Server war.

Options
Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
Kane_lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Etherblade (West)
Okay, Let me explain this thread a bit and how it started. Me and my friends were talking about the Server wars that might come to us. We all had fun with it so i wanted to see what you all could come up with. The main point i want you all to think of is squads in Server War. If karma,GDz,Rad,xWaRx and the rest of them all went into this server war, Who would you want in the Main HT War squad. my Idea of the best squad would be,

Sano/ALpha/BEASTisBOSS/Bez/Mastima/KingThis/Scrubby/Pedro/OpalAsh/Jenguin.

That is from what i gathered most experienced pking members. What can you all come up with?

Please avoid trolling.
Post edited by Kane_lust - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You asked people to avoid trolling with the word "please" however since it's not a rule:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL KingThis
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    good luck making that squad. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Should explain us what servers wars is.

And i'd pick a squad that already worked a lot together in the past. Not just randomly throw in people who pk a lot. And you also need to know how they play, their style etc.

That list could definitely be better if you take out a few people, and add a 2nd cleric to it.

If we're talking about 80 people server wars. I'd say revive trolololo. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Please remember this is a what if game. Not like these people would actually work together. Now stay on topic. and if you look around in General discussion and look for the forum PWI Rise of dynasty its mentioned about Inter server Wars coming to us.

Also if you think some people need taken out, who? And need a second cleric, Who? Build the best squad I'm talking 10 best player of the server, Not full 80.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Just because you like me to give a list of who i think is best, doesn't mean i will.

Anyways, there's enough people for each class that could qualify. And i can't possibly make a list of that. I'd put a 2nd cleric in though because one can't cover all other 9 at once.

And looked for this server wars things, but couldn't find it. Gimme a link b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Alphanei - Heavens Tear
    Alphanei - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    10 man squad? Assuming single death situation and no rezzing:

1. Barb
    2. Barb
    3. Barb
    4. Barb
    5. BM
    6. BM
    7. Cleric
    8. Cleric
    9. Veno
    10. Veno/Barb

How can this squad die? Seriously??? Even if those classes get purged, their survival skills are good enough to live until rebuffed and the squad has almost full buffs doubled up. Also with that many barbs, there's no way one won't zerk cri his arma if another is being pressured. And bms are there to cc/HF to make arma's look prettier.

Inb4Alpha's finally lost it.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The real question is how many of them are still left after they also implement server transfers to go along with it.

The main reason they didn't make server transfers possible yet is because PWE lacks the infrastructure to do so. They either acquire it to make server wars (and transfers) possible, or we get neither of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The main reason they didn't make server transfers possible yet is because PWE lacks the infrastructure to do so. They either acquire it to make server wars (and transfers) possible, or we get neither of them.

Not sure either if they will implement it, however, wasn't this the way to "farm" materials for Lv. 9 tomes? If so, we would need compensation, that will take an additional 3 months minimum.

If we do get server transfers, then you can say "**** this, I'm off to LC or HL."

As far as teaming players up, we don't even know how it's ran, it could be squad v. squad, or 80 v. 80. or something else. I assume it is essentially TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Options
    From what i have gathered from other websites there is a Fort/Campsite that players will be placed in depending on what Region you choose, White/Black/green/red Forts. If you want more information on the real update to come here is a nice link to get you started.

http://forum.pw.das7002.info/general-discussion/

Click on the first link [1.4.6] New PW Expansion (PWCN: Rise of Dynasty) And enjoy.

How things are done from what i have read you will not pick teams for the Wars thous meaning people Who hate each other can be placed in squads anyways.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ok the server that loses,perfect world entertainment has to take it offline..how bout that?
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • PedroSner - Heavens Tear
    PedroSner - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Honestly i am quiete curious to see this server war, either when it will come out , and how it will work.

Also i believe a squad where people work together (all of them), starting with the fact they know each other's play-style, etc, would be way more efficient then putting up a few people (no matter how well geared/skilled they can or not be), that have never worked together in the past.
    Actually if you look at it, some of those names can't really stand each others i believe? I Personally with not squad with 2 people that are in there, and i guess i can honestly say that every name in that squad, got someone there who they would remove.

However, this ain't TW, this isn't a 'Friends party' , so the 'Reviving' Trololol, or making only GD/Karma players, isn't the brightest idea. Not only those factions have good players.
    You can have multiple squads (on each one yes, you will put people who worked actually together before, no matter what current faction they can be).

Anyway, i also believe this PVP server thing, should not be based on a single squad, but i would guess at least 80 players? That sure would be way more interesting..

Guess i'll expect for any update on the forums ...So if anyone has any news about it , please keep us informed b:cuteb:chuckle
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lol...

I'm sorry but you are putting too much stress on "put together people who work well together". If a player knows his/her class it won't matter who they squad with, that's what being good at your class means.
    Being good also means being able to not act like a child, and focus on playing your toon and not bother on wether you like or not your squad members, if you can't do that, then you're fail, because you base your behavior on feelings rather than on skill.

