Do you actually want a GM to MODERATE?

Options
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
This is about in-game, not about the forums.

This applies to: Watching WC and banning the people who really need banned
Watching "NO PK" areas, like cube lobby and Secret Passage, and actually... Banning people for PKing there
Watch areas where glitches can be abused, and ban abusers
Make announcements in that **** Red Text (which, if memory serves, is the ****ing reason Duke isn't perma-muted) for things like the Authentication Failure deal going on
PermaBan catshops that are advertising '11k' for tokens, and the token actually is 110k (or similar stupidity)
Do something other than playing Halo2 on XBox

This does NOT apply to: Making a RIDICULOUS word filter and add any 'negative connotation word' they can think of to it
Automatic GMing, where a computer has to make any kind of Subjective decision.

What'chu think?
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think its a good idea. But it will never work b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This is about in-game, not about the forums.

This applies to: Watching WC and banning the people who really need banned
    Watching "NO PK" areas, like cube lobby and Secret Passage, and actually... Banning people for PKing there
    Watch areas where glitches can be abused, and ban abusers
    Make announcements in that **** Red Text (which, if memory serves, is the ****ing reason Duke isn't perma-muted) for things like the Authentication Failure deal going on
    PermaBan catshops that are advertising '11k' for tokens, and the token actually is 110k (or similar stupidity)
    Do something other than playing Halo2 on XBox

This does NOT apply to: Making a RIDICULOUS word filter and add any 'negative connotation word' they can think of to it
    Automatic GMing, where a computer has to make any kind of Subjective decision.

What'chu think?

I think it's a good idea to have them around all the time.

Gah can you imagine how mind numbingly boring that job would be? Then again they could always just log on their GM accts and leave them in those specific areas and go do something else. Would be kinda like those unmanned Police towers or Stationary Speed radars

Sometimes just the "presence" of an authority figure is enough to make people act right.

Eh..
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yes! I would love it if there were GMs ingame most of the time, especially if they could mute especially offensive people on world chat, do something about catshops that are intentionally trying to rip people off with misleading titles. The other day I saw a catshop that said "9.5 k tokens" and they were really 95,000 coins each :x.

I understand that they can't reveal information about everything they are doing to help, since a lot of that stuff could be private matters. And that they can't get too involved or show favoritism. But it would be nice to hear a little

"Hello! Just wanted to let you know we're around and looking at world chat once in awhile. We're doing our gm thing so if you get stuck in the terrain or something bad happens that isn't directly your fault. World chat for a gm and we'll try to help :3"

If any GMs or mods are reading this. Its hard for me to tell when you're ingame (maybe you're invisible or something, and I'm in instances a lot). But we deeply appreciate everything you're doing to help out :3

Sagek:

Gah can you imagine how mind numbingly boring that job would be? Then again they could always just log on their GM accts and leave them in those specific areas and go do something else. Would be kinda like those unmanned Police towers or Stationary Speed radars

Sometimes just the "presence" of an authority figure is enough to make people act right.

Eh..

Sagek has a pretty good point too. I think if you station a gm character in a few major cities, even if they appear to be afk most of the time, it might encourage people to behave better, as well as give me warm fuzzy feelings XD.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    God, the poor people.

'GM. gimme money plizzzz11!!!'
    'GM, xxxx scammed me!'
    'GM, xxxx called me a xxxxx'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Eh..

Agreed, about a GM AFKing somewhere public and easily seen if they're unable to actively monitor the game.

It's not like things on the game get so out of hand a GM should just pop up from thin air and fix things... And I'd hope a GM would recognize people making mistakes, having a temper and their button was pushed, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    For the kittyshop peolpe just need take time to check the price, as far as i know there's no rules saying you need to put the real price you sell on your kittyshop tittle, i could name it ''i buy banana 5k'' and sell TT mats if i want, if people dont check the price of the item they sell or buy well they need to learn to check.

