Official petition for updating customization graphics on older races...

Options
2»

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That would be.. GREAT *Q*...
    I like the looks of my veno, but ofc if I could I would love her face features and such look like the tideborn's for eg D:
    Also I wanted to make a female BM.. and I tried twice already, but no matter how much I try and how much time I spend customizing my character's looks I'm still not satisfied..
    However to be honest I dont think PWI will ever update them.. or at least not too soon.. -,-

See if you like one of these characters, more to come eventually. Player-created presets for everyone to take.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1269451
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I agree with Mad Furball.. To be honest I like how my veno is looking and even if i don't like original haircut cause of graphic.. (compare to tide and guards)
    I just bought her few other haircuts from bounti, looks way better and.. developments re happy that don't have to change anything :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes please! Even if it's just simple retexturing/remeshing of some hair styles and making the new earthguard eyes default for all classes (seriously, no one should complain about liking the old eyes better, they're practically the same, the new ones just look nicer, and as several ini editors on the forums have proven, they work great with the current meshID for the old classes' eyes).

As someone who's had experience with retexturing meshes and some remeshing in 3D programs and certain simulation games, and knows that the devs can force-update characters like they did when they removed a bunch of older, really nice hair styles and left characters looking all sorts of screwed when the TB expansion came out, that they wouldn't have to change anything drastic.

Just fresh texture/alpha maps for the old mesh could be easily worked out in a few hours and put a nice new edge on old looks.

Anyone that says they like the old looks probably haven't been through the TB expansion incident. I loved my old cleric and veno's looks and then the devs removed their hairstyles without warning and replaced them with styles I did not choose nor wanted. Games looks change. If we can change them for the better, that's good, right? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes please! Even if it's just simple retexturing/remeshing of some hair styles and making the new earthguard eyes default for all classes (seriously, no one should complain about liking the old eyes better, they're practically the same, the new ones just look nicer, and as several ini editors on the forums have proven, they work great with the current meshID for the old classes' eyes).

As someone who's had experience with retexturing meshes and some remeshing in 3D programs and certain simulation games, and knows that the devs can force-update characters like they did when they removed a bunch of older, really nice hair styles and left characters looking all sorts of screwed when the TB expansion came out, that they wouldn't have to change anything drastic.

Just fresh texture/alpha maps for the old mesh could be easily worked out in a few hours and put a nice new edge on old looks.

Anyone that says they like the old looks probably haven't been through the TB expansion incident. I loved my old cleric and veno's looks and then the devs removed their hairstyles without warning and replaced them with styles I did not choose nor wanted. Games looks change. If we can change them for the better, that's good, right? :)

I know right? Back then I was happy my hairstyle wasn't one of them (before the TB's and wigs came out)... But I saw how a lot of ppl where enoyed by it... That was just rude replacing random hairstyles with others that didn't even looked like the old one... But yeah if they can pull that off they should also be able to update some graphics on the older classes witouth changing actual styles...

Btw your sig kinda reminds me of Snow from FFXIII...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I voted "yes." I like both my clerics but better detail would be nice. At the very least PLEASE fix the hands! They look like hooks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!