Skill I wish they would have given us

Options
ponyduck
ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Cleric
In thinking over the whole new set of morai skills, none of which impress me much tbh--
I tried to think up some skills that really WOULD be useful at end-game time.

I'm not very creative actually, so the only thing I could come up with is a skill
which enabled you, when hit, to immediately become stealthed for like 3-5 seconds.

Of course it would have all the other limiting factors such as "lasts 1 min." and
cd times, whatever.

My point basically is that end-game, I planned to partake majorly in PVP. I say
"planned" because just when I was getting to that point (level, gear, etc.), along
came sins and aps and--the final blow--r9 which could be purchased.

Now my PVP experience is: go out, immediately get stunned/hit 5 times and
die, all in 1 second. In other words, no fun at all.

When it was announced that new skills were coming out, I was really
expecting something that would counter these type of attacks. But nada.
Well, maybe the one where you stop the other player's healing (can't remember
what it's called)--that helps in PVP if you time it right.

Don't know if that stealth idea would really help or not, but it would still be
better than what they gave us. But it made me wonder if other players had
any good ideas for realistic skills for clerics that wouldn't unbalance (hah!) the
game, and make it more fun (translate: survivable) for clerics in PVP.
Post edited by ponyduck on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The only thing I really wanted out of the new skills was an anti-stun for clerics. But of course, I ask for too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    No. The the issue is short of using Plume Shell the clerics have very few defensive skills that can work passively in their favor. God Seal and chromatic seal require you to be able to target your attacker which sins pretty much can stun lock you and prevent that.

My advice is to have AD and time it so you'll survive the attack and it'll still be in effect when the stun duration ends so you can counter attack. Sins will always be OP and faceroll every class (besides r9 full josd barbs) without too much of an effort. And as a positive note. At least you're useful in TW. Sins aren't :)
    The only thing I really wanted out of the new skills was an anti-stun for clerics. But of course, I ask for too much.

I don't think any caster has an anti-stun skill. (Venos don't count because that was intended for melee venos when it was released.) That and the fact unless it was insta-cast you wouldn't really get the chance to use it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    No. The the issue is short of using Plume Shell the clerics have very few defensive skills that can work passively in their favor. God Seal and chromatic seal require you to be able to target your attacker which sins pretty much can stun lock you and prevent that.

My advice is to have AD and time it so you'll survive the attack and it'll still be in effect when the stun duration ends so you can counter attack. Sins will always be OP and faceroll every class (besides r9 full josd barbs) without too much of an effort. And as a positive note. At least you're useful in TW. Sins aren't :)

I don't think any caster has an anti-stun skill. (Venos don't count because that was intended for melee venos when it was released.) That and the fact unless it was insta-cast you wouldn't really get the chance to use it.

the morai skill for wizz arcane defense is pretty awsome that push u aways and remove the stunt (or other negative effect) tbh i wish i had that skill on cleric more than on wizz and its for 5 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the morai skill for wizz arcane defense is pretty awsome that push u aways and remove the stunt (or other negative effect) tbh i wish i had that skill on cleric more than on wizz and its for 5 minutes.

uhhh.. what?

Blinding Blaze
    Sand Miasma
    Ice Prison
    Life Reversion
    Spatial Reversion

None of those do that >_>
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    Options
    uhhh.. what?

Blinding Blaze
    Sand Miasma
    Ice Prison
    Life Reversion
    Spatial Reversion

None of those do that >_>

read my post again, i said the skill arcane defense remove the stunt and push u aways...

its the shroud skill for wizz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2012
    Options
    read my post again, i said the skill arcane defense remove the stunt and push u aways...

its the shroud skill for wizz.

The skills I listed are for wizard.....

Ecatomb didn't list that skill.

PWdatabase has the book description. It doesn't specifically say which ailments it removes if any and the % of being pushed away and how far.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The skills I listed are for wizard.....

Ecatomb didn't list that skill.

PWdatabase has the book description. It doesn't specifically say which ailments it removes if any and the % of being pushed away and how far.

The skill is at the top right corner on the wizard skill tree on Ecatomb.
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The skill is at the top right corner on the wizard skill tree on Ecatomb.

I stand corrected. Odd and random place to stick it considering its at the very bottom for everyone else but w/e. Once every 25 seconds isn't all that amazing tbh the sin can just poke you and when it activates telestun and then stun lock kill.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Roflrofl. Arcane defense is the best puri skill in game imo and I have it. If you think it doesn't exist you're trippin. I must add that mystics have an antistun skill.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Roflrofl. Arcane defense is the best puri skill in game imo and I have it. If you think it doesn't exist you're trippin. I must add that mystics have an antistun skill.

No one said it didn't exist I just didn't see it nor care enough. I rarely see wizards as it is let alone its effect is useless against my class. Other then when casting Energy Leech I dont see this effect you speak of for mystics.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Other then when casting Energy Leech I dont see this effect you speak of for mystics.

