Will we ever see new pets again for venomancers?

Yulande - Sanctuary
Yulande - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Im not talking fashionable bunny or all class pets, or for all intents and purposes to the class itself, useless pets. Im refering to new pets that are tameable. Maybe a little wider range of pets to pick from even.

Some of the ones that are allowed seem to be species specific. But even then, there are some that have been excluded, that dont feel like they fall under the in game quoted "Some animals and beasts cannot be tamed, for they have been tainted by the wraithe." Or at least close to that.

So, how does that affect the fact there are almost no tameable pets what so ever, if any, in the earthguard lands, but a plethora of them in raging tides and the island north of it?

Why can you tame water, and land bound Ice undine (The human looking ones without fins), but cannot tame the air-borne variety that share the exact same model, and in some cases, attack pattern and mannerisms? Is it just because they are a different element, and being fire, the reason they can fly at all? They stroll through water instead of swimming, whats the difference in having one do so in the air? You can already use air pets on ground foes to begin with.

A side comment, one can dye mounts, but why not let us dye some pets? At least that sour yellow herc, and Ive seen a blue Nix as an all-class pet, why not let at least those two be dyeable? Have a promotion that offers those out. The main reason I wont get a herc is I cant stand the color. Id rather have pink than that sickly yellow, or purple if I could manage. And Of course at least one (hundred or more) veno would want to go for green for obvious reasons.

And if I must relocate this to the venomancer forum I will. But I figured many venomancers and those wanting to make one frequent this thread more. And Im not asking about the class itself, but the pets they can obtain, and directed more at those that control/influence such things, rather than asking fellow players. Though a few or perhaps many may be able to answer one or more of my questions, and any answer would be welcome. This has been plagueing me for a year now, especially since earthguard came out.

Will we ever see some of the current mobs in Perfect World, areas within and attached to, be changed into tameable? Maybe an event or poll to vote in various contenders to possible taming status?
Post edited by Yulande - Sanctuary on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The main reason I wont get a herc is I cant stand the color. Id rather have pink than that sickly yellow, or purple if I could manage.

a pink herc? b:vomit omg b:vomit
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I'm still surprised that we didn't get any new tameable beasts with the Genesis expansion and Decent as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    we got like 3 with tides, and for sure 1 with earth guard maybe a few more, but when i look at the amount of venos that actually use any of the old pets. there is almost no reason for them to do all that programming work, hell i dont know why they made so many different mobs in starting areas, or large starting areas in general. Seems like it is mostly ignored past the 1week or so it takes to go through. I would love to have quests that brought us back to the original areas with bosses, or mobs hidden just out of noob reach
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The dino from the imperial fury is new. I don't have it cause my veno is not lvl 100 yet, but i heard he's pretty a good pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    we got like 3 with tides, and for sure 1 with earth guard maybe a few more, but when i look at the amount of venos that actually use any of the old pets.

Total in Raging tides is 8 actually. Scorpiotail venomist, the shadow rider, cloud skatefish, gnome saboteur, the 'swims in air' mer mob, glacial walker, ice wraith ghost, and the demon looking mob near the walkers. At least that I can recall off the top of my head. Pretty awesome mobs too, I keep two, and am planning on adding a third to my veno at the moment. Just need another cage. I like how exotic they feel. And the Gnome saboteur is such a cute little goblin! I wanna name mine Tonberry.

I think many keep grabbing new pets as they level, unless its something like the glacial walker they want to level with them until they get a herc. But for me, as long as herc is 'that' shade of yellow, I just cant do it. But I didnt just mean low level, I meant along the whole range, maybe a few high level ones. Goodness knows Ive drooled at the thought of getting one of the ice shadow or snowshadow assassins in Frostcovered city since I first saw them.

