Count to 20000

Options

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

What are you guys talking about? Death Note was wonderful all the way up to the end. Sure, it was a tragic end how everyone's favorite character died, but I think it was supposed to be a sad ending.

And I know that they ended the series at that death so stop acting as if it continued into some terrible shadow of the greatness it was once that death happened. Sure we can theorize about silly things like a pair of wannabes taking the place of our beloved character or the guy responsible for that death getting killed off in the future after a plan gets screwed over, but that's for the fanfic writers to deal with!

It's not about that the characters died
    It's that it totally sucked after that just so happened to happen because those that were newily introduced characters were terrible like I seriousily can't remember anything about them they didn't even make an impression, and the leftover characters started acting really dumb, or were already dumb, and it was just.
    OTL We're allowed to stop liking a series at a point where it just legitimateily turnt bad. Series do that.

Good, Krissy >:3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options

Like I said, I do not recall the series continuing after that death. That is my headcanon and I'm sticking to it!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options

It's not about that the characters died
    It's that it totally sucked after that just so happened to happen because those that were newily introduced characters were terrible like I seriousily can't remember anything about them they didn't even make an impression, and the leftover characters started acting really dumb, or were already dumb, and it was just.
    OTL We're allowed to stop liking a series at a point where it just legitimateily turnt bad. Series do that.

Good, Krissy >:3

This. The new characters were stupid and were just shadows of the greatness that was the first one. They even divvyed up some of his personality traits, like his incessant eating of candies versus the new guys eating of chocolate. the other characters started acting off as well. It's as if the writer was scared to have the bad guy win, but had written himself into a whole in which the guy who died couldn't have lived and won once certain events happened. And rather than give us what would have a been more satisfying, albeit dark ending, in which sometimes evil prevails or exploring what it would be like once he ran roughshod out in the open. They just introduced old guy 2.0 and 3.0 and it was just really stupid. And the female MC didn't even get a proper ending, when asked why the author admitted he didn't know how to write it! I'd of rather he explored other things than detective versus bad guy, or actually had the balls to write evil wins, than to go with the terrible way he went about it. >:P I did lookup some of what happened but then didn't read it. In my own FANON, it never happened. >> The series ended with the guy who got written off, and even though that means evil prevailed and that's kind of a bummer ending, I think it's better than what the series turned into.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options

What are you guys talking about? Death Note was wonderful all the way up to the end. Sure, it was a tragic end how everyone's favorite character died, but I think it was supposed to be a sad ending.

And I know that they ended the series at that death so stop acting as if it continued into some terrible shadow of the greatness it was once that death happened. Sure we can theorize about silly things like a pair of wannabes taking the place of our beloved character or the guy responsible for that death getting killed off in the future after a plan gets screwed over, but that's for the fanfic writers to deal with!

It wasn't a sad ending if you look at it. L knew he was going to die, but he caught Light still in the end, they both met in the afterlife and L was probably laughing in his face xD.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    It wasn't a sad ending if you look at it. L knew he was going to die, but he caught Light still in the end, they both met in the afterlife and L was probably laughing in his face xD.

Well, I was trying to avoid spoilers ya know. >> And there is no afterlife for Light, right? He's nothing now. Don't tell me that changed that too?

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options

This. The new characters were stupid and were just shadows of the greatness that was the first one. They even divvyed up some of his personality traits, like his incessant eating of candies versus the new guys eating of chocolate. the other characters started acting off as well. It's as if the writer was scared to have the bad guy win, but had written himself into a whole in which the guy who died couldn't have lived and won once certain events happened. And rather than give us what would have a been more satisfying, albeit dark ending, in which sometimes evil prevails or exploring what it would be like once he ran roughshod at the open. They just introduced old guy 2.0 and 3.0 and it was just really stupid. And the female MC didn't even get a proper ending, when asked why the author admitted he didn't know how to write it! I'd of rather he explored other things than detective versus bad guy, or actually had the balls to write evil wins, than to go with the terrible way he went about it. >:P I did lookup some of what happened but then didn't read it. In my own FANON, it never happened. >> The series ended with the guy who got written off, and even though that means evil prevailed and that's kind of a bummer ending, I think it's better than what the series turned into.

Hehe
    My mental comment after my post was 'Venu can explain it better than I can, just wait for her' and you did not fail meeeee x3!

But yeah...... I don't really think the psycho book-killer who was trying to become a god, which isn't 'really' something you're supposed to try and do especially when you're only a teenager, dying was a 'sad' ending....
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited July 2013
    Options

Well, I was trying to avoid spoilers ya know. >> And there is no afterlife for Light, right? He's nothing now. Don't tell me that changed that too?

Eh, it came out like long ago, I don't feel bad xDD and yea your right, they dont go to heaven or hell.
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Death Note is probably my 3rd favorite anime of all time, because of how lame the official ending was, and Misa Misa. Bleach Up until the end of the first Soul Society Arc is #2, ignoring what comes after, and Code Geass is #1

Do yourselves a favor and go watch itb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options

Gecko you're doing it wrong. Allow me to fix it.