That happen to me sometime before go sleep im tired and put a ''0'' to much on my price by mystake, should i be boot or ban for it? I dont think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ''i buy banana 5k''

b:pleased
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Also RS has pmods (player mods) that are an in-between what we know as a GM and a player. They're good people, very slow temper, patient and kind, and resolve matters :)

Yeah I know I could have just 'like a forum mod, but ingame'.

This one time, I was hanging out in my favorite city, Ardougne, and noticed a typical bot walking around (sometimes people train on them) and he was stuck inside a building, and someone was taking advantage of his placement and training off of him... But then some absolutely random troll comes out of no where, and I can't remember what, but was doing something really mean to intefere with his training. Then I just started laughing when a pmod just HAPPENS to show up. I thought this guy was about to BOOK IT out of there. Nope, he kept on his business... Since he wasnt really breaking any rules, the mod couldnt punish him. Instead he was just trying to be the peace maker and have both sides be happy, playing the good guy.

I would LOVE to see something like this in PWI!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    A day care of 5 year olds act more mature then people in world chat....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    God, the poor people.

'GM. gimme money plizzzz11!!!'
    'GM, xxxx scammed me!'
    'GM, xxxx called me a xxxxx'

+1

Also

GM. Level me in FC pliss1111. <---Actually saw that one other day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    In 3 years I have seen many people looking for a GM in WC. I have seen people try the GM button looking for help on a glitch. I have yet to actually see a GM. Does anyone who works for the game actually play the game?
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Also RS has pmods (player mods) that are an in-between what we know as a GM and a player. They're good people, very slow temper, patient and kind, and resolve matters :)

Yeah I know I could have just 'like a forum mod, but ingame'.

This one time, I was hanging out in my favorite city, Ardougne, and noticed a typical bot walking around (sometimes people train on them) and he was stuck inside a building, and someone was taking advantage of his placement and training off of him... But then some absolutely random troll comes out of no where, and I can't remember what, but was doing something really mean to intefere with his training. Then I just started laughing when a pmod just HAPPENS to show up. I thought this guy was about to BOOK IT out of there. Nope, he kept on his business... Since he wasnt really breaking any rules, the mod couldnt punish him. Instead he was just trying to be the peace maker and have both sides be happy, playing the good guy.

I would LOVE to see something like this in PWI!

Yea, we tried that, look at the Game Advisors thread.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    GM. Level me in FC pliss1111. <---Actually saw that one other day.

Reminds me of something saw in snowy village earlier.

'FORMING FCC 85-95 ASS WANTED!'

Needless to say, the normal chat channel was quite amused. lol

And as much as I'd like to see someone keeping an eye on wc, I don't think it would work. People are so immature, I'd fell sorry for whoever has to do the job. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • krisnda
    edited April 2012
    Options
    And as much as I'd like to see someone keeping an eye on wc, I don't think it would work. People are so immature, I'd fell sorry for whoever has to do the job. b:surrender

I'd do it for free. b:surrender
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

You'd probably become an alcoholic after the first week. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options

For all servers or would you charge for some of them?
  • krisnda
    edited April 2012
    Options
    For all servers or would you charge for some of them?

Sure.
    You'd probably become an alcoholic after the first week. b:avoid

I don't drink. ^^

• Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options

I don't drink. ^^

I think that might be why you haven't moved up the ladder to GM. b:nosebleed
  • krisnda
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think that might be why you haven't moved up the ladder to GM. b:nosebleed

No, that's because while I was born in California, I had to move to where I am now xD.
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    GM's are on from time to time. (More so than ya'll realize most likely). Just because they don't tell you about it doesn't mean they aren't there. And the servers are big versions of computers people so guess what that means. There are logs of everything and everyone and every click we make fills up their servers. Which is also why maintenence is so important. What happens to your computer if you leave it running for "X" number of hours and play games...you start running slower.
    They do not need to micromanage us. They have enough to keep them busy with the investigating the millions of tickets submitted by people daily. Scrolling through hours and hours of stuff to verify and investigate each claim. Give them a break. Does anyone even know how many GM's there are and for how many servers they each have to monitor and keep "the player base semi happy"? These same said people as is prevalent in our country where we are all over worked and under-paid most likely have other duties as well in other PWI games and so on and so on. And they GET TO GO HOME...Juuust like you do and see their families and live their lives outside of the game too.
    Ever worked for a major corporation? Is there even 1 company who's every single employee and client are 100% satisfied all the time? Noooo.... If you want someone to micromanage you, move back home with your parents and suck your thumb or something but get off their ***** and get off your butt and find solutions to most things yourself in a legal and kind way that doesn't violate TOS or just COMMON Decency and kindness to others. No job, no home life, no school nothing is perfect. Some of the stuff you all do is just plain BULLYING Behavior that we all say we want to put an end to...so flipping start walking the walk instead of just talking about what should be done.

