Will we ever see new pets again for venomancers?

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ive seen many veno with a herc fail because he could not keep agro, without Roar, herc is handicapped a bit. Im going from experience in watching veno who have hercs, and high level at that. Bash is nice, but I dont see it as useful in the slightest, Herc already has a powerful physical attack, so he really doesnt need a skill that deals the same type of damage, and hes useless in Caster Vana because of that. While a Glacial Walker with mag def and maybe phys def 1 hour buffs, along with Roar and Icicle that is has naturally, would be alot more useful, and stands a chance of surviving each of the bosses, and perhaps even against Ancestor himself.

Herc with Roar is useless. Roar doesn't hold aggro, it resets aggro. One hit after a pet has roared and you have aggro back on yourself again. Bash, however, is more than just a physical attack. It is an aggro generating phys attack, and builds aggro with each hit. It is much easier to keep aggro on the pet with Bash... but of course everyone knows that it is easy to steal aggro from pet no matter the skill, so you have to play smart.

As far as in Caster, you only want to use a pet in there on the adds that spawn. Dealing any phys damage to the bosses is a bad thing in there, so unless your pet was pure elemental damage only with no regular hits sneaking in, it is as useless as any other pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The mystic class is a lot less awkward to play simply because summons can fly, swim, and be on the ground. I'm not saying we need veno pets like that, but at least make some pets that won't get stuck on the ground or disappear when you walk over a bridge.

Oh even on mystic our pets stuck, often we need to summon again them cause they stuck no where, just to go outside arch ex: go outside west by walking the pet stuck inside we need to summon it again and there no bride nothing.
    When 90% of the veno population use a standard range of 5-6 pets only and neglets the rest , why should they even bother create new data if most venos will end up on the typical ones.

I dont support the devs of this game , but sometimes it is the players themselves who are partially responsible for situations like these.

I agree with you, on 50+ pets venomancer always use the same one:

-nix
    -glacial walker
    -herc
    -dino
    -armored bear
    -sawfly

I never see venomancer with other pets so even if the devs create new cute pets venomancer will come back to the ''original'' cause they are better and people asking for a good new pet, well they made the dino for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When 90% of the veno population use a standard range of 5-6 pets only and neglets the rest , why should they even bother create new data if most venos will end up on the typical ones.

I dont support the devs of this game , but sometimes it is the players themselves who are partially responsible for situations like these.

That's because the pets are poorly balanced. For example, the mermaid pets in Tideborn lands have high evasion and high accuracy, but is evasion ever useful in anything? Is evasion useful in this game in general?

Stats should generally be balanced...don't make pets with high evasion, high accuracy, low everything else, and expect people to choose that over a pet with high damage, high hp, high pdef *cough golem*

I tried to make that mermaid pet work, I really did...except it couldn't keep aggro and couldn't tank. At 6x, it lagged behind my other pets by almost 40% in base damage. It was like an all-class pet as far as I'm concerned.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • danielpenfold
    danielpenfold Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    But are you still able to have pets on the game or not.
    I'm so happy :D
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's because the pets are poorly balanced. For example, the mermaid pets in Tideborn lands have high evasion and high accuracy, but is evasion ever useful in anything? Is evasion useful in this game in general?

Stats should generally be balanced...don't make pets with high evasion, high accuracy, low everything else, and expect people to choose that over a pet with high damage, high hp, high pdef *cough golem*

I tried to make that mermaid pet work, I really did...except it couldn't keep aggro and couldn't tank. At 6x, it lagged behind my other pets by almost 40% in base damage. It was like an all-class pet as far as I'm concerned.

Indeed that is the other side of the problem. Creating pets that while not being OP , they are weak against normal mobs.

Dino was a nice change but only 1 rare DD pet wont help the hundreds of venos out there.

@danielpenfold : tell that to the venos that only want the *best*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
    edited July 2012
    But are you still able to have pets on the game or not.

Yes, but 50 pets is not enough for them, they want more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2012

So, because 90% of the pets are 90% useless, it's the *veno population's* fault?

4 years have passed. If you have a killer pet combination, share it. Otherwise, they've all been tried, and failed - which is why those 5-6 pets are the only ones venos use in endgame.

But you didn't *really* want to have a conversation about this, you just were throwing in a snark, just 'cause you can.
    edited July 2012
    So, because 90% of the pets are 90% useless, it's the *veno population's* fault?

4 years have passed. If you have a killer pet combination, share it. Otherwise, they've all been tried, and failed - which is why those 5-6 pets are the only ones venos use in endgame.

But you didn't *really* want to have a conversation about this, you just were throwing in a snark, just 'cause you can.

First of all cut the attitude ......... this doesnt work on people like me.