Energy Leech is the anti-stun. Derp. 6 secs for level 10/demon; 9 secs for sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited May 2012
    Options
    No one said it didn't exist I just didn't see it nor care enough. I rarely see wizards as it is let alone its effect is useless against my class. Other then when casting Energy Leech I dont see this effect you speak of for mystics.

Not all wizz have it yet since its a skill that requisite 3.5k prestige.
    I have it on wizz cause i started in shroud and i use it and it work very well, that remove the stunt and push u aways trust me its a life saver.
    It work in PVE but its more a PVP skill so if u dont PVP you maybe didnt saw it.

That remove stunt and that push around 25 meter (distance similar to shrink) so u might think that suck as skill but actually i think its one of the best ''defense'' skill and i wish that was a cleric skill beside wizz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Yes, see--something like this is what I had in mind as a useful skill for clerics.

Not having any char above lvl 100 except cleric, I haven't more than glanced at
    other new skills for them when they first came out. I now vaguely remember
    reading of this one for wizzies.

How I would love to have this on my cleric. In fact, in light of the op-ness of
    sins, each class should have been given an anti-stun skill of some sort. IMO, the
    only way to restore some balance back to the game is to provide skills that
    specifically counter the op abilities. This wiz skill is an example.

(And I can't believe it lasts 5 MIN.!!)
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yeah, any anti movement debuff skill or anti stun skill would have been cool.

I don't even ask for something that could break a stun. :(
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Give stealth to everybody isnt a solution to solve this game's problem.

Remove Packs and Nerfing (actual real nerf) Spark Damage and aps boost is.

Clerics can use apothecary and genie skills paired with guardian light . But an antistun would indeed be good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Not all wizz have it yet since its a skill that requisite 3.5k prestige.
    I have it on wizz cause i started in shroud and i use it and it work very well, that remove the stunt and push u aways trust me its a life saver.
    It work in PVE but its more a PVP skill so if u dont PVP you maybe didnt saw it.

That remove stunt and that push around 25 meter (distance similar to shrink) so u might think that suck as skill but actually i think its one of the best ''defense'' skill and i wish that was a cleric skill beside wizz.

Other than a Barb this skill is useless against every melee class.

Here's why.

Melee class pokes wizard. Wizard skill activates and now has a 25 second cooldown.
    Melee class jumps to target and **** it in under 25 seconds.

Sins - Shadow Teleport then stunlocks
    Seeker - Voidstep then Heartseek wrecks.
    BM - Reel In / Reckless Rush then stunlocks.

Such a useful skill indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Other than a Barb this skill is useless against every melee class.

Here's why.

Melee class pokes wizard. Wizard skill activates and now has a 25 second cooldown.
    Melee class jumps to target and **** it in under 25 seconds.

Sins - Shadow Teleport then stunlocks
    Seeker - Voidstep then Heartseek wrecks.
    BM - Reel In / Reckless Rush then stunlocks.

Such a useful skill indeed.

Its funny how some people speak for say nothing.

It work against bm and sin ijs. You should maybe desinstall the game...
    The only class that dont work is archer cause they are ranged...

For a wizz, since you dont look like know wizz skills at all, after been push by arcane if u use shrink you are a 50 meters of the sin,bm or w/e target unless you are stupid, you have time to do something at 50 meters of a enemy.

Its funny how people think 25 sec is like 5 minutes cd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    What I'd have liked to see was an immunity to any negative status effects while casting (not channeling) Violet Dance and a short period thereafter. To balance that out it could have a higher chi cost and cooldown or whatever.

You'd have to sacrifice your heals and a bit of HP for a while to get the effect, but at least you'd have some debuffs you can pull off before switching back to normal mode and getting a short immunity again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Its funny how some people speak for say nothing.

It work against bm and sin ijs. You should maybe desinstall the game...
    The only class that dont work is archer cause they are ranged...

For a wizz, since you dont look like know wizz skills at all, after been push by arcane if u use shrink you are a 50 meters of the sin,bm or w/e target unless you are stupid, you have time to do something at 50 meters of a enemy.

Its funny how people think 25 sec is like 5 minutes cd.

You obviously never played a melee class. Those teleport skills STUN. English isn't even your primary language and you're trying to talk like you understand it. Wizards skill procs. The melee class teleport STUNS before the wizard can cast distance shrink in the direction he/she wants. The wizard dies. Must be new to pk. Same thing happens when archers use leap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You obviously never played a melee class. Those teleport skills STUN. English isn't even your primary language and you're trying to talk like you understand it. Wizards skill procs. The melee class teleport STUNS before the wizard can cast distance shrink in the direction he/she wants. The wizard dies. Must be new to pk. Same thing happens when archers use leap.

