Would this be Nirvana worthy?

Options
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Assassin
Alright, My sin's 94 at this stage and i'm only 1 GLP short for completing her 99 armor.

Considering i did make her with the intention to be a nirvana farmer only I'd like to ask the question here whether or not the overall forum populus thinks the set up that i have in mind for my sin at 100 will suffice.

clickety click for Pwcalc example

The reason she is wearing certain things, like the arcane headgear is because i dont feel like spending another couple mil to get her the warsong and this works, right?
( now i do have the option of wearing my husband's warsong for a while, but he uses it from time to time as well and it's a bit of a hassle, to me. but who knows what i'll do after the feedback given here. )

The reason i've only forked out the funding for the cape and 99 gear, so far, is because i'd like to be able to get accepted like the set up is now and eventually fund the rest of the upgrades with what i farm from nirvana. (the daggers first and then, probably the sleeves. Maybe the R8 top but not sure.)

aaaaaaanyway, will it do or will i have the hardest time evah?

ty in advance.
All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
"ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
Post edited by AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Get r8.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Olbaze and Empu will finpalm their faces off seeing the weapon you're using and chest at level 100 while using a cube neck and warsong belt.

As Spazz said, get r8.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Olbaze and Empu will finpalm their faces off seeing the weapon you're using and chest at level 100 while using a cube neck and warsong belt.

As Spazz said, get r8.

I was waiting for that lol. Reason i am is because the belt and necklace are changed over from my veno. i already had them.

reason i am asking is because while i was playing around with the calculator and switched the chest over from what she's wearing to the r8 one, the only thing that -really- changed was the initial attack rate and but not the sparked att rate. ( i know, there's a certain % that's off on pwcalc, or is it?)

considering the overall "aps" squads in Sanct only look at figures, thought i'd ask here before i make my final decision.

and edit: she's not 100, Yet. so i have a bit still.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I would avoid taking you, honestly.

TT80's aren't a weapon any decent squad would allow you in. I know you are trying to max your gains by putting in as little as possible but that sin is too squishy, and too low dd for the average vana squad, much less the decent ones. I'm guessing R8 sins with R8 and TT99 ornaments will do 3-4 times the damage.

Consequently, your sin might die from lack of paint heals, decent enough defenses, but low hp. So you'll want to run with a cleric, so there is another dd out of the squad, too.

I'm sorry, but expect to invest in your sin before it starts making you money.

Lol, I was thinking they'd be happy to see a more defensive build and a less aps based build :D

reason i am asking is because while i was playing around with the calculator and switched the chest over from what she's wearing to the r8 one, the only thing that -really- changed was the initial attack rate and but not the sparked att rate. ( i know, there's a certain % that's off on pwcalc, or is it?)

The game doesn't use attacks per second (attacks/sec) it actually uses the inverse of seconds per attack (sec/attack). That's why we get ugly numbers like 1.43, 1.54, 1.67... because thats really the inverse of .7, .65, .6.

So when you get to 2 attacks/sec and 2.22 attacks/sec the game is really using .5 and .45 sec/attack. The spark says it increases your aps 25%, but it actually reduces the time between attacks by 25% so it only takes 75% as long (100-25%) so:

.5 sec/attack x 75% = .375 sec
    .45 sec/attack x 75% = .3375

and then it rounds to the closest .05 second attack speed. For .5, its right on the middle so it rounds to the faster attack speed of .35. For .45 its closer to .35 than it is to .3 so it gets rounded to the slower speed of .35 also. So there is no mistake, 2.00 and 2.22 both spark to 2.86.

The main difference is if you get the R8 plate for the interval you can also get the R8 weapon which has almost double the base damage, better refine rate, 4% crit, and huge spike damage.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I would avoid taking you, honestly.

TT80's aren't a weapon any decent squad would allow you in. I know you are trying to max your gains by putting in as little as possible but that sin is too squishy, and too low dd for the average vana squad, much less the decent ones. I'm guessing R8 sins with R8 and TT99 ornaments will do 3-4 times the damage.

