PWI is dead?

Options
pmihai12
pmihai12 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
My point of view.. pwi is dead!

I have been playing for almost 3 years.. and now all the quest spots are empty , cities emptys.... everyone are doing frost & hyper these days... not fun at all...

For the old player .... i have nice memories when every1 in the server was so active doing quests in squads and do so much more... hh runs alot .. doing quest bosses , guild activity etc..

I have seen alot of new people from lvl 1 doing frosts to 100 and they dont event know how to play... how to use a skill.......

Hardway was nice and alot more fun..

So pwi is dead?

Where is the fun? doing a lvl 1 char and in 3 week wow i'm100 and now what? that's it?
Post edited by pmihai12 on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The game's dying, but till the servers close, it isnt dead. What IS dead (or at death's door?) is the old-school way of playing. Things like questing ("pointless" outside of cultivation/OHT)/grinding (zhen)/open-world PvP (restricted to some spots).

...All of this has been said before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Server Merge. That is all.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

No thanks. RT has more than enough trolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The game's dying, but till the servers close, it isnt dead. What IS dead (or at death's door?) is the old-school way of playing. Things like questing ("pointless" outside of cultivation/OHT)/grinding (zhen)/open-world PvP (restricted to some spots).

...All of this has been said before.

Sadly this is true, wouldn't putting a bar on anyone under level 80 being able to enter the Frost instance fix most, if not All of these issues though? Something Soooo simple, yet probably another 'Fix' or 'Patch' that would have to come from China first before the Gm's/Dev's could implement it here, and we all know how long stuff like that would take. Sadly now that I think about it, this wouldn't happen as lower levels entering frost doesn't pose the same problem to the CN version as it does to us, I.E. its not an Exp instance (For those that don't know) So WHY would they want to fix it?.... and again I find myself stating the obvious....To SAVE Pwi from collapse....b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    No thanks. RT has more than enough trolls.

Clearly not enough, I made a level 5 char there just to check out if there were really 5 SOTs in the AH; there could have been more WC raging and trolling about it!
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pmihai12 wrote: »
    My point of view.. pwi is dead!
    then leave.

no like? no play.
    its almost as if pple making 'pwi is dead' threads just cant let go of the game despite what they post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    PWI? Dead? are you totally mad!?!? this game is a live and kicking more then ever with the booming population, balanced classes and loads of things to do!

/sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

^ this.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Willbert - Dreamweaver
    Willbert - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Personally I don't find PWi dead.. I find the players who are in it dead.

They powerlevel to 100 with no time or interest in investing not only on their equipment but also their skills or knowledge of their class.

Attempted 3 full deltas yesterday and found the classes either ill equpped or poor class playing that the first two failed at wave 8... Was a struggle to get there and no.. was not due to stuns..

Third attempt I found a class making excuses of lag while teleing to the other side of the valley.. all the while not responding to pm's or reg squad chats.. then later pm'ed me they were going afk once they did make it through.. I left squad..

Game has plenty of content and grinding posiblilities.. but the WoW players are here.. This is no longer about making one toon to take to the top.. but spread out and make multi toons.

I have three toons.. not by choice.. waiting on others to catch up.. so I made a couple to dable in.. but the fact most or some have way to many toons spreads out their resources and prevents them from finding a niche they can live with to make coin and build ONE toon which they can LEARN to play to assist a squad.

Ugh.. seeing others in squad saying.. need this class or that class when their under geared and unknowledgeable with their class and event.. Really.. doing Delta and wearing elemantal necklace and belt.. ?? gl..

And when I say wear appropaite gear. .not talking about nirvy or r8 or r9 gear.. even tt would be appropiate to what I'm seeing lvl 101's wear.. b:shocked\

Well.. I was lucky to find an ingame gf to spend time with and help out.. as she helps me to keep me interestd in PWi or I'd have gone long ago..

