Bone Dragon Rare Pet in Descent Expansion

Options

Comments

• Darsie_g - Sanctuary
    Darsie_g - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    For those of you that have caught it - which of the legendary skills do you think it should have? I caught mine day before yesterday, still trying to decide. Thanks.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you're actually gonna use it, claw bless and 2 out of (strong howl bash)
    i just got it cause i luckily happened across it, i dont think im gonna dump any money into it, nix is still stronger, and i dont find DD pets useful in 100+ instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Definitely Claw and then I'm undecided between Bless or Strong. I'll probably go for whichever I find first (provided it's a reasonable price). I put Pierce because I'm a demon venomancer and I'll either keep toxic mist or flesh realm.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I've been camping out Derjan's rest since the day I hit 101, and I've yet to see any sign of the stupid skeleton. I think it's mocking me. b:sad
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I've been camping out Derjan's rest since the day I hit 101, and I've yet to see any sign of the stupid skeleton. I think it's mocking me. b:sad

Tell me about it. Since expansion I'm trying to get one. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Ana///stacia - Dreamweaver
    Ana///stacia - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:cry well ive seen it almost tamed it but i dced when i almost hit the tame button when i got back all i got to saw was coins so i killed it b:cry i cant believe so much bad luck b:sadmaybe some day ill get one ...till then >.< ill just qq...my *** off
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'm planning on taming more then one for as a backup 1 dies and different skill sets. 1 with Claw, Flesh Realm, Pounce, and some 4th. Another with Strong, Blessing, Protect, and Bash. And such....
  • Morayine - Sanctuary
    Morayine - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I will be camping it out in two days when i hit 101, i hope to find itb:victory
    "There's a big difference knowing the Path, and Walking the Path"
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Going to be a pain unless you're really lucky but I'll try to help out XD

Also, wow..you're avatar is stuck at lvl 85 b:shocked
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The best approach almost seems to be : "dont care ab it and check randomly to see if its there."

Otherwise you'll end up like me and this other veno who have been camping it....staring at a screen for 1 1/2 days and no sign of the dam thing. I think the other veno is on her 3rd or 4th day lol. This spawn time is ridiculous b:cry
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I know its burried somewhere in the previous 100 posts but reasking is quicker, sorry.

What is the respawn time on it? I flew by and watched it get tamed on my sin earlier, no time to get a veno down there. I've heard its a random spawn between 24-48 hours but I wonder if there is a more definitive respawn time yet.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I know its burried somewhere in the previous 100 posts but reasking is quicker, sorry.

What is the respawn time on it? I flew by and watched it get tamed on my sin earlier, no time to get a veno down there. I've heard its a random spawn between 24-48 hours but I wonder if there is a more definitive respawn time yet.

Yes supposedly 24-48 hours. Some people Ive met swore up and down they watched and it spawned well after the 48hour mark. But of course, it looks just like the other dinos so they could've been unlucky and had it tamed while they were..idk...going to the restroom or what not.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options

After I tamed it, a few other venomancers I know tamed theirs so I was able to check on the spawn times and/or taming times for several days afterwards and I have to say that the hatchling did not follow any particular pattern.

However, it does seem to spawn between 10am and 3pm server time (Sanctuary) in most cases since all of them, including me, tamed theirs in that time frame.

It's said to spawn between 24 and 48 hours but the time is completely random.
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say that I just tamed mine at about 2:40ish AM EST today on Dreamweaver. I was just walking up the path (the top spot); and there he was; strolling around:) Good Luck to everyone else!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:surrender I remembered taming mine after 48 hours exact.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Welp. I finally got one. b:chuckle

I was bored of sitting in arch waiting for a BH squad, so I thought I'd go check. At the bottom of the path, I noticed a dino standing in a strange spot. I almost dismissed it, but when I moused over it...b:shocked

I tried taming it at 50%, and I'll say this....it's resilient. By the time I realized that it had failed, my marksman had almost killed it. It was literally one pet-hit away from death at that point (read: down to about 5k hp). Tame pet failed 3 more times after that.