Consequently, your sin might die from lack of paint heals, decent enough defenses, but low hp. So you'll want to run with a cleric, so there is another dd out of the squad, too.

I'm sorry, but expect to invest in your sin before it starts making you money.

I suppose i'm too stuck on that idea.

and i know i have to invest in her before she makes me money, i do. which is why the first things i did was ge the cape.

I was just hoping that by coming here i could get some ideas or options to avoid spending alot on getting the 200k rep. considering i still need about 160k, thereabouts.

next to that, if i change over the weapon i'd lose that int on the weapon cause it isn't on the r8 one, i thought. aaaand next to the r8 one i wouldn't have a clue which one to use then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Rank 8 is one of the endgame choices for a PVE-farming assassin and marginally better than Hook and Thorns.

Rank 8 also gives a awesome Top that combines both the interval bonus and decent defences. What u lose in int with Ocean Supreme daggers u regain with Rank 8 top. The rank pants are also decent till u can use G15 Nirvana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i think that r8 is the cheapest improvement; you get -0.05 more from the chest, you lose -0.05 from the weapon so your -int remains the same but you get a lot more damage. with DW prices the extra rep would cost ~85m

you could also get the 99 ornaments for some extra -int (cost ~60m i think)

here is the r8: http://pwcalc.com/5912ea03c08ff4ac
    average dph goes from 4k to 6.1k (note that i assumed one socket on daggers)

in any case I would suggest updating the rings; i think that even some OHT rings would be better (havent caclulated which of the relatively cheap high lvl rings is the best)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the replies all. Just checked in on phone out of curiosity.
    Will probably reply in the morning lol. 0:43 here so ... Yeah, zZzZz....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/ada3f2c7801789c5

^ With that I might consider taking you...but dear god....

I hate people who make sins and put gear like this on them...
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Short: No, just no.

Your armors are crappy for your level, you have low life, your DPS is pretty much negligible, you've 100m spent on useless ornaments, you spent 30m on useless leggings, you somehow have 2 instances of a ring that is untradeable and not stashable. Oh and Perfect Garnets in a weapon.

I was going to make an alternate suggestion but then I slipped on a dead fish and hit my head.
    Lol, I was thinking they'd be happy to see a more defensive build and a less aps based build :D

There's a difference between "more defensive" and "spending your funds on ****". Not to mention "less aps based" and "spending your funds on ****".
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i think that r8 is the cheapest improvement; you get -0.05 more from the chest, you lose -0.05 from the weapon so your -int remains the same but you get a lot more damage. with DW prices the extra rep would cost ~85m

you could also get the 99 ornaments for some extra -int (cost ~60m i think)

here is the r8: http://pwcalc.com/5912ea03c08ff4ac
    average dph goes from 4k to 6.1k (note that i assumed one socket on daggers)

in any case I would suggest updating the rings; i think that even some OHT rings would be better (havent caclulated which of the relatively cheap high lvl rings is the best)

You didn't even put Dagger Devo on the sin.

Average DPH is about 7.3k assuming she has Demon Dagger Devo.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You didn't even put Dagger Devo on the sin.

Average DPH is about 7.3k assuming she has Demon Dagger Devo.

well, i was modifying OP's build. but yeah, the additional dmg would be ampified by buffs/passives
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    you somehow have 2 instances of a ring that is untradeable and not stashable.

Unless they've changed that as well, those rings are stashable.

