Relevance of BMs after CC nerf

2»

Comments

• KaiserNeko - Archosaur
    KaiserNeko - Archosaur Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I love how fixing a glitch is considered a "nerf" nowadays.

well in this game a glitch is part of the game due to things NEVER getting fixed in the past years of the game, so peeps consider it a nerf when in all honestly its the dev's fault for leaving something exploitable around b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you flail
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    CC nerf = you cannot cancel skill channeling, it was nerfed due to an exploit, players canceled their channeling and did not consume any sparks but the skill was casted, so they could use strong combos that required some sparks.

This is not correct. The skills themselves were never fully cast as they were canceled.

It would just be the bonus add-ons for offensive skills which would take effect in a succesful CC, not the skill itself.

For example, archers could CC stunning arrow for +10% crit. The stun itself would not activate, the skill would not go into cooldown, but the crit boost would take effect.

It was a way to get benefits of skills without using the chi/casting the skill itself all the way through. It gave the BM class a great damage boost(demon BM's anyway), added some more complexity to their game play, and higher potential for skilled players. It had been accepted by GMs as something legal, but later had to be removed because assassins abused it to gain 40% crit from a skill which required 2 sparks if casted all the way. Ironically this was no severe nerf to already overpowered assassins, but it was quite devastating for BMs, as many had built their entire gameplay and culti choice around these previously accepted moves.

BMs are still successful and wanted in every instance for debuffs and ground control. But they now require much higher grade weapons to be effective in pvp, and their damage is no longer advantageous over a claw barb's, and barely higher than a claw archer's(of comparable gear). It's just their debuffs that put them ahead now.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    /facepalm

Why, yes, I did use exploit correctly as a noun. Your 3rd grade English teacher must be stupid.

b:bye

Exploit as a noun is a heroic act, exploit as a verb means to take advantage of something. Honestly i was just goofing around before but now you're displaying your ignorance.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Exploit as a noun is a heroic act, exploit as a verb means to take advantage of something. Honestly i was just goofing around before but now you're displaying your ignorance.

You do know that the English language isn't static and that words can be modified or changed in relation to the context of a sentence, no? Of course you don't know.

Using the word exploiting would have been current tense. I used exploit in the past tense as a noun describing the actions talked about. There is ambiguity in the English language you know? And still, you're wrong. Also, a glitch? Think of a glitch like your nervous twitch. If I scream at you, you might just start having a twitch attack, but it's not a guaranteed cause/effect.

Seriously, learn more please. b:bye

edit: Oh, and another thing... It's nice seeing you try to resort to grammar to win an argument that you've already lost. I only point out horrible grammar to let someone know they're stupid, not to rescue a losing argument. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited February 2012
    You do know that the English language isn't static and that words can be modified or changed in relation to the context of a sentence, no? Of course you don't know.

Using the word exploiting would have been current tense. I used exploit in the past tense as a noun describing the actions talked about. There is ambiguity in the English language you know? And still, you're wrong. Also, a glitch? Think of a glitch like your nervous twitch. If I scream at you, you might just start having a twitch attack, but it's not a guaranteed cause/effect.

Seriously, learn more please. b:bye

edit: Oh, and another thing... It's nice seeing you try to resort to grammar to win an argument that you've already lost. I only point out horrible grammar to let someone know they're stupid, not to rescue a losing argument. lol

Once again you're assuming. And still displaying your ignorance b:chuckle

You make this too easy.
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Noun
    exploit (plural exploits)
    A heroic or extraordinary deed.
    An achievement.
    The first trek to the summit of Mount Everest was a stunning exploit.

take note of this following line from wiktionary

(computing) A program or technique that exploits a vulnerability in other software.

exploit is a noun that refers to an error in software that is exploited via a special technique

pro tip: visit wiktionary more often
    edited February 2012
    Noun
    An achievement.

(computing) A program or technique that exploits a vulnerability in other software.

exploit is a noun that refers to an error in software that is exploited via a special technique

I've given up, he's dense as a rock.
    edited February 2012
    Noun
    An achievement.

exploit is a noun that refers to an error in software
    that is exploited via a special technique

Ah so what your saying is the user edited website of knowledge is defining an exploit in the field of computing as a glitch. Thanks for proving my point. b:bye
    edited February 2012
    Ah so what your saying is the user edited website of knowledge is defining an exploit in the field of computing as a glitch. Thanks for proving my point. b:bye

You don't know the difference between a glitch, a bug and an exploit. lol I guess you can't expect everyone to be computer literate... or just literate. b:pleased
    edited February 2012
    You don't know the difference between a glitch, a bug and an exploit. lol I guess you can't expect everyone to be computer literate... or just literate. b:pleased

No sir you cant, you are proof b:laugh
    edited February 2012
    No sir you cant, you are proof b:laugh

Next thing you'll be telling me is that morals and ethics are the same. Or maybe that ideas and ideals are the same. Silly dumb barb... at least you're living up to your character classes stereotype. b:pleased
    edited February 2012
    Next thing you'll be telling me is that morals and ethics are the same. Or maybe that ideas and ideals are the same. Silly dumb barb... at least you're living up to your character classes stereotype. b:pleased

And you're living up to your state's stereotype b:pleased
    edited February 2012
    And you're living up to your state's stereotype b:pleased

Actually, you're wrong again. No surprise there though. You usually are. b:chuckle
    edited February 2012
    Actually, you're wrong again. No surprise there though. You usually are. b:chuckle

Of course I am, I wouldn't want to disappoint you!