But its not just for asthetic, though thats most of my desire. There is only 1 ranged mob. Sure, you can get elemental skills and debuffs. But for a ranged land mob, you only get one option. Eldergoroth Marksman. There is no other tamed mob that can use ranged attacks as their normal.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    But its not just for asthetic, though thats most of my desire. There is only 1 ranged mob. Sure, you can get elemental skills and debuffs. But for a ranged land mob, you only get one option. Eldergoroth Marksman. There is no other tamed mob that can use ranged attacks as their normal.

Eldergoroth Sharpshooter, as well as all variety of cactapods are also ranged. I personally used the ones from Eden for range pulls since their range is based on starting level.
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Eldergoroth Sharpshooter, as well as all variety of cactapods are also ranged. I personally used the ones from Eden for range pulls since their range is based on starting level.

Ahh, forgive me. I had forgotten about them, since low levels are low range and fairly weak for effective use. I had not seen any in eden myself, but then again every time I have gone has been with wine. And not often at that being Sage. Thank you for telling me. Wonder if Quactuar would be a good name >.>. Maybe name him Taco! But it doesnt fit the theme Im going for pet wise on my main veno. X3 Was kinda hoping for a little variety, heck, maybe a single ranged mob with a feminine or beast/female mix apearance. *Still mildly jealous bat veno npc have the bat wings too... even if aparently ornamental only.*
    The dino from the imperial fury is new. I don't have it cause my veno is not lvl 100 yet, but i heard he's pretty a good pet.

Hnnn, I havnt gotten there yet either. He is a battle pet?
  • Sheogorath - Momaganon
    Sheogorath - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2012

It's the skeleton dino looking pet. There's an all class version that you get from one of the orders and then there's the tameable version which is really quite rare but from what I've heard has some pretty nice stats and can be used in instances.
    edited July 2012
    The main reason I wont get a herc is I cant stand the color.

It's like if someone say he don't want R9r cause the color. If you don't want the ''best'' pet only cause the color it's a bit stupid, but it's your choice, there's a lot of other pets.

There's probably more than 50 tamable pets, why want more?

For the dino i heard he's better than the herc, but i didn't try it myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    It's the skeleton dino looking pet. There's an all class version that you get from one of the orders and then there's the tameable version which is really quite rare but from what I've heard has some pretty nice stats and can be used in instances.

Thank you, oh mighty god of madness. I shall take heed and place offering of thread, lesser soul gem, and a head of lettus in thanks when next I pass your altar. ^.^
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ahh, forgive me. I had forgotten about them, since low levels are low range and fairly weak for effective use. I had not seen any in eden myself, but then again every time I have gone has been with wine. And not often at that being Sage. Thank you for telling me. Wonder if Quactuar would be a good name >.>. Maybe name him Taco! But it doesnt fit the theme Im going for pet wise on my main veno. X3 Was kinda hoping for a little variety, heck, maybe a single ranged mob with a feminine or beast/female mix apearance. *Still mildly jealous bat veno npc have the bat wings too... even if aparently ornamental only.*

That merchant or whatever it was again is referred to as "he" in quests, as well as the... female-looking apothecary in plume is referred to as "he"... Tranny npc's ftw ._.*runs off* YES. I READ QUESTS! b:shocked

Further, I do agree that it would be nice to see more new pets for venomancers. The last 2 expansions were quite a dissapointment for a lot of veno's, myself included. The all-class pets are fun and all, but give veno's some love :/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheogorath - Momaganon
    edited July 2012
    Thank you, oh mighty god of madness. I shall take heed and place offering of thread, lesser soul gem, and a head of lettus in thanks when next I pass your altar. ^.^

That would be most appreciated as I'm running low
    b:laugh
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    It's like if someone say he don't want R9r cause the color. If you don't want the ''best'' pet only cause the color it's a bit stupid, but it's your choice, there's a lot of other pets.

Actually, statistically Glacial walker with herc skills, obtainable through faction base heavenly vault if Im not mistaken, is on par with if not a little stronger/tougher, and for half the cost, maybe even 1/4th than the herc is. Especially on an unaltered Herc. If I recall, the Magmite is also an option, though he is non-elemental where Walker is Water.

