When did you start playing PWI?

Sabelline - Heavens Tear
Sabelline - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Also, why did you join PWI? Was there something in particular that attracted you to it?
Post edited by Sabelline - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I tried it out first in '08 while the game I played during that time was suffering from a hacker's attack on their servers and tried to get into it but soon as the three week maintenance came to an end, I went back to playing that game. Then, when I was tired of that game in '10, I decided to try out the RT server here and that time, I actually got help instead of just playing by myself so it wasn't as dull as the first time. Ahh....I miss how things were back in the day. I wish i could just forget all the things I know about pwi and start over just to enjoy playing this game as much as I did. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    yup game was definatly a lot better back in the day lol, but i started playing back in 09, then quit at the end of 2010, just had a bm that whole time, then decided to try out the seeker and got re-hooked on this damn game round...well watever the date is under my avatar lol i forget the month.
  • TreeJee - Raging Tide
    TreeJee - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I played this game during open beta and I don't remember why. I remember when gold only cost 100k each and blademasters who used fists were so rare they might as well have been myths.
  • Marba - Archosaur
    Marba - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My friend played this game back in -09 and told me about it. Played a bit on LC but never got up to a high lvl due to constant PK:ing b:surrender .

Came bk when I heard that Archosaur-server would be released in few days, thought that if everybody started from lvl.1 maybe I'd have a shot in this server among the top levels, little did I know about whoracling b:chuckle.

I soon got to know a bunch of people through questing, BH runs, faction activities and that got me hooked, fast. Then had a break from pwi -11' when most of my friends became inactive, now came bk to sniff around if theres anything interesting to do. A bit disappointed tbh, I feel like I got no shot without R9 or CS'ing, questing seems to be history and nobody does TT-runs anymore... on top of this all a glitch seems to have turned everybody 105!! b:shocked lvl.80 seems to be considered as a low lvl. o_o but will stick around for a while. : P
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I started pwi............somewhere around December 09 to Jan 2010, when RT was relatively new and Infamy was pro. XD I must admit the advertisement of the Warsoul weps was what attracted me the most. :D
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Started in early 2010 not long after the Rising Tide expansion came out. Heard about the game from a former online friend and decided to try it out.

Back then the game was still in decent stages, gold was not over 400k, R9 was not release yet, no insane pack sales week after week, no power lving FC nor goon glitch, aps was only barely heard of, you actually saw people still leveling in beginner areas, ect.......

Yup......miss those days.....I envy the players that started out at open beta. At least they had more time to enjoy the game longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    nov 09? joined before fishes and hypers, during the good old days;) still enjoy the game but it will never be the same. heard about the game from a friend and we playd together a lot, we quit a few days after the fish expansion and i came back to the game around 6 months ago because i was bored;)
  • draginvry
    draginvry Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I found this game while searching for a good free MMO. I tried a few others, but either they didn't download properly, or I didn't like them very much.

I started playing right when the Genesis expansion was released. But, I don't play very often, which is why all of my characters are still at a low level.
    "Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
  • _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear
    _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    2 months after release. Quit a while back, then came back. I joined the game originally because of the graphics and customization. There is no distinct storyline, just mini-stories within the quests. A game-wide storyline would have been a plus, but still an ok game in that category. I enjoy the scenery. Often just go site seeing... on my original character, that is how I got all my way points by the time I was level 40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, Final Fantasy XI.
    Venomancer 100: _Wesa_ - Semi-Active - Faction Leader: Jerusalem
    Cleric 100: LilyKatt - Retired/Deleted. All storage Characters: Deleted
    On Facebook: Manny's Menagerie
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I started playing back in 08. I remember how much of a super noob I was. it took me a few days just to get to lvl 10 because I had no idea what I was doing. As for joining I knew a friend who had played this and liked it, and so I decided I would try it. I really do miss the good days. I also remember when gold was cheap b:surprised
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I started in the {PWi Version} in (08').... Seemed like something to do (+) I wanted to get {Wolven Grandmother} as a pet....."But sadly__b:shedtear, I found out that they never let her into this version of {PW}.........."b:cry
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    started playing last year when i ca no longer open my pw philippines account.

it was fun but was disappointed to death on how many hi level players here have r8 gear and has NO idea how to play their classb:shocked
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    A friend wanted me to try out some mmo with him so I did since it was free. It was closed beta for the malaysian servers and we played for a while. Eventually the lag was starting to get really bad and TW times were horrible but luckily in summer of 2008 PWI was announced and I left for less laggy pastures. That and I got banned for 35 years on my-en lmao.
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    During open beta! Gosh, when was that? I also remember having fun buying stuff with gold cause it was 150k I think?

Joined cause my entire class were playing PWI. I was on my first toon, a dex cleric ROFL. Obviously I deleted that toon, created a whole bunch of stuff, and this BM is the highest level thus far. LOL which is considered noobs cause everyone I know is at least 101 or getting ready for a new game.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    During open beta! Gosh, when was that? I also remember having fun buying stuff with gold cause it was 150k I think?

