Will we see 5.0 Seekers using rank 8 reforged?

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
It is possbile (very unlikely odds) to get more than 1 - interval on chest + boots for seeker and combining the - interval from love up and down and lunar cape and tt 99 la and ha plus interval on the rank 8 sword. So with all this interval wouldn't they out damage sins?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    inb4mathexpertstellyouwhyitwon'thappenbeforegameshutsdown

wowthatwaslong

whatthehellthere'sarandomspacein"shut"
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I don't personally have a seeker, but I was told that 5.0 is impossible for them even WITH demon spark.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    I don't personally have a seeker, but I was told that 5.0 is impossible for them even WITH demon spark.

The odds are rare but it is possible with the new rank 8 reforge since you can get interval - .05 x3 on chest if you are extremely lucky and also interval - .05 x3 on boots

http://pwcalc.com/5fc9e57d1861d092

*note I edited the chest and boots so they -.15 interval since you can't edit what stats are on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • NightLace_ - Sanctuary
    NightLace_ - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i wouldnt go 5.0 on a seeker anyway x.x
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i really doubt anyone will be 5.0 on their seeker, maybe some crazy person that would spend more money recasting their rank 8 gear rather than buying rank 9... but who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The odds of getting all those rolls would be insaaanely low.

You would probably be more likely to get struck by lightning in the same place twice.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It is possbile (very unlikely odds) to get more than 1 - interval on chest + boots for seeker and combining the - interval from love up and down and lunar cape and tt 99 la and ha plus interval on the rank 8 sword. So with all this interval wouldn't they out damage sins?

Well yes, a seeker with something like this would out-do any sin.

But you go and find me a seeker like that.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well yes, a seeker with something like this would out-do any sin.

But you go and find me a seeker like that.

Wow.. that would be pretty awesome.
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2012

If they have the R8 top and boots, they wouldn't be able to use both LA and HA TT99 bonuses, unless they use HA or LA pants TT99, which would be stupid.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I've checked this before and a 5.0 seeker would cost around 10 trillion coins and would still have a little less dps than a 5.0 g15 zerk sin. The sin wins because their high crit rate and wolf emblem overcomes the DPH advantage of a sword.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I've checked this before and a 5.0 seeker with an would cost around 10 trillion coins and would still have a little less dps than a 5.0 g15 zerk sin. The sin wins because their high crit rate and wolf emblem overcomes the DPH advantage of a sword.

Ast got to it before me. b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • proba51
    proba51 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm playing privet server with 9 trials, all classes etc. and reforging is working. So far I've tried more than 5 000 recasts on Seeker r8 boots and I can't get a single 0.05 interval...
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    proba51 wrote: »
    I'm playing privet server with 9 trials, all classes etc. and reforging is working. So far I've tried more than 5 000 recasts on Seeker r8 boots and I can't get a single 0.05 interval...

it takes on average 220 tries. are u sure it's not 500 cause 5000 puts you in like the millionth of a percent range of not getting it b:shocked or your game is broken...
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ive seen so many threads about 5.0 seekers but no one wants to go for 5.0 r9 recast sin?
  • Drama - Lothranis
    Drama - Lothranis Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    My Seeker is 5.0.
    My Psy is 5.0.
    My Mystic is 5.0.
    My Assassin is 5.0.
    My Cleric is 5.0.
    My Barbarian is 5.0
    My Veno is 5.0.
    My Blademaster is 5.0.
    My Wizard is 5.0.
    My Archer is 5.0.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Never said I was personally going 5.0 I like using my skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    I've checked this before and a 5.0 seeker would cost around 10 trillion coins and would still have a little less dps than a 5.0 g15 zerk sin. The sin wins because their high crit rate and wolf emblem overcomes the DPH advantage of a sword.

Mr Seeker has 397,144 dps

Mr Assassin has 338,177 dps

The seeker isn't even using recast R9 sword.

Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere? Or would it be because the Seeker in this build has minimum dex, vita and magic and mostly str? And is sharded full DoTs, just like the sin?
    Mr Seeker wrote:
    (25153 + 29825) = 54978
    54978 * 0.5 * 1.21 * 5 * 1.99 * 1.2 = 397,144.5786
    (21659 + 26429) = 48088
    48088 * 0.5 * 1.456 * 5 * 1.61 * 1.2 = 338,177.89824
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • XCurse - Dreamweaver
    XCurse - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i believe seeker can never get 5.0 b/c simply they using a weap that can't go over 2.5.
    everyone weap has max dps. e.g archers can't go over 2.57 or 2.75 cant really remember. no matter how many int items u get (tested on my archer with nirvy sling with -int on it ) and result is the same with demon quick shot and demon spark. and i think i tested an interval pole on archer too and could not go over 2.5 b:surrender
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i believe seeker can never get 5.0 b/c simply they using a weap that can't go over 2.5.