Second i guess you missed the *partially responsible*. Your quote implies that i accuse only players , and it's a lie.

Third , what do you want me to say when i see all venos running around with Glacial Walkers as tanks (other golems and beetles being able to tank as well) , no DD pets (and there are like 25-30 around , wolves , scorpions , bugsrares) , and none of whatever pets that are customized to debuff and adapt. legendaries and Dinos dont count.

At endgame all non-legendary pets fail simply because they dont survive , but the issue isnt endgame. Venos dont jump to 100 immediately , unless you believe powerlvling in a normal way to play this derailed game. Venos who rely on their pets alone need to rethink about this class.

As for the testing part , did you do it yourself or rely on other people who have their own style of playing.

With such ideas in mind , lets delete the pet lists from wikis and make only few ones tamable since venos will end up using them right ???

next time you want to start an arguement , read and think. Sorry but i wont play your game , im too old for primary school
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Hot_pho - Heavens Tear
    Hot_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    we dont need more pets. devs just need to restat the tamable pets that already exists. but yeh i did try variety of pets but i'd rather spend time/coins on the veno gear it self as I do not use pets anymore. they have became basically useless if you have good gear. I do still have my baby bear but he's more like an all class pet now i just have him out cos he's o so cute.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    special thanks to silvy for the sig
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Various types of pets with the same stats? Yes please.
    Another Set of Legendary pets? Yes please.
    Amphibious pets? Yes please [even though we don't venture into the water often (or at all at high levels)]
    They need to basically update the old classes. Do something more with the useless skills a lot of classes have, get some new pets (land, sea, and air), and maybe have amphibious pets.

They do. Wings of Protection [Archer Buff]? LMAO that skill is a joke. Everyone uses Holy Path [which overwrites the speed buff].
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    Yulande - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Settle down, this is not a fight of who is better or who has the bigger stick. Its commentary on the fact, why havn't we seen anything new overall in 2 years aside from 1 pet you have to be endgame to even obtain?

My roster is-
    Tim - Glacial Walker (Ill be honest, I picked him for cool, before I noticed he was tanky.)
    Vipera - Scorpiotail voodooist (Shes pretty vicious, and fast on her feet.)
    Cloud skatefish (Mercifully silent. I cannot stand the sounds other air pets make. An so cute an glowy!)
    Mystral - Undine Elemental (That giggle... water pet, and tanks well enough to suit me.)
    Minercia - Mothran Dazzlewing (She looks cute, and her sound effects dont annoy me.)
    Horatio - Gnome Saboteur (HE... TALKS... nuff said. And so adorable!)
    Kowlin - The poor baby has a name, but since I didn't raise her, I don't feel comfortable using her in battle. I feel more like a baby sitter thats learned the owner has died, since they stopped playing, thats sorta true. Howl, pierce, flesh ream, Bash, all lv.5. An shes only a couple levels behind my walker. But... I have no real desire to build a familiarity with her. She was someones baby, and now instead of passing with the owner, she was given to another.
    I plan to get a few more cages and fill out my little group with a few other cuties too. Like the mer girl at raging, shes adorable how she swims through the air~

I grow attached to my pets, and as some might notice, Ive used mostly those from raging tides. For all intents and purposes, my pets function perfectly fine, some even being 10-20 levels behind me as I slowly work to catch them up. I cant use that petite sawfly, or the scorpion you can start with. I dont like how they sound. And as I play, I take cues from the sound of attacks, if you cant see a BB, you can still hear it, to know when it goes down if your lagging a little. So playing on mute just to have some 'awesome' and 'recommended' pet, no thanks.

For the young miss or sir commenting on Bash. You have not seen what I have. I have seen a herc, with bash, fail to pull agro to save a veno, because he had to be revived and his agro reset. Roar acts instantly, and in Tim's case, is followed up by icicle and a normal attack about time I get another skill off, so hes rebuilding agro already. Call me impatient, but I dont plan to waste time running with my tail on fire as my pet fights to get agro back with Bash. Id rather have it happen instantly to be honest.

And Im sorry, I don't believe in 'best' or 'useless' in any game, if you dont even try, whats the point? I get the pets I like, I build them up, and have fun with my little harem and bodyguards. Come on... who could find a little shovel weilding goblin wearing a lamp hardhat dangerous... hes like a little tonberry with their cute little knife and lantern...
    Various types of pets with the same stats? Yes please.
    Another Set of Legendary pets? Yes please.
    Amphibious pets? Yes please [even though we don't venture into the water often (or at all at high levels)]

I agree whole-heartedly. Lets find pets we like, or find cute~<3 Not be pressured by stats.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If were talking about pets here id like the prices for the pet skills from the zoo lady cut down in price the prices just seem rediculous to me. Also the prices for the skills in the faction base need to be cut down a bit. Right now on my server buying the three skills from the base tht a herc has will be over what the cost of a herc is. I wouldnt mind more pets but instead of adding more i think they should refine the other ones and give them a bit of a boost in certian areas. One last thing id rlly likeis a pet skill tht is basically like bash but is an aoe.

if you cant read that im srry but english is my worst subject in school lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php

Found this while looking up a pet I came across accidentally when searthing Moth for my Dazzlewing in the in game beastiary.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/6908
    I saw 'Mother of the Pack' A rare pet that was tameable, and later removed fro mthe game. But aparently some veno actually may still have one, at least in theory. Its been gone from the game since the posting of that thread in '09 though.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=557692

So they gladly remove awesome pets, kinda sad we didnt get anything new that sounds half as awesome. For goodness sake we have the giants like Cragrock and Novastock.
    edited July 2012
    here this is the pet:

The most outrageous pet ever: http://i78.servimg.com/u/f78/12/88/64/93/2008-011.jpg
    as far as i know, it has a huge amount of HP, lvl 60, tamable
    respawn: once a month and GM spawns him
    C: somewhere in dragon wilderness - too bad that has been removed by GMs ;))

Was apparantly a ''pet'' spawn by GM once a month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would love a battle lemur for my veno! I was so excited when I saw those lemurs in the EG area and so so so so so disappointed when I realized they weren't tamable.
    edited July 2012
    I would love a battle lemur for my veno! I was so excited when I saw those lemurs in the EG area and so so so so so disappointed when I realized they weren't tamable.

You can have it as all class at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Venos are obsolete, destroy them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012

When you come crying after a boss stacks buffs on itself in a frenzy and wipes your squad repeatedly, I shall pat you on the head and smile, then walk the other way.

Without veno you no longer have Bramble, Amp, Purge, and other shiney buffs and debuffs, as well as their pets, who can stack unique debuffs with those of others. There is no useless class, its the players competance with said class that will always be at fault.
    edited July 2012

Your title says it all

Yulande dont be trolled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For the young miss or sir commenting on Bash. You have not seen what I have. I have seen a herc, with bash, fail to pull agro to save a veno, because he had to be revived and his agro reset. Roar acts instantly, and in Tim's case, is followed up by icicle and a normal attack about time I get another skill off, so hes rebuilding agro already. Call me impatient, but I dont plan to waste time running with my tail on fire as my pet fights to get agro back with Bash. Id rather have it happen instantly to be honest.

I see the point you are trying to make, and it works fine with any pet other than a herc. If I could put roar and bash on my herc that would be excellent. But without having any sort of attack skill at all (because with the buffs, there is only one space for a skill on herc), roar is useless. Icicle is a pretty decent attack skill, so using it after roar gives your pet aggro back. Using only roar on a herc can save your life for one second but if you attack at all during the fight, you have aggro, because the pet has no attack skill to hold aggro whatsoever. It makes a lot more sense to me to use bash, and fight carefully, rather than have roar and mostly not fight at all.

If I forget to turn on Bash, I take aggro with one hit. Roar does not cooldown fast enough to use with every hit I make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver
    DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    - first issue yeah should not be that difficult to add option to dye pets some mounts already have it and it would be cool (b:sin more money for you PWI)

-on the more pets issue, yeah i would like more pets same one gets boring after a while

-third, yes most venos end with the same pets endgame, but for me is about having fun not being op so yeah i pull out my scorpion, shadow ranger, petite sawfly, eldergoth etc :P

-the dino is awesome imma try to tame a second one and put all magic bashes
    with CLAW dino is awesome (ironwood, amp, extreme poison and the bleed skill from pet makes mobs drop in a second XD)

- and lastly an idea pet armor for legendary and rare pets b:mischievous
    adds survivility, gets PWI money and make pets look cooler b:laugh
    b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
    beer and cigs makes me play pwi even more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide
    Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey,

1. There is the new Morai pet; You have to be level 101; comparable with the nix but this one is a ground pet so can be used in instances. For more info, check out my video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-b_ZpCqeKY

2. You're talking about coloring pets and a larger amount of pets, but that's actually not that important. Pets are actually useless nowadays. They should higher the defense and attack of those pets and eventually add new features. Especially for PK, these pets are useless. They get one shotted and barely deal damage.
    So, with new features I mean: Make gear for pets? Make it able to dye them? Make the pet skills a bit more "cooler", because they really look awkard and makes veno a bit boring when it comes to using pets. Etc etc...

