New expansion CN

Options

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    They are not even able to have a balanced game with the actual classes. Adding more will only unbalance the gameplay even more.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Seriously hoping that those four arent new classes/sub-classes but rather the leaders of the four kingdoms that have resurfaced...

Yeah I was thinking that but then why would they put so much visual emphasis on what particular weapon each of those 4 is using?

It wouldn't make sense for NPCs since almost no NPCs use weapons.

Also is anyone else getting a Shakugan no Shana vibe from that second picture? It's got the whole firey sword + long hair + zettai ryouiki thing going.
    I wonder if they'll get Kugimiya Rie to voice her... Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Seriously hoping that those four arent new classes/sub-classes but rather the leaders of the four kingdoms that have resurfaced...

^-Agreed ._.;;
    There's only so many classes you can have before they start getting redundant imo. b:surrender
    And a gun? Yikes, that really doesn't fit the game at all. Of course neither did motorcycles...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm excited at the possibility of 4 new huge cities.

Also the pic look like a human pirate, an untamed demon, an earthguard paladin, and tideborn executioner. I didn't see any with feathered hair b:chuckle

Idk why the earthguard would need another HA class, but everyone is saying its an elf. The first two will probably be the ranged classes.

I might finally make a human and lvl it past 12 now. Since I don't really like playing seeker I hope the new EG, if indeed these are new classes, has a self heal and doesn't rely entirely upon one mana sucking spin move.

The demon will likely have a lot of fire skills, and seemingly a large sword. That sounds pretty badass, and it would be nice to finally use a class that can pwn metal mobs. My wiz got aborted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    If they are going to create more new classes, then they need to increase the max amount of characters you can create.

Yup, I completely agree, too.

That's my main concern when I read about 5 new classes going to be added.
    I don't feel like making another account just for trying out the new classes. >_<

Edit: Oh, if they plan to add more character slots, I hope they will not make us pay for the character slot expansion.
    I know some certain games that make players pay if they wanna add more character slots....

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this new expansion. b:chuckle

Sadly, they'll probably not do that at all, again.....b:sad

And just expect us too do what I did back in the past, in the first place "back when they brought out the {EG} and didn't expand the list that time either":

They'll likely just expect us too either plop them on (other/alt) servers again??!?!

Or just hope that we all just finally choose too (multi-client) it???? b:bye

You know, the Same as USUAL LAME BIT?! Again.......b:surrender
  • Yannoa - Dreamweaver
    Yannoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Idk why the earthguard would need another HA class, but everyone is saying its an elf. The first two will probably be the ranged classes.
    To be honest, it looks like a human. No feathers, no 3rd eye. It could just be a standard Blademaster, or worse, a second HA-using human class...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    At the same time, those could JUST be new weapons.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm excited at the possibility of 4 new huge cities.

Tbh, It may be a hint of redoing the starter cities( elf human untamed) and archo. If they do, i'll vomit rainbows of happiness b:shutupi
    And by new weps, maybe they will finally add those whips I see in the datavase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Actually I can see gun's fitting into this game as long as they look older and they don't add machinegun's. Maybe PW finally figured out they can use the powder from the fireworks to shoot metal ball's out of metal cylinders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Chii_Nyanco - Heavens Tear
    Chii_Nyanco - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Don't know if this helps any, came across it while looking for more info on the expansion. It appears it is saying it is for the concept art of the emperors for the images we've seen thus far.

http://en.178.com/201208/138233678969.html
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol. Too little too late.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    from what i assumed in the first google translate, it looks to me that a new story line will be added that focuses on 4?5? emperors, which looks to be the pics of the hookers there. If it were classes, they usually add male pics in rotation to female class pics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well, for those having an issue about guns, we have mech like bosses, for example, Machinoslitt, the world boss, so guns isn't that far off right, since they both are "machinery"?

It can be canon to the lore of PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yes im much better with guns than motorcycles and Zippo lighters.
    At least the gun can be put into the actual timeline/storyline.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    from what i assumed in the first google translate, it looks to me that a new story line will be added that focuses on 4?5? emperors, which looks to be the pics of the hookers there. If it were classes, they usually add male pics in rotation to female class pics.

Ehh, you could say the same thing for those 4 being emperors. It seems unlikely all the races would be matriarchal.

The thing that makes me think they are classes is the visual emphasis on the equipped weapons since weapons on NPCs would only be decorative and not functional like with playable characters. Also the armor class seems to fill in the unused space for each race.

