New expansion CN

Options

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    "Each character is only allowed to farm 8 hours a day, after the 8 hours timer ends, you will not receive any exp/spirit/coin/drops (timer starts after you deliver any hits to mobs or being hit by any) any person in the squad with farming timer at 0 landing any hits on boss/mob will also result in not dropping anything at all (only instance not affected by the timer is RB.)"

OK, this right here is plain ****, way to **** even more f2p players!
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    "Each character is only allowed to farm 8 hours a day, after the 8 hours timer ends, you will not receive any exp/spirit/coin/drops (timer starts after you deliver any hits to mobs or being hit by any) any person in the squad with farming timer at 0 landing any hits on boss/mob will also result in not dropping anything at all (only instance not affected by the timer is RB.)"

OK, this right here is plain ****, way to **** even more f2p players!

I believe the translation is decent, as the person who wrote it is native Chinese second language English.

Couldn't tell you for sure if there are plans to bring that over. It would be downright ill-placed but...yea.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The low lvl dq and 8 hour farming one sound way to **** to be true. If they are true they should refrain from adding those on our version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Its the most **** thing I've ever heard. Period. b:angry
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    "1. each character is only allowed to farm 8 hours a day, after the 8 hours timer ends, you will not receive any exp/spirit/coin/drops (timer starts after you deliver any hits to mobs or being hit by any) any person in the squad with farming timer at 0 landing any hits on boss/mob will also result in not dropping anything at all (only instance not affected by the timer is RB)

2. advance endless universe now only one person per squad will receive rewards"

Well these sound horribly icky. :/
    Just 8 hour farming? Sometimes I run an instance in the morning, and after my day is done I come back to game and join another squad for something else. That could be seriously lame. Run just two instances for bh/TT/whatever and only the first one has a chance for drops. -.- Even just killing mobs in open world for grinding or mat farming is useless.
    Well then the rest of my gaming evening is shot to hell. b:sad

And only one person from squad in AEU gets a reward? wtf? Am I understanding that wrong or does that mean only 1 out of the 10 people gets the exp, chest, etc from completing that instance? If that's what that means then that's freaking ****...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I believe the translation is decent, as the person who wrote it is native Chinese second language English.

Couldn't tell you for sure if there are plans to bring that over. It would be downright ill-placed but...yea.

Its a anti-bot thing. But still have to wonder how feature knows you are farming mobs or just hammering nirvana
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If only 1 person per run gets rewards from AEU, you may as well close that damn thing down and use that map for something else.
    Few run AEU now on HT, with this change NO ONE will EVER do it!!!!!!!
    edited August 2012
    Options
    IM asdfarewre *RAWRS* angry b:angry b:angry
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Its a anti-bot thing. But still have to wonder how feature knows you are farming mobs or just hammering nirvana

You just beat me to it. The 8 hour timer business is merely another (rather desperate IMO) attempt to control the 24 hr botting going on over there. I highly doubt that as well as some of the other changes mentioned will make it to our version.
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just...no words. If that 8 hour per day thing hits our servers...I'm pretty sure 80% of the current population would ditch the game, maybe not due to not being able to farm 8h+ but more or less cause you have no idea what other people are at. I have enough dealing with people entering with no talismans in caster nirvana for instance, now I'd have to add that they can't be on 0 time for drops...Haha, splendid ideas. x'D Oh the sarcasm..

Same with AEU, I barely step a foot in there as it is due to players in general and the massive
    lag from so many players at once. No reward for it? Ouch, that just brought my foot out of the instance forever if so, lol.

Let's all hope those silly things don't reach us...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You just beat me to it. The 8 hour timer business is merely another (rather desperate IMO) attempt to control the 24 hr botting going on over there. I highly doubt that as well as some of the other changes mentioned will make it to our version.

That's my hope - the stupid stuff and stuff aimed at CN issues doesn't make it in. Yet Frankie mentioned the TW changes that were directly aimed at CN, that really doesn't affect or adversely affects our style.

So *shrug* we'll see. I'm hopeful but expecting to be disappointed.

(Hoping for pleasantly surprised...although 50-50 chance Tony has no clue still!)

Yanno, if someone is good with those "Office Pools" they should make one of "What gets into the patch".
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That's my hope - the stupid stuff and stuff aimed at CN issues doesn't make it in. Yet Frankie mentioned the TW changes that were directly aimed at CN, that really doesn't affect or adversely affects our style.

