When did you start playing PWI?

2»

Comments

• _Prisca_ - Dreamweaver
    _Prisca_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hi!

I joined on nov 2009, or so. Was looking for a good MMO on youtube and selected de PWI coz the fly option and the venomancer class ( really like pets and debuff, always played hunters in other games, in here, they are mages instead of archers but is really good anyway ).

b:cute
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Even if this game is messed up, I still have many many reasons to keep me playing XD

Completely agree.

Despite the fact that quite a lot of people I knew during open beta left or quit in anticipation for a certain new game that's launching this or next quarter, I still enjoy playing my BM. Probably had most fun on it, considering how I always avoid melee, and opt for magic classes. Going melee was my best decision everrrrrr.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I don't want to play this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Made my first char, a wiz, on October 16th 2008.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I played it when it was first on the Malaysian servers I think. But my PC was pretty bad so I quit. But I had lots of fun with the character creation mode where I didnt suffer much in frame rate losses. Came back 3 years later when I upgraded my PC. But by then, PW had already released a whole new set of titles.
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hello World!

Complete your first quest.
    Oct 24, 2008

My first achievement xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • Periapt - Dreamweaver
    Periapt - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I started PWI in 2009, I believe.

I was orignially playing another mmo, Last Chaos, but I switched to PWI because it offered so much more. I loved the level of customization involved with your characters, etc.

Then I met my guild, Karma, and I fell in love even more~ I'm still here because of them. b:victory

EDIT: And why isn't my avatar showing? Q__Q
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hello World!
    Complete your first quest.
    Apr 01, 2010

b:surrender
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm starting to miss the days of when gold was 150k......
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • Skylark - Heavens Tear
    Skylark - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My core connect says I completed my first quest "September 2, 2008"

I started PWI from day one because I fell in love with it. A friend introduced me to the game on the Malaysian server, and the only reason I got involved at first was that it provided a fun way for us to keep in touch over long distance.

Eventually, the beauty of the landscape, music, and overall atmosphere took me in, and I was excited to start again on PWI when they set up the U.S. version, where I call home.

I never knew I was opening a Pandora's Box that would unravel into a whole new pastime...but here I am, today, and will probably stay around as long as they keep it running.

I've not played any other online games and probably won't ever take the time to learn another. It's been a lot of fun over the years, and I've met some wonderful people throughout the world that our lives would not have touched otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teach me half the gladness that thy brain must know;
    Such harmonious madness from my lips would flow,
    The world should listen then...as I am listening now.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Don't let the toon and the join date fool you--I've been playing since December of 2008.

....back when the company wasn't putting nails in the coffin of its flagship franchise, when barbarians could hold aggro, and you didn't have to worry about spending over the price of a crappy used car on endgame gear.

.....How depressing.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Don't let the toon and the join date fool you--I've been playing since December of 2008.

....back when the company wasn't putting nails in the coffin of its flagship franchise, when barbarians could hold aggro, and you didn't have to worry about spending over the price of a crappy used car on endgame gear.

.....How depressing.

Cool gif. in sig b:chuckle
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Cool gif. in sig b:chuckle

Belongs to Nowitsawn. b:cute
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    this thread makes me sad...

i started pwi in 2008 roughly 4 years ago. i joined at first because of an ad. i stayed because it was an awesome 3d mmo for free, and on top of that, the players i met were so nice and willing to help me learn the game, unlike any game i have played before. i also liked the music (pwi lost city and age of spirits' theme was Fly With Me and i knew the song thought it was interesting hehe)

2 years ago the game started changing too fast and most of the friends i met back then have quit, which im sure many of you feel the same. i sometimes ask myself why i still play, and the best answer i can come up with is, because of the memories..
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey Asone, are you still playing? b:bye

Taking a break for now Fail. x2 got to me again. I didn't make my 5aps sin for farming Nirvana. I build it for purely PvE play, and I got tired of every one PMing me to see if I was free for Nirvana.

So even though x2 is now over I'm not coming back just yet. My tolerance with people lasts for only so long like any normal human being. Even I need to breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I Sometimes Ask Myself Why I Still Play, And The Best Answer I Can Come Up With Is, Because Of The Memories..

I can relate

I guess I am sticking around in the hopes things get better.
  • MichaelBhB - Sanctuary
    MichaelBhB - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Started playing this game in nov 2008 loved it! dont really play it anymore though..... played fully till about 2010 then went of it after all the strange token and oracle events :X
    ~Proud Leader Of Legendary~

Mikey eats anything!!!

You are what you dare!!!
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i sometimes ask myself why i still play, and the best answer i can come up with is, because of the memories..

Yea the memories get to me too. I've been playing since Dec, 2008. Since then I've taken about 4-5 breaks and I keep coming back and I don't know why though. Most of my friends that I've meet stopped playing. Only 1 friend that I know of still plays and she's hardly ever on any more. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvryBodyLies - Sanctuary
    EvryBodyLies - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i loved perfect world from the first sight lol :')
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Closed for necro b:cry
This discussion has been closed.