Still they do mention having 4 emperors which matches the number of pictures. I guess there is not enough info to say yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This is getting funny. A bunch of people who can't read English or Chinese making up story then goes on and on with it. b:chuckle
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Maybe will be like Morai, but instead joining an order u will join emperors, and depending on what emperor u join u will get access to certain weps and stuff or something like that.
    Inb4 everyone wants to see the expansion and a week later everyone qq about how crappy and useless is it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    10000 person cross-server PK? Yeah, that's not going to lag at all...
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    well tbh im more into New classes instead of new weapons , cuz if u look closely all are in the game except for one
    -poleaxe
    -a some sort of long sword
    -a magic....sword , mace idk .__.
    -and the dagger

only that is not in the game is the flintlock type gun

i hope new classes anyways b:chuckle

b:bye
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well according to the second link, there is no new classes, just 4 new emperors that you can join forces with to drive out them evil forces.

So apparently all the ancient emperors were females with small(ish) outfits. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i think 5 new classes would be overkill and unreasonable. they can hardly implement 2 new classes.

i'm more interested in the apparent server v server pk function.

looks like a new item(?) that will grant millions of exp, but it seems you need to reach some sort of achievement in order to get em.

i think if anything there will be "prestige" classes of a sort. similar to joining a faction in morai, you ally with one of the emperors and have some sort of alteration to your class. that would actually expand the class possibilities a lot so i don't have any faith in that either. more likely than not, just more order-like functionality and more books MAYBE even something like sage/demon.

maybe we will also get the morai pk event (order versus order)

guns as new weapon unlikely, i think that they are doing is recycling style guide imagery. looking at some of the NPC they dont wear normal gear so seeing a gun on an NPC would not be so dramatic. maybe the emphasis is because it looks like those NOC's will be actively in combat for some sort of event.

i could tolerate nerfing APS again, but only if they are goign to revert TT back to something doable by non APS squads. all this nerfing is useless as long as everyone basically needs a APS toon in order to famr most of their gear.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i think 5 new classes would be overkill and unreasonable. they can hardly implement 2 new classes.

i'm more interested in the apparent server v server pk function.

looks like a new item(?) that will grant millions of exp, but it seems you need to reach some sort of achievement in order to get em.

i think if anything there will be "prestige" classes of a sort. similar to joining a faction in morai, you ally with one of the emperors and have some sort of alteration to your class. that would actually expand the class possibilities a lot so i don't have any faith in that either. more likely than not, just more order-like functionality and more books MAYBE even something like sage/demon.

maybe we will also get the morai pk event (order versus order)

guns as new weapon unlikely, i think that they are doing is recycling style guide imagery. looking at some of the NPC they dont wear normal gear so seeing a gun on an NPC would not be so dramatic. maybe the emphasis is because it looks like those NOC's will be actively in combat for some sort of event.

i could tolerate nerfing APS again, but only if they are goign to revert TT back to something doable by non APS squads. all this nerfing is useless as long as everyone basically needs a APS toon in order to famr most of their gear.

the aps part, so you arent satisfied that casters are the best for pk/tw, but also want for pve? b:scorn gotta love how do people like to do the less effort for everything

Anyway what im interested with this is the way it will affect pvp :)
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    :O interesting, that last pic looks like a famale barbarian. Always wanted to play a sexual looking female toon with a huge axe >:D
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Nothing at the source says anything about new classes....

Those are probably npc designs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    As a PvE player Im concerned with the item-exp part.

If the said items are connected to PvP Events(Server Vs Server),then PvE players are going to be forced to PvP if they wanna get to uhm 105 ?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I don't see anything saying there will be new classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There wont be any new classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm assuming that the females are the four empresses. It is highly unlikely that we will get new classes. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears as if we won't be getting a gun totting class or a female barb... Could be wrong, though! We'll see come time!
  • gamekillz
    gamekillz Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i think these 5 emperors are kinda like temporary mercs for hire. The reason i think this is

1. they showcase weapons... although Dizzy had a weapon and never fought... Goshiki too?

2. on the translated page it says you can join forces with them to fight in huge battles. Makes me think of something like the diablo mercs. but then again... goshiki and dizzy joined you too.. :/

I pray that this is a merc system that would be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona
    Pacem et vitam longam
  • DreamDrops - Dreamweaver
    DreamDrops - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    What ever is on the cards to arrive is driven by one thing only - generation of cash, with that said throw onto the scales the most likely for any expansion.

On one side new classes to each race - the missing AA, LA or HA of each race. On the otherside some type of new Order, one for each Emperor ( even if its Empress, or Crossdresser).

What ever would generate the most cash is the likely route.

Also PW has a habit of artwork that has little to do with final results lol i.e. the artwork for Genies, coming Earthguard HA user, the semi dwarven guy in hooded cape, etc.
    There are NO Adults in this World,

Just old Children, with Wrinkles b:chuckle