So *shrug* we'll see. I'm hopeful but expecting to be disappointed.

(Hoping for pleasantly surprised...although 50-50 chance Tony has no clue still!)

Yanno, if someone is good with those "Office Pools" they should make one of "What gets into the patch".

A lot of it does seem aimed at PWCN only. The "npc lower level DQ drops for 1 coin" measure is also clearly targeted at botters as well. I really have no doubt whatsoever that those measures aren't coming to our servers since (even Frankie and Co. can see) it would be the death of the game.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    A lot of it does seem aimed at PWCN only. The "npc lower level DQ drops for 1 coin" measure is also clearly targeted at botters as well. I really have no doubt whatsoever that those measures aren't coming to our servers since (even Frankie and Co. can see) it would be the death of the game.
    I agree I doubt we will get those changes and if we do enough people will complain that it will get removed like the SP PK issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Im raging! **RAWRS**

(+1)

I agree I doubt we will get those changes and if we do enough people will complain that it will get removed like the SP PK issue.

You bet I'll spam the forum till that happens *rawrs*
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If those rumors are true, then I truly believe PWE is doing everything to make everyone quit for other games...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I thought the 8 hour farming rule was originally just some tangent of various Chinese laws for MMOs in general, since ppl have died from "overplaying" and such...

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I thought the 8 hour farming rule was originally just some tangent of various Chinese laws for MMOs in general, since ppl have died from "overplaying" and such...

Reminds me of a time when someone tried to file a lawsuit against a gaming company for "destroying" his life and making him lose everything almost including his life. Forgot which game it was for and it was a few years ago... Mildly amusing read nonetheless.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    PWE should know that we don't have a botting issue as much as PWCN does. If they do implement an 8h+ farming rule, then you won't see me around anymore.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I quit if the 8 hour thing is true, and if they ruin AEU, that is just no fun for me. Will have to see how this goes down....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This had better not come over here. I can not see this doing ANY good for our version whatsoever. I'm all fine with them revamping quests to actually be made worthwhile, but the rest of those changes are completely ridiculous!
    b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Most of them seems to be just against botters. Only worried about the AEU...
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    >_>

Quite a few games nerf things when you play in excess of X amount of time. I'd list examples but it's not allowed.

If it's purely 8 hour ingame time. I can't see how that's a problem. If you are honestly spending more then 8 hours of your 18 hour day. (Let's just say 6 hours of sleep though you should be getting 8)

That leaves 10 hours of your day not on the game farming, which most of it is occupied by work/school/etc leaving less then 2 hour to yourself to eat 3 times a day?
    That's a very unhealthy life style

The exception would be weekends which still 8 hours is A LOT of time to be on the computer in one sitting ijs.

Maybe it's good if they implement this for some people....
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    :O interesting, that last pic looks like a famale barbarian. Always wanted to play a sexual looking female toon with a huge axe >:D

It's called a Blademaster
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If only 1 person per run gets rewards from AEU, you may as well close that damn thing down and use that map for something else.
    Few run AEU now on HT, with this change NO ONE will EVER do it!!!!!!!
    I think you are interpreting this wrong. I'm taking this to mean that instead of each person turning in the quest for reward....it will be like EU where one person turns in for everyone. At least, I would hope thats what they mean.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    >_>

Quite a few games nerf things when you play in excess of X amount of time. I'd list examples but it's not allowed.

If it's purely 8 hour ingame time. I can't see how that's a problem. If you are honestly spending more then 8 hours of your 18 hour day. (Let's just say 6 hours of sleep though you should be getting 8)

That leaves 10 hours of your day not on the game farming, which most of it is occupied by work/school/etc leaving less then 2 hour to yourself to eat 3 times a day?
    That's a very unhealthy life style

The exception would be weekends which still 8 hours is A LOT of time to be on the computer in one sitting ijs.

Maybe it's good if they implement this for some people....

