[Announcement] Get Ready for PWI: Descent!

Options

Comments

• pourush
    pourush Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The Expansion is awesome.....but i just hope the skill balancing works out i mean sage archers need something good as well u know like a never to miss skill :P . But all in all the expansion sounds awesome can't wait to check it out.....
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    From those who tested things out on PW CN, any kinda news on this part of the teaser website ?

"and many existing abilities have been tweaked for balancing purposes"

Did something really get changed ??
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • PrettyBomb - Raging Tide
    PrettyBomb - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    wo0t b:victory
  • FataIity_ - Archosaur
    FataIity_ - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    anyone got any info about when the upcoming big patch will be ready for download? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pensil - Harshlands
    Pensil - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    anyone got any info about when the upcoming big patch will be ready for download? b:shocked

You mean when the expansion will be released?
    Are you seriously asking that? b:shocked
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

He probably means the manual patch which is released a while before the maintenance starts. This allows you to start downloading and installing it so you can play from the second the servers open again.

I'm a little curious about that as well, but it's usually about a day before the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FataIity_ - Archosaur
    FataIity_ - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    He probably means the manual patch which is released a while before the maintenance starts. This allows you to start downloading and installing it so you can play from the second the servers open again.

I'm a little curious about that as well, but it's usually about a day before the update.

During genesis expansion i think the manual patch was ready 48hours b4 expansion, hope they do something similar this time. Downloading about 1GB+ will take quite a lot of time for me b:surrender

You got ur answer from the person who posted above me :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dakoo - Sanctuary
    Dakoo - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    davkese wrote: »
    Erm.. One tiny question about the new skills..

Exactly what would the mystics get?
    I assume every class get something new, meaning we most likely dont get another healing skill, or just another magic attack skill.
    Maybe we get the ability to have some sort of pets ? No wait, mystics already have that.

And a meele, or physical skill would be patethic to have unless the damage is decided with amount of magic attack..

No matter how much i twist my brain, i just dont get what mystics will have.

Most classes get 5 new skills, Mystics get 6. Squad buff: increase damage dealt by skills by 20%. Squad Buff: Increase healing effects by 20%, healing potion effects by 30%. AoE Revive. AoE unstealth skill (using third eye to see through stealth). AoE uber heal. And a skill that absorbs part of a target's healing effects for yourself , including charms (this skill is upgradeable by one lv, and both lvs benefit from soulforce). No offensive skills, but I am very happy with these, gotta lv my Mystic now.
  • davkese
    davkese Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Most classes get 5 new skills, Mystics get 6. Squad buff: increase damage dealt by skills by 20%. Squad Buff: Increase healing effects by 20%, healing potion effects by 30%. AoE Revive. AoE unstealth skill (using third eye to see through stealth). AoE uber heal. And a skill that absorbs part of a target's healing effects for yourself , including charms (this skill is upgradeable by one lv, and both lvs benefit from soulforce). No offensive skills, but I am very happy with these, gotta lv my Mystic now.

Thank you.
    But the AoE Revieve is bit confusing.
    I assume its just like the same buff mystics already got, but when using a level 10 Ressurect skill, it drains around half my mana, on one person.

The unstealth skill, when i first heard about it, i understood it was a skill that let the mystic see the person in stealth, but is it so that they force them out of stealth so everyone can see them?

And the last skill i dont think i understood at all.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    davkese wrote: »
    Thank you.
    But the AoE Revieve is bit confusing.
    I assume its just like the same buff mystics already got, but when using a level 10 Ressurect skill, it drains around half my mana, on one person.

The unstealth skill, when i first heard about it, i understood it was a skill that let the mystic see the person in stealth, but is it so that they force them out of stealth so everyone can see them?

And the last skill i dont think i understood at all.

AoE Revive is likely to be the same as the Resurrect buff.

The 3rd Eye forces was described to force all stealth targets within 26 meters of the user out of stealth and lasts 6 seconds.

The last skill absorbs a portion of your target's healing from items (HP food/charms) and skills for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    zaaphiel wrote: »
    As everyone is in delight over the new skills, there has has to be a massive skill Nerf somewhere! thats all i am focusing on.

aps, aps, please be aps. at least to 4.0 or so i canhold aggro! lol
    btw you should put your avatar on:)
    Objective: Complete
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I dont get why clerics get attack skills. They are healers and they BB 90% of time in squads, they dont need attack, they need defense because most of them are 1 shot from bosses. I can see there will be "dd cleric" not healers anymore, that really sucks.
    Give them level defense or some kind of physical defense better then they are now. The only good skill is no exp lost because they res us but no one can res them and as they die alot they need it.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I dont get why clerics get attack skills. I can see there will be "dd cleric" not healers anymore, that really sucks.

Answer: Mystics are the new clerics now.

This is a joke.
  • _Soren - Dreamweaver
    _Soren - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    omg i cant wait im so excited b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

This is a joke.

Haha! Well sometimes is true.. except BB i had some great mystics in squad just as good as a cleric. But it was good to give clerics some defense because they always die so easy Maybe they were thinking of clerics solo a little at small levels and do the missions easily.
  • _Soren - Dreamweaver
    _Soren - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:pleased so close to the new expansion omg i cant wait
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaggerKitten - Dreamweaver
    DaggerKitten - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Haha! Well sometimes is true.. except BB i had some great mystics in squad just as good as a cleric. But it was good to give clerics some defense because they always die so easy Maybe they were thinking of clerics solo a little at small levels and do the missions easily.

It's not that hard now for clerics to solo at lower levels if they know how to heal themselves and mystics tend to be just as squishy as clerics. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

This is a joke.

I wish it was.b:cryb:angry I can't wait to get Lv.100 Mystic(Lv.94 atm) so I can be done with this FF nightmare.
  • Venomaz - Heavens Tear
    Venomaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LOL u think at 100 u stop doin FF lol maybe if this new expansions instances r like FF then yes but if not gl lolb:surrender
  • listernia
    listernia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    anyone know how large this update will be as in data. Mb , Gbs. thanks. :D can you post it on my core connect wall please i would greatly appreciate it
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    listernia wrote: »
    anyone know how large this update will be as in data. Mb , Gbs. thanks. :D can you post it on my core connect wall please i would greatly appreciate it

How we are supposed to know that?
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • mol1
    mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    listernia wrote: »

861.6mb
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    mol1 wrote: »
    861.6mb

never mind found it's already available...
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_606-612.cup
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    For International? That's kinda....early
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    mh...

so 200k coins + 60x Corona Emblems for initial G15 weapon
    and 150k coins + 45x Corona Emblems for recast G15 weapon

hopefully Corona Emblems don't drop as bad as raptures (considering 10 man squads...?)

at least: there will be light armor helmets ^^
  • Hazukiru - Sanctuary
    Hazukiru - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    is the update tonight? or tomorrow
  • Os_bm - Harshlands
    Os_bm - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    all updated and ready for tommorow btw new entrance pictures and animations look nice b:flowerb:flowerb:flower
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    all updated and ready for tommorow btw new entrance pictures and animations look nice b:flowerb:flowerb:flower

Yea, same thing here b:victory
  • EithanPsy - Heavens Tear
    EithanPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    AFter i download the patch what do i do launch the launcher tonight and it should update it? on its own or do i have to find the patchs i downloaded cause i never did it manually!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]