Least I'm pretty sure.

edit: Yeah it's stashable. Doesn't make your point about switching them any less valid though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If you have the coin you should
    Switch your ornaments for the TT99 physical ornaments
    Switch your chest and daggers for rank 8 (Nirvana daggers if you really have money to spend)
    Try and second cast nirvana your leggings
    Switch all gems to citrines
    Try for a warsoul helmet
    Get r8 and lunar/frost/CoA rings
    with this set up you will have a far higher damage output and a far better survivabillity from bp.
    This is what i would do anyway :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
    edited March 2012
    Options
    this is a good fairly cheap build
    http://pwcalc.com/71d1fd9dce3e2f2f
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    First of all, you should define "nirvana worthy"

I'm sure you are aware that for frequent wc-based squads, you'll need at least 2.5 aps base with +7 weap of at least g13 (and I'm generous, most seems to be 5 aps with +10 G13/G15 nirvana or 4 aps r9 +10). If you want to know if the said build will allow you to join a nirvana squad of friends/faction without being a total burden that is dead most of the time, yeah you should be able to survive.

I actually don't think your build is total fail. I'm just under the impression your veno is LA and you re-use the same gear with a few tweaks (you said it of the belt/neck, but the garnet sharded LA pieces and TT99 leggings make me think it's all directly from your veno). Whatever some said about the leggings, belt and necklace, if you have them already it's good to use them untill you get something better. It's not like you "wasted" coins in a wrong priority, since it was spend initially for your veno. Also, your armor doesn't "suck", it just doesn't really correspond to the gear advancement of a sin.

However, plz plz plz get rid of that TT80 daggers. I know it has -int, but after 20 lvls it's really outdated...

If you really want to farm nirvana with fast squads, I'd suggest you rather work on lvl11 amp and ironwood (if you don't have that already). If you really want to go with sin, you really need to get r8 chest part + daggers (with decent refines/gems) and lionheart ornaments in order to make a chance with random squads. In case I was wrong on the TT99 leggings, you better use that coin on either of the above opions.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    this is a good fairly cheap build
    http://pwcalc.com/71d1fd9dce3e2f2f

I do hope you got the wrong link there, as there's nothing "fairly cheap" about 5 aps +12 R9.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I think he was trying to be funny lol.

I'm sure he knows how ridiculously EXPENSIVE that build is.....HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE BOOTS? XD
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I do hope you got the wrong link there, as there's nothing "fairly cheap" about 5 aps +12 R9.

woops i did, thats a fantasy build.
    this what i meant to link
    http://pwcalc.com/3793154a67c8a02f
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    woops i did, thats a fantasy build.
    this what i meant to link
    http://pwcalc.com/3793154a67c8a02f

I suppose that is fairly cheap and Cost Effective for what you are able to do with that set up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/ada3f2c7801789c5

^ With that I might consider taking you...but dear god....

I hate people who make sins and put gear like this on them...

Ah there we go. Thank you Perses! I had been in WC a bit before with a similar question en talked to a couple of sins. and some of them mentioned this but for some reason i think i must've gotten lost in translation of (some) of their botchy english and others suggesting i'd buy the freaking tome, and thought about the LA ornaments.

That build does indeed look pretty darn good in comparison to mine. XD

Short: No, just no.

Your armors are crappy for your level, you have low life, your DPS is pretty much negligible, you've 100m spent on useless ornaments, you spent 30m on useless leggings, you somehow have 2 instances of a ring that is untradeable and not stashable. Oh and Perfect Garnets in a weapon.

I was going to make an alternate suggestion but then I slipped on a dead fish and hit my head.

There's a difference between "more defensive" and "spending your funds on ****". Not to mention "less aps based" and "spending your funds on ****".

Seriously Olbaze? What ever respect i had for you, you just completely lost it. If there had been anyone to, i would thought, given me a bit more constructive information instead of ... this... it would of been you. ,,|,,
    First of all, you should define "nirvana worthy"

I'm sure you are aware that for frequent wc-based squads, you'll need at least 2.5 aps base with +7 weap of at least g13 (and I'm generous, most seems to be 5 aps with +10 G13/G15 nirvana or 4 aps r9 +10). If you want to know if the said build will allow you to join a nirvana squad of friends/faction without being a total burden that is dead most of the time, yeah you should be able to survive.

