Do you actually want a GM to MODERATE?

Options

Comments

• Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I dont think that the 44 persons who vote are representative of the thousand players playing the game, the people who come vote here are majoritory people who sended a ticket or who a problem x,y,z with something in game they dont like so ofc they will vote yes, but ask the rest of thousand people who dont even come on forum cause they are happy how the game goes and dont have any problem with GM ''active'' or not.

You should ask frankie to change your title to "I sell Banana 5k!".
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The only thing that should be done is have Moderator for World Chat on each server, sometime i see people speaking about pedophilia or other subject like that for hours on wc and there's no ban, do people need to SS every stupid moron who world chat ****? No, i think they should use moderator for checking it and use Chat ban when someone cross the line. Its like on forum, if i cross the line and post a XXX site or w/e not tolerated by the ''rules'' ill be ban or the post will be removed or deleted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You should ask frankie to change your title to "I sell Banana 5k!".

I said ''I buy banana 5k'', i cant sell something i dont have... yet. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I said ''I buy banana 5k'', i cant sell something i dont have... yet. b:pleased

I stand corrected. b:pleased
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm still waiting on Moo b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yes, to ban all the pre - pubescent teenagers from spewing garbage on WC + occasionally helping people, but as we know when people see a GM many just spam either wc or pm to give them free ****!
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I would like GMs to be more ingame. The few times I encountered them (well, actually just 1) for issues, I can't complain. But there really is a problem with rules being not even tried to be enforced. Enforcing rules to costumers is tricky for obvious reasons, but pwi doesn't seem to have any idea how to deal with it ... or maybe they just don't care ...
    Make announcements in that **** Red Text

I miss the old red text... For those who remember : "a new dawn ... " and "It's weekend! ..." b:sad
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Gms should issue warnings, and repatriate players who have been scammed.

Be wary of getting caught up in the "ban everybody" fever some players want for the most minor infractions.

Hackers and hacksite owners should easily get the axe. Banning for anything and everything only drives people away from MMOs. Especially, if such banning can be abused - like a friendly GM getting rid of all my enemies for me.

MMOs just reflect what is seen in everyday society, and are only socially as good as the players who play them. PWI doesnt need less people on their servers - just better ones.

If you want to go around getting people banned - go play RS, its all that game is good for now anyway. b:shutup

P.S. As for glitches, unless a player creates the glitches - he shouldnt suffer for discovering them. Its almost like "Police Entrapment" - we set up a situation, make it bannable, then get rid of players for using the situation we created. Hardly fair to any player.

Jump on fixing the glitch instead, if it is THAT detrimental to any players enjoyment of the game.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Gms should issue warnings, and repatriate players who have been scammed.

Be wary of getting caught up in the "ban everybody" fever some players want for the most minor infractions.

Hackers and hacksite owners should easily get the axe. Banning for anything and everything only drives people away from MMOs. Especially, if such banning can be abused - like a friendly GM getting rid of all my enemies for me.

MMOs just reflect what is seen in everyday society, and are only socially as good as the players who play them. PWI doesnt need less people on their servers - just better ones.

If you want to go around getting people banned - go play RS, its all that game is good for now anyway. b:shutup

P.S. As for glitches, unless a player creates the glitches - he shouldnt suffer for discovering them. Its almost like "Police Entrapment" - we set up a situation, make it bannable, then get rid of players for using the situation we created. Hardly fair to any player.

Jump on fixing the glitch instead, if it is THAT detrimental to any players enjoyment of the game.

your full of **** 1st gm cant fix anything dev in chine do it.
    2nd if Gm tell ppl dont do this its bannable ofcourse you as player should listen to the warning. this is same as say your own home its ur rule not ur kids they obey ur rules untill they grown up to get there own home the kids obey the rule there parent set for them.

this is how it is for banning and glitching should worked and complaing about getting banned cos you dont agree with the rule set by gm is dumb b:bye seriusly grow up
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @ _Ghoul_

YOU grow up! lol. Only babies stand around crying over someone leveling faster than they did.

Stop hating on people that actually play the game and find the glitches that the GMs and other players report to the devs. You gotta hate a player for something they are not responsible for creating. And, that is grown up?? Just, lol. b:chuckle
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Options
    finding new things is fine but not when gm state it over text and forum its not allowed.

if you was my kid and you broke my rule depending on what was broken you see yourself in house arrest for a week with no phone call.

and if worse come to show a misk in the but who is not gona look so nice after that.

then i will ask if you wana repeat breaking the rule i stated in my home i bet you they wont and same thing should be done in this game with said rules.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    if you was my kid and you broke my rule depending on what was broken you see yourself in house arrest for a week with no phone call.

and if worse come to show a misk in the but who is not gona look so nice after that.

then i will ask if you wana repeat breaking the rule i stated in my home i bet you they wont and same thing should be done in this game with said rules.

Well, that's the point now isnt it - most people that play this game are NOT your kid, and dont live by your personal set of rules.

If you as my parent, set me up to have a problem with you, I would ask the courts to remove me from your home - at least then, the person who wants to be my enemy so easily is not also a relative. b:chuckle

Peace out!

