sweetiebot show me a Titan.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Options

I mean in theaters xD

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

Sweetiebot show me a Titan.
    Sure, no problem.

gakRESs.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    DO IT!!!

ITS AWESOME!!!!!!

I watched 3 episodes so far and I'm planning to watch the whole thing (unless I lose interest of course).

The animation is excellent, the backgrounds are beautiful, the concept is weird but it works and the whole atmosphere really draws you in. I love it.

..but...

..they just had to use the cliche male future hero protagonist..that ruins the whole thing for me :/ I mean it's so predictable to me that it's not even funny.

I like Mikasa though, interesting character. I'll watch it for her sake at least because I do want to see how she develops. Also, that potato girl seemed funny but I felt like the comic relief they tried to pull off with her didn't work at all, at least not in these 3 episodes I've seen so far. It's a little early to judge it of course but I really can't stand Eren x.x
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Does anyone like "Olympus Has Fallen"? Plot is ridiculous but the fighting is sooooo awesome.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • krisnda
    edited July 2013
    Options

I watched 3 episodes so far and I'm planning to watch the whole thing (unless I lose interest of course).

The animation is excellent, the backgrounds are beautiful, the concept is weird but it works and the whole atmosphere really draws you in. I love it.

..but...

..they just had to use the cliche male future hero protagonist..that ruins the whole thing for me :/ I mean it's so predictable to me that it's not even funny.

I like Mikasa though, interesting character. I'll watch it for her sake at least because I do want to see how she develops. Also, that potato girl seemed funny but I felt like the comic relief they tried to pull off with her didn't work at all, at least not in these 3 episodes I've seen so far. It's a little early to judge it of course but I really can't stand Eren x.x
    What do you mean by this? (not saying anything, just asking :3)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    What do you mean by this? (not saying anything, just asking :3)

It's the male protagonist archetype they tend to use in shonen manga stories (that is transfered over to the anime since it's an adaptation).

These type of characters almost always have a traumatic experience in their past that gives them great will and determination to accomplish something.
    They are usually the "idiot hero", the one who doesn't think much or just the one to fail at what his friends manage to accomplish (see that episode where Eren failed the balance thing) but in the end he somehow manages to surpass everyone else.

That usually develops into the protagonist acquiring super powers at some point or discovering some hidden talent.

The thing is that I've seen this type of character so much that it's predictable and dull to me (usually these characters are too focused on their goal that they have almost no other qualities).

I don't know how Eren develops of course..but yeah @.@ not too impressed.
  • krisnda
    edited July 2013
    Options

It's the male protagonist archetype they tend to use in shonen manga stories (that is transfered over to the anime since it's an adaptation).

These type of characters almost always have a traumatic experience in their past that gives them great will and determination to accomplish something.
    They are usually the "idiot hero", the one who doesn't think much or just the one to fail at what his friends manage to accomplish (see that episode where Eren failed the balance thing) but in the end he somehow manages to surpass everyone else.

That usually develops into the protagonist acquiring super powers at some point or discovering some hidden talent.

The thing is that I've seen this type of character so much that it's predictable and dull to me (usually these characters are too focused on their goal that they have almost no other qualities).

I don't know how Eren develops of course..but yeah @.@ not too impressed.

Ohhh, so in short, Naruto.

But given that, it still seems interesting enough (and dramatic) to keep interest :3.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ohhh, so in short, Naruto.

But given that, it still seems interesting enough (and dramatic) to keep interest :3.

Mhm and if anything, I'm gonna screenshot all those epic backgrounds b:dirty

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options

Eh. I can't say much without spoiling because I've also read the manga which is MUCH further ahead right now. In some ways you're kinda right about Eren but other ways not really. Especially after some future events (beyond even where the anime is at currently) come into play for you to understand what I mean.

That said, even if you read the manga the anime is worth it purely for the visual and audio quality. Somehow it managed to get me pumped up about a scene I'd already read that literally boiled down to carrying a rock from point A to point B.