For try it i can tell you that the skill (Arcane) push u aways and remove the stun and yes i have time to shrink after been push by arcane, so please never play wizz that will be a shame for wizz class to have a fail like you.

I didnt say i know melee class cause i dont and when i dunno something im not ashame to say it, but i know how my wizz skills react to melee attack on me.

You are maybe too slow and unskill to be able to survive to a stun, but some people are good and enough skilled and fast to survive to a stun.

English is not my primary language and i never said it was, its not perfect but people understand me and i understand them, but its funny when people like you are wrong and dont know what to say will automaticly attack the language of the person. You are fail and wrong so you attack me on my language when my language have nothing to do it with it, you can say my english suck all you want but you prolly insanly stupid cause you reply to me which mean you understand what i say. So if im able to write it (english) and u can understand, im able to read it as well u idiot. I saw a lot of people able to speak a language but not able write it, but i never saw someone able write it but unable read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Arcane Defense is useful, I don't know why people try to argue that. Having a passively activated defense mechanism would be something that I would kill for as a Cleric.

Even if that sin (BM leaps don't reach as far) catches you with that telestun, that's 1 less stun that you have to worry about against him/her. Even though it doesn't really matter for sins, it'll also be down 1 spark.

Any advantage is better than none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mesuki - Lost City
    Mesuki - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    A skill they should have given clerics, in terms of PvP: The Divine Blue Screen.
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Skill they should have given us - cleric: STUN IMMUNITY.

I gotta use genie all the time to stand a chance against sin/bm (I dont have seal of the god *smh*) b:sad
    Insanity b:thanks
  • Daeneryx - Raging Tide
    Daeneryx - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Roflrofl. Did you just post in the cleric forums that arcane defense, with the 25 sec cooldown, is the best puri skill in the game? b:chuckle

Sage Purify: 0.5s cast, 1s cooldown...

To the other people wondering about Arcane defense, it truly is over glorified. Yes, it is a useful skill, but it isn't a huge game changer. Sins still have two teleport skills, two stuns, two speed skills, a seal, freeze, sleep, and genie skills like occult ice to follow you and keep you from doing anything. Bm's just chain stuns like crazy, also have speed skills, and leaps. Seekers aren't going to melee autoattack on you anyways. Archers can even use it to their advantage; when you distance shrink into melee range for half damage, they can just punch you away back to full damage range. And barbs weren't really a problem in the first place.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    How is a cleric supposed to heal the barb in tw if they're halfway across the map? It's not like sins are the only ones attacking the cleric. It wouldn't matter to an archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EtherbIade - Harshlands
    EtherbIade - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Roflrofl. Did you just post in the cleric forums that arcane defense, with the 25 sec cooldown, is the best puri skill in the game? b:chuckle

Sage Purify: 0.5s cast, 1s cooldown...

Its more in the way anti-stun, a cleric stun cannot purify himself its why celric would like to have a anti-stun skill.

Arcane purify the stun and push away from 25 meters which yes could be a life saver, ofc maybe not ALL the time, but in some case that can give you time to do something else and on wizz if you shrink with it that mean around 50 meters from the enemy.

Im maybe wrong but i think arcane is the only skill that remove stun after be stun. If the skill wasnt push the wizz away i agree that will be a useless skill since some class stun chain, but it does purify-push 25 meters away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Wtf is wrong with you? You realize that this skill basically saves you from using genie energy to survive their initial attack right? Ever heard of badge of courage and fortify? Well, sin pops out of stealth with headhunt, auto attack puries stun and gives distance. Wizzie uses fortify at the same time so tele stun is effectively blocked and you can continue to kite, if they happen to get the stun in before fortifu, guess what, you can just badge out of it. 2 of their stuns on cd right there and you hadn't even used distance shrink, force of will, or soporific whisper.

Arcane Defense is a godsend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katteryne
    katteryne Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I agree with many of the opinions on here.

My dream skills on ep would be:

1) a tele/distance shrink. Even something similar to the sideways moves the archer now has would have been amazing.

2) A passive anti stun skill similar to alacrity.

3) A metal mage mode that wasn't a complete facepalm. Not using the majority of the support skills was more than enough of a tradeoff for going into VD imo. The 10% hp loss was completely unnecessary.
  • godofdust21
    godofdust21 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    how about one that helps us move quicker since we cant fly in caves and it annoys me when people dont let you catch up or keep running when your trying to buff them even though i tell them to wait they still dont and its even worse when everyone has one that increses movement speed and your sat there just watching them run away.
    I am a knight of Taragon.

AoE_Maniac (Seeker) - (Or as I call him my alt helper)
    FwipFwap - my soon to be farming sin
    TaragonNite - My stormy.
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Just recently mentioned to a friend that I'd really would have liked something along the lines of halving our mana usage - now that'd rock b:victory