It'd be nice if the server wars worked kinda like COA, with people getting thrown randomly into different instances and forced to organise and cooperate to win. But that's just my opinion :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lol...

I'm sorry but you are putting too much stress on "put together people who work well together". If a player knows his/her class it won't matter who they squad with, that's what being good at your class means.
    Being good also means being able to not act like a child, and focus on playing your toon and not bother on wether you like or not your squad members, if you can't do that, then you're fail, because you base your behavior on feelings rather than on skill.

It'd be nice if the server wars worked kinda like COA, with people getting thrown randomly into different instances and forced to organise and cooperate to win. But that's just my opinion :P

Maybe some of those people are, maybe not. Everyone who has any experience on PVP aspects (no matter how small that experience might be) will realize that having a team that works well for long time, and eventually they do work good, is way more efficient then a group of people that never worked together. That doesn't mean others can't work decently well together, just means it won't be that good, not even if you would pick the "best players" ( if you can classify someone like that) of each class/race like some people might have suggested / named, won't be ever has good, has having a team that worked together before, and know each other's play-style.

If you would have any PVP experience, you would, probably, realize that.

Anyway, looking foward for more news/updates on the subject from PWI ...Guess they might do/release something interesting ...
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    7 R9 +12 Archers
    1 Cleric
    1 BM
    1 Barb

^ Win Squad Right here.

Gl touching that squad.

Oh maybe replace one with a veno for bramble since it'll be an instance so bramble will just **** the useless sins.

Gael
    Mastema
    Chief
    Kawaii
    thehate
    Sharp
    Nover / replace with a veno : Lionessx or jenguin
    Alpha
    Sano
    BiB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Maybe some of those people are, maybe not. Everyone who has any experience on PVP aspects (no matter how small that experience might be) will realize that having a team that works well for long time, and eventually they do work good, is way more efficient then a group of people that never worked together. That doesn't mean others can't work decently well together, just means it won't be that good, not even if you would pick the "best players" ( if you can classify someone like that) of each class/race like some people might have suggested / named, won't be ever has good, has having a team that worked together before, and know each other's play-style.

If you would have any PVP experience, you would, probably, realize that.

Anyway, looking foward for more news/updates on the subject from PWI ...Guess they might do/release something interesting ...

dear Pedro, I have only one thing to say to you, and that is that pwi is NOT the only mmo in the world, and only because I do not bother with the ridiculously childishly lousy pk scene in HT it doesn't mean I never involved in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
    edited September 2012
    Options
    7 R9 +12 Archers
    1 Cleric
    1 BM
    1 Barb

^ Win Squad Right here.

Gl touching that squad.

Oh maybe replace one with a veno for bramble since it'll be an instance so bramble will just **** the useless sins.

Gael
    Mastema
    Chief
    Kawaii
    thehate
    Sharp
    Nover / replace with a veno : Lionessx or jenguin
    Alpha
    Sano
    BiB

best squad is

1. Kossu
    2. doesn't matter
    3. doesn't matter
    4. doesn't matter
    5. doesn't matter
    6. doesn't matter
    7. doesn't matter
    8. doesn't matter
    9. doesn't matter
    10.doesn't matter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Btw kossu wouldn't use/need bramble.
    edited September 2012
    Options
    dear Pedro, I have only one thing to say to you, and that is that pwi is NOT the only mmo in the world, and only because I do not bother with the ridiculously childishly lousy pk scene in HT it doesn't mean I never involved in pvp.

I'm sure you do care enough, till the point you are in this thread making comments.
    You might have been once or twice involved on something , that's about it.

Anyways, waiting on updates about this subject b:bye
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    actually now I think about it...

Swifties Warsoul army shall defeat all servers!

and pedro **** your annoying as hell god your worse then hojukunt and stupidonion.

go lose another 15min tw to people with real skill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lol...

On the contrary, people who have played with others for some time will know how the other person plays and in the case of PWI some people will know when their squad mates will use skills such as HF, frenzy, arma etc etc. That alone adds to the skill factor and the fact that people who know each other will work better together. You can have the best skilled people in the game but if they don't know how to co-ordinate with each other then nothing good will come of it. Fortunately the best skilled people on this server already work together. b:chuckle

Fact is, people who know each other will almost always put out a better squad as compared to being put with randoms.
    edited September 2012
    Options
    actually now I think about it...

Swifties Warsoul army shall defeat all servers!

and pedro **** your annoying as hell god your worse then hojukunt and stupidonion.

go lose another 15min tw to people with real skill

BRB, making a no name char to post b:bye
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    BRB, making a no name char to post b:bye

Would it matter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    On the contrary, people who have played with others for some time will know how the other person plays and in the case of PWI some people will know when their squad mates will use skills such as HF, frenzy, arma etc etc. That alone adds to the skill factor and the fact that people who know each other will work better together. You can have the best skilled people in the game but if they don't know how to co-ordinate with each other then nothing good will come of it. Fortunately the best skilled people on this server already work together. b:chuckle

Fact is, people who know each other will almost always put out a better squad as compared to being put with randoms.