Yeah i'm trying to surpass that godawefull idea because i mean, how is a sin without ever being in Nirvana going to afford the nirvana or R9 + either of one's refinement.... if they've never been in there or without wooshing their credit card around ?
    I actually don't think your build is total fail. (Thank you) I'm just under the impression your veno is LA and you re-use the same gear with a few tweaks (you said it of the belt/neck, but the garnet sharded LA pieces and TT99 leggings make me think it's all directly from your veno). Whatever some said about the leggings, belt and necklace, if you have them already it's good to use them untill you get something better. It's not like you "wasted" coins in a wrong priority, since it was spend initially for your veno. Also, your armor doesn't "suck", it just doesn't really correspond to the gear advancement of a sin.

Ehm no, My veno's AA. And What's really so wrong with sharding Garnets in LA pieces ?
    So far it's serving me pretty damn well in soloing FCC to actually pay for all of this.
    With that being said, why's it such an issue, it's been said twice now but no sourcefull answer on why.
    and that's one of the reasons i'm here. I'd like to know -why- i'm doing the it the way i'm doing it and know from what reasoning.
    Not mindlessly spend money and go "yes sir. no sir" because that's what "they" say.
    If i had done what was flung at me first on WC i'd have about 3 variables in what would get me "the best" bang for my buck and all revolved around either charging for r9 or grinding my *** off to afford the bloody raptures OR spend even MORE to get the ridiculous tome.
    I like to get a wider idea and more information than what i have and make a well thought out decision from there.

However, plz plz plz get rid of that TT80 daggers. I know it has -int, but after 20 lvls it's really outdated...

Yeah, after looking at perses example i now see where i probably got confused. With me asking in WC i got told about ornaments and how they gave me an extra -int bonus but no matter how many times i looked into the calc adding all 6 LA 99 together did not give me an extra -int on top of the initial bonus from the 2 pieces.
    If you really want to farm nirvana with fast squads, I'd suggest you rather work on lvl11 amp and ironwood (if you don't have that already). If you really want to go with sin, you really need to get r8 chest part + daggers (with decent refines/gems) and lionheart ornaments in order to make a chance with random squads. In case I was wrong on the TT99 leggings, you better use that coin on either of the above opions.

My Veno has both and yet still i hardly if ever got into a nirvana squad.
    Which is why i just gave up and started the sin.

another querstion though, what's wrong with the leggins ? reason i'm going for them is because i been told time and time again those are the ones i'm going to need to be able to create the second cast nirvana ones with the int on them....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Options

Yeah, after looking at perses example i now see where i probably got confused. With me asking in WC i got told about ornaments and how they gave me an extra -int bonus but no matter how many times i looked into the calc adding all 6 LA 99 together did not give me an extra -int on top of the initial bonus from the 2 pieces.

another querstion though, what's wrong with the leggins ? reason i'm going for them is because i been told time and time again those are the ones i'm going to need to be able to create the second cast nirvana ones with the int on them....

Ehm no, My veno's AA. And What's really so wrong with sharding Garnets in LA pieces ?

1) You have to get 2 pieces LA and 2 pieces HA; then you will get the first bonus (2 pieces -> -int) from LA and the first bonus from HA.
    if you get 4 pieces LA or HA you will get the 1st and 2nd set bonuses (-int and some vit)

2)no idea...well maybe because r8 legs are almost as good and way cheaper they think that it's better if you use r8 (and use the money to make other improvements) till u recast them into nirvy

3)well, after a certain point it's better to shard citrines. i think that some decently refined pdef ornaments (+5) is enough to reach that point, even with AA (i havent an absolute proof for that though)
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well you only get the -int bonus from two pieces of TT99 LA. Then you put on the TT99 HA ornaments for another -int bonus.
    I prefer citrines to garnets in armour because i believe getting hp is more beneficial than boosting your phys def and not your magic def
    There is nothing wrong with your leggings except that you havent got them into second stage nirvana but i realise that is not easy and takes some time so you are better wearing the TT99 leggings for the time being
    Hopefully this will help clear some stuff for you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Seriously Olbaze? What ever respect i had for you, you just completely lost it. If there had been anyone to, i would thought, given me a bit more constructive information instead of ... this... it would of been you. ,,|,,

Let's see...

