Relevance of BMs after CC nerf

MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I want to continue training this noob BM, but a few players told me that it's not worth doing after the CC nerf.

What exactly is this CC nerf that they were referring to? And how does it affect the BM?

The reason I want to roll a BM is because I actually enjoy AOE grinding, and that is too slow to do on my caster characters and my barb doesn't deal damage fast enough to make up for repairs and pot cost. These individuals told me to roll a sin instead, but there's enough sins on the server, plus I don't think they can AOE grind at like 4x as compared to BMs.

Thanks a million.
Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
Post edited by MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    CC nerf = you cannot cancel skill channeling, it was nerfed due to an exploit, players canceled their channeling and did not consume any sparks but the skill was casted, so they could use strong combos that required some sparks.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I love how fixing a glitch is considered a "nerf" nowadays.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I love how fixing a glitch is considered a "nerf" nowadays.

I agree
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    Noel - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree
    Thirded, despite the sympathy I have for the BMs, as CC was probably very integral to their builds and strategies. Hard to adapt to something like that, but it was ultimately needed as it wasn't an intentional feature to begin with.

Now if only PWI would fix bugs that don't benefit players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Not to mention CC took some level of skill than the spark auto attack that's nowadays.

I still miss CC on sins, though that's no problem for me. I just adapted. And to further correct Angel, CC is short for cast cancel, which involves cancelling a casting of a spell.

Back before the fix, when you cancel a cast of a certain skill, you still get the positive buff that comes with it. In Assassins' case, it was the Powerdash CC. Normally that skill requires two sparks, as well as channeling and casting times, and it boosted crit rate by 40% at level 10 for 8 seconds. Cast cancelling that would remove the channel/casting times, as well as the two spark requirement, but you would still get the 40% crit boost. There's a similar one for BMs that your friend was referring to.

To clarify, the skill was never cast, but the positive effects of the skill do.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:bye idk why but I just got demon roar on my bm and it seems to get resisted in frost quite a bit lol thats the only crowd control issue I've had
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:bye idk why but I just got demon roar on my bm and it seems to get resisted in frost quite a bit lol thats the only crowd control issue I've had

When it says 'resist' over a mob after you use Demon Roar, then that mob is STUN IMMUNE.

And there's a lot of stun immune mobs in FCC, you gotta lean which ones are stun immune, and which ones aren't. The metallic cat women mobs are stun immune, most of the rest of the mobs aren't.

It's the same as using Roar on a boss, you aren't gonna stun a boss. Since it has 100% chance of hitting, it'll just resist it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    When it says 'resist' over a mob after you use Demon Roar, then that mob is STUN IMMUNE.

And there's a lot of stun immune mobs in FCC, you gotta lean which ones are stun immune, and which ones aren't. The metallic cat women mobs are stun immune, most of the rest of the mobs aren't.

It's the same as using Roar on a boss, you aren't gonna stun a boss. Since it has 100% chance of hitting, it'll just resist it.

then why is it half the mobs on pulls get stunned and the other half dont when they're the same mobs?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    then why is it half the mobs on pulls get stunned and the other half dont when they're the same mobs?

1) You don't have Demon Roar
    2) The mobs look the same, but are actually different mobs (there's like two or three different metal catgirl mobs in FCC, some can be stunned, some can't)
    3) They're out of range
    4) You simply fail and should go play a Sanrio game instead (Hello Kitty awaits you for adventure!)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In short, they blow now, compared to their potential for those few that mastered it..

But tbh, tons of BMs before and after the "fix" didn't know how, or even heard of it, and still enjoy the class.

For me, the class got dull-
    re
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    So all in all, it was a glitch, not so much something that affects playstyle?

This means that BMs still have a good standing at endgame stuff - TW, grinding/farming for DQ, FF, RB, Nirv etc?
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sure... people still played them, and even well without it.
    re
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So all in all, it was a glitch, not so much something that affects playstyle?

This means that BMs still have a good standing at endgame stuff - TW, grinding/farming for DQ, FF, RB, Nirv etc?

BMs r still a nice class and wanted in every squad. They dont deal that much dmg on single target as sin (if they dont have demon dragon), but rnt that squishy as sins. So they r also still nice farmers. They r wanted in in squads mostly cz of their dragon/aoe stun.

BMs and barbs r the only classes which have full tradable 5aps gear (which makes sense - for archers it makes no sense imo) and u dont have to go for rank gear/weapon. Thats y it is also a perfect class to play in addition e.g. to ur seeker/barb on same account - just get an account stash.

A bm has a chance to win 1vs1 against every class and they r needed in every TW.

U can enoy every part of the game with a bm (excluding a view physical immun bosses ofc).
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    gyroki wrote: »
    BMs r still a nice class and wanted in every squad. They dont deal that much dmg on single target as sin (if they dont have demon dragon), but rnt that squishy as sins. So they r also still nice farmers. They r wanted in in squads mostly cz of their dragon/aoe stun.

BMs and barbs r the only classes which have full tradable 5aps gear (which makes sense - for archers it makes no sense imo) and u dont have to go for rank gear/weapon. Thats y it is also a perfect class to play in addition e.g. to ur seeker/barb on same account - just get an account stash.

A bm has a chance to win 1vs1 against every class and they r needed in every TW.

U can enoy every part of the game with a bm (excluding a view physical immun bosses ofc).

We used to be able to enjoy those too b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited February 2012
    Wow, no one with any regrets with rolling a BM yay! That's a first.

