Dear Perfect World International

StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Etherblade (West)
so i was talking to some of my friends from the gewd ol' days (cloud, six, and clac) and something interesting was brought up... what could pwi do to save this piece o' **** game from completely dying..

well pwi this is a suggestion from yours truly studmuffin <3

start a new pvp server... and make cash shopping disabled (no csing). no gold for coin auction thingy bullshiz and no swiping away till a pack finally gives you some stupidly over powered item. make everything in the boutique (hypers, charms, fashion, etc.) buy-able with IN-GAME coin. oh oh oh and ummm rank should be there but for like a trillion coin so that if someone actually got r9 he/she F-ing deserves it (and we could distinguish which people on the server have no lives)....

i promise you a HUGE influx of old players (and those bored out of their minds that currently play) joining this server.

p,s pwi won't do this for ONE reason alone... we wouldn't be pumping daddy's credit card into this game and blowing away about 2 grand on something for an animated pixel.... and pwi, I even have a solution for this problem... make fashion and stupid **** like that cash-shop-able... i know people in this game that have spend more money on fashion than it cost to get rank 9 on their toon (all of my exes and abymoon are perfect examples).

anywho lemme know what you guys think b:kiss
Post edited by StudmuffinIX - Archosaur on

Comments

• Falun - Archosaur
    Falun - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i can`t do anything then agree to this.sure miss those good old days when this server was new and rank wasn`t thought of.back then you could allso see which person where the best or most skilled.just the idea of a non csing server gives pwi what they want "Variation" tho like u said they won`t implement it.i bet it has all ups and downs ready for a flame war tho would say it has more positive things then negative.relly hope they use this suggestion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome siggy by Silvychar <(^_^)>
  • redrod
    redrod Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:dirty This is the best idea u have came up with. its a good way to keep people addicted to the game. and Yes fashion needs to be able to be bought with Gold. b:cry and maybe then u Cloud Six and Zai will come back.
  • wizzylight
    wizzylight Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    studmuffin chu so smexy b:chuckle
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Xx_Cloud_xXx - Archosaur
    Xx_Cloud_xXx - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Think this is the smartest idea ever that stud has ever come up with <3, and people will be addicted again.
  • yungkingz
    yungkingz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this is a great idea then many people would come back to a game they can enjoy playing b:thanks
  • SIX_SIN - Archosaur
    SIX_SIN - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:victory sounds fun id be down...<---helped think it up yayb:bye
  • Soochi - Archosaur
    Soochi - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Errrr and what ll pwi make outta this ? +100 popularity +0 $ ? not feasible i think b:surrender
  • AbyMoon - Archosaur
    AbyMoon - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Advertisment for the other servers? b:surrender Q_Q idk but it does sound fun.
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Errrr and what ll pwi make outta this ? +100 popularity +0 $ ? not feasible i think b:surrender

like i said they could easily make things like fashion and mounts cash-shop-able and they would gain a huge amount of players back which is what they need most right now... however as things stand there is but a minuscule chance of this actually happening but with enough people on board you'll never know
  • CelestiaXx - Archosaur
    CelestiaXx - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Personally I've impulse charged in the game more so because the new fashion is sooooo cute (or it's not the right colour) over some new OP item. Looking back at my charge history, I know I've charged enough to buy an R9 set for my veno, and possibly the dagger for my sin. So as long as fashion can be bought with gold in this new server, it's safe to say it's feasible.

