Heavy gear or Light gear :/ ?

2»

Comments

• Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    While yes a ranged class is a melees threat, I'm looking purely at a sin. They have High Dex which allows them to have high evasion which further can help be reduced by Tidal/Focused chance of taking damage from physical attacks. Magic on the other hand can never miss, though can still hit 1 from focused. The fact that magic has one less thing to worry about (not missing) stacked to the fact HA has no magic defense is why I say that. All the other melee classes though have some kind of perk to help them against Magic where as sins kinda don't (unless you count focused which can't always be running)

BM - Magic Marrow

Barb - High amounts of HP and defensive skills

Seeker - High Defense levels

Sin - Focused mind (Though I think most use tidal protection instead so the focused mind bonus from sage/demon isn't much...)

To further the gap most HA will shard Magic defense in their armor where as sins will usually got DoT/cit as they are a DD class. That is why I'm not a fan of HA as a sin. Most will use the TT99 HA ornaments which will give you more pdef and the LA has more Mdef (obviously) then HA. The perks to HA is more HP per refine and that's about it IMO.

About the points highlighted as red...
    -evasion is broken. not for high dex classes, not against. i mean that i've had pure dex sins, archers, fist bms, etc, miss on me (i'm a psychic if you're too lazy to check my core). don't get me wrong, more evasion is better in all cases (assuming you're not sacrificing something for it, which dex builds aren't). it's just that evasion cannot be relied upon.

-HA has no magic defense? wtf. if we were to compare the three tt80 gold tops, you'd see that HA has the best overall defense, having aprox. 900% the amount of pdef that the AA top gives, but only having 40% of the mdef. comparing this HA top the LA top, HA has almost 300% the pdef of the LA, but having approx. 65% of the mdef. plus the fact that HA refines better for more overall defense... (these numbers I pulled out of my *** just by looking at the gar itself, i'm not an archer, and i'm yoo lazy to do the exact calculations regarding this (despite my nameb:chuckle), but i'd be grateful, if you don't choose to disregard my hypothesis completely, if you were to get the exact numbers or rephrase what i'm trying to convey.b:cute)

-you're right, sins do not have a specific skill to help aid against magic, but they have, like you say, Focused Mind, essentially giving them 25% evasion to magic. sins also have stealth, making them immune to EVERYTHING (yes, I know there are stupid sins and there are sin pots and aoes and higher level sins and blah blah blah), as well as Deaden Nerves. the thing is, Stealth, Deaden Nerves, and Focused Mind also help against melee as well as magic.

-i'm not sure about counting seekers as a (purely) melee class...

-HA will shard magic defense? i won't even bother.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.