3. A herc is not worth wasting your coins for, belief me :) It's better to level to 101 wich only takes a few days/weeks and tame the new morai pet. Every APS class can take aggro from a herc.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd rather have some pet stat-raising items... So my Tabby can finally rule the server... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
    edited July 2012
    I'd rather have some pet stat-raising items... So my Tabby can finally rule the server... b:victory

A tabby that rules the server would be...awkward X.x
  • anwynd
    edited July 2012
    Someone mentioned armor and something popped into my mind you know those things tht you can use for genies to raise there stats, what if the armor worked the same way. The armor of course should be mildly expensive so it isnt to OP. I also think the armor shouldnt be available tell mid to late lvls sense if im not mistaken (havent pvped in quite awhile sense its just ****ing boring now adays or atleast was when i quit using my characters on lost city server) is when a pet will need more defense,hp, atk,etc becus from what some people have said they are basically one to two shots. They are suppose to be about a half to a third of our atk power atleast from how the class is portrayed i rlly think they should atleast be able to take a hit with out dying like worthless trash. Also if this is put into the game you dam devs better make it to where you have to farm items and not buy it straight from the cash shop.b:angry
  • halfadinnermint
    halfadinnermint Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What you said:
    anwynd wrote: »
    Also if this is put into the game you dam devs better make it to where you have to farm items and not buy it straight from the cash shop.b:angry

What the devs will hear:
    Put this in the cash shop so we don't have to farm and you can make a quick buck.
  • anwynd
    edited July 2012
    What you said:

What the devs will hear:

ik it will never work by saying tht but i got to atleast tryb:cry
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey,

1. There is the new Morai pet; You have to be level 101; comparable with the nix but this one is a ground pet so can be used in instances.

If that's so: every pet is comparable to a nix.
    Pets are actually useless nowadays.

Ultra Violet for Clerics was running for 21m ea a couple nights ago on HT. It makes less of a difference in dps than a decent pet, gimps your healing, and doesn't have the cool pet skills. That's not even considering the many other ways pets are useful. If you don't play or don't know how to play a veno; why are you commenting on it?
    They should higher the defense and attack of those pets and eventually add new features.

Venos already have great mag dd, and the pets already have sufficient defense for most occasions.
    3. A herc is not worth wasting your coins for, belief me :) It's better to level to 101 wich only takes a few days/weeks and tame the new morai pet. Every APS class can take aggro from a herc.

Seriously? A veno can take aggro from it's own herc in nub equips even on [?]. That doesn't make it useless, and a herc is far more useful than Derjan's Hatchling. You just need to learn to play or something.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited July 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    If that's so: every pet is comparable to a nix.

Ultra Violet for Clerics was running for 21m ea a couple nights ago on HT. It makes less of a difference in dps than a decent pet, gimps your healing, and doesn't have the cool pet skills. That's not even considering the many other ways pets are useful. If you don't play or don't know how to play a veno; why are you commenting on it?

Venos already have great mag dd, and the pets already have sufficient defense for most occasions.

Seriously? A veno can take aggro from it's own herc in nub equips even on [?]. That doesn't make it useless, and a herc is far more useful than Derjan's Hatchling. You just need to learn to play or something.

Seriosuly? Don't tell me how to play a veno, I probably know better then you. But anyway. Idk you're level of your veno or with who you do instances with but nowadays, an APS class takes aggro from a herc, so idk why you are talking about "your pet takes aggro from [?] bosses". Even when you're soloing TT - wich is useless nowadays - I take aggro from my pet, so again useless.

And wtf are you saying "every pet is comparable to a nix." My herc has a much lower attack then the new Morai pet. You're comment just doesn't make sense.

And pets ARE useless nowadays: The only reason I use them is for Phy Debuff skill. Why are they useless? Well, Luring isn't used anymore, you just go and kill all the mobs. Tanking: a pet can't hold aggro. Attack: Even the attack of a nix is crappy.

And "Venos already have great mag dd, and the pets already have sufficient defense for most occasions.", I say bullsh!t. Veno's are a great magic DD, indeed, When you have R9+10 weapon, you do the same attack as a R8 +10 psy :D Cool huh :3 Pets are getting one shotted in PK - in my opinion an important occasion. In AEU, new SoT and Abba bosses, etc etc., kill you're pet in no time! Useless I tell you!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There are so many things that are wrong in this thread, I wish I could unsee them. I don't want to go off topic though so I'll just add this;

Old pets should be re-balanced or balanced new pets should be added but pets are pretty decent already so I think that's unnecessary unless you just want variety of looks.

Pets are or aren't useless...that depends on what you need the pet for. If a person still solos TT or quests or whatnot they probably find pets very useful but if a person only logs in to TW and has top gear already they probably have no use for a pet.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★