New Expansion - GM statement please

Arenaceous - Lost City
Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Hello,

I know this is probably futile but I will post this nontheless since it's always worth a try.

I don't rememebr exactly when the old expansions have been announced, if there was "some big content coming soon" talk beforehand or not. But we have been getting infos from chinese speaking users for weeks now and we actually do know a lot about what we are to expect, so I am not asking for info about the content. I would just like to know: Do you know if it's planned that we get the expansion or is it some china only thing? Can you give any info about it. I don't even dare to ask how much patience we need to have, but I am surely not the only person here who would like to read some official word about it.

Thanks in advance.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
Post edited by Arenaceous - Lost City on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The GMs probably know less about it than we do, if history is any example. That aside, since we do get our patches from China, it's bound to affect us eventually. It's just a question of when.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well will definately get something.
    See this mysterious statement: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15764541&postcount=20

I guess it's only a couple of days until an official announcement with more information :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well will definately get something.
    See this mysterious statement: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15764541&postcount=20

I guess it's only a couple of days until an official announcement with more information :P

:spins in his chair: b:victory
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    We're getting it-- official info on it is more than just a few days away, but it should be fun b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Grats on luring frankie here o_o That's rare. lol

And psssh, is there nothing you can already tell us? We won't tell anyone else b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    We won't tell anyone else b:quiet

^this...b:nosebleed
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I hax b:chuckle but don't tell frankie...

ty for the info frankie, now I'm relieved ^_^ thought we would miss it or something...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    We're getting it-- official info on it is more than just a few days away, but it should be fun b:victory

a.k.a. It's coming sooooonnnnn!!!! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Historically you get better info from players about new content than any official statement lol <_<

They are in a frustrating spot though since anyone can see new content months before it arrives here. Kinda hard to get any credit for announcing stuff everyone already knows about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012

And psssh, is there nothing you can already tell us? We won't tell anyone else b:quiet
    You want a rare sneak peek? Okay, promise you don't tell anybody.

Bacon Axes are coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    well you guys should be able to figure it out if you think hard enough, these new races are always long forgotten children you heartless scoundrels abandoned a thousand years ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Now question is, will it be info that'll be useful or vague statements that won't mean anything?

Considering most of the expansion has been covered in great detail, I would hope for the very least a projection time for a release date... At least a quarter would be fine. (I would assume late Q1 or Q2 at this pace...).
    Sihndra wrote: »
    well you guys should be able to figure it out if you think hard enough, these new races are always long forgotten children you heartless scoundrels abandoned a thousand years ago

I...uh...what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    genotypist wrote: »
    You want a rare sneak peek? Okay, promise you don't tell anybody.

Bacon Axes are coming.

Seems Legit. b:nosebleed
    edited January 2012

I know its fun to be coy but it looks kinda bad when an admin doesn't know there is no new race <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • sihndra
    edited January 2012
    no I've started the rumor and there's nothing you can do to stop it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheogorath - Momaganon
    Sheogorath - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Or Sihndra could simply be referring to the fact that the earthguard race had been hiding underground for thousands of years and only just resurfaced to guide and help the other races through the coming calamity.

After all, the advertisement and lore behind the Genesis expansion alluded to a great cataclysm of sorts and I don't recall much of a apocalypse after the last expansion. Therefore, this upcoming one could just be a sort of continuation of the earthguard/armageddon idea and the new skills could symbolize the guidance the earthguard gave the other races to defeat the new menace.

Or I could be over analyzing this entire thing.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Or I could be over analyzing this entire thing.

That pretty much sums it up.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012

So my guess a year ago that they were gonna be Wraith-based is true? xP

PWE needs to stop introducing new races and start upgrading end-game content.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Gm's do terrible work here. They absolutely not providing tutorials of new incoming things.
    For instance. Trials. Where is tutorial, how base work? How trials works? What to do? What base offers and etc. The support of game is just horrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheUnderLord - Lost City
    TheUnderLord - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Gm's do terrible work here. They absolutely not providing tutorials of new incoming things.
    For instance. Trials. Where is tutorial, how base work? How trials works? What to do? What base offers and etc. The support of game is just horrible.

I believe there's a section in PWI Wiki that sheds some light on the Trials, I saw it in passing but not sure how detailed it is...
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

L.C. Merchantile Asset Management est.2010
    (pwinsider.wordpress.com)
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I believe there's a section in PWI Wiki that sheds some light on the Trials, I saw it in passing but not sure how detailed it is...

I've only done one trial... it was like Trial 5 or 6... I forget, but from what I can tell the intentions were good, but the execution is pretty horrible.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Here is the link. Info is not bad, but could be better. At least better than nothing.
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Faction_Bases
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I haven't seen that many PWE ppl in one threat in a while...Gratz OPb:laugh
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2012

We can't have everything spoon fed to us by the game Admins and GMs have other things to do besides teaching you how to play the game. It's amazing what you can figure out on your own if you just put some effort into actually searching the PW Wiki guides or even using Google. Certain aspects of the game require us to figure it out.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • sihndra
    edited January 2012
    Certain aspects of the game require us to figure it out.

and honestly I'm increasingly convinced that that is what you scoundrels love about PWI and what has made it such a raging success. Compared to [OTHER MMOS] that hold your hand and walk you down a hallway and give you encouraging pats/strokes every scheduled 8.75 minutes, PWI is a stark wasteland of bizarre quests and antiquated world building.

Figuring out PWI takes talking to other people, wandering around a lot, and an astronomic level of resourcefulness, BUT, I submit, those qualities form the foundation of any good MMO experience because they invariably, indisputably immerse you into enduring, thriving in, and sharing a common world with other real people.

/drunkGM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    /drunkGM

so thats why sihndra is speaking weirder than normal b:chuckle
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sihndra is speaking about normal, IMO .... always a little off that one =O

@Michael_Dark: I <3 Trials. One of the better instances in the game, IMO. Provides a challenge kinda spices up guild chat when its going on... its nice. Something that require coordination almost at the level of TW is nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
    edited January 2012
    Here is the link. Info is not bad, but could be better. At least better than nothing.
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Faction_Bases

If you find detail on the wiki to be lacking feel free to add more info.
    The wiki is only as good as what players put into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zgod - Lost City
    Zgod - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    No new classes plz we have enough none used classes to worry bout 2 more classes and according to some ppl there's new skills.... Does this mean u will expand the skill bars and the skill list cause atm I can't get all BM skills since there's like 48 skills and only 42 squares+ sparks and the chi skill takes 4 slots so u can't learn every skill >.> kinda lame
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Figuring out PWI takes talking to other people, wandering around a lot, and an astronomic level of resourcefulness...

/drunkGM
    FC power-leveling, nuff said..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?