*facedesk*

You can probably gear up 10 5.0 sins from the money it would take you to get those stats. b:surrender Just a wild guess lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    lolololololol... aps seeker? seeker is a phy mage, we drop phy aoe ultis with zerk and crit. b:shocked
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    seeker @2aps does more dmg by regular hitting than with skill spamming (vortex excluded), even if we consider the debuff. aps based seeker will also be able to place the curses faster.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Why giving 5.0 to a class that either spams skills or stays in place during a near infinite-loop OP AoE.

With that logic , give 5.0 to venos too while using the magic weapons they are designed to use ..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    After fixing the PWCalc, it looks like you can get to 4.0 base? Would only need -0.05 twice on one peice and -0.05 three times on the other to get to 5.0, three times on both would be unnecessary. Just twice on one and three times on the other for 3.33 base, 5.0 sparked.

Overall though, that build lacks... MDef. HA with Pdef Ornies...

If you got three times on both, you could use MDef ornaments and remain 5.0 sparked though.

Would be... Stupid OP.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Even if seekers could get 5.0 they would only be good farm bots- why pay trillions for a farm bot- when 300ish mil could get a sin thats only good for farming.
    re
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The odds are rare but it is possible with the new rank 8 reforge since you can get interval - .05 x3 on chest if you are extremely lucky and also interval - .05 x3 on boots

*note I edited the chest and boots so they -.15 interval since you can't edit what stats are on it.

In theory its possible, but in practice it's nearly impossible.

Tell you why:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32278 the Cuirass.
    There is only 0,0002% chances (rounded) to get 3 interval adds, means you will need to re-roll the adds about 388 thousand times. Not worthy.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32727 the boots
    They have even lower chances to get interval, so only 0,0000003% chances (rounded) to get 3 adds a total of 296 millions of re-rolls to get.

So the question was 'Will we see 5.0 Seekers using rank 8 reforged?'
    and the answer is: "No, we won't"

Edit:
    The easiest way to go 5.0 on a seeker would be this: http://pwcalc.com/b44e2335d07e8317
    even through, you would need 2 interval adds on sword, boots and chest, which would be a real pain to your ***. And no, even being the millionaire Loto Winner, you still won't out damage 4.0 R9 sins b:bye

edit: missing % simbols and rounding as solicited by Olbaze.
  • Ambisagrus - Lost City
    Ambisagrus - Lost City Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012

http://pwcalc.com/ba786a29c79fe990

edited it slightly and now it's 5 aps base. No spark.
    Going for on sin: pwcalc.com/d916f4e82a02e4dd

Currently saved: 0

Total cost: 5 bil

My time: Lulz.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I hope we don't see anymore 5 aps characters, tbh. Last thing the PWi community needs is another 5 aps character. b:surrender Next thing WC is going to be like "LF 5 aps +10 Seeker or else gtfo" Because we all know once there is a 5 aps class, no one will take any of the lower aps people of the same class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    In theory its possible, but in practice it's nearly impossible.

Tell you why:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32278 the Cuirass.
    There is only 0,0002571353 chances to get 3 interval adds, means you will need to re-roll the adds about 388900,3182371304 times. Not worthy.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32727 the boots
    They have even lower chances to get interval, so only 0,0000003375 chances to get 3 adds a total of 296296296,2962963 re-rolls to get.

Ouch ouch ouch! My head hurts seeing all those decimals. Round it up to an integer, please.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2012

I remember seeing a screen shot of someone with the R8 chest with two -int bonuses.

The other parts of the gear I wouldn't know.

Out DPS a sin if they were 5aps? Well...... 2 thoughts suddenly came to mind when I read that

1. No bp and they'll die on bosses lol (tt/fc blah blah blah)
    yeah i know they can be buffed bp, but it's not readily available like sins

2. no stealth, still gotta be a forefront soldier in tw XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    I remember seeing a screen shot of someone with the R8 chest with two -int bonuses.

This is on Sanctuary.