I am just g0ing t0 assume y0u are semi tr0lling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why frankye doesn't show up already <.<
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I think my issue with it would be pushing more people to multi-client. I currently havent ever done it. I know you can now, but for those that dont, it could cause alot of issues.
    I most days will get in game and pick up bhs, oht (and do while im there), void, treasure, and then morai quest ( do them while there). When done in morai its usually off to cube.
    Cube done and now its time for my RL things to do. OK now i ALWAYS set my CATSHOP while afk in RL to sell my stuff. 6 hours later RL is good and now back to PWI. OH WTF? My timer has 45 mins left on it. Can you get bh1, bh2, void, and treasure quests all done before the timer runs out?
    UNLESS BH is rb2/rb3 im betting NOT.
    SO that means i have to Multi-client ,trade all selling items back to shop and log out on main to stop the timer?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Found 'em:
    1. each character is only allowed to farm 8 hours a day, after the 8 hours timer ends, you will not receive any exp/spirit/coin/drops (timer starts after you deliver any hits to mobs or being hit by any) any person in the squad with farming timer at 0 landing any hits on boss/mob will also result in not dropping anything at all (only instance not affected by the timer is RB)

2. advance endless universe now only one person per squad will receive rewards

3. must be lvl 30+ , new meditate system added to the game, you can talk to the mirror npc in north archo or 1k stream, can meditate up to 12 hours a day, (afk while receiving exp) meditate will require meditation stones, they are obtain from finish cube/exchange with token of luck/cashshop

4. low lvl dqs 21/31/41 now will only be npced for 1 coin

5. some of the skill cool down time adjusted

6. squad window adjusted, maps window adjusted slightly (friendly shows in blue, not friendly shows in red)
    quest window adjusted

7. lvl 1 to 30 daily quest added, lvl 1 to 30 regular quest adjusted to lower mobs needed/more exp coin received after completion
    1. Tw changes

- tw bidding now only accept bank notes, min of 1, max of 99

- a faction can now be attacked by 7 factions at same time in the same time slot (use to be 3)

- increased hq crystal health, increased tower prices, increased tower range and dmg. at some routes the number of towers will be increased, a few new type of towers will also be added.

2. PK protection rule changes

- as long as you are above lvl 30, and not in safe zone or blue name protection zones (it will be marked on the map) , you will be treated same as white name players

3. dmg ranking changes

- it will no longer be tested at 1k stream elder, it will be in archo south, west or 1k stream new npc

4. lvl 1 to 60 culti decreased in difficulties, increased in reward and coin/spirit

5. Rank 8 Recast armor set bonus changes

- all rank 8 recast set 4 piece bonus change from 8 att lvl to 12

- arcane 3 piece bonus change from -3 channeling to -6

- archer 3 piece bonus change from 5 def lvl to 8 def lvl

6. Because of the unfairness of new nirvana stage 3, you will now be able to view the result of your rank 8 recast armor rerolls before it complete, and you can decide to cancel the forging, of course the mats will still be used.

7.Faction trial rewards greatly increased, and according to how many trials completed the reward will be different.

8. morai new saturday event, every saturday 7 to 10 pm, you will be able to take a new quest, kill 1 player from each order to receive 30 prestiges point and a chance to win a teddy bear pet.

9. new fashion able to exchange from wedding quest sweet memories ( only last 2 week )

10. every order in morai will be able to exchange for exp orb, spirit orb or rep orb with points

I guess we'll see if our PW staff really knows what of all that fits for PWI.

Forgot another post, was latest I heard before the Rise of Dynasty infoz:

The second list is definitely the stuff we are getting in Reflections and comes from the 6/27 pwcn update:
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20120626/65803.shtml

Whats the source on the first set changes? Where is that from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    1. each character is only allowed to farm 8 hours a day, after the 8 hours timer ends, you will not receive any exp/spirit/coin/drops (timer starts after you deliver any hits to mobs or being hit by any) any person in the squad with farming timer at 0 landing any hits on boss/mob will also result in not dropping anything at all (only instance not affected by the timer is RB)

Lolwut?
    You mean as soon as you hit a mob the timer starts? So now you can't even sit around in a town and talk to people without your timer keep counting down because it'd be a "waste"...On top of that if I hit 0 timer I wouldn't be able to help any of my guildies or friends with their FBs or TTs and whatnot because I'd reduce everything to zero...Nice idea, this game totally needs to be less community oriented.

LF People for Full Warsong, pm me your level, your class, your pav, your weapon, your farming timer, your address, your phone #, your birthdate and your credit card info for invite!!!

Just 18 more days...