Ive seen many veno with a herc fail because he could not keep agro, without Roar, herc is handicapped a bit. Im going from experience in watching veno who have hercs, and high level at that. Bash is nice, but I dont see it as useful in the slightest, Herc already has a powerful physical attack, so he really doesnt need a skill that deals the same type of damage, and hes useless in Caster Vana because of that. While a Glacial Walker with mag def and maybe phys def 1 hour buffs, along with Roar and Icicle that is has naturally, would be alot more useful, and stands a chance of surviving each of the bosses, and perhaps even against Ancestor himself.

That and Glacial walkers look so awesome standing there pulling their heads off to poke at, then putting it back on. As well as slapping the heck out of a foe with each normal attack. While Herc sits down when not attacking, sometimes even during battle, and as attacks he does an elbow drop, or just punches. Not quite as awesome looking. Id kinda want incentive of at least being able to change his color if I was gonna get one for one of my other veno. ^.^;;
    edited July 2012
    The dino pet can be tame in Morai, so i don't know which lvl you are since your avatar show a cleric, you need to be lvl95 to enter in Morai and the pet is lvl 100 (or 101? not sure).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    The dino pet can be tame in Morai, so i don't know which lvl you are since your avatar show a cleric, you need to be lvl95 to enter in Morai and the pet is lvl 100 (or 101? not sure).

My veno is ony my main account, since I needed a cleric for those times when she kinda.. well, dies. Though somehow this one became my main, and the veno's my secondary. @.e

But she is lv.93 at the moment, so I cant enter morai just yet. Ive been leveling the slow way so I could get all my skills and gear as I get to each benchmark level wise. Who knew it would take me a year.
    b:chuckle
    edited July 2012
    My veno is ony my main account, since I needed a cleric for those times when she kinda.. well, dies. Though somehow this one became my main, and the veno's my secondary. @.e

But she is lv.93 at the moment, so I cant enter morai just yet. Ive been leveling the slow way so I could get all my skills and gear as I get to each benchmark level wise. Who knew it would take me a year.
    b:chuckle

Good job, i wish more people was like you and take time to lvl up and learn the class and farm gears. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sheogorath - Momaganon
    edited July 2012

The pet is level 101 most assuredly.
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Good job, i wish more people was like you and take time to lvl up and learn the class and farm gears. :3

Thank you!
    b:cute

I research, study, and practice with them, as well as other classes. The more you know of each class, the easier it is to work with them, especially when sequencing debuffs at one time. Since youll know how long each lasts, and the CD. I feel bad when a cleric has to explain to others they cant put BB up instantly after it goes down right after casting it because of a stun or interupt during it.

I also team leveled with a group to work on seeker and mystic for a while, feeling out their debuffs and how they work. Im sorta scared how much damage can pile up with that Morai Sacraficial Slash for Seekers. Since the defense level reduction can be quid pro qued, and takes your current defense level value into account, buffs, gems and all. And thats before heart shatter, tangling mire, extreme poison, and mystics Befuddling creeper. I saw from that alone, 50% more damage total during that 15 seconds, than on a spark/mire/poison/creeper alone, same for those in the squad. Now imagine having that during Heavens Flame from a BM, Amp from a veno, and a Clerics seals. All at one time, while everyone that can sparks. *shivers* Id almost feel bad for a boss if one or more in squad were high aps during that. And since pet damage is not nerfed on a [?] boss... that is gonna sting.
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    The pet is level 101 most assuredly.