I know I haven't played the game as long as stud, six and cloud, but I do know that I'm finding it less and less interesting since no matter how much you work on something, someone with platinum credit card can unravel your hard work within a day.
  • Super_Heals - Archosaur
    Super_Heals - Archosaur Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    awasome idea stud
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Would have been great plan, had they implemented it n the original core source of income being fashion/mounts/rare pets/hard to get skills maybe even- Some games have done quite well just offering those things-

But lets be honest- a lot of people would try it, some would love it, but majority would fail, running back to the main servers with CC in hand-

Bout as close as you will get to this idea is a P-server- vendetta was once like that, was a blast
    re
    edited February 2012
    Would have been great plan, had they implemented it n the original core source of income being fashion/mounts/rare pets/hard to get skills maybe even- Some games have done quite well just offering those things-

But lets be honest- a lot of people would try it, some would love it, but majority would fail, running back to the main servers with CC in hand-

Bout as close as you will get to this idea is a P-server- vendetta was once like that, was a blast

i doubt it, but you may be right. but most people that USED to play when it actually involved skills now play lol (league of legends) and lol does exactly what I'm proposing here. you can't buy runes or anything that will boast your IN game skills with money, you actually have to buy it with coins you farm up while playing. but you can buy skins on lol with money and that's the equivalence of fashion in pwi.
  • Claciusvile - Archosaur
    Claciusvile - Archosaur Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Its a decent idea, but of course some people have already mentioned some problems with this.

This would be one of the major problems of a server without the means to cashshop on. The older people/the people with at least some skills would appreciate this as everything would be based on farming and aquiring their gear with effort instead of using credit cards.

Where as....the people who were too lazy to farm the gear or couldn't be bothered to learn their class and would use credit card to arquire their gear without even taking a few moments to learn their class (BELIEVE ME....Ive seen alot of people on the server I play on which people just cash shop, grab r9 and have no clue about their skills -.-), they may as well say 'HEY, there is a server which I can use the power of the credit card to become OP as heck and be so AWESOME...Ima go over there'.

Also as soochi said, the server wouldn't make as much money as the other servers as it wouldn't have rank sale or any pack sales. It would make some money with the fashion/charms/etc..but not as much.

Problems aside, I believe it is a pretty good idea, though a suggestion.

I wouldn't have hypers in the cash shop. Have FC back to a farming instance. This would make Deltas more popular and would be seeing alot more zhen parties. More zhen parties = more zhen parties invasions. I mean, it IS a PvP server right? What would it be like if people would just go to FC with hypers just to plvl to 100 :/ make it back to older days.

All in all, a good idea. However, the idea will eventually be shot down. PWE has always been focused on making money (I mean, who isn't focused on making money) and a server with these implements would not make as much money as the older servers.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    pwe's biggest problem is that they don't consider the servers themselves as separate factors that can drive profit margins. and so what you have instead is their entire business model being based only on the goods in the boutique, and not creative solutions to address the servers. why do you think their solution to every problem in this game has involved the boutique in one way or another. they even open new servers to promote the boutique, not because they see the potential for longevity. when in the past, when the game was good? the servers stood on their own merit and people, seeing more value in their environment, didn't need to be baited by mass psychology and marketing schemes to want to spend a decent amount supporting a product they enjoyed. PWE has taken bend but don't break to another level, they've since squeezed the last ounce of credibility and have lost a fair portion of their long-term average spenders, and even a decent chunk of high spenders. the people spending $1000 for r9 now spent the same $1000 back then, but just on charms to merchant and other things to be able to get their tt90 axes, and tt99 gear, and to sell off their money to buy up all the perfect shards faster than the free to play people. the biggest difference is that in one environment, spending money on the boutique prevented stagnation and stimulated our in game-economy because there wasnt intrusion and as much speculation. there was just greater harmony between supply and demand, and greater trust between seller and consumer because nobody expected pwe to make the drastic decisions they have. now everything is backwards, coin is inflated, and nobody trusts anyone anymore. it has all been a result of pwe over reaching. to say this is inevitable in every free to play mmorpg, and that they wouldnt have been lucrative enough before to bring the updates without the introduction of things like anni packs is just naieve.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Only solution to balanced PvP is an instance that suspends your current gear- and has a quest NPC with balanced gear to choose from-

Another game is doing precisely that- if PWI was smart, they would develop somthing along those lines, rather than this PvE **** they come up with-
    re
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    News Flash!

PWE doesn't care about you.
    You don't wanna spend your money? GTFO.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    who are these people coming up with these ideas? Never heard of em . . . . .