I agree with Evanera on this one...Knowing what your team does, and when they are going to so , particular things like you mentioned (HF , Frenzy, etc) , make a massive difference in my opinion.

Doesn't really worth anything putting 10 full r9+12 players , when they won't work like a team.
    That in my opinion, will actually be 50% of the work ..Just my opinion about it ...
    edited September 2012
    Options

Doesn't really worth anything putting 10 full r9+12 players , when they won't work like a team.

ikr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF0fBELt3Dg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options

However on those players, i can't really find 5 that you would be able to beat in a 1vs1 lol...
    Either that be due to the fact you spend more time on a forum then actually , doing anything else :p

P.S.: My words were already supported by your 'friends' or ex guildies (how you prefer to call them), by considering you 'useless' a few times in WC ...lol ...Words those who came from the same people on your guild ...Must be a nice atmosphere arround there b:chuckle
    edited September 2012
    Options
    However on those players, i can't really find 5 that you would be able to beat in a 1vs1 lol...
    Either that be due to the fact you spend more time on a forum then actually , doing anything else :p

P.S.: My words were already supported by your 'friends' or ex guildies (how you prefer to call them), by considering you 'useless' a few times in WC ...lol ...Words those who came from the same people on your guild ...Must be a nice atmosphere arround there b:chuckle

i thought we we're talking about teamwork, not "1v1 me, bro"
    maybe thats why you failed so hard at tw, cause you dont know teamwork.
    im quite certain that a seeker with ~$5000 in gear could easily 1v1 a veno with ~$600 in gear. whats your point?

idk what your PS is all about. i fixed the color for you though b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    i thought we we're talking about teamwork, not "1v1 me, bro"
    maybe thats why you failed so hard at tw, cause you dont know teamwork.
    im quite certain that a seeker with ~$5000 in gear could easily 1v1 a veno with ~$600 in gear. whats your point?

idk what your PS is all about. i fixed the color for you though b:cute

My point was that you speak so much , when your like ..Useless ?lol ...
    And not everyone in GoldDigrz has similar gear to mine, so if you learn how to read, you would realize i didn't mentioned myself, i did mentioned , i could count maybe 5 people you would be able to do anything ...

I already know the Story trololol is the top of the top, however you need to break apart 4 factions to fight one lol, does this say enough ?You needed arround 70 r9 players, with mass gear, to fight , maybe 45 that have r9 ... So unless you will bring Trololol back, witch would be fun to see now, just don't try and sound like you did anything there. Clearly you didn't lol.

You can fix all the spellings or colours you want, cause all you actually can do, it's trolling lol .. Good to see many people still 'worried' with how much money i spend on the game, if i do it, it's cause maybe i have the money , just pointing that out b:chuckle
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2012
    Options

Sasha is right, why did you try bringing *lol you suck at 1v1s* in a team work conversation? Feeling a bit insecure I think?

Besides, the fact that you're trying to use that on a heavy armor support veno is even funnier. I guess it shows exactly why GD is so bad at TW though. b:chuckle

You were doing so good with not posting anything stupid. Streak ended though :(
    edited September 2012
    Options
    My point was that you speak so much , when your like ..Useless ?lol ...
    And not everyone in GoldDigrz has similar gear to mine, so if you learn how to read, you would realize i didn't mentioned myself, i did mentioned , i could count maybe 5 people you would be able to do anything ...

I already know the Story trololol is the top of the top, however you need to break apart 4 factions to fight one lol, does this say enough ?You needed arround 70 r9 players, with mass gear, to fight , maybe 45 that have r9 ... So unless you will bring Trololol back, witch would be fun to see now, just don't try and sound like you did anything there. Clearly you didn't lol.

You can fix all the spellings or colours you want, cause all you actually can do, it's trolling lol .. Good to see many people still 'worried' with how much money i spend on the game, if i do it, it's cause maybe i have the money , just pointing that out b:chuckle

i dont care how much anyone spends, but when they spend they are buying power. if you wallet is bigger than mine, i cant outbid you.

you seem pretty well versed in my contributions, didnt really notice any of yours, you probably left the instance too fast.

you arent getting a christmas card from me this year b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sasha is right, why did you try bringing *lol you suck at 1v1s* in a team work conversation? Feeling a bit insecure I think?

Besides, the fact that you're trying to use that on a heavy armor support veno is even funnier. I guess it shows exactly why GD is so bad at TW though. b:chuckle

You were doing so good with not posting anything stupid. Streak ended though :(

Evanera, you just like Sasha, 95 % what you say is troling ...Cause i agree with one sentence, doesn't mean, you are on any better position to be honest.
    If you actually know how to read, you will realize, that was Sasha who started the trolling.
    Maybe some of you are mad, that the only way you get to do anything on this game, is planing if for months, and taking people from 4 factions to fight one lol...Like i said, you mention so much Trolol, bring it back, not like you guys are on Thaiti anyway ...
    The thread was mainly about a PVP Server vs Server, till someone who doesn't even saw his name mentioned, start trolling ...Maybe he is mad lol ..b:victory