Ow... 101... that could take me another year to get to from where I sit at 93. Thank you oh wise mad god. I shall double the offering for your sharing in such wisdom.
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Now its seems they just put 1 new pet per each new expansion. But added at least 8 when Raging Tides came out. Is it really that hard to add new pets, or alter a mob into tameable, even if it has other types of its species that are?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well the nice thing about the dino is it's comparable to a nix and is usable in dungeons. SO at least if they only added one pet this expansion, it's surely one hell of a pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    we got like 3 with tides, and for sure 1 with earth guard maybe a few more, but when i look at the amount of venos that actually use any of the old pets. there is almost no reason for them to do all that programming work, hell i dont know why they made so many different mobs in starting areas, or large starting areas in general. Seems like it is mostly ignored past the 1week or so it takes to go through. I would love to have quests that brought us back to the original areas with bosses, or mobs hidden just out of noob reach

As for the EG expansion, As far as I know, there was not a single tameable battlepet with that expansion. Sure, there were some new all-class pets, but those don't count for venos. It's not like it's hard to make a mob tameable either, they just left it out entirely.

So as I said earlier, since RT Veno's have really been left out. With the exception of the level 100(1?) rare dino pet that is extrememly hard to find since it has a random respawn time, there have not been any new tameable battle pets released. That's two years of expansions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    As for the EG expansion, As far as I know, there was not a single tameable battlepet with that expansion. Sure, there were some new all-class pets, but those don't count for venos. It's not like it's hard to make a mob tameable either, they just left it out entirely.

So as I said earlier, since RT Veno's have really been left out. With the exception of the level 100(1?) rare dino pet that is extrememly hard to find since it has a random respawn time, there have not been any new tameable battle pets released. That's two years of expansions.

Its sad >.< I was hoping for more than just 1.

I mentioned earlier wanting at least one of those frozen assassin mobs in FCC, Snowshadow or Icyshadow either one. But nothing in there is tameable. Now, I can dig the 'but its a wraith infested dungeon' bit... a little. *rolls eyes and looks at Wraith's swamp* Headless horsemen mobs are tameable there and in other places. The Petalil IN the dungeon, is as well. Now, try again on 'but its a wraith tainted mob'. I think there is even one other tameable mob in Wraithgate besides the petalil.

Also, I point out the comment, and mention wraith tainted, because I recall the pet tamer herself bringing this up when you are working on the quest to obtain the tame skill. But its inconsistent when compared to various mobs around perfect world and in dungeons. Though Morai makes perfect sense. Every mob in there is in fact a person or creature magically transformed into a vicious beast. Kinda makes one wonder about the dino... *shrugs* Odds of someone actually trying to kill one to find out vs. taming in the hopes of selling though? Nah.

And Old Heaven's Tear...? I could dig taming one of the clam girl mobs in there or in the oceans of Perfect World. The crab claw mob is interesting as well. And in the oceans of PW, why cant we tame a shark? Come onnnn... Having a summonable Jaws would be awesome. Show us Venomancers some love PWI. At least add a few more water types here and there to make leveling the water pets easier, not all of us like seeing this fat over-fed looking puffer fish. I took the time to level an Undine Elemental myself. Lv.72 and so far not really that hard to do. Sharks in misfortune til about 54 I think, then the Spear mobs south of Dream Weaver til I think it was 63, and Then I moved into OHT, nice lv.80 mobs that dont stun you every chance they get... It was a little rough at first, but evened out nicely.

I dont think we have gotten a single new water pet, not even from Raging Tides. 7 land and 1 air, but no water. And its an aquatic race. >.<
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My herc is level 101 and for some reason I was absolutely excited thinking that new Dino pet would be a flyer - image my disappointment. I have no real interest in getting one, except maybe to put different debuff skills on it, but if you get to that level without having bought a herc then you get a similarly powerful pet basically for free.

Since there's been so much development in skills, how about new pet skills to choose from. Or maybe make the super skills in the faction base a bit more realistic in price. I meant seriously 35million for a skill???? It might be worth it to make my herc op like R8 or something but they just increase certain skill strength by 30% (from memory correct me if Im wrong but I think they change skills from 150% to 180%) so who the h.ell would pay 35mill for that - not me.

Venos - the forgotten class.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The dino pet is actually pretty good...base damage is probably closer to a nix and is 1aps, fairly good for instances. Don't know about its hp though.