Joined cause my entire class were playing PWI. I was on my first toon, a dex cleric ROFL. Obviously I deleted that toon, created a whole bunch of stuff, and this BM is the highest level thus far. LOL which is considered noobs cause everyone I know is at least 101 or getting ready for a new game.

ROLLzzzz!!!!b:chuckleb:pleased

I still Barely! Rememeber, when gold was going for (75-80K) on{HT}.....b:laugh

Back B4, Everyone Started to Realize what They Could actually Get Away With Charging for It .........b:chuckleb:laugh

Oh, for the DAYs! Of the 'Pre-100K!' {G}zzzzz[.........~_~'!!
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Started in early 2010 not long after the Rising Tide expansion came out. Heard about the game from a former online friend and decided to try it out.

Back then the game was still in decent stages, gold was not over 400k, R9 was not release yet, no insane pack sales week after week, no power lving FC nor goon glitch, aps was only barely heard of, you actually saw people still leveling in beginner areas, ect.......

Yup......miss those days.....I envy the players that started out at open beta. At least they had more time to enjoy the game longer.

Hey Asone, are you still playing? b:bye
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Started playing in December '09 two days after tide expansion release. I never got to experience the game without broken content. QQ This was my first mmo. Started playing because a few friends wanted me to start playing with them and now none of them play. One of them was smart enough to instantly recognize how **** the game is and quit before getting hooked. Another didn't have the space for it and his parets wouldn't let him delete anything on the family computer. The last one has bat**** crazy parents so, yeah. :/ At least I met some nice people in-game. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    A few years ago I just got bored (the previous MMO I played had an auto-lvl system so it got boring when no one actually played together anymore) and I saw an ad... Back then PW still belonged to one of the best MMO's online so i thought I'd give it a try... Then mom found out what I was playing, demanded I'd help her to play the game as well, she became extremely addicted and now I'm stuck here as well... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I started somewhere around 30/10/2008 or so.

What attracted me? The venomancer class (kemonomimi + debuff + pets? oh yeaaah) The I really liked the graphics, the game in general and I met some really nice friends that make me want to keep playing :)

Even if this game is messed up, I still have many many reasons to keep me playing XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I started April 2009. I joined because a friend (who stopped playing a few months after that) invited me to come and play on this "MMO he had heard about."
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    June 2009.

I can't remember how I found it. It was probably an ad I saw on RPGamer or penny arcade maybe.

I had only ever briefly tried 2 other mmos before. One was cartoony and 2d and more like a platformer. What made me quit it was that I got a new haircut as a quest reward that was forced on me and I had to pay $ to change it or live with a bowlcut. That, and if you wanted to travel to another area you needed to actually wait for a scheduled airship to come by and took a flight of about 30 min real time to get there if you didn't want to pay for it.

The other one might actually have been really good, but at the time my pc didn't have the ram to play it well. Also I had issues with movement controls and the WC was actually worse than HTs worst day only all the time with no filter and no one seemingly monitoring it.

It was basically an adult chat room in the corner of a really bright and colorful generic fantasy game lol. It has a dual class thing going on which seems really broken potentially, but I never went back to it.

So when I tried PW and I could move by clicking on where I wanted to go instead of buttons, and I could cast a spell by targeting a mob and it would automatically stop and cast when I got in range instead of needing to manually stop moving to be able to melee of cast it was nice.

Also venos are smexy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hello World!

Complete your first quest.
    Nov 01, 2008

(Sanctuary server)

Quit the game when packs were released and came back 1-2 months after Raging Tide server was made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I started in mid 2009 after quitting another MMORPG which I used to play with my brother, who got **** one day and quitted.
    I needed a virtual place to call (virtual) home so I started anew here.A few months after even my brother joined too.Now he quitted about 5-6 months ago but he still logs at 2x to help me doing my 99keys b:cute
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hello World!

Complete your first quest.
    Nov 01, 2008

Why didn't I think of that? Well guess my date for that would be Apr 03, 2009... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • HardToFind - Raging Tide
    HardToFind - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    november, 2008

I had seen some videos about this game and they looked pretty nice so there I signed up and downloaded this game
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Signed up about a month before closed beta, played since day one.

I played the MY-EN version before that, which is also where I got the news that PWI was in the making.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Mm joined in late 2008, I think I was google searching for MMO's. tried a few and didn't like them too much. Saw PWI, tried it and liked it, and have been on and off since.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    TBH, the first version "The Lost Empire" was the best one. the 2nd best was "The Age of Spirits" with genies released.

Lost empire version was more fun, but ages of spirit was the most balanced one with genies.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i joined on oct 30th 2008 when i got my first computer all to my self and was browsing through google and saw an ad with a very sexy veno in it so i said wth and clicked and i have been playing ever sense b:chuckle
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I joined in October 08 and have been playing ever since. My roommate at the time saw an ad for it online and tried it out while I was on vacation in September, then convinced me to try it when I got back even though I had never played an MMO before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
This discussion has been closed.