Who likes the way the map is

Options

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

It's also laughable that you would bring up CrimsonJr. Didn't a bunch of Catalyst alts withdrew from CrimsonJr and form DEMACIA? Even your prime example of a faction has split to rival each other. And how is CrimsonJr a "possibility that isn't far off"? How many minutes can CrimsonJr stand up against Catalyst? How close exactly is this possibility?

But they didn't split off like "**** you Longie we hate you and want you to die," they split off like "yo we think it'd be more fun to fight against you" and I said "kk." The only anger that was involved at all is I had to say "wtf you flippin' geniuses take 85% of offense and leave our entire defense in tact: no ***** that was a recipe for a three hour war!" cuz wtf dat TW wuz LOOOOOOOONG. But yeah that wasn't hate, that was just a funny annoyance we could both laugh about; not like I was TRULY angry.

His point is that CJr represents that people who normally hate each other can friggin' drop it and get along and work together when needs be. I make it a point to not discriminate and allow ANYONE to join, and the only people that get the kick are those who absolutely refuse to work with their "mortal enemy." That's what he's talking about, not that CJr poses a dire threat to Catalyst as a guild, but that it embodies the attitude he wants to see from everyone.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Your posts has such a low effort in them that you can't even copy-pasta my name right.

I'm not saying that I have a better solution, I'm trying to tell you that it can't be done and your suggestions offers nothing new and impacting. Harshlands has far too low of a population for the situation to turn around. By the time Guild Wars 2 rolls around, I don't know how Harshlands will fare.

It's also laughable that you would bring up CrimsonJr. Didn't a bunch of Catalyst alts withdrew from CrimsonJr and form DEMACIA? Even your prime example of a faction has split to rival each other. And how is CrimsonJr a "possibility that isn't far off"? How many minutes can CrimsonJr stand up against Catalyst? How close exactly is this possibility?

HL has a low server population because no one is actually interested in having fun, they all just want to win and prove to everyone how much skill they have (thus the entire server wanting 2 be in cata).

Look at the "other" pvp server or Sanc, the old-time players have actually developed a community consisting of people from multiple factions.

This board might as well be called Cata/CrimJr boards.

Most just get fed up and play something else or move to lost city.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    HL has a low server population because no one is actually interested in having fun, they all just want to win and prove to everyone how much skill they have (thus the entire server wanting 2 be in cata).

Look at the "other" pvp server or Sanc, the old-time players have actually developed a community consisting of people from multiple factions.

Which is stupid though.

People are quitters. Instead of waiting for fun to come to them on a silver platter, they should be trying to MAKE fun, imo.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Uhh no... I for one refuse to join a faction like cata... I flat out refused to join zulu before it. My reasoning was when I was lvling up I was getting pked constantly by members of zulu (at that time) and it didn't matter where I was grinding or doing.... lvl 30 grinding on 30 mobs bam dead... BUT!!! When I got to 100 and r8 the archer, and started killing my former tormenters.... Then I was asked to join.... HELL NO!!! After I spend my time and money you want me.

If you want to recruit me then do so early on and check the attitude. I would agree with you on point you have made.. This server is filled with a stagnant ideaology... Of it was done to me so now I am gonna do it to the new low lvls. And it repeats itself creating more hate rather......???? Respect

On longknife and crimsonjr... I know a few people in there. I was even invited to join... However, even with all my bravado of getting over things and telling people to do the same... He has a couple of people that I refuse to work with... Simply because I know I will not be able to get along with these people (our personalities would just clash at every turn). It is a rarity for me to bl someone... And crimson jr has 2 out of 3 of my blacklisted people (the third being a gold selling alt)b:surrender

