New SOT boss sucks

Deadly_Force - Raging Tide
Deadly_Force - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
i spend ages making this toon (sin) and getting gear just to have a new boss that slaughters aps..
well ty pwi full squad and we just keep die'in
is it in the contence of the squad that does it cos no barb??
had seeker sin sin cleric archer bm
old bosses that'd be a fine build but not now..
please explain how ya supposed to do it now a days..
Thank you
Post edited by Deadly_Force - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i spend ages making this toon (sin) and getting gear just to have a new boss that slaughters aps..
    Thank you

There are numerous threads how to kill the new bosses, you can`t just aps herpa derp anymore at seat boss.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There are numerous threads how to kill the new bosses, you can`t just aps herpa derp anymore at seat boss.

Yeah instead of pressing 2 buttons you need to press mabye 6+, all you need to do is have a barb in squad and control your aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Deadly_Force - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    well im having a good wine.. the ammount a **** u get from handing in a bh is bull u need soo many slots open to get **** u dont want
    edited June 2012
    Yeah instead of pressing 2 buttons you need to press mabye 6+, all you need to do is have a barb in squad and control your aggro.

i usually press many more than 2 buttons mate just cos thats all that sum do..
    and yay for multi threads i dont have time to sift through crud and people like me qqing
    im just pissed that i built this toon ages ago and now they have f'd it.
    i enjoyed killing things quickly so i can do other things..
    anywho im done venting sorry for waisting your time.
  • Aewyn - Raging Tide
    Aewyn - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    3 sins 2 bm 1 cleric full aps

all spark + HF + GS + Mire and cya Captation

these work for me

oh i remember all or nothing, win or die, only chance :P

ciao
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If sins are QQing then it must mean the game is moving slowly in the right direction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Shdknght - Dreamweaver
    Shdknght - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If sins are QQing then it must mean the game is moving slowly in the right direction.

Not gonna hold my breath but it be a start for once, good way to "Nerf" sins instead of the whole aps nerfing thing and by the way am just sayin it be nice if pwi actually went back to its "ole" ways of teamwork and not speed -_-
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Still using just 2, spark + skill macro b:avoid

Actually there are quite some bms/seekers/sins/archers (from most likely to less likely)that can tank it. However, they need pretty good gear and some braincells (till now I still have to come across a seeker that actually uses his angels correctly b:surrender) whereas a barb can do it easily with TT90s gear.

I really don't get all the QQ about these bosses. I also died quite some times to figure out how they work. BH aba and seat aren't worth soloing anymore for me, even if I still can. On the other hand, bosses are fast to get to and easily done unwined. Not a bad trade-off imo.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited June 2012
    you can`t just aps herpa derp anymore at seat boss.

Yeah you can, but need to be able to actually tank . Sadly to many aps classes don't know how to and have got lazy relying on BP to heal their poor 5-6k HP
    Simple hint: If you can't tank don'y try to take agro
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can't help it but lol at all the QQ about these bosses. Come on, they aren't that hard. You just need something other than *gasp* sins in your squad.

Get someone who can tank the SOT boss. Not necessarily a barb. Anyone that has the HP to survive it. Cleric should BB or IH + Purify (the bleed), whatever works for the squad. The most important, don't steal aggro from the tank. You can also bring a veno to purge the healing buff of the boss if necessary.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • knightsdarksoul
    edited June 2012
    I can't help it but lol at all the QQ about these bosses. Come on, they aren't that hard. You just need something other than *gasp* sins in your squad.