I'm happy. Can't wait to AOE grind though grr.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    why don't sage wizards qq as much? b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    why don't sage wizards qq as much? b:bye

Because we can still cancel channel for crit rate.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • sleepyeagles1
    sleepyeagles1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You'll hear lots of people say negative things about BMs just because they don't do as much single target damage as sins. But on the flip side, squads always seem to find a place for a BM (thanks to HF).

When I first started playing I was torn between assassins and blademasters, and opinions seemed to be split so I decided to try them out myself. I got both classes to ~lv50 and decided I enjoyed the blademaster class more so I stuck with it. You spend a good bit of time in this game wondering about other classes, so trying them out yourself is the best way to decide which one suits you best.

If you enjoy AoE grinding, I would definitely recommend keeping your BM. For a sin, AoE grinding seems to consist of gathering a group of mobs, sparking, and auto attacking until everything is dead. Whereas a BM can gather a larger group, stun them, and AoE like a mad-man. The defense of heavy armor plus physical marrow means you can withstand more abuse, and Heaven's Flame allows you to kill groups faster.

Daggers look cool, and stealth is kinda neat, but bloodpaint is a squad buff. So you can roll a sin alt and dual client in order to have that extra luxury available to you at any time when you are out AoE grinding like a boss.
    edited February 2012
    @sleepyeagles1

Thank you so much for that input! I actually fell in love with BMs when I saw my friend AOE grinding and it was so much fun. I can't wait to be able to AOE grind.

Also, thank you for the BP tip! I'll be sure to keep that in mind! :D

I'm definitely going to be AOE grinding like crazy. Can't wait to get my AOEs and start my practice.

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Level 87 AND has a skill for 89+? Seems legit.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Forum avatar levels have been glitchy for quite a while...

I agree though. Being 90+ and not knowing there are mobs that just resist to stuns is kind of... what have you been doing all those levels? b:cry

As for CC... my BM wasn't that big until they fixed it. So I got no clue if I'd miss it because I never played with it xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Because we can still cancel channel for crit rate.

i cant find words to descripe...b:surprised
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Os_bm - Harshlands
    Os_bm - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    People that told you to make a sin better than roll a bm are either pure farmers or they have never seen how TWs look like. Sure you can stealth 2 spark occult ice to kill your target unless that target has lets say expell or can survive your op combo.
    PvE wise sins are better farmers if you consider equaly geard sin and bm but also alot more squishy, every squad will want sin and a bm so even if your sin is a better farmer you will still want that bm to do those dragons every1 likes. CC nowdays has NO use in pve, since most of ppl have endgame gear so mobs stuned or not stuned cant hurt you.
    PvP wise its a whole diffrent story. Sins can faceroll any class in pvp coz of high aps/stealth/zerk dags/nice amount of single cc skills while bms need to know how to play and what to do in those 1 on 1 fights. Mass organized PvP/TW is where bms shine and sins have fairly low role.
    Bottom line is what you want from game if you want and like that aoe grind why not go for it. Its a game anyway and you shoud do what you want with it.

b:flowerb:flowerb:flower
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    CC was great mainly for farming and PK (for Demon BMs--Sage BM skills were mostly passive effects). In farming you could use demon fist ulti (135% bonus fire damage) and demon pole ulti (50% chance of auto crit for next 5 seconds) in succession to increase your damage output 3 fold. Add HF to that and you can guess how much hurt BMs could really bring.

In PK, CCing Cyclone allowed BMs to increase their aps without wasting time with the dreadfully long animation, and demon fist ulti was a great counter to deal damage through the over used genie skill Expel.

It wasn't really that hard to master and it made the BM class more fun to play than face rolling the several most used keys all the time. After the glitch was fixed I started focusing on my Sin just because she could farm faster and more efficient than my BM now.

But if you are just into AoE grinding, BM is still a great class to play, and with their new skill additions, they are not far behind to Seekers and Archers in terms of being AoE powerhouse.
    edited February 2012

Aw c'mon Saethos, you know I'm not really 89, lol. He might be glitchy too. b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Aw c'mon Saethos, you know I'm not really 89, lol. He might be glitchy too. b:chuckle

I hit 105 a while ago, damn glitchy avatars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    /facepalm at all the idiots who called it a glitch.

It was an exploit of a game mechanic that was poorly designed.

Seriously, most of you have the mentality of 3rd graders.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited February 2012
    /facepalm at all the idiots who called it a glitch.

It was an exploit of a game mechanic that was poorly designed.

Seriously, most of you have the mentality of 3rd graders.

I love you too mike, but you set yourself up for this one b:chuckle

You used exploit as a noun instead of a verb, and even my 3rd grade mentality can register the huge difference in meaning that makes.

Seriously though, your arguing over semantics and you know it...damnit you just trolled me didn't you. b:surrender
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012

You used exploit as a noun instead of a verb, and even my 3rd grade mentality can register the huge difference in meaning that makes.

Seriously though, your arguing over semantics and you know it...damnit you just trolled me didn't you. b:surrender

Noun
    exploit (plural exploits)
    A heroic or extraordinary deed.
    An achievement.
    The first trek to the summit of Mount Everest was a stunning exploit.
    (computing) A program or technique that exploits a vulnerability in other software.

naw,he was right you were wrong on the grammer issue....being curious i had to look it up on wiktionary o.o

infact,take this
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/exploit
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012

/facepalm

Why, yes, I did use exploit correctly as a noun. Your 3rd grade English teacher must be stupid.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.