HA Venomancer

13»

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    most aa are geared towards surving sin ganks...

anyway 3sec stun(sage only) and 8 sec freeze+silence and the damage of a pure build won't let you get close enough

b:laugh
    Thats what im saying
    if you have enough interval and a well refined weapon, stunning blast will give you enough time to purge (if fully buffed) and wack to death most LA and AA targets.
    Remember, stunning blast is just freeze. You can use defensive skills and pills while being frozen, mages can use their teleport, clerics will heal etc. Whom are you going to kill with paws while stunning blow lasts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    marengo is talking about stunning blast, not lucky. if you have enough interval and a well refined weapon, stunning blast will give you enough time to purge (if fully buffed) and wack to death most LA and AA targets.

Stunning Blast? Why are we talking about archer-only genie skills? Anyway, you've clearly never pvped against competent AA/LA...

Mage: *Distance Shrink, Glacial Snare, Force of Will if you get close* loluslow?

Cleric: *Purify, Holy Path, Silent/Chromatic Seal, Triple Spark, Elemental Seal, Tempest, laugh at you on WC*

Mystic: *pushback. Laugh. Repeat*

Psychic: *Soul of Silence/Psychic Will. Pwn*

Archer/Sin: *points and laughs at the funny fox trying to get a hit in on them*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Stunning Blast? Why are we talking about archer-only genie skills?

maybe she is talking about the fox form skill stunning blow... freezes the target
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • wildwolfrider
    wildwolfrider Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    maybe she is talking about the fox form skill stunning blow... freezes the target

That's pretty much what I assume.

The ACTUAL fox form skill is 'Stunning Blow'

Demon Stunning blow has a 50% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

So, a demon veno has both lucky and stunning blow as stun skills. One casting, one melee.

Just to add more clarity to that part of the thread.

*goes back to being amused by the thread from afar*
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    *goes back to being amused by the thread from afar*

b:chuckle

Indeed, Stunning Blow freezes the target for 8 second and Demon additionally has 50% chance to stun them for 3 seconds.

Lucky Scarab has 95% chance to stun the target for 2 seconds. Sage version stuns for 3 seconds whereas Demon has a slightly shorter cooldown.

Demon Frost Scarab has 90% (or so? I don't quite remember) chance to additionally freeze target for 3 seconds (at the cost of a spark).

Now, most assassins have damage-focused APS gear. I've seen it myself a lot of them have high refines on their weapons and their gear is neglected. Note that I said most. So as long as you can survive their stunlocking and/or their hits they should be easy to kill.

Desiree's guide has more information about it here. I think most of it still applies despite the guide being written in 2010.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Stunning Blast? Why are we talking about archer-only genie skills? Anyway, you've clearly never pvped against competent AA/LA...

Mage: *Distance Shrink, Glacial Snare, Force of Will if you get close* loluslow?

Cleric: *Purify, Holy Path, Silent/Chromatic Seal, Triple Spark, Elemental Seal, Tempest, laugh at you on WC*

Mystic: *pushback. Laugh. Repeat*

Psychic: *Soul of Silence/Psychic Will. Pwn*

Archer/Sin: *points and laughs at the funny fox trying to get a hit in on them*

Mage: Can use lucky scarab with nova, and then turn fox and faceroll them to death in melee range before they even cast a spell.

Cleric: yeah, like if purify will help if they get facerolled in less than 10 seconds. Also LOL genie... As if holy path excludes the veno class either. Silent seal? Solve that with myraid, then lucky, then ironwood... Bramble hood should be on, right before they attempt to use chromatic, that would buy a lot of time, sleep duration is random, triple spark should not even happen and if the veno is right near, purged spark and wasted chi right there. Smart.

Mystic: Pounce to interrupt pushback faceroll

Psychic: haven't lost to a psy :P

Archer: Lol... as if heavy venoes do not have accuracy like magic venoes do... I guess you have no idea what fox form does since you don't even use it I bet. I never really missed an archer or sin. I take them down the EASIEST which is like ... what? 5-10 second battle finish? While they have a hard time trying to beat me and I am LA melee b:shutup and they were level 90+ (most demon).
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well on LC some AA have 10k+ pdef, 10k+ hp, ~45+def lv and ~90+ atk lv...
    not to mention the upcoming boom of "purifying spell"...
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Another one?

Man...
    This is getting old.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132