No on a serious note, Mike is pretty much correct. I was just bored and michael is one of the few people intelligent enough on the forums to provide entertainment. He can't stand a stupid person and is dedicated towards bleaching out stupidity, so the best way to bait him is to fake stupidity.
    edited February 2012
    Of course I am, I wouldn't want to disappoint you!

No on a serious note, Mike is pretty much correct. I was just bored and michael is one of the few people intelligent enough on the forums to provide entertainment. He can't stand a stupid person and is dedicated towards bleaching out stupidity, so the best way to bait him is to fake stupidity.

lol. You nailed me pretty well on that one.

I concede and you win. b:laugh
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    then why is it half the mobs on pulls get stunned and the other half dont when they're the same mobs?

It happens at time. Sometimes when i round up mobs in the head room, the mobs don't all come in at the same speed. It may show they are there on your screen, but in reality they are a few steps behind, out of roar range.

On rare occasions (twice so far), i stunned a mob that was standing there, every other mob got stunned except that one. That percentage is small, less than .01%. The above case happens more often, especially with lag. It happens with my ping at 400 or above.

The chance of demon roar not working, is less than a percent, so you should be fine. I stun more than 200 mobs a day b:shocked.
  • jassyluv
    jassyluv Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Most people that knew what it was refered to it as "gltching"....
    Mike never could glitch his way out of south arch, so it gripes his *** when people use the term....
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    jassyluv wrote: »
    Most people that knew what it was refered to it as "gltching"....
    Mike never could glitch his way out of south arch, so it gripes his *** when people use the term....

That's a... rather odd mental image.

I learned how to CC. But I didn't consider it that useful.

I learned it, but never actually used it.

My playstyle never revolved around abusing a glitch.

I enjoy my BM for the stuns, the pdef (heh, though I'm a LA/HA hybrid right now), and the really, really awesome axes.

My Sin is 101 and my BM is 100. Sin was easier to level, BM is more fun.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    On this laptop I press a skill then it happens 3 seconds later >_> with my lag I could never CC anyway so meh... lol but really if you QQ about this bug like it was a legit thing, thats just redic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I....no nevermind..
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    A forum user mentioned (ugh, forgot to quote) that a BM's damage is lower than a claw barb, can barely be comparable to a claw archer, and is only needed for the buffs.

Is this true? I would think that with claws, it's pretty much comparable between the classes, since they're all wearing claws, assuming same refines.

To be honest, I want to stay axe BM, and maybe branch into fist tree skills to keep up and get accepted into Nirvana. However, is this argument about a BM's low damage true?
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    A forum user mentioned (ugh, forgot to quote) that a BM's damage is lower than a claw barb, can barely be comparable to a claw archer, and is only needed for the buffs.

Is this true? I would think that with claws, it's pretty much comparable between the classes, since they're all wearing claws, assuming same refines.

To be honest, I want to stay axe BM, and maybe branch into fist tree skills to keep up and get accepted into Nirvana. However, is this argument about a BM's low damage true?

It has been discussed many times on the forums. With equal gear and with each class using their own buffs only... claw Barbs do slightly more damage than BMs now that CC has been removed. Claw Archers also do comparable damage when triple sparking due to their much higher crit rate than BMs. In practice though when a squad is looking to fill that final spot with an aps toon for Nirvana/BH/TT/etc... of the three mentioned, 99.999 % of the time the squad will go with a BM because of HF.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Barbs get Poison fang, but they don't get Fist mastery. So, they basically are on even footing.

Archers get Blazing arrow, but again, no Fist mastery. Again, even footing for Damage.

But, BM's get: Axe and hammer mastery, Polearm mastery, sword mastery (hahahahahaha), and a myriad of skills for all of those weapons, as well as HF, GS, etc.

If there's a BM, Clawbarb, and Archer just 5.0ing away on a given high HP target, the overall DPS will be about even (the BM will be ahead, for one, should have better fists/claws, two, should have more str than the archer and more dex than the barb).

But, if they are doing it separate, but timed, the BM would be able to finish a lot faster since they can HF. Toss in a genie for Demon Spark + Demon HF and it starts to become pretty lopsided in the BM's favor.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    1) You don't have Demon Roar
    2) The mobs look the same, but are actually different mobs (there's like two or three different metal catgirl mobs in FCC, some can be stunned, some can't)
    3) They're out of range
    4) You simply fail and should go play a Sanrio game instead (Hello Kitty awaits you for adventure!)

This.

The mobs have a glowing aura around them, some are purple some are green. Also, a handful of those mobs are walkers, not stationary. I know most of the mobs get stunned, but the ones that don't are probably the walkers and the fancy purple ones. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010