The armors could use some work, I think. Windrider is level 90, which in itself isn't bad but preferably you'd get Rank 8 by 100. After all, Rank 8 comes with a really good chest plate, decent leggings and a good weapon, all for the price of 100m or so.

TT99 leggings alone don't really serve much purpose, since there is no set bonus for 3 pieces and you don't get any additional -interval. Preferably you'd use rank leggings or TT90 or something until you can get straight to Shadow Ashura Greaves for the -0.05 interval.

Using Hook and Thorn on 100 is also a rather iffy choice. Granted, people might like the -interval, but the weapon is actually at best competitive with TT99 greens and it loses completely to any of the level 100 choices. And personally I don't really like putting Perfect Shards in gear that I plan to reshard or sell later: you cannot sell them for what you put in them and the gains aren't justifiable either.

Also, I see no reason at all to use Silver Crescent that late. You have plenty of better choices, like the rank badges, Ring of Heavenly Lord, Sign of Frost: Chaos and Band from Heaven's Jail just to name a few. Most of these are cheap (seen Band molds sell for 100k) and much, much better than Silver Crescent.

Also, for someone trying to save money, I don't see why you'd have Warsong belt and Cube necklace. Heck, I'm not particularly trying to save money and I don't have them. That's a good 100-200m you could've put on acquiring Rank 8 or TT99 ornaments. Personally, the only reason one would get Warsong and Cube is for occasional AoEing and even then it's not really justified unless you do something like duo TM69.

So, in summary, the improvements I'd propose:
    1. Sell the ornaments, get Rank 8.
    2. DO not get TT99 leggings, use rank 8 leggings until you can get second cast nirvana
    3. Get Band from Heaven's Jail for a ring

Good enough?
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Let's see...

The armors could use some work, I think. Windrider is level 90, which in itself isn't bad but preferably you'd get Rank 8 by 100. After all, Rank 8 comes with a really good chest plate, decent leggings and a good weapon, all for the price of 100m or so.

TT99 leggings alone don't really serve much purpose, since there is no set bonus for 3 pieces and you don't get any additional -interval. Preferably you'd use rank leggings or TT90 or something until you can get straight to Shadow Ashura Greaves for the -0.05 interval.

So i would of spent the money -anyway- on the 99 one.
    I suppose my reasoning difference too much in what you find a waste or money saving.
    To me making the 99 ones, sharding, refining it and then losing all that to recast it doesn't seem as much as a waste to me than it is to shard, refine and buy the r8 leggings, those i cant do -anything- with after i get the cannies to recast but put them in my bank to look pretty.

Using Hook and Thorn on 100 is also a rather iffy choice. Granted, people might like the -interval, but the weapon is actually at best competitive with TT99 greens and it loses completely to any of the level 100 choices. And personally I don't really like putting Perfect Shards in gear that I plan to reshard or sell later: you cannot sell them for what you put in them and the gains aren't justifiable either.

That's you personally then. I just figured i'd go with the perfects because i'd be stuck with that weapons for a while, untill i either A, Misteriously ended up with the raps to make the barrier thorns or B, would get R8 or something else.
    Also, for someone trying to save money, I don't see why you'd have Warsong belt and Cube necklace. Heck, I'm not particularly trying to save money and I don't have them. That's a good 100-200m you could've put on acquiring Rank 8 or TT99 ornaments. Personally, the only reason one would get Warsong and Cube is for occasional AoEing and even then it's not really justified unless you do something like duo TM69.