Sweetiebot show me Lelouch vi britannia commands you!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sweetiebot show me Lelouch vi britannia commands you!
    Sure, no problem.

h0MngsN.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That's one nasty case of pink eye....
  • krisnda
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Nothing beats cats.

SweetieBot Show me Baron Humbert von Gikkingen!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited July 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot Show me Baron Humbert von Gikkingen!
    Sure, no problem.

JdUqk6s.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well, I am still learning/re-learning forum codes so I dunno if I'll do this right but...

SweetieBot show me a SV-51 Variable Fighter

While I did quite enjoy Code Geass... the Macross series is my favorite mecha anime...

Also, 7277
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited July 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot show me a SV-51 Variable Fighter
    Sure, no problem.

HzSNUIx.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Options

Oh geass is a mecha anime?

• Synsae - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options

Well, there is mecha in Code Geass but I would say they're lightly used? I would say they're kinda there to help show the advanced technology of the world in Code Geass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

I should finished watch Code Geass at some point but they recently released a new Rozen Maiden anime.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a re-make that is closer to the manga's plot or some sort of contiuation though. I haven't managed to figure out yet, only two episodes out so far and I'm rather confused.

The general animation doesn't seem greatly improved but the designs are better, look more refined (Suiginto looks like a real cutie now and Jun has..more natural hair) and they even feature Kirakishou and the attack animation actually look much nicer (in addition to Suigito's wings).

I used to be a big fan of Rozen Maiden when I first watched it xD It's a really well done story. I'll probably read the manga now though since I never actually did.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ah Kossy, Well played.

Also Venus, Code Geass does have Mecha's, but it isn't the focus of the anime at all. Code Geass seems to pull from several genres, but it merges together into a wonderful rainbow of excellence. The Knightmares just act as somewhat futuristic military equipment, and while most of the plain action is carried out through them, the other things in the anime make it shine. I just finished watching FMA Brotherhood, not sure why I never watched it before.... I loved the original series up until plot branched way off course, and I read the manga twice a few years ago. FMA Brotherhood was really well done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited July 2013
    Options
    FMA Brotherhood was better than the other one imo.

I need another anime to watch, I'm caught up with Hunter X Hunter, Attack on Titan and I've finished Future Diary (that was just crazy xD).
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options

I'm kinda in the same boat of needing another anime series to watch as I am also caught up on Attack on Titan and the other series I picked up over the spring have already finished. Well, I do have the 2nd episode of the newest Monogatari series to watch... but I want to savor watching that episode a bit longer. Also got a few bookmarked that I am thinking of picking up but I'm not too sure if I'll enjoy them. Okay, I'm rambling now... aren't I?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Options

>> Tests rotating sig.

• krisnda
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Lil' slow here around these here forums...
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Krissy :3
    Yeah, the numbered-nonsense thread hasn't gotten too much attention today...
    Venu, your signature doesn't have an image right now o-o
  • krisnda
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Krissy :3
    Yeah, the numbered-nonsense thread hasn't gotten too much attention today...
    Venu, your signature doesn't have an image right now o-o

Havent really seen much action on the forums at all to be honest, and I'm "always" watching. And no, I don't mean threads that ask for help, or threads that QQ about things like NW, new Veno Pets and what other server faction drama, but threads like this one, threads on the fanatics forum and such. Eh, idk.

Listening to Flyleaf's new album, needed something different for a change lol, was listening to dubstep for a while (yea, sue me -_-, I'm a black cat).

Lol Venee, it looks like she has one here :?
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options

Yeah, it's been quiet. I've been watching sports and the latest Attack on Titan and Monotagari episodes. Then was busy in NW.

Well, anyways...

SweetieBot show me a Sun Conure please

What? I like birds...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Havent really seen much action on the forums at all to be honest, and I'm "always" watching. And no, I don't mean threads that ask for help, or threads that QQ about things like NW, new Veno Pets and what other server faction drama, but threads like this one, threads on the fanatics forum and such. Eh, idk.

Listening to Flyleaf's new album, needed something different for a change lol, was listening to dubstep for a while (yea, sue me -_-, I'm a black cat).

Lol Venee, it looks like she has one here :?

But the veno pets discussions are awesome >: They're like half the whole reason I come here. --I mean, what?
    And yeah, I guess I kinda see what you're talking about.... refresh times for me are becoming longer and resulting in less bolded topics on the 'Today's Post' list.

I've had this one song I've been listening to a bunch which... normally I don't like its style of song at all, but something about this one is kinda neat. And also it has pokemon on the video :3
    Also some german albums 'cause Desdi uses awesome songs for harpy videos D:
    Luckily those german songs all have 'full albums' uploaded in one video, because.... every time I load a new video it tells me my flash player is too old, so YouTube playlists don't work for me anymore (unless I want to tab into the window to click on the video to play it anyway every time) unless I export the mp3 from it to put in Media Player and Iiiiiii don't want to be bothered.

Hnnn, maybe it's just on my end that she doesn't, then....
    Edits:: Oh, she has one now :3
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited July 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot show me a Sun Conure please
    Sure, no problem.

g0RNvBu.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sure, no problem.

g0RNvBu.jpg

Oh, that's cute....
    :3