Gl to all and hope you find that which makes you enjoy a "game".. b:surrender
  • Infidele - Harshlands
    Infidele - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    First time I see someone says PWi is dead

/Sarcasm off
  • Cyrus_wiz - Lost City
    Cyrus_wiz - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    nah not everyone who new does frost. in the last week ive met about 6 new ppl who jus started the game n made friends with 2 more since yesterday and our quest area wasnt empty either. I do agree that it might not be as much as we wud like to se or how it use to be but theres new ppl coming into the game. remember just beacuse u dont see then doesnt mean there not thereb:victory
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Attempted 3 full deltas yesterday and found the classes either ill equpped or poor class playing that the first two failed at wave 8... Was a struggle to get there and no.. was not due to stuns..
    Delta is the bloody bane of my existence. Not because the instance is hard, but because getting a good squad for it is such a frustrating task.

I have one character with 3rd fairy, and she is the only one who will ever have it. I almost quit the game in frustration from trying to get her cultivations done, not going to subject myself to that again. b:beatenup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The only thing that's dead is these forums.
    Same old threads every week.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm waiting for G W 2 Until then just trying out some classes
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    the game is far from dead but yes it lacks ALOT than other mmo provide.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The only thing that's dead is these forums.
    Same old threads every week.

qftb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:pleasedWell look at it this way, atleast KS'ing is at an all time LoW, ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!b:laugh

b:victory
  • BloodyNero - Raging Tide
    BloodyNero - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The game is alive alright, just go to snowy,plume or south arch or west arch outskirts. Maybe they should increase the drop rate to what it was during 2x then more people would grind. Otherwise grinding just seems to be a waste time and money (or something what lifeless people would do)
    What these guys really should do is get perfect tokens of luck to drop from the mobs that can be npc'ed like mirages at 10k. I really hate seeing the tokens at 14k now b:cry
    kill me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    To fill in some spare moments here and there I recently downloaded and play one of PWI's newly purchased games, set in space, which went f2p recently - shouldnt be too hard to work out. It got me thinking:

I cant play it for ****. This isnt a bad thing. I'm enjoying the experience of trying to work it out.

I imagine if high level players saw me they would know I was a total noob and the tiny things I were doing would be insignificant on various levels to what they are doing.

Somewhere between where I am in the game and the high levels is a range of content.

If I lose interest/get bored/see poor results after the excitement of the beginner stage I will not see it through the middle stage to get to end game. I will quit.

Now lets look at PWI.

There is no reason why new players shouldnt have a ball playing PWI. There is a massive range of things to do. (I actually much prefer the interface and look of PWI to the previously mentioned game which shall remain nameless)

When players hit 30+ quests will start getting very monotonous and a small amount of research will lead people to realize that adding real cash is necessary to gaining much more enjoyment out of PWI. It was during this stage that I bought my herc a loooong time ago. (sort of wish I'd put my meagre cash injections into getting r9 on a bm)

It will then become apparant that nothing quest related really changes until end-game when you do Nirvana, even though theres instances before then like tt, fc, lunar, warsong, cube, gv etc. And that all of these become pretty monotonous too.

So what is left to play for. Really the answer is TW - that is end game as far as Im concerned.

This is my basic analysis. PWI needs to make the midgame quests/grinding much more lucrative and change the TW rules to get more people involved. To me, this would go a long way to 'saving' this game - I still play regularly, but the entertainment value is going down rapidly. Its that (very long) stage between beginner and end-game that needs a lot of focus, and a overhall of TW.

edit - I have also seen what the op sees - the map is empty generally - no one is actually out doing anything and cities are empty. PWI - you could make a lot more money if you keep more people interested in staying.
  • orangejuice0
    orangejuice0 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    another QQ thread about hyper lvling....
    ill tell u something,if PWE remove hyper lvling this game will die for good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Approve. At least give us server transfer stones..RT IS DEAD.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Rank 8 and rank 9 sales destroyed PvP balance
    Destroying PvP balance destroyed the only really fun endgame content of the game - Territory Wars
    Destroying Territory Wars destroyed the game

Ps. I did quit the game. Just checking out the forums when bored at work, thinking about good ol' PWI days when the game was about skill and fun, not coins and gear.
    Packs World International
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes it's true, a lot changed.. yes is true, lost some climate but..
    How many more QQ about PWI is dead you ll write more?