Don't get me wrong there are alot of good Sin's out there with the gear and/or ability to tank pretty much anything. But that's not all Sins, they feel that because they were able to tank the old bosses then there must be some kind of unwritten rule that says they should be able to tank everything.
    But hey gratz you got +10 Daggers, now how about improving your armour shards and refines higher than +4 so you can tank sh*t
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not gonna hold my breath but it be a start for once, good way to "Nerf" sins instead of the whole aps nerfing thing and by the way am just sayin it be nice if pwi actually went back to its "ole" ways of teamwork and not speed -_-
    It's not even about the APS. This is filtering out what it should, IMO. All these Sins who get their mediocre g13 daggers to +8 or more at 5aps, barely bothering to refine anything else sitting at 5~6k HP thinking their gods and can tank/solo anything. If a Sin wants to tank now....he's gotta earn it via actually refining his gear (other than daggers) past +3 or +4 (*gasp*)
    Sure Sins who are 5aps and have 13k HP or whatever can tank it....so can any other class with that much HP and can hold aggro.
    Its filtering out a lot of mediocrity that passed for godliness...and this is speaking as a Sin who cannot tank aba/sot BH's anymore.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    OMGERD! The OP went in with a crappy APS squad and didn't get BH done. Shut. Down. Everything.
    edited June 2012
    It's not even about the APS. This is filtering out what it should, IMO. All these Sins who get their mediocre g13 daggers to +
    [/LIST]8 or more at 5aps, barely bothering to refine anything else sitting at 5~6k HP thinking their gods and can tank/solo anything. If a Sin wants to tank now....he's gotta earn it via actually refining his gear (other than daggers) past +3 or +4 (*gasp*)
    Sure Sins who are 5aps and have 13k HP or whatever can tank it....so can any other class with that much HP and can hold aggro.
    Its filtering out a lot of mediocrity that passed for godliness...and this is speaking as a Sin who cannot tank aba/sot BH's anymore.[/QUOTE]

as a point of interest i have good gear +10 armors josd's vits and dot's
    10770 base hp the first hit is like 16k deaden nerves solves that but still..
    i wasnt in the most amazing squad and theie for we went splat..
    i shouldnt have to pair up with others with top notch gear just to do a bh
    (wepon +12 netherworld guidance sac int vit 2 garnets)
    thats all i beleived it to be a bit over the top..
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2012

b:chuckle
    Yeah you can, but need to be able to actually tank . Sadly to many aps classes don't know how to and have got lazy relying on BP to heal their poor 5-6k HP
    Simple hint: If you can't tank don'y try to take agro

well, time to get armor and weapon refines to equal lvls now
    defense and hp is far more important now

it was before if ppl planned on doing TT but all they did was nirvana :x
    +12 rank 9 dagger and 4k hp - what has been seen.. cannot be unseen
    i like potato
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    well, time to get armor and weapon refines to equal lvls now
    defense and hp is far more important now

it was before if ppl planned on doing TT but all they did was nirvana :x
    +12 rank 9 dagger and 4k hp - what has been seen.. cannot be unseen

I vote they change the 1st nirvana boss (at least) in something similar to the new aba/seat bosses ! b:laugh
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I vote they change the 1st nirvana boss (at least) in something similar to the new aba/seat bosses ! b:laugh

I vote make every TT, normal nirvana, caster nirvana bosses like SoT bh boss,
    I will be everybody's friend b:nosebleed
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    i wasnt in the most amazing squad and theie for we went splat..
    i shouldnt have to pair up with others with top notch gear just to do a bh
    (wepon +12 netherworld guidance sac int vit 2 garnets)
    thats all i beleived it to be a bit over the top..

You don't need top tier gear for do this new bh. You need people you don't rely on Bloodpaint to be healed and people who will hold back a little and let the tank do their job (whatever class that may be) even if the boss will take...oh dear...a few more seconds to kill.

If people think you need OP gear for the new content that was added with this mini expansion...they are doing something wrong. Very wrong.

• Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2012

So the game will stop being boring?
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What.

We killed it just fine with barb, cleric, 2 bms and 2 sins. Of course it took us ages due to the lack of magical DD but overall it seemed ten times more idiot proof than abaddon boss. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    but overall it seemed ten times more idiot proof than abaddon boss. lol

Win xD
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't think gear is the problem. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and some APS people are still crying because they are unable to connect the dots and adapt. The problem is obviously between the keyboard and chair.

