Official petition for updating customization graphics on older races...

Options
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Suggestion Box
Content:
Welcome to the official petition thread for wanting updated customization graphics on older races... Unlike some other sugestion/petition threads out there this one will be done a little more official... Rather then just voting for a poll you can put your name on an official list wich we can present to the staff once there are enough ppl suporting this...

Now for the thread itself... Getting tired of that hidious outdated look on your older race character? Feeling tired of walking around looking like something that already looked old 3 years ago? Sick of having to spend money on wigs as an only option to be able to walk around with decent hair? So am I! While the newer races already get all the beautifull stuff we're being left behind... Why should they get all the fun while we've bin around for so much longer?

I am aware that the dev's of the older characters aren't working there annymore but that doesn't mean that they can't update the old stuff... Note that this is not about TB or EG hair... This petition is to get existing stuff graphicly upgraded... And I'm pretty sure that a lot of our own hairstyles would just look beautifull when upgraded properly...

Also another thing that bother me a lot are the blank and outdated eyes... Old races have souls too... So about time we get a graphical update on that too...

Examples:
Normal hair compared to newer hair tat kinda looks alike:
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

Normal eyes compared to EG eyes:
Example eyes

An example I drew myself (be nice I did my best):
Example hair upgrade

If you can come up with some more examples feel free to contribute (maybe someone who can work well with 3D programs?)... I'll make sure it'll be added to this post...

Oh and while we're at it give Barbs a few more options too... Barbs seem to want it badly... At least some more facial expressions or something...

Edit: I misspelled "Do" in the poll question... Sorry about that... b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
BigHearts member... f:grin
Post edited by Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Rules:
    1. Poll is now the petition list...
    2. See rule 1...
    3. Do not make multiple accounts to sign... One account each person only plz...
    4. Behave yourselves... Respect eachother and stick to the general rules...
    5. Do not talk about being allowed to .ini edit here... There's already another tread for that...
    6. This petition is open to everyone (even players from other servers) as long as you follow rule 3...
    7. This is about upgrading stuff only... This petition is not for putting TB/EG hair on older races...
    8. Also this is not about changing stuff/forms/genders of veno's/barbs...
    9. No trolling plz...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Signature list (will be updated daily):
    See poll... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Banners (feel free to contribute):
    Banner 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thread is open now... Thanks for your patience... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'll say again what I said in the ini thread: I want the option to either stick with the old graphics or upgrade. I'd hate having forced something new onto me, I like my characters as they are atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hmmm... I didn't realy think that some ppl actualy liked the outdated graphics... Well I guys it might be a bit dissapointing for you then if this ever actualy happens... Well not to worry though... Most of it stays the same it will just look better with nicer textures... And I don't expect this to happen annytime soon also... Just an attempt to get the dev's into it if this thread get's enough suport for now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Pretty sure it's obvious how I feel about anything in the suggestion box.

The Dev/Admin team made it obvious what their priorities are by putting out the nurse fashion last week.

If it's free, it won't be spared a passing glance.

I do commend the effort and time you put into this, so I voted yes. It's a really well thought out proposition.

Good luck. b:thanks
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I vote for yes. I've been playing this game for at least 3 years or so and I agree, the older classes needs some love b:sad

EDIT: I'll link this thread on my sign, so that more people can support this idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So many ppl already support but no one signed up for it huh... I wonder if ppl here are formilliar with official petitions... Meh voting will work too then... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ::teleports in, raises hand in favor::
    ::teleports out::
  • ArchJenly - Heavens Tear
    ArchJenly - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I like this idea. I Vote yes. I feel like we need some lovin' c:
    edited January 2012
    Options
    We do need some loving... We're so outdated... Like we're from a game made back in 2000 or something... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    One sad person voted no...

Not sure if trolling, or just stupid...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Neither of it. I voted no because I support the other petition for ini edits.
    And because I like my char as she is, I don't want an update forced onto me. Sure, if they make it voluntarily I'm fine with it. But I don't want my char screwed with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited January 2012
    Options

Ppl are entitled to their opinions... Even if we don't agree we should respect that as well... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I vote'd yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Neither of it. I voted no because I support the other petition for ini edits.
    And because I like my char as she is, I don't want an update forced onto me. Sure, if they make it voluntarily I'm fine with it. But I don't want my char screwed with.