Try to love your fellow players, and remember - you dont have any moral high ground to lay claim to, if everyone is always doing the right thing! b:thanks
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It would be very difficult for GMs to be on 24/7, and, from what I have noticed, there really is no actually "peak"; activity on the server just comes in somewhat small waves. Overall I'm really neutral to the issue because it just isn't feasible with all the games the current GMs have to look over.

What would be really hilarious is if the GMs were undercover as a regular player (without the GM title) and get into random squads for different things. If someone exploits a glitch....b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Mystic_Man - Harshlands
    Mystic_Man - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Stop hating on people that actually play the game and find the glitches that the GMs and other players report to the devs. You gotta hate a player for something they are not responsible for creating. And, that is grown up?? Just, lol. b:chuckle

Cheating is cheating. I'm not impressed if you "found" a glitch, just like I'm not impressed if you used it. If you used a glitch, you cheated--nobody's proud or impressed of cheaters, and if someone is, then I guess you deserve one another's company. Someone promised us something would be done about the cheaters.

It's been months since we've had a reply.

Thanks to people who "played the game" and found glitches, there ARE no people playing the game. You tried making a new character without having to Hyper Frost it recently?
    I've seen people standing on that mid-Archo platform for HOURS, asking for someone, anyone, to help them with a BH.

A BH! You used to get squads for simple things like that, and REALLY fast! Take a few minutes to look at that platform for a few minutes, for something besides your own dailies.

I myself have had to solo my OWN BH's, from level 40 to now. I'll probably end up having to solo my own BH 59's, too, and so on---And my main's an archer.
    I've seen squads where 100's take pity on low levels and do the BH's for them, because there's almost literally no other way to accomplish it. There's nobody ACTUALLY playing the game anymore.

Go look in places like, let's say...The Dragon Wilderness? How about Swiftwind Tribe? Swamp of the Wraiths? Tusk Town?
    How about closer to Archosaur--look for low level players around the Fragrant Hills.

See anybody?

Of course you don't.

The same applies to things like Cultivations. It applies to quests. It applies to things like that new low-level instance that was made for us to do. Even TT isn't nearly as full as it used to be. Nobody does it anymore. They're ghost towns. If you don't find a good faction to help you out, you're basically f*cked unless you throw money at the game.
    Of course, maybe that's what PWE wants in the first place.

People don't PLAY this game anymore. There's nothing to play for. Why play, when you can just pay some Assassin to solo your FC's for you?

It's fault of BOTH sides
    Lazy Developing staff who refuse to fix it, and greedy, lazy players who refuse to work for anything like they used to.
    And why should we work? H3ll, the game is practically SPOON-FED to us because of all these sales, and the fact that the developing team absolutely refuses to cap FC at 75+, as it was intended to be in the first place.

You get the quest at 75 for a reason. You can't open the gate with a person lower than 75 in squad for a reason.

Combine that with snotty players who require you to have a certain amount of refined gear just to go on a BH 100 with you, or Nirvana, or even FC. How can a player go forward, if they're never given the chance?
    You don't have gear, because you don't have money--you don't have money, because you don't have gear. Either you throw money at it, or you get some help...and help is hard to come by these days. And no, I don't care how long the instance takes. I don't care if you're going to miss American Idol just because I'm one less refinement level than you require. I'm here because I want to have fun---that's what these instances are here for in the first place.

Do I care if GM's are in this game? Not at all--I don't like any of the GM's anyway, to be frank. I *DO* care that they get off their lazy, good for nothing arses, and get SOMEONE, anyone, to fix the game we PAY for.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15105911002&dateline=1334936268[/SIGPIC]

Save PWI: 2012
    ttp://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/Save%20PWI/

We play this game---We know how to fix it.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    At least they should make black list space unlimited, then every1 would be happy, solves wc issues more or less.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Options
    our sociaty is build on trust but trust alone without law and order is anarchy.

we need rules and we also need someone to enforce the rules becouse that is how it works.

rules without enforcing them are just letters

a cheriff who have rules and conducts but who dont have manpower to enforce said rule is just a cheriff why name nothing else and non will care what he says.

but a cherif with the manpower to make rule be obeyed will make sure ppl behave and act acordingly to the rules.

rules dont need to be hars but we do need them.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @ _Ghoul_

YOU grow up! lol. Only babies stand around crying over someone leveling faster than they did.

i do play the game just not what the barb you see here.

i dont hate them i simply want gm to take care of there own rules and do what they need to do to make sure ppl obey there rules.

no growing up is not watching to the oposite direction of a crime that is being part of the problem not the solution.
    bann is not always a good thing but it is necesery at time when chaos is out as plain as day.
    and if you was banned there is a 99% chance it was for a reason and not a good one at that.
  • tmc19
    tmc19 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i like this thread the only downside is you go on ranting about how people break rules and shop prices like catshops sum people are tired and mistakely put 0s there and people in fcc i bet theres THOUSANDS if not 10s of thousands of sins/bm who use the glitch in fcc for second boss while there duel clienting to save themselves from death but i guess u want the mods to ban them too? thats alot of people to ban and then theres people who dc as they enter cube of fate and they rage at screen and click and it "attks sum1(sometimes kills them) but when they get back they have swords or just see a dead person infront but i guess if everything was up to you i bet 75% of pw population would be banned and 20% would afk leaving 5% active and pw would close the game becoz only 2.5% of that 5% actually CS.
    sorry but it wont work although it would be niceb:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @ MysticMan

I'm sorry you feel cheated out of getting people banned. =\

"Thanks to people who "played the game" and found glitches, there ARE no people playing the game."

I agree people are not playing as much as they were last year. I would say there are plenty of reasons for that that have absolutely nothing to do with something as trivial as glitch abuse.

What does your desire to ban get you then? Even less people playing?? Nice solution there >.>

My first leveled char is this Mystic. I have never had an easy time getting squads until I got big enough to do Caster's. I only hypered from 90 to 100 in FC, and you cant even call that little bit 'power-leveling' cause even in FC a Mystic is not one of those characters that comes to mind as a good team-mate. In heavy populations or slight ones - getting a squad is not easy.

And yes! Im having trouble getting to do Caster's cause no one is really doing BHs - do I blame a glitch from months ago?? Hardly...

I dont understand why you arent ranting about nothing being done about the scammers. The people obviously using addons to grab every single drop except the coin in an instance, and stuff like that. That would easily make new players stop playing.

I CS a little with game cards, but I would never pay anyone to run something for me. What's the point? Might as well hire someone to play the entire game for me, lol. Why would I even care you are risking your account to have someone else level a char for you? How is it a disadvantage to anyone that you now have a level 105 char but have no clue how to really play it?

There is plenty of good gear, and a number of good players that don't cash shop hardly at all. I think the people requiring R9+12 to do something are either weak players that need that stuff to accomplish anything, or have the mentality that shaving off a whole 5 seconds from an instance makes all the difference. And have you noticed how much time they waste collecting those 'perfect squads'? The best Delta I have ever done was with players that had no rank or Nirvy gear at all. We made it from wave 4 through wave 8 with the BM DC'd, and would have probably completed it if the BM had returned in time.

Even though I CS a little, I have no money either really. The effort to keep gold prices closer to 1 million per coin has put me in place where I cant afford to sell my little bit of gold so cheap, cause there would really be nothing I could afford to buy with it anyway, as prices on my server suddenly escalated about 3x what they were. So, if getting people to throw money at the game is the objective, the ploy is a fail. I actually saved $20 bucks this week as I have no need for my game card.

"Do I care if GM's are in this game? Not at all--I don't like any of the GM's anyway, to be frank. I *DO* care that they get off their lazy, good for nothing arses, and get SOMEONE, anyone, to fix the game we PAY for."

The glitch is fixed. Cant do the dragoons anymore for a good while now. (In case you are wondering - I never did the dragoon glitch) Obviously, the glitch is not the source of the problem. And, banning players for glitching is no solution to already depleted populations.

I dont see how it ever was. Scammers and hackers have annoyed me to the point where I almost quit
    edited April 2012
    Options
    but never a glitch. *shrugs*
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No, GM's don't exist, I want to keep getting away with exploits/glitches/etc
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    PWE should have an active GM available on each server during most of their normal business hours.

The reason they don't is because they're overloaded with stupid requests and questions they have to sort through to find the actual cases they should be paying attention too. There probably isn't enough time in the day for them to hand hold everyone with a complaint.

As for having GMs around most of the time? Unnecessary and unrealistically selfish. This is a freaking game.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _Kryten_ - Harshlands
    _Kryten_ - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Gm should watch world chat ban people than need be ban people that harrased others and make people feel bad. Theres too many people doing this many not report cause too offten seems like nothing gets done but idk .i just think world chat need be watched bit more.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    bias poll

i want a different no option
    i like potato
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    randomly voted.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    bias poll

i want a different no option

Think of it as 'or' instead of 'and' on the no bit.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hell I would GALDLY love to have a GM on just for the sake of keeping an eye on WC......

But seriously, I have to agree with the threads topic, the GM's should be back in game, or at the very least get GA's. The last game I was on still has GM's on regularly.

Not only that but the community of that game is still in great shape thanks to just this one simple thing they have kept up all these years. I guess I should add that the player base is still strong with characters that are not alts. It's even older then PWI.

This is what you will get then you have people on normally that have the power to ban/will inform the GM's to ban. People actually behave themselves because they know someone is watching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    But isn't most of the QQ on PW about things OTHER than world chat drama, cat shops....

Complaining about cat shop tricks is silly. Do your own market research isn't that hard. As for world chat drama, there's a blacklist option, no?

It's about bugs and other problems that can only be fixed by developers?

IJS.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    But isn't most of the QQ on PW about things OTHER than world chat drama, cat shops....

Complaining about cat shop tricks is silly. Do your own market research isn't that hard. As for world chat drama, there's a blacklist option, no?

It's about bugs and other problems that can only be fixed by developers?

IJS.

*sigh*

Sadly enough there are just too many people that are active to be put on that blacklist, at least on my server anyway. There's never enough room to fit them all.
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    b:cold
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]