My pet peeve about factions... Tends to be age... My vent is age restricted.... Factions I have run or been apart of in the past have been age restricted... And like minded... My old long time gaming faction (played 6 games over 8 years with these people) is all military, or law enforcement backgrounds.... The youngest was 17 when he joined with an average age of 24-27. Everytime we go into a game as a group we take it over. To the point where in some instances the other side gives up and the game dies... (Completely shuts down servers are turned off and its sold to some random company)

ooooOOOOOOOpppppsb:sadb:surrender

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That's not a problem of factions , TW or whatever, the game just became boring and not funny.
    All the people playing this game for some time are just doing the same thing for bout 3 years, nothing interesting has been added since the game released and all u have to do if u wanna catch up with the people spending billions of RL money for a boring game is FARM MERCH FARM MERCH FARM.
    Of course at some point, people got bored and quitted, most of the good players from the past already quitted because it was boring, only cata is still here for some reason, that's why the map is like that.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

load of BS

You seem a little butthurt.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Dia I love you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ok well clearly ol vixy you have a stick in a inapropriate place. if you dont like theese posts then you dont have to post here. you dont like my ideas then dont get involved in them. the simple truth of it is your wrong flat and as plain as glass ive already spoken personally with quite a few people and alot are on board for this. sure we might not win the putnam cup or the town circle jerk but were gunna try for it. so in conclusion theres gunna be a war and eventually we might even win one. so the question is whos comming with me man whos comming with me hehehe fully man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Everytime we go into a game as a group we take it over. To the point where in some instances the other side gives up and the game dies... (Completely shuts down servers are turned off and its sold to some random company)

ooooOOOOOOOpppppsb:sadb:surrender

b:chuckle

go get dem boys give this server some life

oh wait you just talking out yer *** like most people
    b:bye
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Catalyst is the most active guild on the server? What?

I'm pretty sure that title belongs to Dumass, currently. It doesn't matter what time or day I log on, there are ppl yakking in GC, doing instance runs and PKing.

Anyway on to the TW discussion:

Now that there is no doubt of an alliance between Catalyst and Crimson, as proven with Catalyst's bid on Dumass this week, what is the next step for Catalyst?

Will Barbapapa, the former long-time leader of Crimson, have the balls to attack and effectively break that alliance with Crimson when inevitably they are the last two guilds on the map?

Or will Catalyst sit back and let other guilds gank Crimson until their land is gone then go forward and crystal rush the rest of the lands?

We have some interesting TW weeks ahead, don't we? b:surrender
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    most likely no
    b:bye
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    most likely no

LOL Mr. Bare-****.

Most likely no WHAT?
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My small knowledge of these higher end factions is only just coming to light now that I have spent a short amount of time in one of them....

So here is what I have seen

100+ players in this game are some of the most whiniest, bitter, beggar, inbred, arguing, fighting, bunch of children, *** holes I have ever seen in my life OMG!!!!

and thats why it will never work

K thnx baib:bye

This post here.... I hereby give exhibit A below
    You seem a little butthurt.

You immediately go to a flame post... Of everything I said the only thing you point out is my line about a load of bs, hoping to get a rise out of me. You offer nothing to the discussion, and no opinion. Which would mean that you have no real reason to post anything for this discussion other than an attempt to get someone else angry on your behalf.

But to direct the question... Am I butthurt about something??? No. I have (as stated in a post above) only recently joined one of these 90-100+ factions. There are people in this faction who used to be members of zulu, kylin, mayhem, crimson, catalyst, omerta.... yada yada yada you get the idea.

Now what I have been in thisand seen... 2 bms in same faction pking in the same place.... Start to trash talk eachother to such a degree that they start to pk each other.... And this drags on for over an hour with still the same ****... No life kid cash shop r9.... blah blah blah... Why can't we kill this person (probably because they wouldn't work together).

Or the guy who got pissed off and left faction because I asked how old he was before I would let him join "MY" vent where some of the other members were. He demanded I give him the info then a minute later (before I can even respond) He yelled (typed in all caps) I'm not gonna get vent info then I'm leaving

Or my last one.... There is a girl in our faction, and even though she has a bad rep from all the wcing she does.... Truth be told she is one of the nicest most helpful people I have met in this game. I found out she cash shops for other people... And as a reward, she logs on and is immediately bombarded with get me charms get me hypers get me get me get me....One day when it took over 30 minutes to get hypers to someone (SL) he came on spewing about she wasn't gonna give him anything she was a pos and he was leaving... Clicked leave the faction then trash talked her in wc some more....