White knuckle all the way. b:surrender
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Welp. I finally got one. b:chuckle

I was bored of sitting in arch waiting for a BH squad, so I thought I'd go check. At the bottom of the path, I noticed a dino standing in a strange spot. I almost dismissed it, but when I moused over it...b:shocked

I tried taming it at 50%, and I'll say this....it's resilient. By the time I realized that it had failed, my marksman had almost killed it. It was literally one pet-hit away from death at that point (read: down to about 5k hp). Tame pet failed 3 more times after that.

White knuckle all the way. b:surrender

This post reads like a good suspense-thriller :D
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Now I just need to figure out what skills to give it. Claw is definitely on the list, and I'd like to keep pierce (because I'm not a sage veno). Aside from that, I'm at a loss.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Now I just need to figure out what skills to give it. Claw is definitely on the list, and I'd like to keep pierce (because I'm not a sage veno). Aside from that, I'm at a loss.

Forget Pierce; Strong, Protect, and Flesh Ream or Bash (depending on [?] or not)
    edited May 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Forget Pierce; Strong, Protect, and Flesh Ream or Bash (depending on [?] or not)

I already have a herc. What's the point in making a herc wannabe?

And...I like pierce... especially on a pet that can make decent use of it.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

Pierce on Demon Venos has uses actually.

And why upgrade it's defences , people use this for damage.

At Squeakytoy : if you aim to join Caster nirvanas i think elemental bashes and Howl are good. Claw as well for more damage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Claw, Howl and 2 elemental bashes (for Casters Nirvana.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Claw, Howl and 2 elemental bashes (for Casters Nirvana.)

Is elemental bashes going to be worth the time it takes to keep it alive?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'm going for Claw and Bless, probably from my faction base skill books. HP addition is rather nice to help it stay alive longer. Its dps is good enough so I don't think it will hurt removing an attack skill.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Is elemental bashes going to be worth the time it takes to keep it alive?

Even if it only survives long enough to apply howl and get in one, maybe two elemental bashes, it's a net plus for the squad.

In your (always biased) opinion, is any pet worth the time it takes to keep it alive in Casters?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Even if it only survives long enough to apply howl and get in one, maybe two elemental bashes, it's a net plus for the squad.

In your (always biased) opinion, is any pet worth the time it takes to keep it alive in Casters?

I agree with tweakz on this one. It's most definitely not worth the time and effort required to keep it alive. Even if it lands one howl before it dies, how much damage are you really gaining?. You have two myriad rainbow skills, both of which can apply magic breaks (which will overwrite howl anyway) and clerics always have their magic debuff.

The only pet I would consider using in a caster nirvana is a hercules. And even then, only to help deal with adds that the third and fifth bosses spawn.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The only pet I would consider using in a caster nirvana is a hercules. And even then, only to help deal with adds that the third and fifth bosses spawn.

That's what I do nowadays. I figured it was just not worth the time and effort to keep the pet alive or no point in sending the pet to apply Howl and let it die afterwards.

It could be just me but more often than not I run with Clerics that use their debuffs and it's more than enough, imo.

I don't use pets in Nirvana in general, nowadays their DPS don't matter much considering the seals (in regular) and their vulnerability (in caster). I use the Hercules for the adds like Squeaky points out and the dino at the 99 Key quest boss because it doesn't seal, it has more HP, can't be Amp'd etc. so then it actually helps.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I feel sorry for the squad that takes a veno that thinks 1 hit from their pet is a net plus for the squad. Lets not ignore over-writing Elemental Seal either. Congrats for being one of the reasons I hesitate to add any veno to any squad I make.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the squad that takes a veno that thinks 1 hit from their pet is a net plus for the squad. Lets not ignore over-writing Elemental Seal either. Congrats for being one of the reasons I hesitate to add any veno to any squad I make.

I feel sorry also for the squad that takes a veno that dies rezzing the pet in that place.
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Let's see... sage and demon elemental seal, 35%, level 5 howl 36%... I don't see the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.