Anywho, they would have to then charge a monthly fee for the game to cover the extensive r&d costs they have in order to bring us the freshest, most exciting new content of any game anywhere. Thats what keeps this game interesting for all, isn't it? Something new every single month to keep your interest doesn't come cheap.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't get how people can compare moba like lol and mmorpg like pw. b:surrender

what make moba games alive are the game play
    without balanced heroes, heavy team work needs, and fun game play = a moba will fail
    people a lot more focused to the game play than idle around... or faking how great they are..

mmorpg like pw can just simply go with very easy and boring game play
    as long as the game are pretty, work on **** to high end computer, not so buggy, and able to lure actively social people to play = the game will be crowded by it self
    people will be busy showing their e-peen, achievement, and hard work to other players
    while the f2p players (sort kind of poor, lazy, unemployed, no business, or just stingy for their own sake) constantly complaining and demanding better treatment from games company

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't get how people can compare moba like lol and mmorpg like pw. b:surrender

without balanced heroes, heavy team work needs, and fun game play = a moba will fail
    people a lot more focused to the game play than idle around... or faking how great they are..

as long as the game are pretty, work on **** to high end computer, not so buggy, and able to lure actively social people to play = the game will be crowded by it self
    people will be busy showing their e-peen, achievement, and hard work to other players
    while the f2p players (sort kind of poor, lazy, unemployed, no business, or just stingy for their own sake) constantly complaining and demanding better treatment from games company

well said, well said
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited February 2012

the reason i compared the two is that people in our server (not gonna say pwe in general although i think every server feels the same way) seem to think that it involves "skills" to play this game, when in reality it doesn't. TW is the easiest way to see this. the faction with the hardest hitting r9's will win.

before i quit i used to run with the cata squad and it got to the point where you couldn't send your barbs down a different lane because all the opposing faction would do is send 2 to 3 hard hitting r9's to wipe out the squad.

any who i was fully aware that there is 0 to 1 percent chance of this ever getting somewhere but i just wanted to hear peoples take on the matter...

p.s glad to see your alive OLDMANMYSTIC wuvs chu <3 b:kiss
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *signs the petition* I'd play again and even buy myself a nice shirt fash every week or so, maybe a nice suit.
    edited February 2012
    the best thing about this server would be that high level pk wouldn't be much higher than the 50's for the longest time, maybe 60. (remember no BHs and no hypers means that leveling will be strictly zhen parties)
  • Halnore - Archosaur
    Halnore - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sounds like a good idea
    They say that silence is golden, and duct tape is silver. So get golden before i get silver!!!!!!b:sinb:sinb:sin
  • megamanda
    megamanda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *signs petition* b:victory
  • Xiac - Archosaur
    Xiac - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In all honesty Stud I love the idea, if it was implemented *wishful thinking* I would re-roll in a heartbeat and never look back. I have always regretted starting Archo not just for it being PvE but the userbase in general bleh. With what you have in mind it's perfectly plausible..
    anyone saying otherwise either *loves* everyone having pointless TW's or their credit card characters. b:shutup
    edited February 2012
    In all honesty Stud I love the idea, if it was implemented *wishful thinking* I would re-roll in a heartbeat and never look back. I have always regretted starting Archo not just for it being PvE but the userbase in general bleh. With what you have in mind it's perfectly plausible..
    anyone saying otherwise either *loves* everyone having pointless TW's or their credit card characters. b:shutup

lol couldn't have said it better myself. but other than the pvp servers all the other server are basically the same: R9 or gtfo (actually this is more so on the older servers than arch)
  • Super_Heals - Archosaur
    Super_Heals - Archosaur Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2012

i keep regreting starting to archo too...and srsly guys lets recomend it to the GMs b:victory
    edited February 2012
    i keep regreting starting to archo too...and srsly guys lets recomend it to the GMs b:victory

i actually started this thread on the main pwi forums but sadly i don't really see it going anywhere