I think you completely overlooked the fact that those 2 ornaments are originally from my veno. So the waste in money in that is a non-issue.
    So, in summary, the improvements I'd propose:
    1. Sell the ornaments, get Rank 8.
    2. DO not get TT99 leggings, use rank 8 leggings until you can get second cast nirvana
    3. Get Band from Heaven's Jail for a ring

Cant sell the ornaments but can slowly make my way up to getting the rep and gear. Specially after the information given now and it makes a whole lot more sense to me.

I'm only one ghost lord's protection short from completing the leggings so i suppose it all makes a difference in what i personally prefer from either R8 or the 99. im gonna play around in Pwcalc for a bit with that.

Good enough?

Yes, thank you. Respect restored.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yeah i'm trying to surpass that godawefull idea because i mean, how is a sin without ever being in Nirvana going to afford the nirvana or R9 + either of one's refinement.... if they've never been in there or without wooshing their credit card around ?

The problem with 90% of the ppl is that their ego grows with their gear, and then start to think like "I'm not gonna waste my time with lower geared ppl, after all I got to *insert random high grade +10 weap* so he/she can do the same without me dragging him/her through the instance" b:surrender Try to keep track on ppls behaviour as their gear grows (or their behaviour towards you as your gear gets better). Only very few stay helpfull and "humble" when they reach high aps and high refines.

So far it's serving me pretty damn well in soloing FCC to actually pay for all of this.
    With that being said, why's it such an issue, it's been said twice now but no sourcefull answer on why.
    and that's one of the reasons i'm here. I'd like to know -why- i'm doing the it the way i'm doing it and know from what reasoning.
    Not mindlessly spend money and go "yes sir. no sir" because that's what "they" say.
    If i had done what was flung at me first on WC i'd have about 3 variables in what would get me "the best" bang for my buck and all revolved around either charging for r9 or grinding my *** off to afford the bloody raptures OR spend even MORE to get the ridiculous tome.
    I like to get a wider idea and more information than what i have and make a well thought out decision from there.

There are a few problems with garnets, coming from the fact it only helps on 1 side defence :
    1) Refining ornaments is way more effective. This is the reason that I use r9 + lunar ring, and not r9 + r8 ring, because r8 can't be refined.
    2) Physical def only helps at physical hits, while the dangerous part is usually magic attack and/or debuff. Since you said to solo fcc, try to solo fragrance with your current build and try again someday later with hp shards. Experience beats any theory. I always recommand to go with hp (ultimately vit stones or jades) or DoT if you consider having enough survivability.
    3) Your hp are rather low now, and don't forget things like hands and blackwings... Defence doesn't always help, especially if you have no hp behind it.
    4) You currently wear very high grade phys defence ornaments. Phys def isn't really your priority I would say.

All TT99 sets have 2 adds -0.05 int (-3% channel for arcane), 4 adds vit and 6 adds crit. So basicly you aim for 2 TT99 LA parts and 2 TT99 HA parts. For sin that results in lionheart ornaments and wrists + boots from ashura set. All other parts either can't have -int or will be able to get -int in some other set (nirvana/rank).
    My Veno has both and yet still i hardly if ever got into a nirvana squad.
    Which is why i just gave up and started the sin.

The leggings itself ain't "wrong", but it's the wrong time to put them. For the same cost you could get a chunk of rep to get r8 (giving chest part, good lvl100+ daggers and decent leggings), or lionheart ornaments (giving that extra -0.05 int). Why are you aiming for the 100mil+ part that adds -0.05 int now, while there are cheaper parts you could get first ?

reply in red
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So i would of spent the money -anyway- on the 99 one.
    I suppose my reasoning difference too much in what you find a waste or money saving.
    To me making the 99 ones, sharding, refining it and then losing all that to recast it doesn't seem as much as a waste to me than it is to shard, refine and buy the r8 leggings, those i cant do -anything- with after i get the cannies to recast but put them in my bank to look pretty.

Difference is, TT99 leggings are 20-30m, R8 leggings alone are 1m once you got the reputation.
    Cant sell the ornaments but can slowly make my way up to getting the rep and gear. Specially after the information given now and it makes a whole lot more sense to me.