So honestly is this how the elitist among you have acted all along cause if it is I'm out... I am going back to no faction and being on my own

Since the maturity lvl in here is about as high as a college sorority house and every girl is on that time of the monthb:avoid
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    go get dem boys give this server some life

oh wait you just talking out yer *** like most people

No... about 30-40 of us tried this game and made it to mid 80-100 lvl range only 7 or 8 stayed... Have a new game being launched (closed beta just ended).....This week or next (can't remember) that I will be playing with them for awhile

sry if this is a dble post
    edited January 2012
    Options

You immediately go to a flame post... Of everything I said the only thing you point out is my line about a load of bs, hoping to get a rise out of me. You offer nothing to the discussion, and no opinion. Which would mean that you have no real reason to post anything for this discussion other than an attempt to get someone else angry on your behalf.

I think it worked. Please write more.

edited January 2012
    Options
    Oh, I love you too emo b:heart

b:dirty

• Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Will Barbapapa, the former long-time leader of Crimson, have the balls to attack and effectively break that alliance with Crimson when inevitably they are the last two guilds on the map?

You seem to be forgetting a faction...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Pyroki - Harshlands
    Pyroki - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wow dia, where's my love? b:cry

Vemo owes me a Twister game, but feel free to join in with us. We can make a giant veno pile on the Twister mat.
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Unban me.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options

But to direct the question... Am I butthurt about something??? No. I have (as stated in a post above) only recently joined one of these 90-100+ factions. There are people in this faction who used to be members of zulu, kylin, mayhem, crimson, catalyst, omerta.... yada yada yada you get the idea.

Now what I have been in thisand seen... 2 bms in same faction pking in the same place.... Start to trash talk eachother to such a degree that they start to pk each other.... And this drags on for over an hour with still the same ****... No life kid cash shop r9.... blah blah blah... Why can't we kill this person (probably because they wouldn't work together).

Or the guy who got pissed off and left faction because I asked how old he was before I would let him join "MY" vent where some of the other members were. He demanded I give him the info then a minute later (before I can even respond) He yelled (typed in all caps) I'm not gonna get vent info then I'm leaving

Or my last one.... There is a girl in our faction, and even though she has a bad rep from all the wcing she does.... Truth be told she is one of the nicest most helpful people I have met in this game. I found out she cash shops for other people... And as a reward, she logs on and is immediately bombarded with get me charms get me hypers get me get me get me....One day when it took over 30 minutes to get hypers to someone (SL) he came on spewing about she wasn't gonna give him anything she was a pos and he was leaving... Clicked leave the faction then trash talked her in wc some more....

So honestly is this how the elitist among you have acted all along cause if it is I'm out... I am going back to no faction and being on my own

Since the maturity lvl in here is about as high as a college sorority house and every girl is on that time of the monthb:avoid

Massad it's not really worth typing any response to her. That's just her personality and that type is best ignored, kinda like how everyone just ignore's venomousemo's random links/posts now.

Just a little pr0tip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Halt - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Massad it's not really worth typing any response to her. That's just her personality and that type is best ignored, kinda like how everyone just ignore's venomousemo's random links/posts now.

Just a little pr0tip.

He's right.
    Unban me.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    kinda like how everyone just ignore's venomousemo's random links/posts now.

Ok I'll try your way- the "novels that know one gives a **** about but here it is anyways'.

Back in the 1600's, Rene Descrates viewed the mind and body as interactive machines. He ruled out organs other than the brain and heart as the location of mental functioning, saying human minds consisted of innate ideas. John Locke believed in the Empirieist approach, or the believe in which knowledge should be acquired by careful observation. He also opposed the nation of innate ideas, insisting that all ideas came from experience, stating "the mind is a blank state written on experience".

B.F. Skinner believed that environmental factors determine behavior a person conflicts. For example; responses that lead to positive outcomes are repeated, even though the may lead to negative outcomes. Psychologists emphasized how important the environment can enhance personal growth and our needs for love and acceptance. In your case Burnout, you feel the need to post novels that no one reads over something "you don't care about", because you feel the need to be accepted from the cruel society of Harshlands. This mental process can be referred to as cognition which involves acquiring knowledge from your childhood or present day.

A new thought of your case brings me to Humanisn. The Humanist Approach was led by Abraham Maslow and Carl Rogers. Both emphasized unique qualities, such as freedom and personal growth had a lot to do with belief. It was a rejected definition of psychology because they found Sigmund Freudian's and behaviorists definitions limiting. This simply means one person may believe their actions are better than another person, in order to fulfill the deep need inside them for personal growth.