Edit: Oh wow. One digit away from the right number. Random number generator stop scaring me! Dx
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

!!
    --Kossy.....
    *hugs Kossy's paw*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Options

Never heard of it. o.o

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hi, Ven~ :3
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Options

You could count right once ina while Kossy >>

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

Hi, Ven~ :3
    :3!!!! *hugs* *snuggles into*
    *clings to* Stop disappearing for forever D:!!! When will you be stable-y back??
    sdngaog D:!!! --*gets a headache* Argh...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    7373 <- lol

Yeah, hence I said I don't know how Eren develops but so far it just disappointed so much (and most characters did, really) which was a huge turn off to me but I'll keep watching it regardless.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Options

It's a very typical archetype in manga. Sometimes they mange to redeem it, but way too many protagonists start out as the idiot hero. It's right up there with Tsudenere.

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options

It's a very typical archetype in manga. Sometimes they mange to redeem it, but way too many protagonists start out as the idiot hero. It's right up there with Tsudenere.

Ahh, Tsundere..that's another painful story lol. I don't mind it as much but it's still quite annoying.

I mean, these type of archetypes are fun and all but they are just way too overused to the point that a lot of characters are just too much alike and become predictable and dull. b:surrender

It's the same with the whole "the choosen one" scenario. Avatar The Last Airbender pulled it off damn well though.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Options

Yeah, for sure. Sometimes it's pulled off really well, and sometimes you just can't help but facepalm. The idiot hero thing is so popular nowadays. A certain anime about zombies that I won't discuss here was too over the top with it's fanservice, which was really disappointing to me because it was nice to see a protagonist that had his stuff together and wasn't just some moron. >> But I just couldn't make it through all the fanservice, it was way way way too much. Shame. I blame Goku.

• skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Mehh, the 'idiot hero' and other cliches don't bother me that much. I try to read/watch a story for the story and as long as it keeps me interested... well then I'm good and have no complaints.

Well, I guess if there is one cliche that does annoy me it would be "the psychotic/insane killer" characters...

Continues to ramble on in silent... >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options

Yeah, it's just that when you have one cliche/stereotype thing that bothers you and it is on the main character too...it really makes watching it annoying x.x I'm still watching it though, on episode 7 now.
  • krisnda
    edited July 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

Eh. I can't say much without spoiling because I've also read the manga which is MUCH further ahead right now. In some ways you're kinda right about Eren but other ways not really. Especially after some future events (beyond even where the anime is at currently) come into play for you to understand what I mean.

That said, even if you read the manga the anime is worth it purely for the visual and audio quality. Somehow it managed to get me pumped up about a scene I'd already read that literally boiled down to carrying a rock from point A to point B.

Edit: Oh wow. One digit away from the right number. Random number generator stop scaring me! Dx
    Ikr?!
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

So I was watching the 2nd episode of "Kimi no iru Machi" cause I like the manga and suddenly I realized the voice actor who plays the main protagonist sounded familiar. Thought he may have played Takumi Fujiwara from Initial D (one of my favorite series btw) so I looked up the cast list and turns out I was wrong... he actually plays Reiner Braun from Attack on Titans.

Well, this somehow got me looking to see what the other cast members did. Turns out there are two other members who also had roles in Attack on Titan (one was Ymir the other is Erwin). Also, more importantly for me, is that I found out one cast member played Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier and another played Ranka Lee from the same series (note: those 2 characters were the main female protagonists in Macross Frontier... which is why I find it cool). Add in that other cast members had roles in other series that I enjoyed such as 11eyes, IdolM@ster, Kampfer, Chihayafuru, Gundam 00, Kakumeiki Valvrave, and etc...

makes me think that Kimi no iru Machi has a pretty cool cast list... for me at least
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options

I'm on episode 11 of Attack on Titan now. I gotta say it's become pretty good but I'm still not convinced by Eren f:sweat I'm liking the side/secondary characters though (and of course, Mikasa f:hehe ). Hope I didn't offend anyone who likes Eren by the way, just throwing my own opinion here xD