I'm only one ghost lord's protection short from completing the leggings so i suppose it all makes a difference in what i personally prefer from either R8 or the 99. im gonna play around in Pwcalc for a bit with that.

The thing is, bound equipment has 0 market value. From my person experience, every single time I bought something bound, I felt bad about it. Happened with my TT99, happened with my nirvana leggings, happened with my nirvana dagger.

Rather than buying the leggings now, you should save up the coin for something more useful. Obviously, you'll get the leggings eventually, but their usefulness is only in the nirvana form, which is quite low in the cost effectiveness totem pole due to having a pricetag of over 100m for -0.05. In comparison: TT99 ornaments have maybe 50-60m total for the same -0.05 and Rank 8 has 100m for -0.1.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As I found thread, I`ll just post this here as I feel like I should ask before going "further" with this build. I`m still pondering if I should go for lunar recast leggins as BH100 lunar exists & paying the fee for whole squad, while in faction squad, sounds a decent way to do it. I`m going to go TT recast helm & cape on my barb so I like the idea of going lunar recast on my LAs. Sin is currently lvl 99 so R8 gear doesnt still exist, she got the 200k rep already though.

I have Archer on same account as Sin so the accounstashable gear will be my major focus in upgrading gear - I dislike the idea of spending into gear my archer cant use, `cept the wep of course. I have all of the the TT99 pieces already, that Warsoul too and I dont find it too appealing to farm nirvana helm till I got my Archer to 100+. I`ll refine accountstashable gear to +10 as time passes, quite slowly as my main focus is farming R9 for my barb, least cutting the amount I gotta CS for it. But +5 seemed reasonable with mirages & event gold.

I still lack the pan gu but as I`m doing 2-3 SP deltas daily, I`ll have enough frags in the next 2 weeks for one. And obviously, the nirvana leggins is something I gotta farm too before I have em. I put R8 dags there but I`m actually going to go Corona dags and refine them to +10 as I really dont find PvP on a sin that appealing. Idea of rolling ppl with PvE wep might actually be incentive for me to PvP more on my sin. But +5 on R8 daggers would work as temporary solution till I`ve done enough dailies for Corona dags?

Anyways, my main question is if I should go forward this build or if there is something I should change. I`m only concerned in farming efficiently. I got my barb on different account so as long as instance takes under 30mins - I`m always demon barb buffed. Oh yeah, the cheaper I can be efficient - The better. Keeping in mind I`ll be investing on the gear I can stash later on as I really dont find the idea of going R9 twice that appealing.

R8 recast daggers got certain -int? I only noticed them on PWI calc as I`ve been gone most of the Genesis expansion/whichever expansion added R8 recast. Would R8 recast daggers be efficient use of coins or does 3.33aps sparked offer enough of sustain from BP with Corona dags? I`ve seen some math where Corona dags are quite efficient - I`ve also seen the for lolz math(Really unlikely adds) done for R8 recast which clearly out DPS anything else currently existing in game. Granted, the one doing math skipped R9 recast but to me that`s just irrelevant.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The problem with 90% of the ppl is that their ego grows with their gear, and then start to think like "I'm not gonna waste my time with lower geared ppl, after all I got to *insert random high grade +10 weap* so he/she can do the same without me dragging him/her through the instance" Try to keep track on ppls behaviour as their gear grows (or their behaviour towards you as your gear gets better). Only very few stay helpfull and "humble" when they reach high aps and high refines.

That's basically what i was saying lol.b:chuckle
    There are a few problems with garnets, coming from the fact it only helps on 1 side defence :
    1) Refining ornaments is way more effective. This is the reason that I use r9 + lunar ring, and not r9 + r8 ring, because r8 can't be refined.
    2) Physical def only helps at physical hits, while the dangerous part is usually magic attack and/or debuff. Since you said to solo fcc, try to solo fragrance with your current build and try again someday later with hp shards. Experience beats any theory. I always recommand to go with hp (ultimately vit stones or jades) or DoT if you consider having enough survivability.
    3) Your hp are rather low now, and don't forget things like hands and blackwings... Defence doesn't always help, especially if you have no hp behind it.
    4) You currently wear very high grade phys defence ornaments. Phys def isn't really your priority I would say.