Did you also know that Sigmund Freud created a psychoanalytic approach to the importance of unconscious that involved sexual motives and conflicts as determinants, and that personality traits and disorders are the most disguised effects of unfulfilled wishes and childhood trauma's?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Halt - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Dissapointed that you didn't go in depth on Rene's dualism.
    Unban me.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ok I'll try your way- the "novels that know one gives a **** about but here it is anyways'.

Back in the 1600's, Rene Descrates viewed the mind and body as interactive machines. He ruled out organs other than the brain and heart as the location of mental functioning, saying human minds consisted of innate ideas. John Locke believed in the Empirieist approach, or the believe in which knowledge should be acquired by careful observation. He also opposed the nation of innate ideas, insisting that all ideas came from experience, stating "the mind is a blank state written on experience".

B.F. Skinner believed that environmental factors determine behavior a person conflicts. For example; responses that lead to positive outcomes are repeated, even though the may lead to negative outcomes. Psychologists said how important the environment can enhance personal growth and our needs for love and acceptance. In your case Burnout, you feel the need to post novels that no one reads over something "you don't care about", because you feel the need to be accepted. This mental process can be referred to as cognition which involves acquiring knowledge from your childhood or present day.

A new thought of your case brings me to Humanisn. The Humanist Approach was led by Abraham Maslow and Carl Rogers. Both emphasized unique qualities, such as freedom and personal growth had a lot to do with belief. It was a rejected definition of psychology because they found Sigmund Freudian's and behaviorists definitions limiting. This simply means one person may believe their actions are better than another person, in order to fulfill that need deep inside them for person growth.

Did you also know that Sigmund Freud created a psychoanalytic approach to the importance of unconscious that involved sexual motives and conflicts as determinants, and that personality traits and disorders are the most disguised effects of unfulfilled wishes and childhood trauma's?

See, even you can post something that matters if you try hard enuff!

I'm not really a fan of philosophy, although I can't doubt it's usefulness. As an example, all of the common law made in the courts were derived from a similar way of critical thinking, and much of the viewpoints of judges depends on their own perspective of the above philosophical ideas that you posted. So it may seem like this passage is completely useless but it has importance in the more complicated matters of law, like the guilt or innocence of a mother who robs a bank to feed her child.

Whether a judge delivers a harsh sentence or a lenient one depends on these viewpoints, as well as their stance on how literally a law should be interpreted and whether social realism/practicality should play a part in the comprehension of a law.

Those who can sort out these moral issues with the greatest cognitive capability and sound reasoning eventually make it up to the Supreme Courts, which is a good thing for our country as a whole...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Roland - Harshlands
    Roland - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    "WHOA, CALM DOWN HOLY JESUS **** NIPPLES IT'S JUST A GAME" - Longknife
    edited January 2012
    Options
    See, even you can post something that matters if you try hard enuff!

I'm not really a fan of philosophy, although I can't doubt it's usefulness. As an example, all of the common law made in the courts were derived from a similar way of critical thinking, and much of the viewpoints of judges depends on their own perspective of the above philosophical ideas that you posted. So it may seem like this passage is completely useless but it has importance in the more complicated matters of law, like the guilt or innocence of a mother who robs a bank to feed her child.

Whether a judge delivers a harsh sentence or a lenient one depends on these viewpoints, as well as their stance on how literally a law should be interpreted and whether social realism/practicality should play a part in the comprehension of a law.

Those who can sort out these moral issues with the greatest cognitive capability and sound reasoning eventually make it up to the Supreme Courts, which is a good thing for our country as a whole...
    Where did you get philosophy from psychology?

And I did try hard, wowww
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hi Vemo. Where's Okopogo as your forum title?
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hi Vemo. Where's Okopogo as your forum title?

I posted on that thread and asked for it, but I haven't gotten anything yet :(

MAKE THEM CHANGE IT OKO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Patience Yung Wun!
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    you guys seem to be reading this more seriously now or at least are posting in here a bit. so who here is down for makeing a super power of a guild to combat cata?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig