Why Are Wizards So OP?

Hurrdurr - Lothranis
Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Why is wizard the most OP class in PWI? At endgame they can have 80+ def levels and 15k+ in each defences. That is ridiculous as it makes them extremely tanky. Just to make them even better at surviving, the devs decided to give them 'distance' shrink, so now even if you get them they can just shrink away.

Wizards also have the best offensive capability. With R9 they have over 90 attack levels and can easily one shot most of the players with a simple undine-gush combo. Against fellow R9 players undine with genie spark on a dex genie means they pretty much debuff the opponent's fire defence to nothing and deals massive damage. If that won't do they have sutra which enables them to channel all 4 ranged fire skills within just 6 seconds. It's OP when a 40k HP barb gets dropped by just one wizard in under 10 seconds.

To make matters worse PWI also gave wizards (demon at least) amazing control skills. The stun of stone rain is comparable to Head Hunt (requires 2 sparks) or Drake's Dash (1 spark). Mountain Seize also carries an AoE stun and also dealing a lot of damage.

All in all this class is definitely broken and I have no respect for anyone who plays this class.
Post edited by Hurrdurr - Lothranis on

Comments

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I suddenly feel awesomer, I'm now OP.

Only a tiny bit tho, I felt awesome anyway, I'm a god damn Wizard ffs b:cool
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Even the most op wiz still dies quickly to sin. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Even the most op wiz still dies quickly to sin. b:bye

Incorrect sir. How can a sin DD through the 15k or even 20k p.def of a wizard as well as their 80+ def levels? Meanwhile as soon as the wizard is out of the stun they can just gush the sin and kill it in one shot, 2 if deaden nerves is active.
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Is this the dude that did the Clerics OP thread
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    oxytorch wrote: »
    Is this the dude that did the Clerics OP thread

No, that thread is just stupid.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's kind of silly how much general discussion has degraded into nothing but QQ and trolls...

Just taking a look at the front page 16 of the 20 threads are one of those 2. That's 80%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's kind of silly how much general discussion has degraded into nothing but QQ and trolls...

Just taking a look at the front page 16 of the 20 threads are one of those 2. That's 80%.

Well...

What else would we talk about?

Ponies talk gets moved to OT (trashcan 3). D:
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012

Indeed. These trolls who post on low levelled alts gives me such a bad name too.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    WTB > banhammer.

Seriously dude, stop making troll threads. =_=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited January 2012
    Indeed. These trolls who post on low levelled alts gives me such a bad name too.

b:laugh I don't even know what to say to that
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2012

yet u still... i dont even....
    edited January 2012
    WTB > banhammer.

Seriously dude, stop making troll threads. =_=

Why so muffintops? These threads are the only entertaining part of the forums.

If it wasn't for the trolling and responses they get, I'd have to revert to something more childish, like making slug salt mazes.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Why is spark so op?*
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If it wasn't for the trolling and responses they get, I'd have to revert to something more childish, like making slug salt mazes.

o__o

You know. I once actually tried to sum up all the stupidity in general discussion in one animated signature. I failed. 500x100 pixels is by far not enough to express the amazing idiocy some people here can sprout. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Why so muffintops? These threads are the only entertaining part of the forums.

General forums isn't really meant to be entertaining but I do agree, sometimes it's entertaining to see someone troll or something stupid but this, I don't see what's so funny. Can you point out the funny parts?
  • Quantus - Harshlands
    Quantus - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Idk wtf to think. Take the OP seriously, or gloat with my sucessors.
    Don't pay attention to the joining date please. I've been playing this game before the Rising Tide Expansion came out. I don't have a high leveled character because school and life gets in the way.
    b:thanks
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You know, I really love to troll, but the level of trollsmanship has declined to such levels that even I cannot bear to involve myself in trolling at times. That's why I'm actually being more productive here as of late. b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    why not have someone post a troll on how barbs are so OP. Wizards, clerics, psychics, and any other caster class arent OP so how bout do one on barbs since ppl are QQing bout sins, and caster classes.

heres some of the points to why a barb is OP.

demon spark, aps, claws, more aps, more demon spark, more claws and even more aps. b:laughb:chuckle
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    *yawn* Such a shame that these newbie tr0lls w0nt c0me up with s0mething different t0 tr0ll ab0ut, *class is 0P* threads are s0 2009.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Real original, OP. GD's been pretty boring, but without a new super-sale/abusable exploit (PQ3 seems to be minor compared to older stuff)/expansion occuring atm, its to be expected that the QQ would be even more stale than usual.
    Well...

What else would we talk about?

Ponies talk gets moved to OT (trashcan 3). D:

b:shocked Are the mods asleep yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    wizards are most OP in pve, you can tell from all the WC's for a wiz. its why im leveling so... fast.. b:surrender
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    dat sleep->dragon strike combo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Pony talk got moved to trash?!?

D: That's horrible!
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    lolomgwtfbbq got murked today by _ReWolf_
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquireis - Lost City
    Aquireis - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You know what with the way you say it every class with r9 in the game is OP. Wait till r10 then we will really have something to fear b:surrender
    All generalizations are false, including this one.
  • Pensil - Harshlands
    Pensil - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    For players that don't know how to play their class, every other class is OP. b:bye
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Pony talk got moved to trash?!?

D: That's horrible!

... I totally have not repeated this for the past x hours. Not me. Never.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • MrJenkins - Harshlands
    MrJenkins - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hurrdurr, we should build you your own special bridge. So you can troll away......
  • RickRoll_D - Lost City
    RickRoll_D - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012

agreed, and to op wizards are supposed to have high damage