A plan to fight spammers.

Options
MagicEmpress - Lost City
MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Make it so anyone with under 100 posts can only start one thread per forum per day.
And cap all to two per forum per day.

Who needs to start more than two threads a day? b:surrender
Post edited by MagicEmpress - Lost City on

Comments

• _Rewolf_ - Lost City
    _Rewolf_ - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Nice plan xD means to spam they got to dedicate themselves to the forums.
    IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey Rewolf, Congrats on 104.
    I'm 83% to 103.
    If only I could get PV more consistently I'd have been 103 by now.
    b:victory
  • _Rewolf_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    pretty funny as soon as this post was put up 4 more spamming threads was created. xD guess *bump* is in order.
    IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP IMA BAD BISHOP
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • _Rewolf_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol im at 51.3% to 105 and im not doing PV im just doing frosts. but going to start doing PV in a few days.

but congrats BTW.
  • _Rewolf_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I can't stop laughing at how vulnerable PW is.

i know. this is the first time i been back on the pw forums since my toon killerchef from sanctuary was laid to rest to begin life anew on lost city, and its full of all this ****, i've seen the same spam about 7-8 times now.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Simple "fix" is to have more Moderators and give them option to ban people (for 24h at least, until CM/Admin comes online).
  • _Rewolf_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    bleh that would help a lot. kinda sucks for the new people on the forums to see that kinda stuff.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So they'll hijack other threads with spam instead? No thanks.

A global ignore function would be a lot more useful (completely hides every post/thread by selected user).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Going to have to talk to Frankie about it, I'm tired of this.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Oh wow he's not giving up.
    You deleted two pages and he's back!
    b:angry
  • chaoticshelly
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Story of my life b:cry
  • _Rewolf_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    that's just dedication to carry on spamming. xD annoying though.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited August 2012
    Options
    It's not dedication if it's a program doing it though. It's dedication to take care of all of it manually! b:angry
  • _Rewolf_ - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ahhh sorry my bad xD thought the guy was copying and pasting all of that. but awesome hes gone. Ty!

Also dont mean to sound like a nagger but you should also check the title thread as some spamming went though there.
  • laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    aand continues :P
  • chaoticshelly
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks, will look into it!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My idea is anyone who hasn't killed a mob in-game within the last three weeks can only post in the Beginner forum or Technical Suppport.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • chaoticshelly
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My idea is anyone who hasn't killed a mob in-game within the last three weeks can only post in the Beginner forum or Technical Suppport.

The forums will go dead. b:surrender
  • laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

yeah thats prolly true..i havent logged in PWI for 1 year and3-4month on my main account i dun even remember that accounts pass..and this is just ESO acco tho i havent logged in ESO either since january :P
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:laughb:laughb:victory
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Meeeowwwwww - Lost City
    Meeeowwwwww - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Thanks for keeping up with the spammers as much as you can b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you need me, just Meeeeoowwwwwww!
    b:dirty
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    To be fair, yes we need more moderators. I brought the topoc up before a few months ago, andany people agreed we need more. Shelly Kris and Fuzzy(idk where on earth he is) need help to deal with situation, and I feel they are a bit out of hand with handling the spam.
    I myself, nominated to be a moderator. Im extremely active, im in the UK so od be awake when most of the other mods are asleep, and I have been a moderator on another forum while I was taking a break for my GCSEs.

However, if you looked at twitter,youtube, fb, and now even instagram, spam has grown everywhere and itsbecoming a wider problem. It is not just the forum, its everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Nice plan xD means to spam they got to dedicate themselves to the forums.
    Yup, so, not gonna happen.
  • chaoticshelly
    edited August 2012
    Options
    To be fair, yes we need more moderators. I brought the topoc up before a few months ago, andany people agreed we need more. Shelly Kris and Fuzzy(idk where on earth he is) need help to deal with situation, and I feel they are a bit out of hand with handling the spam.
    I myself, nominated to be a moderator. Im extremely active, im in the UK so od be awake when most of the other mods are asleep, and I have been a moderator on another forum while I was taking a break for my GCSEs.

However, if you looked at twitter,youtube, fb, and now even instagram, spam has grown everywhere and itsbecoming a wider problem. It is not just the forum, its everywhere.

To be fair, I'm only two hours ahead of you, but operate on almost all through the day. I definitely agree we need more moderators, but there are a lot more factors to being a mod and we're eagerly looking for someone that meets them all.
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    MissingNo - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ip bans would help
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ip bans would help

What makes you think they didn't try that already?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Not when there are plenty of options to circumvent an IP ban nowadays. Otherwise Frankie wouldn't have to ban people who have been permanently banned from the forums, repeatedly.
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    MissingNo - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    how about limiting the amount of accounts you can make per day
  • chaoticshelly
    edited August 2012
    Options
    how about limiting the amount of accounts you can make per day

I'll have Frankie look into that, but it doesn't solve the problem entirely - some of these accounts are **** ones, especially those spamming in-game.