I don't care how much money people dumped into their sins. They need to accept the fact that they can't tank everything and start adding classes that can tank these bosses if they are sick of eating dirt. They would also need to cut back on the damage a little and let the tank do it's job, but it would be a lot faster than party wiping 5 times and waiting for the cleric to run back to rez everybody. Amirite? Unfortunately, the concept of backing off so they don't steal aggro is something that does not compute for most sins. b:chuckle

The new Abaddon boss with a mostly APS squad was... amusing.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't think gear is the problem. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and some APS people are still crying because they are unable to connect the dots and adapt. The problem is obviously between the keyboard and chair.

I don't care how much money people dumped into their sins. They need to accept the fact that they can't tank everything and start adding classes that can tank these bosses if they are sick of eating dirt. They would also need to cut back on the damage a little and let the tank do it's job, but it would be a lot faster than party wiping 5 times and waiting for the cleric to run back to rez everybody. Amirite? Unfortunately, the concept of backing off so they don't steal aggro is something that does not compute for most sins. b:chuckle

The new Abaddon boss with a mostly APS squad was... amusing.

Funny, as soon as (most) sins have to think half as much as any other class has to when killing stuff. They have a brain **** and die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thank you

You sir, are the reason that I vote for them to put new bosses like this on nirvana and TT too.

It must suck having use your brain to play. b:shutup

P.S: I bet this guy will start asking for ppl to link him their weapon now lol.
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Another "QQ can't APS boss to death QQ" thread. Learn how to not rely on APS so much and you'll do just fine. I swear that ppl got so used to APS on their toons that they dunno how to fight when they can't APS stuff to death. It's not like you absolutely need to kill the new bosses in 5 secs, they won't kill you if you take your time. They'll only kill you if you rush them.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thank you

Seriously people who complain are probably really bad geared, i just did today on my mystic lvl99, with a cleric with 3.5k hp and normals people, we was 2 myst, 1 cleric, 1 barb, 1 archer and 1 wizz, just TROLOLOLOL we did without sin and bm that was super fast and super easy no one die, so you guys should maybe post ur pwi calc when complaining cause i think the problem is ur gears or you don't know how to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Seriously people who complain are probably really bad geared, i just did today on my mystic lvl99, with a cleric with 3.5k hp and normals people, we was 2 myst, 1 cleric, 1 barb, 1 archer and 1 wizz, just TROLOLOLOL we did without sin and bm that was super fast and super easy no one die, so you guys should maybe post ur pwi calc when complaining cause i think the problem is ur gears or you don't know how to play.

The problem to me is the need for barb. There are simply so few barbs on Archo that getting my BHs done on sin w/o dualing on the barb the same time is just frustrating. I really dont feel like +10ing my sins armors is reasonable to simply tank a freaking BH boss. BHs were never a problem and all that was achieved was harder time for "normal" ppl to get their BHs done.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Dreao - Harshlands
    Dreao - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sins have skills for a reason, Use them.. Unless you can get this kind of sin: http://www.pwcalc.com/0ed947956aa92e4f Witch I highly doublt unless you have exactly 0% of a life.
    From start to bull****

-Perfect World International
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thank you

i to was used to always be tank then aps come along and stole it from me qq now it goten back where it belong to barb again me happy your not to bad maybe in two year you can have ur tank role back.

b:surrender see what i did there

barb used to always tank so now its back with us barbs in a hostle aps era b:bye
  • knightsdarksoul
    edited June 2012
    Meh both SoT and Aba bosses aint that hard, just solo'd them both on my BM . Only using my own class buff, No Hp buff, No BP , No cleric buffs.
    And I didn't even aps them and took less than 5 minutes
    Seriously cannot see why a full squad would struggle.