Problem opening the client

tyrant83
tyrant83 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
After updating the patch manually it says enter game fails on the patcher.

can anybody tell me if i have to wait till the servers are up coz no matter wat the client opens but its not doing now..
Post edited by tyrant83 on

Comments

• Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My launcher also says failed to enter the game.

When i click the element client to by pass the launcher, i get an error box that says "this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."

I have verified the files 3 times now, all with the same results. Anyone have a fix?
  • tyrant83
    edited February 2012
    i have the same exact error can somebody help with this b:sad
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Maybe they don't want us to run the program until servers are up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I suppose anything is possible, but i could have sworn I saw where someone posted they had patched and were sitting on the log-in screen.
  • Harumanji - Sanctuary
    Harumanji - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I downloaded the patch yesterday and installed it like 2hours ago, no problems for me. I can enter my account name and password on the new Descent wall but just cant log in yet. (servers still in maintenance i guess)
    So i guess you guys should re-download patch and install it again to check b:victory
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    They probably just launched the program early and avoided some small ninja patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyrant83
    edited February 2012
    yeah i have seen people at the login screen already and i have no idea when the server's are gonna go up to verify...
  • Zamihr - Sanctuary
    Zamihr - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Servers are up. Had the same message, looks like pwi uninstalled?

x.x

* trying to avoid the 493482343902 hour DL of the full game*
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Has anyone figured out how to fix it? I don't want to have to redownload and reinstall.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Eariala - Sanctuary
    Eariala - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If you get an error, after updating and installing that, it could be an directX error

microsoft has an solution for that....
    at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

that checks your directx installation and updates the parts that needed
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I red/l-ed the direct x9.. didn't correct my issue.
    I keep a backup copy of the game with each new patch in case something like this happens so I wont have to d/l the entire game again.
    I uninstalled the game and then put it back on my pc.
    D/l-ing the manual patch now to see if it will work.
    If this doesn't work, i dunno what to try next.b:surrender
  • MyMate - Heavens Tear
    MyMate - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I wonder if anyone is experiencing the prob I have...manual d/l...update launcher is fine but when I click "start" I get black screen with game cursor only. Other computer runs fine & it is older than this one...go figure!
    DX is fine...Graphics drivers are fine (but reinstalled anyway).
    Uninstalled, reinstalled for nice fresh start - same prob.
    W7 GTX260
  • tyrant83
    edited February 2012
    i still have the same problem after verifying the client anyone has anything yetb:sadb:cryb:cry
  • Octarius - Raging Tide
    Octarius - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Soon as I launch game. It loads info box and than client closes right after. What in the world is going on. b:surrender Have started it 3 times now and I click confirm to go past info box and it just closes.
  • roxypik
    roxypik Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I auto-patched it today when I woke up, finished and got the "enter game fails" thingy. Then I found a post and someone says that u get that error if u patch the wrong version first. W/e, since it auto-patched I thought I could fix it if I reinstall game and patch manually with 580-612 patch. That didnt work either I still cant open client. Trying verify now, then totally out of ideas. I cant use 606-612 anymore cause my client is "fresh". Version 580, so im stuck with the first patch which doesnt seem to work. Can anyone help, or did anyone manage to fix this "enter game fails" error? b:surrender
  • jedimick
    jedimick Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ...now I find I can run game in window but not full screen...getting somewhere!
  • Octarius - Raging Tide
    Octarius - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I am verifying now. If that doesn't work. I'm going to play my ps2 until they fix something. Each patch there's always something wrong. Gets a bit irritating after awhile...b:angry
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I just finished manually patching with the same results i had before.

If I try to start game from the launcher it says " enter game failed".

If i try to by-pass the launcher and click on the element client i get the same error log as before that says "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."

I followed this advice and checked and rechecked everything:

darthpanda16
    Tech Support Panda

Today, 01:56 AM

Windows XP should be updated to 9.0c with Service Pack 3.

You can do a search online for Microsoft Windows, how to update DirectX 9.0c, and how to update Service Packs from 1 or 2 to 3.

Im not getting any missing file errors, hanging up when im d/l-ing and have verified twice.

Im at a total loss what to do. Never had any trouble with any of the previous patches/expansions/updates.

If any one has found a work around, please let me know. Tyb:surrender
  • tyrant83
    edited February 2012
    i started out with the same error so i started to let the auto patch run through on a backup copy took a little while but after the update it gave me the error of the missing dll file so worked with the link given in the forums and was able to login to the game

i think the manual patch updated in the morning had some glitch
    or the devs added a last min ninja patch to the update

so try and update it through the auto patcher

hope it works for u guys
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I already have the latest version of direct x 9.0c. Verify has been going on for hours and hasn't even gotten to 20% done. I could have probably downloaded the game 5x by the time this thing finishes.

Never had this problem before with any of the other patches/major expansions. I'm thinking of giving up and just quitting forever at this rate.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Melecha - Dreamweaver
    Melecha - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Having the same issue. Started with the directx 9c issue checked it which I knew the system already had re-downloaded and same issue.

Has anyone found a fix yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    haha same downloaded new update/than directX 9.0 now verifying. Guess no pwi today hope this works when I get back home from work.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    tyrant83 wrote: »
    i started out with the same error so i started to let the auto patch run through on a backup copy took a little while but after the update it gave me the error of the missing dll file so worked with the link given in the forums and was able to login to the game

i think the manual patch updated in the morning had some glitch
    or the devs added a last min ninja patch to the update

so try and update it through the auto patcher

hope it works for u guys

Uninstalling everything and putting my backup copyv606 back on my pc. Will try the auto patch and see what happens.
    I'm starting to get rather.. frustrated. If this doesnt work you may see a crazy woman on your local news beating the **** out of a pc. b:chuckle
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i alrdy did autopatchin, it takes very long and still not workin, now i verify which will take gues 5 hours, omg
  • Melecha - Dreamweaver
    Melecha - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There seems to be a problem and they should try to find us a fix for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahutooo - Heavens Tear
    Ahutooo - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have the same problem on 2 of 3 of my pcs b:surrender
    one of them work i even play other 2 have "Enter game Fails" ...
    All my pc's have same windows and direct x and configuration... Thats realy confused me, also i start to upgrade first on other pc, after on that wich the game just run b:worried tryed to do everything and cant fix that problem >.< Pls tell if someone find a way
  • SubtleAsSin - Dreamweaver
    SubtleAsSin - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yeah getting the same thing here on my end too. I'm jonseing for pwi atm and I can't even get to the log-in screen, I get a "Failed to enter Game" thingy.

I checked my Anti-Virus made pwi an exception, also manually patched and had the same problem, did auto-patch and am waiting on the verify to finish so I can get my fix.
    It's opening day for descent and I wanna play so badly :(

Can a GM or a mod please at least let us know that they're aware of the problem and at the very least attempting to come up with a solution or a new patch?
  • Shanabee - Harshlands
    Shanabee - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey

I think i found the solution.

de-install all C++ things (ControlPanel > Add or Remove Programs)

Download: Microsoft Visual 2010 Express

link .de Server: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Visual-C-2010-Express_24081894.html

Install all an restart your PC.

works fine 4 me.

funky

Hope it works 4 you all.
  • tyrant83
    edited February 2012
    come on GM's and mods tell us how to get this done i have been at it for 7 hours now and i still cant get it to work it passing the point of frustration and becoming a headacheb:angry
  • Ottogi - Lost City
    Ottogi - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The visual c++ redistributable pack fixes it (I didn't have to uninstall, in case you wanna try that first). Don't wait on PW support, they're too hard at work determining how to build the next set of pay-to-win packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]