With that said...Here is my contribution to a solution for some of the in game issues that come up. The idea of semi-mods is a good one. Using mods from forums or per server mods somehow, hell have a competition on it and have each server vote for a couple of mods like we do in guild. They don't have to be paid employee but as a bonus for helping and making life better in game they get perks in game...IE unlimited chats for use when not being an moderator to keep WC moving and fun. HP/MP charm, a special cloak that is their's (simular to say Warsong gear or something). It could be made to not equip if in PVP easily. Extra tokens and best of tokens to use as they desire. These are just a few examples I can think of off-hand but you all get the general idea. The moderators whether working or playing (and they need to have real "off" times cuz we have been officers in guilds and NEVER get **** done because guild comes first) can be a go between between each server and the GM's and Dev's. Freeing GM's to attend to issues that only they can handle, **** accounts, fixing glitches, fixing an issue that may arrise in one server but not another...etc... Again you all get the general idea.

Remember if your going to make a post like this and your going to reply then please be proactive and be a part of the solution not compound the problem.

That's stazzy's 3 cents.

You may all go back to ignoring me now. This has been a public service announcement. TY
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited April 2012
    Options
    GM's are on from time to time. (More so than ya'll realize most likely). Just because they don't tell you about it doesn't mean they aren't there. And the servers are big versions of computers people so guess what that means. There are logs of everything and everyone and every click we make fills up their servers. Which is also why maintenence is so important. What happens to your computer if you leave it running for "X" number of hours and play games...you start running slower.
    They do not need to micromanage us. They have enough to keep them busy with the investigating the millions of tickets submitted by people daily. Scrolling through hours and hours of stuff to verify and investigate each claim. Give them a break. Does anyone even know how many GM's there are and for how many servers they each have to monitor and keep "the player base semi happy"? These same said people as is prevalent in our country where we are all over worked and under-paid most likely have other duties as well in other PWI games and so on and so on. And they GET TO GO HOME...Juuust like you do and see their families and live their lives outside of the game too.
    Ever worked for a major corporation? Is there even 1 company who's every single employee and client are 100% satisfied all the time? Noooo.... If you want someone to micromanage you, move back home with your parents and suck your thumb or something but get off their ***** and get off your butt and find solutions to most things yourself in a legal and kind way that doesn't violate TOS or just COMMON Decency and kindness to others. No job, no home life, no school nothing is perfect. Some of the stuff you all do is just plain BULLYING Behavior that we all say we want to put an end to...so flipping start walking the walk instead of just talking about what should be done.

With that said...Here is my contribution to a solution for some of the in game issues that come up. The idea of semi-mods is a good one. Using mods from forums or per server mods somehow, hell have a competition on it and have each server vote for a couple of mods like we do in guild. They don't have to be paid employee but as a bonus for helping and making life better in game they get perks in game...IE unlimited chats for use when not being an moderator to keep WC moving and fun. HP/MP charm, a special cloak that is their's (simular to say Warsong gear or something). It could be made to not equip if in PVP easily. Extra tokens and best of tokens to use as they desire. These are just a few examples I can think of off-hand but you all get the general idea. The moderators whether working or playing (and they need to have real "off" times cuz we have been officers in guilds and NEVER get **** done because guild comes first) can be a go between between each server and the GM's and Dev's. Freeing GM's to attend to issues that only they can handle, **** accounts, fixing glitches, fixing an issue that may arrise in one server but not another...etc... Again you all get the general idea.

