Will we see 5.0 Seekers using rank 8 reforged?

2»

Comments

• Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I remember seeing a screen shot of someone with the R8 chest with two -int bonuses.

The other parts of the gear I wouldn't know.

Out DPS a sin if they were 5aps? Well...... 2 thoughts suddenly came to mind when I read that

1. No bp and they'll die on bosses lol (tt/fc blah blah blah)
    yeah i know they can be buffed bp, but it's not readily available like sins

2. no stealth, still gotta be a forefront soldier in tw XD

There is YiTzu on LC also....I have no clue where her screenshot is at though ._.

She is double -.05 and a +Hp add.
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012

The pic i saw was someone viewing another persons gear, at the banker in raging tide city.

b:bye

just an fyi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I remember seeing a screen shot of someone with the R8 chest with two -int bonuses.

The other parts of the gear I wouldn't know.

Out DPS a sin if they were 5aps? Well...... 2 thoughts suddenly came to mind when I read that

1. No bp and they'll die on bosses lol (tt/fc blah blah blah)
    yeah i know they can be buffed bp, but it's not readily available like sins

2. no stealth, still gotta be a forefront soldier in tw XD

Most seekers that can even begin to afford this, typically are geared enough they survive well enough without BP- ive charm/crab tanked everything under the sun as a moderate to lowend r9 in regards to shards/refines.
    re
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Most seekers that can even begin to afford this, typically are geared enough they survive well enough without BP- ive charm/crab tanked everything under the sun as a moderate to lowend r9 in regards to shards/refines.

That's true, seekers wear Heavy Armour, they don't rely on BP to survive.

Sins, by the other hand, can't live without it :\
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mr Seeker has 397,144 dps

Mr Assassin has 338,177 dps

The seeker isn't even using recast R9 sword.

Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere? Or would it be because the Seeker in this build has minimum dex, vita and magic and mostly str? And is sharded full DoTs, just like the sin?

What you are saying is true but it's not a fair comparison since you're comparing a 5.0 r9 seeker to a 5.0 g15 sin.

If you compare a 5.0 g15 seeker to a 5.0 g15 sin, the g15 sin build is ridiculously cheaper and does more DPS. This was my intended comparison.

At the next step if you compare a 5.0 r9 seeker to a 5.0 r9 sin, the 5.0 r9 sin is still ridiculously cheaper (around 10,000,000 times easier to obtain) and does more DPS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    What you are saying is true but it's not a fair comparison since you're comparing a 5.0 r9 seeker to a 5.0 g15 sin.

If you compare a 5.0 g15 seeker to a 5.0 g15 sin, the g15 sin build is ridiculously cheaper and does more DPS. This was my intended comparison.

At the next step if you compare a 5.0 r9 seeker to a 5.0 r9 sin, the 5.0 r9 sin is still ridiculously cheaper (around 10,000,000 times easier to obtain) and does more DPS.

Well indeed, after I shifted it to rather similar gear I found that this Sin would have about 419,670 DPS. If I were to instead use the cheaper pieces of -interval, e.g. ornaments and Nirvana leggings, it was roughly equal to the Seeker.

So the Seeker still wouldn't be the best DD, but it sure as hell could compete with the 5 aps crowd.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    did you include the -10 def lvls compo debuff? not sure if the time casting it would be worth it though
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well indeed, after I shifted it to rather similar gear I found that this Sin would have about 419,670 DPS. If I were to instead use the cheaper pieces of -interval, e.g. ornaments and Nirvana leggings, it was roughly equal to the Seeker.

So the Seeker still wouldn't be the best DD, but it sure as hell could compete with the 5 aps crowd.

now recast the r9
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Mr Seeker has 397,144 dps

Mr Assassin has 338,177 dps

The seeker isn't even using recast R9 sword.

Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere? Or would it be because the Seeker in this build has minimum dex, vita and magic and mostly str? And is sharded full DoTs, just like the sin?

Now THIS is much of a comparison (gave R9 to the poor sin):
    Mr Seeker has 330953,8 dps
    Mr Sin has 319735,7 dps

BUT... As we know, the 'Mr Seeker' is using hax gear, nearly impossible to get in-game b:bye
    Also, if Mr Sin decides to use Power Dash, his DPS will raise to 412412,7 and even more if he decides to combo Demon Emblem with it.

edit: Just to state how my calculations were made.
    Mr Seeker wrote:
    (25153 + 29825) / 2 = 27489
    27489 x 1.21 x 5.0 x 1.99 = 330953,8
    Mr Sin wrote:
    (22232 + 26290) / 2 = 24261
    24261 x 1.38 x 5.0 x 1.91 = 319735,7
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2012

http://pwcalc.com/ee615f4c470b5e6f

Would be a much fairer example of Assassins hitting the max cap with R9 5APS, as it shows all you really need is one 0.05 x2 peice to do so (3 set bonus of 0.1 and as we've seen 0.05 twice is achievable)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • lankoe
    lankoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Finally I have Ascended.
  • lankoe
    lankoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Finally I have Ascended.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    lankoe wrote: »

Seekers do not get a 3 piece 0.1 APS bonus from R8R thats on Assassins or 5APS Seekers would be so much easier to obtain.

http://pwcalc.com/55f2c97c158f11ae would be a standard base layout for 5APS

with;

http://pwcalc.com/696d0f0ee95f43f2 being the cheapest possible way to achieve 5 APS

and;

http://pwcalc.com/814f833fd2fbe20c being the best possible without R9 double triple 0.05's (R8R Sword can still be GoF and int -0.05)

Olbaze did you take into account Demon Blade & Sword Mastery too as PWCalc still cant display them?

and also this thread has been covered countless times in the Seeker sub-forums and Escorian knows this so i don't see why hes re-posted AGAIN in general asking a question thats already been answered, settled and closed...

Trolls gotta troll i guess b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    This is the easiest way a seeker can attain 5.0.

Any other than this would be just too Mythical.
    Edit: Post scriptum: did not shard armors cus im lazy u.u
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    http://pwcalc.com/ee615f4c470b5e6f

Would be a much fairer example of Assassins hitting the max cap with R9 5APS, as it shows all you really need is one 0.05 x2 peice to do so (3 set bonus of 0.1 and as we've seen 0.05 twice is achievable)

http://pwcalc.com/0130ddd0835c2eb0

Edited it to correctly show the -.1 int gain from the 3 set complect. This then makes the assassin 5.0 base.
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    http://pwcalc.com/0130ddd0835c2eb0

Edited it to correctly show the -.1 int gain from the 3 set complect. This then makes the assassin 5.0 base.

i already included the -0.1 set bonus, i placed it on the tome if you would care to check, i never make mistakes in my builds b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ive seen so many threads about 5.0 seekers but no one wants to go for 5.0 r9 recast sin?

Skai on RT is. She has all the recast peices, but no interval yet, can't get the right drop to reroll for another try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.