Same reason. I like the choices in textures for the hairs in the original classes. Maybe if instead of just flat out upgrading it, they made all of the customization options available for the classes and put out new hairs, I would support it. But a forced change in my hairstyle? No thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • JaxKitten - Dreamweaver
    JaxKitten - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I voted yes. I play a veno, but her eyes and hair look so bland. o.O Also, I made her ears as tiny as possible because I know nekos don't have human ears.

Yeah, I like cats. I'm always hunting for a game where it lets me be a neko. By neko, I mean cat girl with a cat tail and cat ears. Not a human girl with a cat ear headband, a girl with actual cat ears and a tail that move on their own. Heck. I play a khajiit in the Elder Scrolls games. Those games have gotten better graphically o.O Perfect world could learn a thing or two from Bethesda I think. The eyes, yeah. Those could be updated. Eyes without a soul mean the person is dead inside.

I'll say more later if it pops up later. Until then, I am done with putting my two cents in.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Same reason. I like the choices in textures for the hairs in the original classes. Maybe if instead of just flat out upgrading it, they made all of the customization options available for the classes and put out new hairs, I would support it. But a forced change in my hairstyle? No thanks.

Nonono... The hair won't change... It will just be the same hair but with upgraded graphics and textures... That's what the petition is for... There's nothing wrong with the idea of the hairs we have... The graphics of it are just outdated... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exiirah - Lost City
    Exiirah - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Voted yes, however i hope one day they bring that really nice hair i used to see on venos, never got a chance to use it on mine b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nonono... The hair won't change... It will just be the same hair but with upgraded graphics and textures... That's what the petition is for... There's nothing wrong with the idea of the hairs we have... The graphics of it are just outdated... b:cute

To upgrade the graphics and especially the textures they would have to tweak it though. After all, the older classes give us an option of picking exactly which texture to put in place in the hair. If that rainbow texture was any brighter, more noticeable, it wouldn't blend as well with the darker colors. If the braided hair was better done and more noticeable, it wouldn't be as pretty in certain hairstyles and would just look awkward. Like I said, I'm all for additional hair options that are better quality. Maybe even high-res versions of the same hairs. I just would like the old stuff to say the same too, because I've put a LOT of work in getting my char just the way I want her. It wouldn't be able to stay exactly the same.

Voted yes, however i hope one day they bring that really nice hair i used to see on venos, never got a chance to use it on mine b:sad

They changed a lot of the hairs to match the picture a while back. So a lot of the old hairs were graphical glitches.

Click here for more info

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=777152
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=548372&page=4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TattooAngel - Archosaur
    TattooAngel - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'd personally love to see my veno look a bit better. Maybe even update the graphics on the tails and ears for the veno and the graphics for the barbs as well. That would be awsome! Although I would like having the option to stick with my original style if the updated version does not suite my taste right away.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    how about letting the barbs change SOMTHING....yes im down for this.b:angry
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I don't like it. My fps goes down whenever a seeker gets close. I'd hate to think what would happen in west arch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    how about letting the barbs change SOMTHING....yes im down for this.b:angry

Good point... I'll ad it to the op post... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I like too.. but i think texture upgrade are the only thing that can possibly happen. (excluding eyeball, since it just limited by ini / or mainly eyeball are just textures)

Since changing the character meshes to new engine = every created character of old race would revert to the new default looks (that mean everyone would buy make over scroll, but probably it not enough for PWE to upgrade the graphic...) and possibility of less customization option than before changes.

You can notice that :
    new race = higher poly = superior default looks = less customization
    old race = lower poly = generic old graphic looks = more customization

In order to make :
    race = higher poly = superior default looks = more customization
    PW need to revamp their entire graphic, which mean more lag or higher spec. (it's better to just create new game with superior graphic)

Other thing to mention, changing the texture may cause some awkward looks = everyone will revamp their character looks. b:chuckle

But that didn't mean i choose no.... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Maybe I can ad the option that you need to revert your character to the new texture settings then? Like putting a revert button in your characters custumization menu where you can click on if absolutely sure you want the new? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pazi_Ujedam - Raging Tide
    Pazi_Ujedam - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Content:

Oh and while we're at it give Barbs a few more options too... Barbs seem to want it badly... At least some more facial expressions or something...

I wanna wave white furr on my barb even when i'm not in tiger formb:sadb:surrender
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That would be.. GREAT *Q*...
    I like the looks of my veno, but ofc if I could I would love her face features and such look like the tideborn's for eg D:
    Also I wanted to make a female BM.. and I tried twice already, but no matter how much I try and how much time I spend customizing my character's looks I'm still not satisfied..
    However to be honest I dont think PWI will ever update them.. or at least not too soon.. -,-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."