Alt guilds on TW map :P

13»

Comments

• TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On Dreamweaver, Bootycamp (they'll always try to claim they aren't an alt faction of the #1 faction Regenesis, but this is nonsense, since their tw strength doubles with the Regenesis alts show up; I've twed against them with and without the alts, and the difference is huge) controls 4-5 lands. Sprouts, another alt faction of Regenesis, had lands land-locked for a while safely behind Regenesis lines, till the #2 faction Dynasty cleared them out a month or so ago.

So what the OP is suggesting is, indeed, happening on Dreamweaver server. Very shady business, but as others point out, what can you prove?

You can thank the 6 month TW reset for this.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQ

alt guilds are dominant on your TW map = server fails.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    alt guilds are dominant on your TW map = server fails.

Nonsense, it just means that the dominant faction is made up of a group of members with way too much time on their hands, hence the well geared alts. It is a common scenario for the strongest players to gravitate to a single faction. This often tends to make their TW dull, since wars end very quickly; thus to entertain themselves they make alts.

Furthermore the alt faction isn't dominant, but its a middling power that has been largely left alone because factions # 2, 3, and 4 in strength tend to attack #1 in strength. Untouched by the top factions, it is thus able to carve out a small chunk of the map for itself when infused by the alts when the #1 faction doesn't have a tw ongoing.

Finally, you clearly lack imagination and wit, since you've repeated the same thing a number of times, and its still just as wrong. If you think your server is so amazing, go plant your *** back in it, or the next time your flapping tongue leaves it somebody is liable to mistake it for a worm and crush it underfoot.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lol I like the worm part,

at first it sounds like you were simply making a report of 'fact' and just saying "hey here's whats happening on DW" but the parts about affirming the OP, description of the 'alt factions', and how its all "shady business" really makes it sound as if you have some issue w/ alt factions on the map.

to that I say the same thing again, if alt factions are dominant on TW map = server fail, saying it more then once doesnt make it any less true (or any more true), though I dont know why I bother as people continued to post pages of QQ.

thank you for pointing out that the alt factions you are mentioning are mid level and are not dominant. However, if a faction, alt or not, is strong enough to be on the map what is the problem? In the end being unhappy about a mid tier faction (alt or not) on the map is like the kid w/ the triple choco cake being dissatisfied that the person next to them has a 3 day old jelly donut :o

and on the slim chance that you really don't have any issue w/ alt factions on the map what was the point of your post?
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Better.

The point was that for a very long time, the leader of Regenesis was wed to the leader of Bootycamp, and I believe the director of Regenesis was leader of Bootycamp at one point as well on his alt. Whether this toes the line or crosses it I'm not the one to say, but it could be seen to infringe on some of the TW rules. Clearly this faction never goes against Regenesis interests, and a goodly portion of its members are alts of the main faction. The precise rule states that you can't be leader of 2 TW factions at the same time, and this isn't that, but its damn close. Sprouts, the other alt faction of Regenesis, made entirely of Regenesis alts, was used for the classic 'obtain more of the map and gain more coin' strategy, by hiding the Sprout lands behind a wall of Regenesis-held lands. Again, I don't think a rule was crossed, but its toeing the line, so to speak. Hence, the 'grey'.

As the OP points out, its more than just wanting to have more fun TW; for all intents and purposes such alt factions are extensions of the main faction, coordinating attacks on other lands (such as recently when Regenesis and Bootycamp both attacked Tempest, the faction with the highest number of lands, and thus caused Tempest to lose 2 lands), and sequestering more of the land for coin purposes, to be used by the single, dominant faction. I don't recall the exact wording, but as far as intent goes, I'm fairly certain there isn't supposed to be coin flow between factions for TW purposes, but how can there not be in a faction composed entirely of alts?! Grey...

So you see.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like how people can argue that this isn't a fact of the game. It happens.

Just look at all the Account Stashed Gear on "Unknown players" that were power-leveled to 100 in the alt guilds. It's not hard to make a lvl 100+ player that can wear S3 Nirvana Armor (that is basically Account stashable R9). At least with real R9 the gear was bound to 1 player and this wasn't as much of a problem.

What's to stop people from doing this other than GMs. 1 person could power lvl 2-6 of the same class /armor type on one account put them in multiple guilds and TW as much as they want.

1 Easy Fix for GMs.. Start all wars at 0, 3, or 6 past the hour.
    If you have 3 defenses.. they still start 3 min apart
    If you were planning on going to another war after yours was over.. It's now harder due to the same starting times.

Of course.. this would probably cause "server instability"
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like how people can argue that this isn't a fact of the game. It happens.

Just look at all the Account Stashed Gear on "Unknown players" that were power-leveled to 100 in the alt guilds. It's not hard to make a lvl 100+ player that can wear S3 Nirvana Armor (that is basically Account stashable R9). At least with real R9 the gear was bound to 1 player and this wasn't as much of a problem.

What's to stop people from doing this other than GMs. 1 person could power lvl 2-6 of the same class /armor type on one account put them in multiple guilds and TW as much as they want.

1 Easy Fix for GMs.. Start all wars at 0, 3, or 6 past the hour.
    If you have 3 defenses.. they still start 3 min apart
    If you were planning on going to another war after yours was over.. It's now harder due to the same starting times.

Of course.. this would probably cause "server instability"

I don't know for the other servers, but on HL some faction ask the leader to wait them to finish the first war.

Ex: Faction A have 2 defense wars the same day at 20:03 (vs faction B) and 20:06 (vs faction C), Then lead of faction A pm lead of faction C QQ about stack and ask C to wait that they are done with B to start.

So yea doesn't really matter if the wars all start at 20:00.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't know for the other servers, but on HL some faction ask the leader to wait them to finish the first war.

Ex: Faction A have 2 defense wars the same day at 20:03 (vs faction B) and 20:06 (vs faction C), Then lead of faction A pm lead of faction C QQ about stack and ask C to wait that they are done with B to start.

So yea doesn't really matter if the wars all start at 20:00.

except if your the atcking fac and ask to wait you can get banned for said behaviour as its happened at least on sanctuary. now for the rest of the post, its been like this the 3 yrs i have played and ppl are just now whining about it? whats next the fact u cant farm fcc mats anymore(you havent been able to for a long time)? if PWI wanted to fix it they would have a long time ago.
    edited July 2012
    except if your the atcking fac and ask to wait you can get banned for said behaviour as its happened at least on sanctuary. now for the rest of the post, its been like this the 3 yrs i have played and ppl are just now whining about it? whats next the fact u cant farm fcc mats anymore(you havent been able to for a long time)? if PWI wanted to fix it they would have a long time ago.

I never heard that a faction can be ban for wait a other faction to start the TW.
    Sometime a faction attack by 3 other will ask to them to wait so they do the war one by one.

I personally think it's stupid, if the faction cannot defend 3 lands at the same time it's her problem, as i think it's stupid that some factions will plan to gank to destroy a faction beside try to have fair war.

And i don't know where you saw me ''whining'' in my previous post, i just said a information to show that even if all TWs start at the same time, that will change nothing.

On my server ''serious'' TW alt factions exist since the last reset of the map the 15th febuary 2012, i mean a main faction using a alt faction to get more lands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I never heard that a faction can be ban for wait a other faction to start the TW.

This happened once on HT like 2 years ago. A faction offered to wait for another faction to finish a TW, to see how a 1v1 how turn out between the two factions.

For those on HT, it was the Radiance vs TheEmpire fight, the plan was to defeat Tao in 30 mins, due to Radiance only offering that much time to wait, if I remember correctly. Tao members, threaten to ticket this in hopes of a ban, but nothing happened.

For the next reset, there will be the main TW factions, followed by the alt guilds, then the minor factions, followed by people soloing a land for TW income/pride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited July 2012
    This happened once on HT like 2 years ago. A faction offered to wait for another faction to finish a TW, to see how a 1v1 how turn out between the two factions.

On HL that happen pretty much every week. xD

But not to see 1vs1. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The attacking factions can choose to wait if they don't want a no show, but the ganked faction should be prepared to take what's coming to it if they can't defend multiple attacks. Asking to wait makes them ******* and they should lose TW income or something LOL.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The attacking factions can choose to wait if they don't want a no show, but the ganked faction should be prepared to take what's coming to it if they can't defend multiple attacks. Asking to wait makes them ******* and they should lose TW income or something LOL.

omg qui said a dirty word b:dirty
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    New TW changes should make it harder for alt/small guilds to bid, thus make it not worth for many to push in unprepared or using alt guild as it would be expensive D:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fw2i.wanmei.com%2Fnews%2Fbulletin%2F20120620%2F65753.shtml

IMO problem PWI has is closed instances in TW, where you cant bring your ally to assist where you can outnumber players that outgear you (like we had TW on HT last week, 2 guilds had to partly dissolve to win vs n1 guild - ally entrance would fix this). Guilds from different parts of the mat should enter TW instances to assist an ally and feild 100+ vs big guild that has 80 or .. 100 anyway XD

o_o we still want guild war's and ally to have more input in TWs

If wars instances are open like in other MMO's - it would not only make it much harder for 1 guild to control the server but would make it worth while for many players to participate in TWs where as now they lose much motive if they arent equipped and charmed properly.
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net