Remember if your going to make a post like this and your going to reply then please be proactive and be a part of the solution not compound the problem.

That's stazzy's 3 cents.

You may all go back to ignoring me now. This has been a public service announcement. TY

Ok...

You seem like you know what your talking about.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ok...

You seem like you know what your talking about.

Nothing I have said, hasn't been already said to me by numerous other's in game on more than 1 server. Plus, I might have a bit of background in marketing and corporate management and etc... But, in truth most of the people who play this game can probably say the same thing about their backgrounds. I am just maybe more vocal than most or can put it in pretty packaging. LOL b:chuckle

On the other hand having a moderate computer geeky background to add to the above, allows me some insight others either choose not to see or simply forget when they sit down in front of their computers when they get home from the corporations they just came home from. There are ways to oil the community and make it run smoother. You just have to know where to grease and where to say ooh **** it this week.b:pleased

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16634461&posted=1#post16634461

As far as how people treat each other??? I am sooo fed up with the Bullying of the GM's, mods, devs and EVERY SINGLE PLAYER that PLAYS this game that gets treated unkindly, picked on etc. That saying folks that you attract more bees with honey than you do with vinegar??? IT'S true...end the bullying...okay I'm going to bed now. Ya'll behave or I will not hump anyone for a month. And nooo stazzy humps is a very sad place indeed. Everyone needs stazy humps aka hugs.
    b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    2 people no, 27 people yes in some way, shape, or form.

This was intended to show how the playerbase feels on this issue. Getting the GM's to ACTUALLY DO THIS would be impossible. Or nearly so.

My HOPE for this poll is to give some feedback to the GM's, even if they don't give two craps about it.

I still feel that some of the things said on WC are just plain over the line. It WOULD be nice if someone policed the game actively, and indeed, it might cut down on the number of tickets logjamming the ticket system.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • SabanwolfxXx - Archosaur
    SabanwolfxXx - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yes yes yes yes yes. Why? Cause I hate hackers with passion! They ruin the game for everyone, stealing kills and wasting mobs that u need and taking your mines and herbs, if you find someone hacking and do nothing about it then a million other people are gonna start hacking I've seen it on lots of online games, I think you should have GM's I also think that certain players should be GM's while they play the game in order to catch these losers.
    Level 100 sage barbb:victory
  • LiquidChild - Dreamweaver
    LiquidChild - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Your poll is terrible and one sided. Of course they are going to say yes with the given choices. Very one sided.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Your poll is terrible and one sided. Of course they are going to say yes with the given choices. Very one sided.

Not really.

If you want to vote 'no', then you can vote... 'No'?

My personal bias shows in the text, but the option is still there...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yes yes yes yes yes. Why? Cause I hate hackers with passion! They ruin the game for everyone, stealing kills and wasting mobs that u need and taking your mines and herbs, if you find someone hacking and do nothing about it then a million other people are gonna start hacking I've seen it on lots of online games, I think you should have GM's I also think that certain players should be GM's while they play the game in order to catch these losers.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1506/kw/stealing%20kill Stealing kill is allowed

The herbs and mats you can farm are not YOURS they are to everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    Options
    b:question I have yet to see this post become more positive and being positively constructive. If you have a problem with something offer real solutions not just complain and be negative. Come on ya'll can do this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    b:question I have yet to see this post become more positive and being positively constructive. If you have a problem with something offer real solutions not just complain and be negative. Come on ya'll can do this!

I think you're looking at the glass half empty. People make threads and complain because that's what we do... It's not our job to mute/suspend accounts for spamming malicious websites. And I'd give more examples but none really come to mind, really we all just see the issues as we come across them, and then we forget about them because it's no big deal. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I dont think that the 44 persons who vote are representative of the thousand players playing the game, the people who come vote here are majoritory people who sended a ticket or who a problem x,y,z with something in game they dont like so ofc they will vote yes, but ask the rest of thousand people who dont even come on forum cause they are happy how the game goes and dont have any problem with GM ''active'' or not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]