I agree with someone few posts above me..
    Don't like it don't play, simple :p

There is lots mmo to check out b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The really sad thing is that I feel new players are only alts.
    That's why they powerlevel, since they already know how to do it.

That's why you don't see people at grind/quest spot anymore; pwi is indeed dead in some way, since there are almost no new players coming.
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My Server has plenty of people, catshops everywhere on Archosaur,and some in the main cities, world chat always lively, and not too hard to find a squad (Or some bored high level) for low levels bh29-59.

Levelling is fast enough without hypers, I got an alt to 70 in less than 30 days, triple BH every day gives plenty of exp at least till 70-75.

The only trouble for new players is to get money: Too many merchants around and too many 5aps farmers that drive the prices of stuff to the bottom.
    But still there are fairy boxes in 1-2 squad mode, which can be done without epic equipment, still there is the occasional gold mat drop, and BH100 for people that reach 100 gives those yummy cards(Got around 15M just from that this month).

Upcoming expansion will make PvP more various, and MAYBE finally Wizards will be able to beat Sins equally geared. A new Fashion ( I love fash <3),is released every 2 weeks on average, frequent pack sales makes merchant able to do the make tons of money(For who merchant).

Nah the game is not dead,you're all just a bunch of bored "Veterans" who played this game for 3 years and BIG SURPRISE you had enough of it. I bet most of the forum poster here barely play the game at all,yet they claim that its dead.

You had enough of this game? ok happens every day,live along and play something else instead of QQ in the forum,a game is never supposed to last forever,people just can't tell the difference between having playing too much and being overbored of it and actually recognize that the game its dead.

Questing in this game sucks, its always been like this(Except that we didn't had TB quest chain at lv.40 or EG quest at lv.20),when the game started and there were no BHs how people were QQing about how levelling is slow,and now different (Or maybe the same?), people QQ because its too fast,I think we've got a choice a now:
    - Levelling the old way without even BH(No one forces you to do BH or FCC Im I wrong?)
    - Spend money on hypers,teles,and whatever to do FCC(Again,no one forces you either way)

You guys prefer back then when you had NOT an alternate why for levelling and the only speed of levelling was the plain old and ?boring pace?

And yes, I occasionally meet new players, they're not many, because this game is old on graphics and not very attractive unlike the more modern ones, its not like its game itself that got that bad.

PS @TheDan
    When you sell TM Lunar runs QQ I need 3 more runs :D
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Archosaur and european servers killed pwi. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I was going to write something than I thought oh forget it, too many 'game is dead' Trolls on this Forum.
    Must resist to feed them something they can chew.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Rikeey - Heavens Tear
    Rikeey - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lol, every game has posts like this just go to the Wow Forums and see. Im my opinion I believe World of ******** is dying right now. The servers are all at an all time low in that game and Blizzard won't merge servers and they know its dying. I play this game because the leveling is a challenge, I still play both games, but until Blizzard fixes its boring game then I don't play it as much as I do PWI now. Don't worry about it. In 50 years this game won't exist, neither will WoW. and maybe neither of us. Besides I think 1 or 4 servers is better than what Blizzard has... which is like 50 servers and every single one of them is dead except for about 5...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Game's far from dead.
    There is still plenty of people playing but we don't get new players very often and if we do, the majority probably quit due to the lack of players in the middle levels and the great gap that has occurred due to the mass powerleveling.

It's not dead but it's not going upwards either. All MMOs are bound to die sooner or later anyway. Maybe they will make PWI 2 or something (like some companies have done with their games). I would like that, upgraded graphics looks and all.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
This discussion has been closed.