There are some "different" pet skills in this game, but most people don't get them. You can dig them up in DT. I'm not talking about the herc/nix skills either although those are the most popular, there are others, like a Sacrifice scroll I have.

They need to basically update the old classes. Do something more with the useless skills a lot of classes have, get some new pets (land, sea, and air), and maybe have amphibious pets.

The mystic class is a lot less awkward to play simply because summons can fly, swim, and be on the ground. I'm not saying we need veno pets like that, but at least make some pets that won't get stuck on the ground or disappear when you walk over a bridge.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    all that programming work

This! Because the new devs are doing good if they get one version of a mob scripted and in game. Even the old ones had issues at times. Tame a heartless wolf and see how bad the pet version of the model is.
  • Nevetira - Sanctuary
    Nevetira - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The main reason I wont get a herc is I cant stand the color. Id rather have pink than that sickly yellow, or purple if I could manage.
    Yay! Apparently, I'm not the only one hating Herc.
    I have Herc, but I leave him at level 31 whereas my veno is at level 81 just because I hate training an ugly pet like Herc lolz

I wish Herc had a better look :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
  • Yulande - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Yay! Apparently, I'm not the only one hating Herc.
    I have Herc, but I leave him at level 31 whereas my veno is at level 81 just because I hate training an ugly pet like Herc lolz

I wish Herc had a better look :3

THANK YOU!
    b:kiss

I know Im not the only one in my fac, well, either one Im in, that thinks the same. Herc is not an 'I win' button, just like aps isnt for any other class. Sure, it helps in certain cases. But its not gonna save you in others. Im to the point if people keep insisting I should get one, Im gonna pull Tim the Glacial walker out and say. 'Come at me. Tim will 'bishop slap you across the floor.'

Yes, I plan to get the faction skills for 1 hour m-def and def buffs for Tim. But Im not gonna call him a poor-mans Herc. An unaltered herc is handicapped, I cant count the number of times Roar has pulled my backside off the fire when I overdo my damage. Herc doesn't come with roar naturally, Glacial walker does though. What good is a tank that cant hold agro from a DD, or quickly grab agro if it dies or is your backup tank should the main fall? Roar is fun in that it, in my opinion, gives the same agro+the skills value, on that particular mob, from whoever has the highest at that moment. Ive pulled agro mid battle with 1 roar to buy the healers a couple seconds to mend the tank when his hp was low, and Tim was freshly summoned.
  • DeadlyHeart - Harshlands
    DeadlyHeart - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i have to say...is it too much to ask for at least 3-5 tameable pets per expansion? i will admit though the dino does give some inspiration to lvling where i have otherwise become bored and mildly frustrated as a lvl 100 veno.

i'd love to see a change in how the herc looks. hell i never wanna get one cuz of how it looks even if someone were to buy it for me since i don't care to spend the money myself.
    although i do have a lvl 100 shaodu cub that i've invested about 20mil coins on (strong skill bought and all skills maxed) so it works for me very well although some people keep putting me down for being "cheap" to use it. their loss and inexperience. plus it's totally adorable.

as much as i'd love to see new pets i do get that there are soo many tameable mobs that are generally not used much. alot of the low lvl pets do really well when lvled compared to taming new ones every few lvls. sure it's a pain and takes time but the general end result is a pet with better speed, attack and def.

so technically venos don't even need new pets but i'll agree that something needs to change and absolutely have no objections to more tameable mobs. what i really think would be cool would be a couple new skills for pets. new pets and new skills. would definitely help keep me more interested in this game.
    I am an altaholic lol:
    Im_an_AS.S - 100 rb1 sin
    (why does the forums not like my sin's name?)
    Kestralwing - 9x cleric
    ImaStolenCat - 9x Barb
    FruityCitrus - 100 rb1 Wiz
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When 90% of the veno population use a standard range of 5-6 pets only and neglets the rest , why should they even bother create new data if most venos will end up on the typical ones.

I dont support the devs of this game , but sometimes it is the players themselves who are partially responsible for situations like these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue