Is this game FUN anymore?

13»

Comments

• ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *excerpt*

Dosent it annoy you a Game you work so hard for a then the Company Ruins it?

I think this is the source of all my angst re: this game. PWI was really a great game at first,
    full of wonderful things. Then packs/selling rep/frost pwr-lvl'ing, etc. got introduced and
    ruined the whole atmosphere.

After playing several mmo's to try & find one to interest me, I began to see just how
    good this game was. It was all in the details. Oddly enuf, it turns out it was one of the
    more challenging games out there. Like I mentioned in another post, in this game, a
    player can actually be killed by the normal mobs when questing. Other games it seems
    to take basically no effort to kill mobs, no danger of dying.

Just off the top of my head, some other things I noticed:

game world is HUGE, you can fly around forever virtually seamlessly. Just such an
    immense & open world, not having to go from instance to instance.

things like digging mats--other games they sit right there, easily accessible, no
    danger in digging--sometimes they don't even disappear, you need 10 of them, just click on same plant 10 times. In PWI, yes, they're sometimes easily accessible, but other
    times a mob is standing near, or one spawns near, or begins to walk toward you
    while ur digging. Like I said, just little details like that.

all mobs (save immediate starter zones) are aggressive. I still cannot get used to
    other games, just walking thru a whole crowd of mobs in safety. By the same token,
    other games tend to put dozens & dozens of mobs all crowded together. I like how
    in PWI, they're spread out & you often have to go running to find another one you
    need.

Basically, it's like other games give me the feeling "what's the point?" No challenge, no
    sense of danger. PWI tends to have that greater sense of danger (although it's getting less because of some changes made)--therefore, a greater sense of accomplishment
    when completing quests, etc.

It's almost like the game has been "dumbed down", and I hate to see that.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For all of you (including the OP) that think the game isn't fun anymore - go play something else instead of just being negative about it here. We all know they have made a lot of mistakes with this game. There is no need to rehash them on so many threads.

As to your questioning us if the game is still fun.... obviously some of us think so, or we wouldn't still be playing regularly. I very much enjoy it still despite having played since 2008, and I still play every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sinister - Heavens Tear
    Sinister - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This game isn't fun anymore and the ONLY reason theres still people clinging to this awful pay to win game is because of all of the hard earned cash they have fed into the PWE monster. People are afraid to call it quits because they would have to come to terms with the fact they spent thousands on a game that is no longer entertaining as a recreational activity. admit it people its not friends you have made that keeps you here cause you have facebook, twitter, yahoo, msn, vent, raidcall, and numerous other ways to keep in touch with friends. ITS THE MONEY ITS ALWAYS BEEN THE MONEY and until all the servers get shut down its gonna continue to have a strangle hold on people who can't admit that to themselves.
  • FierySlasher - Raging Tide
    FierySlasher - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This game isn't fun anymore and the ONLY reason theres still people clinging to this awful pay to win game is because of all of the hard earned cash they have fed into the PWE monster. People are afraid to call it quits because they would have to come to terms with the fact they spent thousands on a game that is no longer entertaining as a recreational activity. admit it people its not friends you have made that keeps you here cause you have facebook, twitter, yahoo, msn, vent, raidcall, and numerous other ways to keep in touch with friends. ITS THE MONEY ITS ALWAYS BEEN THE MONEY and until all the servers get shut down its gonna continue to have a strangle hold on people who can't admit that to themselves.

reminds me of this
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    good thing i am not well.
    time to go discover something not from PW!

ppl all QQ in the end the keep playing the game teach em lesson STOP playing it.

and for those poopheads who say " why are you still posting here?"

cause i want to and you cant do anything abt it.

Next is game fun?

Fun died when anniversary packs came and when they added Rank stuff to cash shop.

for those wondering if they must come back ?
    DONT bother coming back in the end you will Spend real Money and end up with nothing but epic Fail Waste of Time!

Dosent it annoy you a Game you work so hard for a then the Company Ruins it?

PWI got that Image in the Market and it will Never change!b:bye

First of all, not being well, is NEVER a good thing.

Now I'll agree that rank items was a bit much, although I say that mainly because of their occasional decision to give them undetermined dates to end the sale. It kills the market and make some items hard to find since all the people are snatching them up for their gear.

I don't think the fun FOR YOU PEOPLE, died when anni packs came. More like when tiger packs went permashop, and the others followed suit.

Annoying? Don't act like your **** ain't stinking. It isn't entirely PWI's fault here.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So you can't talk to your friend because his alt was removed?

He's on all the farking time.

This does not make sense.

Seriously though, almost all of my in game friends are dirty Vindis. I talk to them whenever I go online and do all sorts of junk with them from farming (i know i know, farming, me?) to bhs to cube to chilling outside west. I don't understand why you can't hang with your buddy just cuz he's not in the same faction on his farming alt.
    cause they want to have their cake and eat it too. Blaming the faction and the game is the best way to hide your selfishness. When it comes to bigger factions I think their so obsessed with themselves, they prolly dont realize WHY the no-alt policy. Cause there are tards that go about sneaking pples hard worked strats, and relaying them to their faction of choice. Just last week we had to remove one of them cause we decided to be nice and let them be in dual TW factions. Sometimes when a TW faction is too lenient, it costs not just one person, but alot of other pple and their money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Take a week or two off the game, and you won't even question whether or not you should keep playing. I was on the fence for a while and after a break you get some perspective and see that there are so many good new games out there that you will enjoy a lot more pretty much this was an awesome game but it's run its course. Well done too by outlining everything you meant by this thread, It nipped the 100s of "don't play then this games fine" in the bud.

I have to agree, because I left proably last December and return now and then.

Fresh perspective really is what it's about - I have no clue now -WHY- I was angry at folks in other guilds, or that came from the previous version of PW (PW-MY).

I play another game, but the one thing it does not have, is the friendships and closeness you have in PWI.

So, playing for fun should be at the top - not to gear up, get your kill count up or just snub/show up folks that got on your bad side.

Leaving for a bit does tend to give new perspective. PW is a good game but when they let it become a pay-to-win they did so much harm to it.

I play A---N and you have to farm everything or craft it.

But yeah I logged about the time one large guild left and .. I miss them. You love to hate them, grief them but at the same time -- they added spice to the game, something missing in most other games.

And Longknife - got to appreciate his uniqueness..
  • War_Dawg - Sanctuary
    War_Dawg - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sarrafeline
    I read the whole post and I can honestly say I feel your pain I am kinda in the same boat as you. I started playing on PWMS then came to this version and server back when gold was 250k as compared to the 1.5 mil plus these days. I myself have 1 of ea class and 2 of a few and have been in a few of the premier factions as well so I can totally relate to that topic as well in dealing with alts and having them in other TWing factions and someone trying to tell you what to do with your chars that you have the time money and coin invested into. I have between 1-2k real dollars 4 yrs and a billion plus in coin invested into this game so its hard to just up and quit. Its like you said its all about the fun and if you can't find the fun then whats the point, everything has gotten just absurdly expensive its sad when you have a half a billion coin in the bank and its just barely enough to equip 1 char with end game gear. Its bad enough that the mobs in the game want to kill you but now a lot of the players want to do the same and take your stuff and then talk thrash about it in world chat there are way to many prepubescent drama mavens in the game squads are still next to impossible to find and when you do alot of the times like you said they are such noobs your better off power leveling your char n just soloing it. Plus to top it off I myself have had nothing but problems with the client just crashing and bug reporting that its pointless to try n get anything done, So with all that said is there anything really left to come back to? You wanted honest opinions well there's mine.