Ok so... considering i'm only planning on using this sin so farm nirvana, Vit stones and Jades are seriously out of the question. Would a 5 maaaaaaybe 6 refinement do on the build perses proposed and shard the sleeves + boots with citrines ?

The leggings itself ain't "wrong", but it's the wrong time to put them. For the same cost you could get a chunk of rep to get r8 (giving chest part, good lvl100+ daggers and decent leggings), or lionheart ornaments (giving that extra -0.05 int). Why are you aiming for the 100mil+ part that adds -0.05 int now, while there are cheaper parts you could get first ?

I suppose answering this question also counts for Olba.

Why ? Because like i said before. I'd rather spend the money on the tt99's, shard and refine it and before recasting it have some use out of it. rather than staring at the r8 leggings in my bank/inventory because it can only be word -that- time and i cant do anything else with it.

To some that may seem a waste but to me i'd rather -use- something i've already used to make something better than use a step-in-between leggings that i then have to NPC for it taking up room.

+ if i'm going for the build perses linked to me (which i have a good mind about doing so) the only thing i'd have to get are the ornaments and the rep.
    Everything else i already have, except 1 ghost lost protection for the leggings.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As I found thread, I`ll just post this here as I feel like I should ask before going "further" with this build. I`m still pondering if I should go for lunar recast leggins as BH100 lunar exists & paying the fee for whole squad, while in faction squad, sounds a decent way to do it. I`m going to go TT recast helm & cape on my barb so I like the idea of going lunar recast on my LAs. Sin is currently lvl 99 so R8 gear doesnt still exist, she got the 200k rep already though.

Well, for an alt or a farming char, lunar nirvana is definitely the way, as it doesn't lose its value.
    Anyways, my main question is if I should go forward this build or if there is something I should change. I`m only concerned in farming efficiently. I got my barb on different account so as long as instance takes under 30mins - I`m always demon barb buffed. Oh yeah, the cheaper I can be efficient - The better. Keeping in mind I`ll be investing on the gear I can stash later on as I really dont find the idea of going R9 twice that appealing.

Why is there a -channeling cape on your sin? Change that to a -interval one and you'd be 4.0 on the R8, which is a pretty standard farming setup.
    I suppose answering this question also counts for Olba.

Why ? Because like i said before. I'd rather spend the money on the tt99's, shard and refine it and before recasting it have some use out of it. rather than staring at the r8 leggings in my bank/inventory because it can only be word -that- time and i cant do anything else with it.

To some that may seem a waste but to me i'd rather -use- something i've already used to make something better than use a step-in-between leggings that i then have to NPC for it taking up room.

+ if i'm going for the build perses linked to me (which i have a good mind about doing so) the only thing i'd have to get are the ornaments and the rep.
    Everything else i already have, except 1 ghost lost protection for the leggings.

Well in that case there's a simple answer: Do not get the leggings yet. The moment you equip them, their value is 0 and your sin doesn't actually benefit at all from them. Heck, I used freaking TT80 Gold leggings on my sin until I got R8, which I used until I got Shadow Ashura Greaves. The TT80s went to my archer now, but the R8 I NPCed. And btw, for the R8, I gave it a +4 refine with 3 Flawless Citrines. That hardly counts as an investment, especially if the alternative is a +5 TT99 legging with 2-4 Immaculate Citrines.

Honestly, your biggest priority right now should be rank 8. After that, TT99 ornaments. After that, Shadow Ashura Greaves. After that, you're pretty much done. That's the cost effective way of doing it, anyway. Cost effective here means you get the most -interval out of the coin you put in.